PDA

View Full Version : small amount of hotels left

dioscorides
01-17-2008, 07:55 AM
i may be making something out of nothing, but i find it odd that there only 11 hotels left on yahoo travel for 4/24 thru 4/29. i usually book my travel just after the lineup is announced and there are always plenty of hotels to chose from. i have already booked this year since i found a really good deal last week. just curious if anyone else thinks that it is possible that people who know people in the know are snatching up hotel rooms because they know something big is coming. i just think it is strange that there are so few choices left when the lineup hasn't been released and presale tickets aren't being sold yet. maybe there is a big convention going on or something. anyway, i'm just rambling now.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-17-2008, 07:58 AM
many people go to coachella without knowing the line up (i reserved like a month ago). Or, some reserve, wait for the line up to show up, and decide where to go from there. Due to the fact that i reserved my room a long time ago, i can cancel the reservation with no penalty before April 22nd. So many have done the same. Shit, some people reserved their room since coachella 07 ended (they guessed the date for coachella 08).

the reason is coachella. thats it.

TomPaine
01-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Just camp.

captncrzy
01-17-2008, 08:13 AM
No, it's just Coachella.

Check the individual websites-some hotel chains don't use travel websites to sell rooms.

waxybk
01-17-2008, 08:20 AM
i booked last month, just to be safe. I even had a hard time finding a decent one around that time. Now we have one that is a bit of a drive from the festival. Usually we get one about 15 minutes from it.

dioscorides
01-17-2008, 08:22 AM
No, it's just Coachella.

Check the individual websites-some hotel chains don't use travel websites to sell rooms.

true. it may also depend on the travel website. i did notice that orbitz had more listings than yahoo had.

JZ117
01-17-2008, 08:24 AM
check out orbitz - not sure if some hotels have a min. stay, but if you put in 4/24-4/28, there are still a bunch of things coming up - one is wyndham palm springs at $160/nt (have stayed there and pretty nice place, esp. for that rate).

another good place to look is tripadvisor - it has links to hotel sites, but also shows you places in order of rankings by users, so you can get an idea if something is worth the $$, a total roach fest, etc. plus, a lot of times you'll see highly rated places that are independent hotels you won't find on expedia, travelocity, etc.

captncrzy
01-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Check Hilton...I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rancho Mirage...I just checked and there are rooms available.

Homewood Suites in La Quinta for $169/night
Hilton Garden Inn in Rancho Mirage for $169/night

HunterGather
01-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Me and some people got a Marriott room reserved. Between 5 of us its $168 per person splitting the cost of 4 nights. Less if the 6th person comes.

afrank
01-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Hotels.com is all i can say. i booked my room last week.

dioscorides
01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Hotels.com is all i can say. i booked my room last week.

i have become pretty loyal to yahoo over the last few years. they always seem to have the best deals out of tulsa. they must get some pretty good deals from american airlines. we booked 5 nights in palm springs (4/24 to 4/29) w/ flight for ~$655/person last week (2 people, 1 room).

gmoneyak
01-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I booked rooms in Palm Springs last year in late Feb., no problem.

JustSteve
01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
there will also probably be quite a few people coming on here in the coming months and letting us know they are canceling reservations, they may even offer to transfer it to your name.

MiamiNate
01-18-2008, 04:50 AM
coachella has been around for long enough to attract enough people that are "regulars." these people, like myself, book their hotels waaaay before the lineup is announced. personally, I booked in the beginning of november. you're thinking into it too much if you think that not much is left because something epic is brewing. I mean, it is anyways, but there's enough smart people out there that don't want to pay out the ass for a room and know that booking early means they won't have to. pay out the ass that is.

dioscorides
01-18-2008, 06:21 AM
coachella has been around for long enough to attract enough people that are "regulars." these people, like myself, book their hotels waaaay before the lineup is announced. personally, I booked in the beginning of november. you're thinking into it too much if you think that not much is left because something epic is brewing. I mean, it is anyways, but there's enough smart people out there that don't want to pay out the ass for a room and know that booking early means they won't have to. pay out the ass that is.

man. you're killing my conspiracy buzz.

JustSteve
01-18-2008, 06:23 AM
if there were that many people in the know, especially on this board, do you really think they would keep their mouth's shut if there was something epic going on?

dioscorides
01-18-2008, 06:41 AM
that is so true.

invisiblerobots
01-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Sleep in your car in a WalMart parking lot. For free!

dioscorides
01-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Sleep in your car in a WalMart parking lot. For free!

i prefer target parking lots.

elChurro
01-18-2008, 10:18 AM
i may be making something out of nothing, but i find it odd that there only 11 hotels left on yahoo travel for 4/24 thru 4/29. i usually book my travel just after the lineup is announced and there are always plenty of hotels to chose from. i have already booked this year since i found a really good deal last week. just curious if anyone else thinks that it is possible that people who know people in the know are snatching up hotel rooms because they know something big is coming. i just think it is strange that there are so few choices left when the lineup hasn't been released and presale tickets aren't being sold yet. maybe there is a big convention going on or something. anyway, i'm just rambling now.

Get a few heads together, rent a vacation home. There are plenty of them out here.

pandaroo
01-19-2008, 01:37 PM
just look further away. We stayed in Palm Springs when we booked late. Or, if you have a crew, book a condo thats what we do and it ends up being the same price.
A condo agent told us people choose not to rent out their houses and condos for the Coachella weekend cause they think we're scum. so, that doesnt help either.

nationocean
01-24-2008, 09:34 AM
always book in december. never had a problem before.

intraffic
01-25-2008, 04:22 AM
New Homewood Suites Hilton in La Quinta has rooms 169/nt online:

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/LAQHWHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-La-Quinta-California/index.do;jsessionid=9DFFFDA212CCA1340E2FCCCD2B0752 CB.etc41?brand_id=HW&brand_directory=/en/hw/&xch=129237971,OJAZOSC3MFQI4CSGBIW222Q

Only 10-15 mins away.

Harrisment
01-25-2008, 04:58 AM
New Homewood Suites Hilton in La Quinta has rooms 169/nt online:

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/LAQHWHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-La-Quinta-California/index.do;jsessionid=9DFFFDA212CCA1340E2FCCCD2B0752 CB.etc41?brand_id=HW&brand_directory=/en/hw/&xch=129237971,OJAZOSC3MFQI4CSGBIW222Q

Only 10-15 mins away.

I just checked and for the dates of Coachella the cheapest room is $359/night.