PDA

View Full Version : Meeting the Bands In Person

empress
01-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Will there be a possibility of personally meeting bands and sort of talking with them in person? If so, show me your ways! I am desperately trying to meet Sonic Youth as well as Blonde Redhead.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Will there be a possibility of personally meeting bands and sort of talking with them in person? If so, show me your ways! I am desperately trying to meet Sonic Youth as well as Blonde Redhead.

The only opportunity you have is if those bands do the signing tent thing one day. That's it. Even if they do that, you'll probably only have a few seconds at best.

pewter14
01-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I think what Mystagogue is trying to say is ... they have a virgin record store tent, and they usually have like 45 minute autograph sessions with several of the bands throughout the fest ... I've seen some pretty long lines for those, and indeed, it's a assembly line format so, I'd assume it's get your shit signed, say hi ... then "NEXT!"

Keep your eyes peeled if you know what they look like ... I've seen quite a few band folk just walking around taking in other shows.

bmack86
01-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Sonic Youth'll wander around the crowd. Look for Thurston and Lee, they're really easy to spot. Especially Thurston, being so tall.

AEversW
01-28-2007, 04:47 PM
i met slug last year! he actaully talked for a minute or so to my friend and i...only because he recognized my friend from other shows that month.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/AEversW/coachella%202006/slugyyo.jpg

SubBass49
01-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Keep an eye out in the crowds...you'll spot all sorts of celebs & musicians. Seen MURS walking around & buying a churro last year...spotted Ethan Suplee & Juliette Lewis dancing to Spearhead a few years ago...Flea sitting beside the stage at a show or two...

Just study up on what the people actually look like and you'll be surprised who you see.

-- J

bartelby
01-29-2007, 08:43 AM
saw jack black in the parking lot in 04