PDA

View Full Version : Survivor

vinylmartyr
01-28-2007, 03:34 PM
The Fiji preview show is on tonight. Its on the TV Guide Channel.

pewter14
01-28-2007, 03:53 PM
http://hitparade.ch/cdimages/survivor-eye_of_the_tiger_s_1.jpg

tiffdud41
01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm watching it right now.

menikmati
01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
love survivor

psychic friend
01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
watching now

full on idle
01-28-2007, 09:13 PM
what happened

devachan
01-28-2007, 11:24 PM
This season looks good. I get to watch the episodes when they happen instead of watching them six months after the winner is chosen.

YAY.

:dumbo

Also, cheers for new Lost episodes coming soon.

psychic friend
02-04-2007, 04:48 PM
SO is survivor starting after the super bowl or what? I am not watching the game can someone post here and tell me, k, thanks, bye.

devachan
02-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure either but I'm watching the superbowl so I'll post here when I find out.

vinylmartyr
02-04-2007, 05:34 PM
No it starts next Thursday.

devachan
02-04-2007, 05:36 PM
noooo

psychic friend
02-04-2007, 06:00 PM
noooooooooooo

Mabdul Doobakus
02-04-2007, 06:42 PM
not next Thursday. THIS Thursday.
Feb. 8th. Be there.

psychic friend
02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
wow that was rad.........

just sayin

HorrorLibraryNet
02-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm in. Some seasons get me more interested than others, but...this looks to be pretty cool. Some interesting players...

full on idle
02-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Dammit. Unable to secure a television tonight. Summaries appreciated.

psychic friend
02-09-2007, 07:21 AM
you can watch the whole thing here:

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?cat=128352&vid=&format=&auto=1

bottom of page "full episode". i get an error message but i click ok and it plays. no commercials. tip: "full screen" rules.

menikmati
02-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I liked the fight between Rocky and "Dreamz"

downingthief
02-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I liked the fight between Rocky and "Dreamz"

Yeah, I predict that one of those two, if not both, will be off the show fairly quickly. Dreamz before Rocky, most likely.

bug on your lip
02-09-2007, 07:50 AM
r there finally hot chicks on this one ?
i only watch if they have hot chicks

downingthief
02-09-2007, 08:00 AM
r there finally hot chicks on this one ?
i only watch if they have hot chicks

I saw two, Bug. And, I wouldn't say the are "hot", but not too bad. One of them, Jessica, got voted off last night.

Mabdul Doobakus
02-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Also, Melissa McNulty, the one who quit the show already has a photo shoot up on FHM. But I think Jessica was hotter. I'm gonna miss her.

Dreamz has seen too many Chris Tucker movies. Man, he's annoying.

full on idle
02-22-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm ready.

psychic friend
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
ba bye sylvia, nice knowing ya.

full on idle
02-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Something big needs to happen. Only-other-exile dude needs to find that immunity idol or they need to have the tribes flip camps or SOMETHING. I can't believe they even tried to make us feel sympathy for camp-luxury with that whole dumb Papa Bear rib incident.

I wonder if they're setting us up for another band-of-underdogs takes it all the way season.

menikmati
02-23-2007, 07:03 AM
I felt kinda bad for Papa Smurf actually, and I didn't like that taunting at the eating game at all, though I also felt bad for Yao man when Lizi was laughing at him during the slip n slide challenge.

psychic friend
02-23-2007, 07:19 AM
i thought it was kind of cool that camp ghetto made fire all by themselves.

psychic friend
03-01-2007, 07:20 PM
SURVIVOR

atom heart
03-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow, I have a laptop so now I can sit on the couch, watch Survivor, and post at the same time!

okay, the novelty wore off.

psychic friend
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
oh snap liliana

tiffdud41
03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
glad to see lili go! but I want Lisi out of there, there's just something about her that URKs me.

Dreamz is in lala land telling the entire group that either lisi or that other chick (whats her name?) should go! wtf was he thinking?? He needs to be reminded he's not at cheerleader camp anymore.

I wonder what was the matter with papa smurf? think it might have had something to do with all those damn bug bites? I hope they tell us what's up later.

psychic friend
03-08-2007, 08:18 PM
oh snap girly. nobody cares if you think you are LM instead of HM.

i love survivor.

tiffdud41
03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
this is getting depressing. damn anthony blew it

menikmati
03-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Tribes are getting mixed up next episode to avoid another "ulong"

bartelby
03-09-2007, 07:13 AM
i'm finding it hard to like anyone this year...they all seem fairly odd

my current fav = yao man!

menikmati
03-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Yeah yao man is cool

psychic friend
03-09-2007, 07:17 AM
yao the man now dog!

adamnikyo
03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
This is retarded. Who's idea was this? What do they expect to happen when they pit a group of malnourished and exhausted people against a well-slept and well-fed group? Most retarded idea, ever.

psychic friend
03-09-2007, 09:19 AM
they are gonna change it up next episode, which by the way will be on a wednesday

adamnikyo
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Good. It's about time, it's been retarded up to this point.
Wednesday? I just watch it whenever it's finished d/l'ing.

bartelby
03-09-2007, 09:25 AM
better not interfere with lost

psychic friend
04-19-2007, 07:55 PM
burn oh burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

bartelby
04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
yao-man fucking rules...

mookie's going down

Omar1
04-19-2007, 08:39 PM
That dreamz guy is really stupid

menikmati
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
yay for yao man.....god I hate mookie

Mabdul Doobakus
05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
This show's been so awesome lately. I can't wait for the finale.

psychic friend
05-13-2007, 09:09 PM
well im seriously retarded because i missed the final episode because i was watching antm and didnt realize tonight was the night. and im stunned to find out earl won 9 votes to none and i will have to rewatch the last episode but am watching the finale now anyways.

Mabdul Doobakus
05-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Finale was great up until the jury when it was beyond obvious that Earl was going to win. I didn't think he'd get all 9 votes until they started asking questions...and then it became pretty clear.

Alex is seriously the biggest loser ever, though. I have no idea what the hell he was talking about.

bballarl
05-14-2007, 12:18 AM
No, that redneck chick was the worst. She thought she was super clever, but c'mon.

I also liked Boo's tangent about being a strong Christian.

Mabdul Doobakus
05-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Well, she's clearly delusional. Alex really thinks he's hot shit, though, so I guess that makes him delusional too.

bballarl
05-14-2007, 12:55 AM
I only watched the last two episodes. Dreamz was a cunt. Yao-man is where it's at. And his comments at the reunion show were great.

PassiveTheory
05-14-2007, 06:09 AM
I happened to catch the finale (hadn't watched the series since...... I think it was the purple-themed island one where the black chick won... Can't remember the name to save my life... Mariquas?) and I guess I missed a good season...

Also I'm impressed that they got clearance to do a season in China, cause' I can't wait for Survivor Cuba in a couple of years =D

bartelby
05-14-2007, 06:52 AM
there should be a way for fans to vote and give yau-man some $$$....

dreamz is a fucking asshole and ranks lower than richard hatch now in survivor infamy

psychic friend
05-14-2007, 06:58 AM
i agree dreamz is a dick.

bug on your lip
05-14-2007, 07:14 AM
i hadn't been watching this, but did catch the end of the final

i can't believe how fuckin bitter & inappropriate these "jury" people were. they would ask a question & then immediately start yelling SHUT UP ! STOP TALKING !
fukkin psychos

they should have allowed guns on the island

dorkfish
05-14-2007, 07:25 AM
I thought this would be Jeff making a return to the board as a survivor. I was wrong.

Mabdul Doobakus
05-14-2007, 09:01 AM
I like Dreamz. You can't ask a man to commit Survivor suicide. They should've all just agreed to cut out Cassandra.

ivankay
05-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Dreamz is an absolute idiot. He gave up his integrity for a million dollar shot that if he had any clue what so ever, should have known he had no shot at. If anyone who watches the show ever ran into him in a personal situation, would they ever think "this is a good guy and when he talks means what he says" Untrustwothy period. He swore to the God he professes to worship. He said to the camera when alone he wanted to be an example to his kid and be a man of his word. Dreamz is waaaay worse than Johnny Fairplay because he is a LIAR in denial. When confronted, he always took the 4 year old's route and would babble on about how he didn't do what you just saw and heard him do. Sure people feel sorry for him because of his background that he would keep reminding everyone of, but that's no excuse for being dishonorable and going about it the way that he did. Backstabber. He wouldn't even give back the truck. The lowest Survivor player in history and it was mostly determined in that one decision he made at tribal and the way he went into bullshit mode after.

psychic friend
05-14-2007, 07:13 PM
ok i just watched the last episode on cbs.com and they fucked up (again). they left out the whole sequence after the final 4 burnt the stick things of the past others and skipped ahead to after yau man got voted out so i still have NO idea what happened to yau man. im really pissed. this is the 2nd time they have messed up on the post shows and its a major network and i cant even read through their 253 page thread about it so im sure they know about it by now and have still not fixed it but at least i didnt have to watch any commercials.

that being said, dreamz is an idiot. he couldnt have won and therefor not sticking to his word he so blatenly was being taped about was just dumb. Did he not see he wouldnt have won? Also lets not forget the car curse. nobody that wins a car wins the million, i guess that left out yau man AND dreamz. At least johnny fairplay played a funny joke, dreamz on the other hand I could smell his B.O. though the tv.

QUESTION... .since the 2nd place person gets 100K, did they split that 50/50 between dreamz and cassandra? If so I guess in THAT case dreamz was smart. He got a car AND 50K.

I cant wait for survivor china

Mabdul Doobakus
05-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I look at Surivor as a game, and anything you do in it is fair play. His decision had consequences--meaning he had absolutely no chance of winning--but I don't think it makes him a scumbag.

You get paid on a rising scale. Everyone gets paid something. I don't know if both 2nd place finishers get $100,000...or if they combine the 2nd and 3rd place prizes and split that. But either way, he probably picked up at least an extra 50K over what a 4th place finish would net.

psychic friend
05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
the only big money prizes in the past have been 1 and 2
1 million and 100K. im only curious how they did 2/3 this time.

ivankay
05-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I look at Surivor as a game, and anything you do in it is fair play. His decision had consequences--meaning he had absolutely no chance of winning--but I don't think it makes him a scumbag.

i think in this case it does. More than likely he would justify lies like this outside the game because it would put food on the table or "hell, everyone does it." He did it for the opportunity to win a million, not the guarantee (although ethically that too would be wrong). Is he not a scumbag because he smiles and talks like a kid with no understanding of what the hell you're saying when asked direct questions? If he was a little uglier, scummier, and less charming, the same behavior i'm sure would come off as "scumbag" without question.

Main reasons for scumbag consideration: a Christian swearing to God and then going back on it. A father pumping up how he wants to show his kid he's a man of his word and then not being that (funniest part about that is doing it on camera during the confessional mode...you and the camera, no other players). Constant liar who lies just because he seems to know no other way of talking. When there was nothing to gain from it, he would still just fumble anout how he didn't do it or it wasn't lying.

i'm sure if a person like this was in your life, you probably wouldn't have them there for long (unless you were truly a masochist).

And something about the way people play games, it is a great way to see how they are in life. If someone cheats while playing cards, chances are they will cheat at everything. If someone is a sore loser, probably a whiner in all set backs that they encounter in life. Play straight up and don't let the game affect your ethics, more than likely a good person.

Mabdul Doobakus
05-14-2007, 08:37 PM
To clarify: I'm not saying he's not a scumbag. He's just not a scumbag on account of his decision to go back on the deal. I don't think anyone should be asked to essentially commit Survivor suicide.

He may very well be a scumbag on account of all the other reasons you listed.

psychic friend
05-14-2007, 08:49 PM

i think those were the main point so ya.

menikmati
05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
china

ivankay
05-14-2007, 08:58 PM
To clarify: I'm not saying he's not a scumbag. He's just not a scumbag on account of his decision to go back on the deal. I don't think anyone should be asked to essentially commit Survivor suicide.

He gave his word though. He was presented with a deal with the devil (sorry Yau) and jumped into it head first with a smile on his face. It was bad when he orchestrated the attempt to blind side Yau so he wouldn't have to be in the situation of giving up his immunity (and making Yau a true Survivor legend for his instinct to play the idol) and keeping the truck in the process. Way worse when he talked up his honor and then did what he did.

Survivor is more than a game. The contestants are putting themselves in view of a mass audience and part of the play has to be "what in my best interests when i get out of here". If Dreamz came to me for a job, no way would i consider him. He blew the opportunity to go beyond the monetary prize and took away the power of his supposid goal to show people how they can lift themselves out of the muck and make a better life. Say Dreamz did the right thing and gave Yau immunity, that could have translated into a whole new life for him that is now dead.

"Should we hire Dreamz for the motivational speech at our convention?" (maybe 15,ooo right there)

"Naw, people hate that dude. He stabbed Yau in the back"

If he did the right thing...opportunities galore. He would have been a hero and all the past lying in the game would have been hazey.

Anyway, i see your point, but Dreamz went about it in a very hypocritical way (Johnny Fairplay didn't for example...he took glee in his lies...Johnny's still a scum, just not a hypocrital one)

All That I Am
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
They actually had a discussion in our breakroom today about whether or not Yau could sue Dreamz for breech of contract since they did make a verbal agreement on tape and yau handed over his property.

It was fun and stupid... fupid!