PDA

View Full Version : For the Girls*what to wear/ what to bring

pandaroo
01-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Someone mentioned creating a thread solely for the females on the "Tips for Newbies" thread . Hope its useful. And if you don't think so, well, just trying to help- :winkiss
For the lady newbies and seasoned pros, any tips? do's and don'ts?
here are some of mine:

What to Bring/ pack
1.dont over pack. bring a light sweater for the evening and a hat that can
fold away into your bag nicely.
2.toilet seat covers! they cost a buck and you get 5. they come in a handy case. also recommend moist towelettes over the liquid sanitizer. less drying.
3. extra hair ties for those in a hair crisis
4. camera
5. lip goo
6. gum
7. take advil or something before you go in
8. a lighter.

Food Stuff
1. stay away from pizza and burgers. take it easy like rice and veggies or a corn on the cob.
2. If you cant stay away from the junk, take an immodium ad before you go in to avoid the shits.
3. store stuff in the car like frozen water bottles (melt to chill) and snacks

Clothing
1. Light and airy- let it all breathe. no silk (sweaty) linen (wrinkly), or denim (heavy!!) is recommended .
2. Light colors (duh) try to avoid white dresses- they get dirty!
3. sturdy sandals. I had a friends' flip flop break on her. ouch!

The Heat
1. if it really concerns you, sacrifice early shows and plan for a 4pm arrival. its the hottest time but it only gets cooler from there. spend the first have of your day poolside!
2. wide brim hats rock
3. little paper fans help too

any other tips ladies?

gaypalmsprings
01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
don't forget about chafing

pandaroo
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
don't forget about chafing

oh im too prepared to ever have had a chafing problem how about you? :thu

amyzzz
01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
If you want to arrive later, be prepared for a 2 hour wait to get in. Traffic (and lines) will be at its worst in the afternoon.

miscorrections
01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Or just suck it up, don't be a whiny bitch, and go as soon as the gates open so you can see everything and maybe catch some new acts.

amyzzz
01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I always arrive early since 2005 when I attempted to leave Palm Springs at 1pm and ended up missing 2 or 3 bands I wanted to see. Once bitten...

invisiblerobots
01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VEG5BZCAL._AA280_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

captncrzy
01-16-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm bringing a squirt bottle again like I did last year; whoever recommended it to me is a genius.

Also, I bought a really pretty sarong in Hawaii; I'm bringing it to use 1) as a hair wrap 2) to wrap around my shoulders in the evening and 3) to lay on in the grass.

miscorrections
01-16-2008, 07:01 PM
This year I'm bringing sunscreen for my hair. Didn't wear a hat last year and the part in my hair was truly disgusting for quite a while afterwards.

pandaroo
01-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Or just suck it up, don't be a whiny bitch, and go as soon as the gates open so you can see everything and maybe catch some new acts.
who's whining?
it all seems like advice to me.
and good advice about the sunscreen on the scalp!

algunz
01-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I always wear a dress/skirt, so you can add pants/leggings after sundown.

Aa0275
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM
bring spandex shorts for under dresses

waxybk
01-17-2008, 03:10 AM
I always wear a dress/skirt, so you can add pants/leggings after sundown.

I did that for the first time last year. Best idea ever.

waxybk
01-17-2008, 05:19 AM
Also, I bought a really pretty sarong in Hawaii; I'm bringing it to use 1) as a hair wrap 2) to wrap around my shoulders in the evening and 3) to lay on in the grass.

That's a great idea. I heart multi-purpose things.

luveebunni08
01-17-2008, 06:32 AM
i generally buy an umbrella, souvenir thing, but a hat is a must. you can buy little paper fans at the festival (best purchase all weekend). if you bring in your own make sure it's one you don't care about. 2005 they were handing them out in front of the gate and for some stupid reason security made me pitch it. i saw a bunch of other people in the polo fields with them and that just pissed me off.

my advice: don't pile stuff on yourself to carry. bring a few essentials that can either fit in your pockets or a small bag. if you can get a locker do. if we get one this year i'm definitely going to make more use of it.

amyzzz
01-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Last year I wore a sarong as a skirt with over-the-knee knee-highs 2 days, and that worked really well. I like to have my legs fully covered for when I have to sit in the grass. Sweaty skin on grass is icky.

captncrzy
01-17-2008, 06:47 AM
I wore dresses with leggings myself. It was awesome.

amyzzz
01-17-2008, 06:48 AM
I was afraid leggings/tights would be too hot, so...knee-highs.

captncrzy
01-17-2008, 06:49 AM
No, actually, they were nice and comfy. They were white rather than black, so I suppose that helped.

amyzzz
01-17-2008, 07:36 AM
I'll try that one day maybe. Also, agree on the Monistat soothing cream pictured above. It works for guys too.

luveebunni08
01-17-2008, 08:02 AM
i think i may try a dress this year. my first year i wear jeans at least 1 day every year and every year i wonder why i do that to myself. i think i may invest in crocs this year too. sandals and tennis shoes just don't cut it anymore.

captncrzy
01-17-2008, 08:14 AM
I wear flip flops and just walk around barefoot in the grass all day. At night, I put my shoes on (really risky to walk around that place in the dark without your shoes).

waxybk
01-17-2008, 08:19 AM
I wear flip flops and just walk around barefoot in the grass all day. At night, I put my shoes on (really risky to walk around that place in the dark without your shoes).

Just thinking about that gives me the creeps.

luveebunni08
01-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Just thinking about that gives me the creeps.

i walked around barefoot this year, cause my feet were really hurting in my shoes. it's not too bad. i almost stepping in pizza someone left on the ground though. that would have been unfortunate.

heatherxxll
01-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Last year was my first, I wore dresses all 3 days (jersey) with my bikini underneath...it was great. I wore Converse, socks-free so that I could walk barefoot when I wanted. I packed a messenger bag full of the essentials listed above and rented a locker so that I didn't need to carry all of it around with me. Very worth it.

BROKENDOLL
01-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Last year I wore a sarong as a skirt with over-the-knee knee-highs 2 days, and that worked really well. I like to have my legs fully covered for when I have to sit in the grass. Sweaty skin on grass is icky.
Amyzzz~ I started having a visual of a bad fashion mishap here until you stated the practicality of it. Of course, at 47 and 5'10" with skinny legs, there may not be any chance of practicality anyway! Ha,ha,ha! I actually found that my camo capri's with all the nifty lil' pockets here and there worked the best for carrying the essentials. I don't use sunscreen, hence the wrinkles, but for those not used to the desert sun, I highly recommend it! I wore a Skort one time when most of the fest was spent dancin' in the Sahara, but it left me with a backpack to contend with. Truly though...Those capris made for a great day at the fest!

algunz
01-17-2008, 08:59 AM
i walked around barefoot this year, cause my feet were really hurting in my shoes. it's not too bad. i almost stepping in pizza someone left on the ground though. that would have been unfortunate.

It was the still smoking cigarette butts that detered me from going barefoot. Ouch!

amyzzz
01-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Amyzzz~ I started having a visual of a bad fashion mishap here until you stated the practicality of it....
Yeah, I must admit I missed my jeans pockets when I wore the sarong. One of those days my husband brought a back pack with our stuff or I brought a medium-sized purse with our stuff.

*** note: bring a purse/bad with a lot of zippers if you're hiding something. :thu

BROKENDOLL
01-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I learned about the pains of lugging a purse around too...especially when I'd go to get my hiddens out...Christ! What a joke!

Heresy
01-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Meh I avoid wearing sandals. People step on your feet and it hurts. Besides what if there's a puddle of puke and other unknown liquids on the grass...ew.

captncrzy
01-17-2008, 10:14 AM
That's a good point. But it's still the most comfortable option I've found so far. Socks and shoes are too heavy, flip flops start to hurt the underside of my feet, etc.

Melanie.Dawn
01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I had not thought at all about what I'm going to wear. It seems to be quite the process though.

amyzzz
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't have any problem with my feet getting too hot or whatever. Last year I wore Vasque athletic shoes with 1 or 2 pairs of socks, and I was fine. My main problem is soreness, not heat, and those shoes worked great. I remember in 06 I wore my Docs, and those just weren't comfortable enough to walk in all day. By Daft Punk, my husband and I were both hurting.

elChurro
01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Barefoot is beautiful, nice fluffy grass and sunshine... thats how its meant to be, it's not Coachella without the grass, but once the sun goes down the shoes go on; thats when the toe-steppers comes out.

Encaitare
01-17-2008, 02:48 PM
As a busty girl, I always wear a comfortable bikini top under whatever I'm wearing, because I've found by the end of the day a bra, even a good one, will be itchy, sweaty, and definitly not wearable for the next day. Bikini top can be washed out in the bathroom sink if need be, and lets your boobies breathe, which is good in the 100+ heat. And you don't look as much like a whore when you get sick of your shirt and take it off...

pandaroo
01-17-2008, 02:54 PM
the first day we brought a blanket cause we had rented a locker and thought we could put it in there- when we got to the venue we ask numerous workers where they were and no one new so we gave up. when we got home we looked at the map closer and found them :( so, lockers rock if you want to change into something- just make sure you can find them. we were stupid.

tripcalifornia
01-17-2008, 03:17 PM
My squirt bottle was confiscated from me during the search to get in. I didn't try to hide it, and it was totally empty. They didn't give any reason other than "you can't bring that in" - so if you try to bring one in, just make sure it's cheap in case you get a power-tripper searcher like I did.

amyzzz
01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Barefoot is beautiful, nice fluffy grass and sunshine... thats how its meant to be, it's not Coachella without the grass, but once the sun goes down the shoes go on; thats when the toe-steppers comes out.
The grass was super lush last year. I was so nice lying down in the shade areas in that grass! I hope it's nice this year too.

tripcalifornia
01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
The first year I went ('05) my feet got CUT UP by my sandals. So I HIGHLY advise against the cute fabric or leather ones that slowly saw away at your skin. Cheap rubber flip flops or tennis shoes are the only way to go. And I know this probably sounds silly, but I brought a bunch of wetwipes because you get really dirty, especially your feet. No way to really avoid it I guess, and cleaning my feet probably only makes the dirt stick on faster, but it makes me feel good for the few minutes that they're clean :)

amyzzz
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Almost every one of the "tip" threads has someone recommending baby wipes--for other reasons like washing your hands. So no, it does not sound silly.

McFearless
01-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Buy some shoe inserts. A lot of shoes don't have sufficent support and the shoe inserts saved my knees from pain after standing for 8 hours.

Sunglasses. Not necessarily essential but ...

captncrzy
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
I always bring baby wipes....and I didn't have any problem getting in with my bottle.

karecares
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
As a busty girl, I always wear a comfortable bikini top under whatever I'm wearing, because I've found by the end of the day a bra, even a good one, will be itchy, sweaty, and definitly not wearable for the next day. Bikini top can be washed out in the bathroom sink if need be, and lets your boobies breathe, which is good in the 100+ heat. And you don't look as much like a whore when you get sick of your shirt and take it off...
i agree with this

sassypants
01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
the dress/skirt with leggings after dark is a good tip.

I'll probably wear my crocs one day, tennis shoes another day and sandals a third day - variety keeps my feet happy. Tennis shoes on Saturday so my toes won't suffer during Portishead.

not sure about clothes yet, although I do have a sarong I could bring. Last year I wore shorts and a t-shirt and it wasn't too hot. Hat is essential.

rapejr25
01-20-2008, 01:50 PM
shave your underarms no one likes hairy pits

captncrzy
01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
As far as shoes go, think about getting a locker. You can bring in an extra pair and change if one isn't working out. I did that last year. I didn't use the extra pair, but I was comforted in knowing they were at my disposal.

krk67
01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Here's what usually works for me:

1. Backpack or bag with a long strap (smaller messenger or canvas) so that it can be stabilized on the shoulder opposite the hip it sits on. This way you avoid the constant readjusting that comes with a shorter strapped bag.

2. When it's 100 degrees at 4 pm, I like to soak my t-shirt (generally a darker american apparel -- i.e. non-heavy one) with water. Wearing it around like that cools me back off. I bring an extra t-shirt if the first one ends up seeming too skanky.

3. Instead of the infantile smell of babywipes, I use Booth's tea tree facial wipes (you can get them at Walgreens) in a sandwich sized ziplock. God, I sound like an ad. Yuck..

4. Other things that work for chafing are Desitan (sp?), Boudreaux's Butt Balm, or A+D Ointment. Instead of carrying a big container of it around, you can put a little bit in a ziplock because if you need it, you won't need much (and you'll probably only need it in the case of a skirt with sweaty thighs).. You can also try cornstarch for chafing. This is probably the cheapest option overall.

5. Lipbalm with sunscreen and sunscreen with and SPF of at least 30 will make the festival way more comfortable. I always feel bad for the guys who clearly didn't have anyone to put the stuff on their back and they still opted to run around drunkenly, all day, with no shirt on. Those handprints are never pretty.

6. Cowboy hats are a hassle unless they have some sort tie-thing to keep it from flying off your head as you're running from the Outdoor stage to the Sahara. The soft, foldable hat mentioned earlier is probably a better bet.

7. Heels, platforms and that sort of thing seem silly unless you are *highly* skilled at standing and running in them for 8 to 10 hours at a time.

8. It will be hot as hell, so if you can handle the full goth regalia, more power to you. I stick to t-shirts, skirts with shorts under or skorts, and Converse. Also, really light cotton pajama parts work for me. The swimsuit top as bra is a great suggestion -- for some reason it just doesn't feel as scuzzy.

9. As a minor first aid kit I bring a bit of moleskin, a small sewing kit type scissors, a couple of heavy duty sports style band aids, painkillers, those little Charmin rolls or small packages of kleenex.

10. Like the poster earlier said, lots of zippers helps when bringing things in. When I've got plenty of zippers I put stuff elsehwere.

11. If you can sneak them in, it's always nice to have a couple of Luna bars on you. It can save you a few bucks.

12. A camera is mandatory.

13. Tiny pen and tiny (3"x3") notebook.

I know this seems like a lot, but I carry the bare minimum of everything I need so it never seems bad at all.

imrad
01-20-2008, 07:26 PM
i had sandals that tied around my ankles but i found all my stuff got so dirty (i camped as well) i just ended up walking around barefoot all weekend, except at night. i prefer being barefoot anyway. as far as clothes, i wore as little as possible. booty shorts and wifebeaters!

chiapet
01-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I went barefoot a lot during the day too. The grass inside the venue is soft and pretty clean. Just look where you step. Can't imagine wearing a tshirt during the daytime. It's too hot. Cotton woven shirts work a lot better.

mimi3000
01-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Wearing open toe shoes or going barefoot just sounds icky to me. Wearing open toe shoes in a porta potty, i'm just afraid of stuff on the floor touching my feet. And walking barefoot you never know whats on the ground. Like spit. Ick.

BROKENDOLL
01-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Or a lit cigarette... I smoke and makeit a point to put mine out and then in the trashbin...Some folks don't though...Ouch!

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
01-21-2008, 09:09 AM
^Haha, I so stepped on a still lit cig butt last year during Travis at the main stage. Other than that few minutes of pain though, wearing flip flops actually worked really well. I actually started day one last year with a pair of cloth tennies (and flip flops in my bag just in case) but by the time I made it from the parking lot to the camping area my feet were burning with pain so I discarded the tennies and rocked the flip flops. It was way more comfortable, my feet could breath and I could take them off and put them on as I wished. But you do have to be cautious of where you step, and just know that your feet will be filthy by the end of the day. But that's what baby wipes are for. But as for having toes stepped on.... I didn't really have an issue with that, even when I was in the middle of the main stage crowd for Arcade Fire and Interpol.

On clothing I definitely think dresses are the way to go. Last year I rocked capris on the first and last day, one pair were denim... too hot, and the other were khaki and the got super dirty. On saturday though I wore a cute little cotton dress with biker shorts under. I was super comfy despite the oppressive heat that day.

Stefinitely Maybe
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
This thread just gave me an erection.

BROKENDOLL
01-21-2008, 09:52 AM
This thread just gave me an erection.
If that's the case Stef, imagine how the lineup will affect you!

shinymoonrobot
01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
I have a cute knee length cotton skirt...so when I sit on the ground and don't want itchy legs, I can just tuck my legs up in my skirt.

Also, gum/mints or something to suck on are good....especially for when you are so thirsty but have no water, and are not willing to leave an amazing set to get more water, the mints help keep your mouth from getting too dry.

I'm also going to bring this light colored scarf/wrap thing this year. I figure during the day I can soak it in water and just wear it on my head if I feel that hot, or sit on it, or keep myself warm at night with it.

Bring extra contacts/eyedrops. And bodyspray never hurts. And chapstick.

All the other tips on this thread are great...I would have never thought of some of these!

samiksha
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
i wore flip flops during nine inch nails and my toes may or may not have ended up a little bloody... and i lost a shoe for a moment but miraculously it made it back on my foot. that was obviously a stupid decision on my part, but other than that flip flops worked great. i would put my toes at risk again - it was worth it.

bliss209
01-21-2008, 10:00 AM
i am lovin this thread!!!! All great ideas and suggestions gals!! :)

Stefinitely Maybe
01-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I have a cute knee length cotton skirt...something to suck on

Mmmmmmmmm....

lurkin
01-21-2008, 10:26 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VEG5BZCAL._AA280_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

This stuff is the best! If you ever get any kind of heat rash ( for me it's under the breasts ) this will prevent it, and provide relief if it's already too late.

I've recommended to many and gotten back nothing but positive responses. Not a salesperson by any means, just a very satisfied customer!

The consistency is great. It goes from gel to un-noticeable very quickly. Doesn't stain clothing, can get it scented or unscented.

Great first post, eh? (looks a little embarrased)

shinymoonrobot
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by shinymoonrobot View Post
I have a cute knee length cotton skirt...something to suck on

Mmmmmmmmm....

Hahaha, that's soooooo taken out of context! :rotfl

shootingstar630
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
the best tip is the tiolet seat covers and baby wipes, last year was my first and these post really helped.
i had a great time and wil have a better time this year.

manila
01-21-2008, 11:03 AM
WEAR A BATHING SUIT UNDERNEATH...I THINK YOU'D BE MORE COMFORTABLE TAKING OFF YOU CLOTHES AND GET A BETTER TAN WITH A BIKINI TOP. i'd wear shoes that slip on too. like keds...coz they are thin and comfortable. flip flops can get lost and if you plan on being in the pit..you'll get stepped on. bring a full bottle of wet wipes and pack a small towel for your sweat. i pretty much didn't have to use the porto potties last year coz i sweat everything out

amyzzz
01-21-2008, 11:03 AM
tans suck.

samiksha
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
the best tip is the tiolet seat covers and baby wipes, last year was my first and these post really helped.

but you can hover for free

WEAR A BATHING SUIT UNDERNEATH...I THINK YOU'D BE MORE COMFORTABLE TAKING OFF YOU CLOTHES AND GET A BETTER TAN WITH A BIKINI TOP.

dont tell people to take their clothes off please

manila
01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
dont tell people to take their clothes off please

well it is more comfortable in a bikini than have a tank top clinging to your back. i mean have a tank top packed in your bag...don't need to bring a sweater coz you're likely to buy a souvenir shirt anyway. and it's not that cold at night coz you'll be warm from walking around and rocking out.

BROKENDOLL
01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
WEAR A BATHING SUIT UNDERNEATH...I THINK YOU'D BE MORE COMFORTABLE TAKING OFF YOU CLOTHES AND GET A BETTER TAN WITH A BIKINI TOP. i'd wear shoes that slip on too. like keds...coz they are thin and comfortable. flip flops can get lost and if you plan on being in the pit..you'll get stepped on. bring a full bottle of wet wipes and pack a small towel for your sweat. i pretty much didn't have to use the porto potties last year coz i sweat everything out
As if adjusting to the new shade of blue wasn't hard enough...Abit of advice for a newcomer from someone who learned the hard way...The board members aren't fond of colorful posts...Trust me on this.

manila
01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
As if adjusting to the new shade of blue wasn't hard enough...Abit of advice for a newcomer from someone who learned the hard way...The board members aren't fond of colorful posts...Trust me on this.

it's for "diversity". i changed it to yellow. i realize red is difficult to read. white and blue is so common.

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, now that Jack Johnson is playing dont forget to bring your hacky sacs and pooka shell necklaces - :) hehehahhahehoo

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Good advice ladies!

pandaroo
01-21-2008, 11:21 AM

better now that youll be sittin sanitary style! hay

BROKENDOLL
01-21-2008, 11:21 AM
it's for "diversity". i changed it to yellow. i realize red is difficult to read. white and blue is so common.
I've learned diversity freaks alot of people out...Trust me.

manila
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I've learned diversity freaks alot of people out...Trust me.

as long as you're proud in your own shoes...you don't have to worry about other people's opinions.

BROKENDOLL
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Well, she sure told me now, didn't she?

sandra85
01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
My friend got somewhat burned last year and she got this aloe vera gel from a store nearby. If you're prone to burning, have some handy if possible. It cools INSTANTLY. If you don't want to carry it around, at least leave it somewhere: a locker, the tent, hotel, wherever. It's just really good to have.

missmodular818
01-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know how much the lockers are? Also do they sell those little asian umbrellas for shade inside the festival? If so, how much are they??

I haven't been since 2004 and am not sure if I'm going just yet. I'm waiting to see if the add better bands to the bill.

I can safely say that the only make-up that is completely sweat and waterproof and won't smudge is MAC's liquid last eyeliner. I'm planning on lining my eyes with that and a nice lipgloss and that's it besides the mask of sunscreen I will be sporting all day. Trust me, if I can swim in that eyeliner and have it stay on well into the next day then I can wear it at Coachella. Anyone have any make-up advice besides really not wearing much at all??

If I'm not a hat person...what do you recommend for me to do with my hair?

captncrzy
01-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know how much the lockers are?

Also do they sell those little asian umbrellas for shade inside the festival? If so, how much are they??

I haven't been since 2004 and am not sure if I'm going just yet. I'm waiting to see if the add better bands to the bill.

I can safely say that the only make-up that is completely sweat and waterproof and won't smudge is MAC's liquid last eyeliner. I'm planning on lining my eyes with that and a nice lipgloss and that's it besides the mask of sunscreen I will be sporting all day. Trust me, if I can swim in that eyeliner and have it stay on well into the next day then I can wear it at Coachella. Anyone have any make-up advice besides really not wearing much at all??

1) go to the locker page, it'll tell you

2) Umbrellas? I think so but I'm not sure

3) I don't wear makeup save for facial sunscreen and lip balm. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

4) I'm going to use the sarong I bought in Hawaii to make a headwrap.

waxybk
01-24-2008, 09:47 AM
3) I don't wear makeup save for facial sunscreen and lip balm. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

On the first day of the first year I went I wore makeup. I was breaking out...so I felt like crap. Anyway, It was horrible. I felt like I was melting.

Every other day I just splatted on some sunscreen and I was good to go. Make-up just feels gross when its that hot out.

chiapet
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
umbrellas of any size aren't allowed but I remember seeing at least a couple of people with really small ones... some security guards are more thorough than others, I guess.

If you burn easily, the best things you can bring are a hat with a brim, and a long-sleeved white or light cotton shirt. If you start to burn, the shirt will help a lot.

JenaeW
01-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Thank you so much for this post.

I was also wondering what typical temperatures are @ morning (like 10ish) mid-day and at night (whenever it is coldest)... AND at risk of sounding like a dork, do many people wear costumes, glitter, or the like - I'm used to Shambhala so a direct comparison would be particularly helpful... My impression is that Coachella is more conservative (maybe because of climate?)

I also have a tent that is 7 feet in all directions. do the campsites have size restrictions?

Lastly, how good is the vegan selection?

Stefinitely Maybe
01-30-2008, 07:06 AM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/coachellastef/bikinigirl.jpg

u2diehard
01-30-2008, 07:52 AM
#4 take Advil before yo go in.

Is that for menstrual stress? Or for drinking and not feeling the headache laer on? Or for stress caused by annoying people like myself? Just curious..

KookyFor1973
01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/coachellastef/bikinigirl.jpg

Dammit. Bitch stole my outfit.

Courtney
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Thank you so much for this post.

I was also wondering what typical temperatures are @ morning (like 10ish) mid-day and at night (whenever it is coldest)...

It usually gets up to the 90s during the day and cools off to the low 60s at night. You can check a site like Weather.com for the exact historic averages.

AND at risk of sounding like a dork, do many people wear costumes, glitter, or the like - I'm used to Shambhala so a direct comparison would be particularly helpful... My impression is that Coachella is more conservative (maybe because of climate?)

If you're going to go costumed, it still has to be something that will bearable in the heat. You can check Coachella.com for lots of photos from previous years -- you'll see that many women just wear shorts and tank tops or sundresses or something like that, but that there are some costumes too.

I also have a tent that is 7 feet in all directions. do the campsites have size restrictions?

The onsite camping page at Coachella.com has this info.

Courtney
01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Lastly, how good is the vegan selection?

See this thread. (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1010)

beckylyn
02-01-2008, 07:19 PM
don't even try to wear jeans - you'll be miserable. skirts are the way to go for me

baby wipes are a must

carry a messenger bag - it distributes weight more evenly across your body and you have enough room to pack essentials

bring in your own water - the website said you couldn't last year but they let you anyway

wear sunblock, don't forget the part in your hair. wear a hat during the hottest part of the day

the sun will kick your ass. i live in phx and it is really hot here. i was shocked at how crazy hot it was at coachella. don't try to be hardcore - dress in light, comfortable clothes.

there are very few benches. plan on sitting in the grass and dress accordingly.

camera is critical

hippiedancer238
02-02-2008, 08:28 AM
i wore a cute one piece bathing suit with some shorts, and that worked really well. Whenever I was super hot, I would go to the mist tents and be set for about an hour. (until the sun dried me)
I recommend bringing a small white/light colored towel. you can also get this wet and wear it on your head when the sun is right above you...you can also use it as a pillow for a nap or for shade when waiting for a performer to begin.

Maybe it is just me, but I never needed any sort of sweatshirt or cover when it was night time...I was warm enough.
BRING BABY WIPES in a plastic baggie. They are so nice to clean up or cool down.

chiapet
02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
someone gave good advice last year of wearing boyshorts or even boxers underneath skirts, so that you can sit in a shorter skirt without any need for modesty. I didn't bring a jacket but had a long sleeved cotton shirt which I ended up wearing 2 of 3 nights.

Emmie01
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks for this thread, it helps so much.

What about the showers? I've never been and the shower idea is so weird to me, since it's camping and all...but I imagine it's nice after being hot all day? Any tips on that subject?

Also, the shoe thing was on my mind, it's nice to hear about that. I'm thinking a fair compromise would be closed-toed shoes during the bigger name bands and flip flops ok for the smaller?

Astrid
02-07-2008, 09:35 AM
SUNGLASSES SUNGLASSES SUNGLASSES!!!! last year i broke mine during the first act of the day, luckily i had brought another essential BAND-AIDS!!! so i fashioned them back together...

i brought a tiny bag the first day last year but it drove me crazy, saturday and sunday it was fanny-pack city. you may look ridiculous, but it is much easier and more comfortable to dance with something strapped around your waist, then hanging off your body swinging all over the damn place.

this year hopefully i can consolidate to pockets only. but its hard to find clothes cool enough with pockets. bleh.

i find the most important thing to remember functionality/comfort>appearance, when you are in such extreme whether conditions. its the only way to really enjoy the experience, and focus on the music.

amyzzz
02-07-2008, 09:51 AM
FYI, you can also rent a locker for the weekend so you can leave your purse/bag there and dance hands-free without the ugly fannypack.

captncrzy
02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Locker is the only way to go.

Astrid
02-07-2008, 09:59 AM
i'm going to be subsiding on water, water and.........cigarettes. no funds for a locker :(

ama80000
02-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Hahaha, that's soooooo taken out of context! :rotfl

Hello, do you know if there is somewhere to blow dry your hair??

ama80000
02-17-2008, 05:58 PM

Do you know if there is somewhere to blow dry your hair?

chiapet
02-17-2008, 07:04 PM
It's going to be 100F out - you won't need to dry your hair.

rage patton
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Hello, do you know if there is somewhere to blow dry your hair??

I went with my girlfriend and couple other girls last year. My girlfriend didn't mind being grungy for the weekend. But the other girls... could barely deal. They were very upset they could not use a hair dryer/straightener/curler. Also, some of thier make up melted. They were pissed.

If you are going to Coachella and camping... be prepared to live grungy and w/o luxuries for a couple days.

BROKENDOLL
02-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Hellooo, it's a music festival, not a friggin' fashion show!

BROKENDOLL
02-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Sorry, that wasn't very helpful, was it? How about not getting your hair wet in the first place?

IfeelINFINITE
02-19-2008, 06:59 PM
my essentials:
maybeline waterproof eyeliner- this shit turns basically into plastic, and doesnt come off unless you pull it off- as an eyeliner adict- saved me as the rest of my makeup melted off my face.

bandana- i used it to constantly wipe sweat off my face- it helped so much, best piece of advice i can give you.

spandex shorts for under my dresses, i own just a spandex pair of volleyball shorts that worked perfectly. heat+stickyness means chafing, these shorts help, you could wear pants but wearing pants = hot, so my plan was spandex shorts, which helps uncase you roll up your dress (which i did and wore as a shirt for mid day) helps with pervs in the crowds (which there were a few)and lounging on the grass- you can sit cross legged without feeling uncomfortable

dove deoderant- works the best, reapply midday

going barefoot- i dont care what you say- its the way to go

neutrogena spray sunscreen

get a little bit of sun before going to coachella, if you go winter white, you'll get burned a lot easier, and standing in 105 degree weather with a burn is a KILLER

wear the lightest clothing you have, last year i wore a cotton dress with volleyball shorts which i changed my dress into a shirt midday and i also wore cotton shorts and a flowing cotton tunic, these saved me.
I dont remember bringing anything for night- i wasn't cold whatsoever i'd say bring a really light sweater- anything besides that is pretty unneccessary...

Bud Luster
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
how can barefoot be the way to go. One step in puke, spit, spilled something, mystery substance or nice good stomp on the toes/foot and you will change your mind. Yes, these things will be prevelant during the daytime and away from the crowds. You do also realise that horse shit smell out there is uhhh, HORSESHIT! Do what you want. Sorry to invade ladies, I guess im desperate tonight.

boarderwoozel3
02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm not a girl but I wear clothes, shoes and sunglasses that are appropriately hip, but I don't mind getting messed up or lost. You never know, ya know?

amyzzz
02-20-2008, 10:20 AM
As long as you remember to reapply sunscreen 4 or 5 times during daylight, you don't need to worry about getting burned (SPF 15 or higher). I'm pretty pale, not super-pale, but still, it worked for me the past couple years.

captncrzy
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah I didn't burn at all last year.

I'm buying that spray sunscreen this year because it's easier to put on and it's cooling on your skin. The downside is needing to reapply it often; it doesn't seem to last as long as the lotion stuff. I used it in Hawaii and got burned because I didn't reapply it enough.

sbessiso
02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
girl attendance optional

amyzzz
02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
The cooling spray stuff is awesome. Kudos to Courtney for originally recommending that stuff last year. I think it's Neutrogena.

Beef Jerky
02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
So I kind of forgot what we CAN'T bring into the festival

thelastgreatman
02-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Five morning after pills.

One for each night if you're camping, and an extra just in case you're lucky enough to catch a load of me--you had better take two. I may be hilarious, but my sperm DOES NOT FUCK AROUND.

amyzzz
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM
How do you know?

thelastgreatman
02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
It wrestled me to the ground once.

Didn't pin me, but still.

amyzzz
02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Ah. I was hoping for a better story.

amyzzz
02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
I bet my husband's sperm could beat yours in a fistfight. Or something.

thelastgreatman
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Don't tell me his jizz beats you too?

bartelby
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10192007/photos/news003.jpg

pseudophunk
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
My first Coachella was 2004 and this is what i learned:
1) Ladies, if you can do it don't wear a bra but those of us that need it an American Apparel cotton jersey bra does the trick.
2) If your washing your hands constantly make sure to reapply suncreen to your hands. That first year i came home with the reverse farmer dark hand tan - LOL!!
3) If you can bear carrying a backpack (or have an awesome boyfriend like mine) keep a pair of sneaks - Vans slip ons/Converse - in the pack and invest in TEVA flip flops....they have served me very well!!
4) If you forget a paper fan, the lineup can double as a fan - useful and informative!
5) That's all i got, everything else mentioned is awesome advice!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!! :winkiss

boarderwoozel3
02-25-2008, 10:17 PM
girl attendance optional

Just dilutes the man-pool eh?

Side note- How much are lockers and how do you get one?

Marnie
02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks fo all the tips ladies! I am a newbee to coachella this year.Super excited!

karecares
02-27-2008, 04:31 PM
What you can't bring in: Glass containers, lots of ppl had jelly they couldn't bring in bc of it :(

Beef Jerky
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't remember if we're allowed to bring in one of those plastic spray thingy with a fan.

Beef Jerky
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00LYDtIkzBRacHM/Spray-Bottle-Mini-Fan-MI159-.jpg

captncrzy
02-27-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't remember if we're allowed to bring in one of those plastic spray thingy with a fan.

I brought one in; no one said a word.

I also brought in a bunch of vodka stuffed into a pillow belly.

hangthedj112
02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Hellooo, it's a music festival, not a friggin' fashion show!

i guess, but coachella does happen to be attended by a lot of stylistically inclined and fashion people.

Courtney
02-27-2008, 09:51 PM
1) Ladies, if you can do it don't wear a bra but those of us that need it an American Apparel cotton jersey bra does the trick.

Why wouldn't you want to wear a bra?

donthasselthehof
02-27-2008, 10:11 PM
panties to throw at JJ

isnt that the cool thing nowadays?

Beef Jerky
02-28-2008, 05:06 AM
i guess, but coachella does happen to be attended by a lot of stylistically inclined and fashion people.

aka hippies and hipsters

...?

Beef Jerky
02-28-2008, 05:08 AM
I brought one in; no one said a word.

I also brought in a bunch of vodka stuffed into a pillow belly.

lol no way.
I was thinking about pouring some vodka into the plastic bottle. I snuck in a flask with 151 last year but I couldn't get myself to drink warm rum in such a hot weather.

captncrzy
02-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Mix it with cold gatorade.

Beef Jerky
02-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Mix it with cold gatorade.

I tried mixing 151 with frozen lemonade but it was too disgusting.

traviscanada
02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Just dilutes the man-pool eh?

Side note- How much are lockers and how do you get one?

www.lockersonline.com

Wheres the beef?
02-28-2008, 09:57 PM
www.lockersonline.com

I'm convinced you work for this company. It seems like your sole purpose is to plug the festival locker at every available opportunity.

KookyFor1973
03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Makeup tip:
M.A.C. liquidlast liquid eyeliner - that shit DOES NOT budge even with soap and water (you need an oil-based makeup remover or baby oil to remove it)
and it comes in a bunch of fun colors.
http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?ngextredir=1&CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15101&PRODUCT_ID=PROD9961

kitt kat
03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
ughhhh mac is the worst possible makeup for your skin and such.

i'm definately going minimal on the makeup. it's just too much to handle.

no big purses either. ughhhhhhh.

i like this leggings idea, though. smartness.'

also, maybe bring smelly spray stuff so you don't stink after not showering. hah.

chiapet
03-02-2008, 03:43 PM
You girls actually wear makeup at Coachella? I can't even imagine, makeup + 100F heat + sunblock + sweat from dancing just seems like it's asking for skin problems. Can't you go a few days without?

traviscanada
03-02-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm convinced you work for this company. It seems like your sole purpose is to plug the festival locker at every available opportunity.

Hah no, I did not even get one last year, but I'm pretty stoked to have a locker to store shit in this year. And I believe there are still some available. lol i guess I have plugged it a few times.

captncrzy
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't wear makeup; there's no point; it's melted off within two hours-between the heat and the sweat and the misters you'll be sticking your face in, there's really only the need for one thing-sunblock. Get the stuff that's made for your face to avoid clogging your pores.

Last year, I saw this really pretty asian girl in the bathroom trailer. She had on some kind of off the shoulder one sleeve mini dress, 5 inch heels, and enough makeup to kill an animal. She looked great...but it was really early in the day. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, because she must have been really uncomfortable and all melted-candle looking by the end of the day.

Dummy.

chiapet
03-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Yea, I feel the same way. Sunblock and spf lip balm are the only things I can handle in the heat.

JClemy
03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't wear makeup; there's no point; it's melted off within two hours-between the heat and the sweat and the misters you'll be sticking your face in, there's really only the need for one thing-sunblock. Get the stuff that's made for your face to avoid clogging your pores.

Last year, I saw this really pretty asian girl in the bathroom trailer. She had on some kind of off the shoulder one sleeve mini dress, 5 inch heels, and enough makeup to kill an animal. She looked great...but it was really early in the day. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, because she must have been really uncomfortable and all melted-candle looking by the end of the day.

Dummy.

I just pictured how she must have looked by the end of the day and then thought about how Amy Winehouse would have looked in the heat. Probably something like this:

http://thesuperficial.com//bfm_gallery/2007/12/Amy%20Winehouse%20prison%20visit/gallery_enlarged/gallery_enlarged-1221_amy_winehouse_makeup_00.jpg

eskomo one
03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
bring a spandex jump suit. you dont have to worry about anything. your straight.

eskomo one
03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
ohh yeahh. dont shave your arm pits. it keeps the creeps away. and if you really want to look good in 100+ weather just walk around with your tits out. im sure you get all the attention you desire.

diamondsandcoals
03-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm looking at getting a locker, but I was wondering how hard to get to they are? If they are on the annoying outskirts of everything I'll just tough it out with a bag, I don't want to miss out on music cause I wanna go change shoes, ya know? So how were they last year?

JClemy
03-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I didn't even see the lockers last year.

heatherxxll
03-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm looking at getting a locker, but I was wondering how hard to get to they are? If they are on the annoying outskirts of everything I'll just tough it out with a bag, I don't want to miss out on music cause I wanna go change shoes, ya know? So how were they last year?

Last year the lockers were somewhere around the Mojave or Gobi tents I think? You'd never know they were there if you weren't looking for them. It was a great meeting point when you inevitably got separated from your friends. I brought a fanny pack and a larger messenger bag then stashed my bag in the locker. It really was perfect.

cfritz75
03-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm seriously considering the fanny pack thing this year, we'll see if I can bring myself to do it. The locker thing just seems like a pain.

My advice...
*you do NOT need a sweater. It only cools down to the 70's.
*don't let anyone tell what shoes to wear. It's really different for everyone. My feet cannot handle 8-10 hours in converse (crazy I know). Flip flops it is.
*baby wipes, travel tissue, & 30 SPF sunscreen for your face are an absolute must.
* I'll be bringing a travel deoderant this time (missed that in 06)

I keep it simple on clothing. Wifebeater, cotton shorts and a bikini underneath. I do actually wear a little makeup, just eyeliner & mascara (waterproof of course)

oh one more piece of advice for those not wanting to leave the stage to get water. Buy more than one at a time and carry them w/ you. Don't risk dehydration.

captncrzy
03-30-2008, 02:43 PM
There's an assload of locker threads that'll give you the info.

kitten_calamity
03-30-2008, 06:08 PM
The outhouses can be hit and miss. If you're bad at "hovering", I'd try some of these: http://p-standingup.com/

mountmccabe
03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
My advice...
*you do NOT need a sweater. It only cools down to the 70's.

The average low for Indio for April 25-27 (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/USCA0512?climoMonth=4) is 61 F. It may only cool down to the 70s if it's 105 F during the day but that doesn't always happen.

I know that in 2003 I was wishing I had something by the end of the day and I don't normally have issues with cool temperatures. Sweat plus temps in the 60s plus wind = brrr.

JClemy
03-30-2008, 06:18 PM
It was still hot at night for us Canadians but then we're used to our Igloos. When the dogs don't lay against us it's terrible.

Traviscanada will give you as much info as you need about lockers. He is the unofficial locker supporter this year.

karecares
03-30-2008, 06:37 PM
beauty of the locker is to have a choice if you want to bring a sweater or not. if your camping it is recommended.

frozen pilgrim
03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
I've probably plugged the lockers even more than travis- I did have one last year, and it was a lifesaver.
doubles as a safe during the day for the stuff you don't wanna chance in the campground.

JClemy
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm actually going to try to get Travis to let me share his a little lol.

carpecarpem
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
what about jewelry? obviously big annoying stuff will get in the way, but what do people find is generally manageable?

captncrzy
03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
If you don't want to lose it, don't wear it.

ani boy
03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Brush Ups!

they make your teeth feel good :D

amyzzz
03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Brush Ups!

they make your teeth feel good :D
I'd never heard of these. They sound totally cool.
http://z.about.com/d/dentistry/1/8/Q/HPIM6994.JPG

algunz
03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
The average low for Indio for April 25-27 (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/USCA0512?climoMonth=4) is 61 F. It may only cool down to the 70s if it's 105 F during the day but that doesn't always happen.

I know that in 2003 I was wishing I had something by the end of the day and I don't normally have issues with cool temperatures. Sweat plus temps in the 60s plus wind = brrr.

Agreed. I would definitely bring something. The difference between 105 and 60 is a lot. You may not normally feel cold in 60 degree weather, but a full day in the hot son can sometimes make anybody chilly. Better to be safe than miserable.

Basskitten85
04-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Need : for festival

Backpack shoes
Sun glasses
HAt
SPF 40
Fan
Towel

SFChrissy
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
The outhouses can be hit and miss. If you're bad at "hovering", I'd try some of these: http://p-standingup.com/

I had to check these out and bought 5 packs...if they suck oh well they weren't expensive but I hate balancing myself in those yuk pots...

Thanks for the link and the chance to piss like a dude!!!

greghead
04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Agreed. I would definitely bring something. The difference between 105 and 60 is a lot. You may not normally feel cold in 60 degree weather, but a full day in the hot son can sometimes make anybody chilly. Better to be safe than miserable.

And the nights get really fucking windy, which makes 60 feel much colder. A light sweater is definitely not a bad idea.

Unicornsrcool
04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
would bringing a pair of jeans in my bag be a waste of space?

captncrzy
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM

Yes. Unless you plan to go out Thursday night for dinner/drinks and want to jazz yourself up a little.

tiffdud41
04-01-2008, 02:20 PM
That p-mate thing is neato. Why hasn't anybody thought of these before now? I wonder how well they work....I mean, if you got a mean stream going...then what? eww!

captncrzy
04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
I had to check these out and bought 5 packs...if they suck oh well they weren't expensive but I hate balancing myself in those yuk pots...

I think I'm going to buy a pack myself. They're pretty cheap.

The web videos are hilarious.

anti-square
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I have always used the P mate:) it is very wonderfull actualy i use all the time! its great when yuor in a hurry or in a car ride! all you have to do is stand up and let it all out!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what i do all the time. I always HIGHLY recomand the P-Mate to other women. Somtimes the men look at us in a differnt way , now that they know what we women ahave accomplished. My husband recently divorced my due to the P-Mate and what i was able to accomplised. After 25 years of marriage I thank yyou so very much... Now i have the confidence to come out of the closet i am so happy that i get to spend EVERYDAY with my best friend Dorthy-Ann-Ruter-Mcdonald;)

Sincerly
Jenna Keglar

This p-mate is serious business.

SFChrissy
04-01-2008, 02:45 PM

The web videos are hilarious.

This p-mate is serious business.

This is rude and I most likely won't do it but what about when your in the perfect spot of the stage and band you want to be at and see you've been there over a 1/2 hour and now your ready to pee...do you clench cause they are gonna start and I don't want to miss the show or loose my spot or do you whip out the p mate...

amyzzz
04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't think jeans are a waste of space. Most times, I actually wear jeans there, and it's nice to wear jeans at night when it's cooler. I'm a wimp about the cold though.

greghead
04-01-2008, 07:34 PM
This is rude and I most likely won't do it but what about when your in the perfect spot of the stage and band you want to be at and see you've been there over a 1/2 hour and now your ready to pee...do you clench cause they are gonna start and I don't want to miss the show or loose my spot or do you whip out the p mate...

Then what, you drop your piss-filled p-mate on the grass? That is disgusting. I don't piss on the grass, you shouldn't either.

algunz
04-01-2008, 08:23 PM

It's not a ridiculous idea, but you could probably bring a pair of leggings or a pair of pants that take up less space.

boarderwoozel3
04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
If you don't want to lose it, don't wear it.

Best advice so far.

That said:
Sunblock (at least spf 30 for white people)
Sunglasses
Comfy shoes
*contact wearers* rewetting drops are a must! Your contacts will get crazy dry/irritated with the heat, sun and dust!
As for clothing, pretty much anything goes. By midnight it won't be cooler than the high 60s.

JClemy
04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
*contact wearers* rewetting drops are a must! Your contacts will get crazy dry/irritated with the heat, sun and dust!

This is sooo true. I would definitely recommend getting single day contacts. They were amazing last year. If you're camping you'll be dirty and kinda gross by the end of the day. It's hard to get clean enough that you should be reaching into your eyeballs.

BROKENDOLL
04-01-2008, 10:33 PM

The web videos are hilarious. Dammit! I wish I had bought a pack before watching the demo video...I laughed so hard I pee alittle...

Unicornsrcool
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm a wimp about the cold though.
so am i! i hate the cold.

captncrzy
04-02-2008, 07:14 AM

I'm guessing plenty of boys whip it out and pee where they are. I'd say whip out the pmate and piss into a gatorade bottle or something.

BTW-I bought two packs because I figured I would need to practice with a couple first.

BROKENDOLL
04-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Practice makes P-fect! Then, once you p-fect it, try seeing how high and far you can pee with it!

amyzzz
04-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I just bought some lavender/chamomile-scented baby wipes and neutrogena cooling mist sunscreen today. I'm getting there.

I'd like to buy a linen tank dress--if anyone sees one, let me know what/who/where.

captncrzy
04-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I went down to our company store yesterday and bought myself one of these. Inside of the container are a few little packets of sunscreen, some aloe vera packets, and a lip sunscreen. I plan on keeping some sunscreen, my locker key and my money in it and just wearing it around my neck so I don't have to carry anything around.

http://www.4imprint.com/imageserver/productimages/4imprint/super_detailed/3906-cl.jpg

amyzzz
04-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Nifty. I should look for a necklace thingy. Great idea.

captncrzy
04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Just come down to my office-the company store is open to the public.

amyzzz
04-02-2008, 12:09 PM
At the airport... or in Tempe..?

captncrzy
04-02-2008, 02:04 PM
In Tempe.

SFChrissy
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I just bought some lavender/chamomile-scented baby wipes and neutrogena cooling mist sunscreen today. I'm getting there.

I'd like to buy a linen tank dress--if anyone sees one, let me know what/who/where.Lavender chamomile...are those eco hippy kind of wipes???

I'm guessing plenty of boys whip it out and pee where they are. I'd say whip out the pmate and piss into a gatorade bottle or something.

BTW-I bought two packs because I figured I would need to practice with a couple first.I got my notice that my status has been changed to shipped...I ordered 5 and

Nifty. I should look for a necklace thingy. Great idea.do you have a dive shop in your area? You can find them there too.

How are you girls carrying your camera???

amyzzz
04-02-2008, 03:16 PM
The baby wipes were some name brand--I bought them at Walgreen's. I can't remember what brand, although they did carry at least 4 different scents in a smallish travel pack size.

captncrzy
04-03-2008, 07:32 AM
I haven't figured out the camera thing yet. I don't usually carry it around all the time anyway.

Lindi Loo
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
As far as SPF goes, I just bought this from Sephora and so far love it! I think it'll work good at Coachella.
https://ordway.com/ordway12-15/ptr/Prod_Images/sunblocks/720_large.jpg

SFChrissy
04-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I love walgreens and I'm worried 'bout carrying my camera!!!

samiksha
04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
i worked at a tanning salon for a while. i hated it. but! for those of you who like to be tan n junk, we carried this:

http://www.californiatan.com/catalog/product_images/spf_30.jpg

it's by California Tan. most sunscreens protect against UVA and UVB rays, but this only protects from UVB, the rays that burn you. so you can protect yourself from sunburn, but still get tan. they have it in SPF 2 up to 45.

and there's this stuff:

http://www.californiatan.com/catalog/product_images/total_insurance.jpg

it supposed to "extend the life of your tan". i think that's bullshit, but it DOES have aloe so it feels really really good if you do get sunburned, and it works better than anything else i've tried at getting rid of your sunburn and keeping you from peeling.

also, you guys should use sunscreen on your lips...

and! i just made myself a UV bracelet. it's really cool. the beads change color when they're exposed to UV light.

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/img/cache/02268c260f8fff6f7502dd93a20e39be/WUVB-250.jpg
http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/img/cache/02268c260f8fff6f7502dd93a20e39be/WUVB-250_2-260x250.jpg

so when you put sunscreen on you can rub it on the beads too and when they start to turn colors, you know it's time to reapply!

captncrzy
04-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Where can you buy that fancy sunscreen?

smokingpurse
04-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I love walgreens and I'm worried 'bout carrying my camera!!!

Disposable is the only way to go. Bring several!

samiksha
04-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Where can you buy that fancy sunscreen?

use this (http://www.californiatan.com/products/findsln/locations.php) to find locations that sell it

stinkbutt
04-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I find this helpful at coachella

http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-poo-head-099.jpg

greghead
04-05-2008, 04:52 PM
shithead

captncrzy
04-06-2008, 06:53 AM
K girls...I bought some new coachella shoes and I wore them yesterday...I was at a 7am-6pm event with most of those hours being on my feet. At the end of the day my feet weren't achey or sore AT ALL. They have memory foam for support. In any case, I got them at Sports Authority.

http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-3319351reg.jpg

BROKENDOLL
04-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Um, memory foam!!! They must feel like lil' mattresses for your feet! And, they are cute!

SFChrissy
04-07-2008, 08:49 AM
I rode my bike through golden gate park this weekend & before I left the house I checked my mail to see if these arrived...

http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/19/images/pmate.jpg

It works great!!! This is gonna be a new necessity for me...

captncrzy
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I should have mine any day. I'm excited to practice in the shower with them.

captncrzy
04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
I finally practiced using my P-mate tonight. Works pretty well...I was afraid it was going to overflow or something because I had to go real bad, but it didn't. I'm recommending them.

kitt kat
04-17-2008, 08:43 PM
WTF?!

gemnifer
04-17-2008, 08:43 PM
K girls...I bought some new coachella shoes and I wore them yesterday...I was at a 7am-6pm event with most of those hours being on my feet. At the end of the day my feet weren't achey or sore AT ALL. They have memory foam for support. In any case, I got them at Sports Authority.

u should do infomertials for them

unknown
04-17-2008, 09:41 PM

those flip flops are AMAZING. I had them in brown, got them for only $9.99 but my dog chewed one up :( that BITCH!

My boyfriend told me "you should buy 2 pairs" when I got them (he's such a bargain shopper). This is one time I should've listened to him - but I won't let him know that.

unknown
04-17-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/19/images/pmate.jpg

It works great!!! This is gonna be a new necessity for me...

hahaha that is FUCKING BAD ASS!!! LOL

I need one. That would eliminate so much nastiness in the port-os. No more hovering over the fucking toilet!!!

Oh I just read more about it and I guess I would need more than 1.... he he

Coachellian
04-18-2008, 08:03 AM
wet wipes are great, you can refresh your face and other parts too!

SFChrissy
04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I finally practiced using my P-mate tonight. Works pretty well...I was afraid it was going to overflow or something because I had to go real bad, but it didn't. I'm recommending them.

Yayyy...I"m gonna think of you if I see one near the potty area!!!

BROKENDOLL
04-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd say the majority of attendees first arrive at the fest thinking, " I have to pee, or I better pee first...but damn, I hate those porta-potties though!" But you, captcrzy, will surely be anticipating that call of nature with glee! I'm so hap-pee for you!

SFChrissy
04-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I usually always have to pee after walkng from parking to the entrance gate...I'm sooo whipping one of these out!!!

captncrzy
04-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm mostly excited that it worked; was well worth the very little money I paid for them. I'm going to have to try to get comfortable doing it without pulling my pants all the way down though. I was afraid I was gonna get peepee on my clothes when I tried it last night.

eNVyartist
04-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I finally got everything packed, I've decided I think it best for me to do shorts and a tank during the day. So I decided against doing the swimsuit thing. Ahhh you lucky skinny bitches! I'm still on the fence about shoes. I picked up the oh-so-anti-nasty seat covers and disinfecting stuff. And cheers to all on the sunblock recommendations, I fry pretty fast in the sun!

miscorrections
04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
I found cooling spray-on sunscreen and I kind of can't wait to try it out.

SFChrissy
04-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm mostly excited that it worked; was well worth the very little money I paid for them. I'm going to have to try to get comfortable doing it without pulling my pants all the way down though. I was afraid I was gonna get peepee on my clothes when I tried it last night.
I love that you are brave enough to try these...Having to pull the pants down totally defeats the purpose and have been able to do it with just puling the the front of the panties down just a bit but the its kinda cool cuz the fuz patch is covered by the p mate so nobody can see my goodies. We were walking down the beach one night last weekend and my friend had to pee and didn't want to squat cuz there were so many people on the beach...I whipped one out and it freaked her out and she squated anyways...which is kinda of a risky mess too.

I found cooling spray-on sunscreen and I kind of can't wait to try it out.What's this stufff???

miscorrections
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
It's by Neutrogena, and I found it when I was grocery shopping at Vons.

amyzzz
04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
The cooling sunscreen is so awesome, but remember to reapply it 3 or 4 times if you're pale. And it feels good, so there ya go.

miscorrections
04-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I have: spf 70 to put on before the fest, the spray stuff that I'll keep in my locker, and ideally I'd like to get some travel-sized sunscreen to keep in my fannypack in a pinch. I'd rather not be a peely monster when I come home on Monday.

SFChrissy
04-18-2008, 12:05 PM
It's by Neutrogena, and I found it when I was grocery shopping at Vons.

The cooling sunscreen is so awesome, but remember to reapply it 3 or 4 times if you're pale. And it feels good, so there ya go.

Ohhh that sounds like a score...I'm gonna have to look into that on my target trip tomorrow!!!

breadnbutterfly
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
i always wear the least amount of clothing as possible!! a dress or skirt and tank top, flip-flops/sandals, that's it. and i don't bring a one damn thing with me!! no cell phone, no back pack, no make-up, nothing! except for my drugs... haha... which i just hide somewhere with my cash, and that's it.

and if i were to ever get seperated from my friends, oh well!! being lost at coachella is NOT the end of the world. plus you get to see whatever YOU want to see, and do whatever YOU want to do. i highly suggest it, actually. before hand, make plans with your friends to meet at certain places during several different times in the day, just in case you would like to get together should you get seperated.

basically, i just bring my body, and my drugs. and i love recycling those water bottles, it's a really good way to get attention :)

amyzzz
04-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I need a place to put my beach balls, my sun screen, and my light jacket (for the evening), so I have to bring a purse or backpack.

breadnbutterfly
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
what do you do with beach balls?
i guess sunscreen is a good idea. i put it on before i go in, and somehow come out with no burn. i'm sure i have skin cancer, though. oh well.

chairmenmeow47
04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I need a place to put my beach balls, my sun screen, and my light jacket (for the evening), so I have to bring a purse or backpack.

i bring a bag too. i need all my supplies! plus, it's nice to have a bag to throw a few water bottles in so you can keep dancing :thu

and i tried to find bathing suits that provide support, but apparently that's impossible to find in anything other than black or leopard slut pattern. so i'll probably be wearing the same bikini top i've worn for the past two coachellas i've been to, HOLLA!

amyzzz
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
what do you do with beach balls?

See the Polls forum. I just blow them up and throw them around for fun in the tents. They seem to stay around longer in the tents than in front of the outside stages.

unknown
04-18-2008, 11:22 PM
and here I loved recycling those water bottles because it saved me money.

prosthetic_head
04-19-2008, 06:50 PM
hey ladies

i found the perfect bag that is small/convienent AND stylish.

http://www.lesportsac.com/store/media/7627_3817.jpg

its lesportsac and i got it at macys. and its way cuter than a fanny pack. srsly.

Alissandra323
04-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Where can I get this? Can I bring this in? This is actually my first time, and I'm going with my 2 best guy friends. Also, where can I get sarong? Does Pac Sun have it?

Thanks!

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00LYDtIkzBRacHM/Spray-Bottle-Mini-Fan-MI159-.jpg

amyzzz
04-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Security does not always let you in with your fan spray bottle, fyi.

twoheadedboy
04-20-2008, 05:38 PM

hahahaaaa
oh my god
the demo video
ahaaahaha.. the bathrooms at coachella really are not that bad..

luveebunni08
04-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Security does not always let you in with your fan spray bottle, fyi.

which is whack. i bought one of those inside the venue and it broke 10 minutes later. if only security would be consistent.

carolinesgood
04-20-2008, 10:18 PM
i always try to freeze a few gallons of water one per day and always pray they let me in with one -- they only let go on the last day... if at all.

Astrid
04-20-2008, 10:36 PM
bring band-aids.

last year i sat on my sunglasses in the very beginning of the day, but luckily i bandaged them back together.

also someone always needs one...

beltanegoddess
04-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks for this info about the tan accelerator (I like to be "tan and junk". lol). I found my tanning salon on the California Tan website, so I'm hoping that they really do carry this product. I'll swing by tomorrow and see. :-)

DJ Sin
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Does anyone know how much the lockers are? Also do they sell those little asian umbrellas for shade inside the festival? If so, how much are they??

Urban Decay primer portion is good for eyeshadow. I acturally put on make -up this year and had it stay on until I took it off at night. keens, I loves them! They are the best shoes for the festival. I prefer shorts over skirts. What you wear just make sure your comfortable in what you have on.

75 Miles
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Keen shoes are where it's at. Light as a feather AND they protect your piggies. If only they weren't so manly looking!

captncrzy
04-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I need to point out that my p-mates effing ruled-I used them all damn weekend. I'll never go without some ever again.

SFChrissy
04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I need to point out that my p-mates effing ruled-I used them all damn weekend. I'll never go without some ever again.

I was wondering if I was gonna come accross any of those this weekend...I did not end up using mine cuz after folding them in half they didn't fit in my pocket or my camera case and I was hell bound on going lightweight this year which was effing Fabulous!!!

captncrzy
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
I was wondering if I was gonna come accross any of those this weekend...I did not end up using mine cuz after folding them in half they didn't fit in my pocket or my camera case and I was hell bound on going lightweight this year which was effing Fabulous!!!

I wore a little backpack thing and they fit in. I was soooo happy I had them; especially in the dark.

allyjoy
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
camera case worked perfectly as a fanny pack type thing. Dresses w/boxer briefs were amazingly comfortable. As far as make-up... there's really no need @ coach for it. I brought lipgloss because my lips would be dry without it, but everything for me was about function.

mom2jazz
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM

I'm bringing my go-girl...same concept http://www.go-girl.com/

CoachellaPrincess
04-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if there are electric outlets in the VIP showers that cost ten dollars?