PDA

View Full Version : From Toronto, flying out from Buffalo to LAX. Anyone?

Domicelka
01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
There are four of us going to Coachella (newbies). My friend and I want to leave earlier than the remaining two (they will arrive on Thursday night).
So our plan is as follows:
-From Toronto go to Buffalo - EARLY Wednesday morning (haven't figured out how to get there yet)
-Leave Buffalo to LAX
-Explore LA (with the possibility of staying there and become stars haha)
-Go to Idio on Thursday afternoon
Also, we are on-site campers. No worries, we'll practice setting up the tent ;-)

Anyone has similar plans or want to join? Let me know.

daver77777
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
sounds good, how much $$ do you think that will run?

Domicelka
01-28-2007, 07:41 PM
After considering a couple of options (even going there by car) we are almost certain that this plan is most reasonable money wise.

bgh1974
01-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey there,

I have not yet booked my flight yet, and would be interested in going with someone, or some people to L.A. I am so far going by myself, if I have too. I could not miss this!. I can possibly drive to buffalo.

Cheers,

Chris.

Domicelka
01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
There's no need to feel lonely :) We are very friendly and look forward to meeting new friends. The more the merrier :)
It's the first time for all of us. Sooo excited!

911wasaninsidejob
01-28-2007, 10:08 PM
After considering a couple of options (even going there by car) we are almost certain that this plan is most reasonable money wise.

I think the most reasonable plan would be to fly to the airport that is the closest (Palm Springs, aka "PSP") don't ya think???...I'm flying from nYc and that's what I plan on doing.

Palm Springs is WAAAY closer to the venue than LAX is.

Just...my 2 :2c

Domicelka
01-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Indeed. However it's more expensive AND we don't get to see LA :)

PunkHawk
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm flying into LAX (from Philly) thursday afternoon around 7pm. I'm going alone and looking for people to meet up with. How are you guys getting to Coachella?

Collin
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I am comin from TO as well with one other person.. would you guys consider carpooling instead of flying?

The flight from Buffalo does seem pretty damn cheap.. i foudn 200 US.. so maybe driving would be more expensive?

AdamToronto
01-29-2007, 08:57 PM
flying from buffalo to LAX and then renting a car is by far the cheapest option

flying to palm springs is at least 100 more per person.. where as the money for a rental car can be split by the amount of people that go...rather than everyone having to spend the extra cash on the flight to palm springs.

Domicelka
01-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Driving all the way down there is definitely more expensive than flying and then renting a car. Adam is right :)

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello my fellow TO ppl..well ok i am from Buffalo.

i found that driving from Buffalo is pretty much the same if not cheapier than flying and renting a car. i HAVE THE FREEDOM OF MY OWN CAR AND CAN BRING EXACTLY WHAT I DO NEED WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHAT IFS ALONG THE WAY. tHE DRIVE IS ONLY 36 hrs which is not that bad.

For me to fly and rent it would have been about 6-7 hundred dollars American. Remmeber.. it will seem more expensive becuase your dollars are weak againest ours. Plus we get better gas prices than you. ..

Driving will cost about 4-500 for the whole trip . Plus we get to see the USA a bit. A lot depends on how much time you have. LA is ok, i am going in on Sat morning to see my brother and hit him up for food( love haveing a chef besides myself in the family) and to see the galaxy's stadium(footy)

La...eh...its not all the hype you think it is..;) TO is much cleanier and easier to get around... though i do love Long Beach.

Domicelka
01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Hello my fellow TO ppl..well ok i am from Buffalo.

i found that driving from Buffalo is pretty much the same if not cheapier than flying and renting a car. i HAVE THE FREEDOM OF MY OWN CAR AND CAN BRING EXACTLY WHAT I DO NEED WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHAT IFS ALONG THE WAY. tHE DRIVE IS ONLY 36 hrs which is not that bad.

For me to fly and rent it would have been about 6-7 hundred dollars American. Remmeber.. it will seem more expensive becuase your dollars are weak againest ours. Plus we get better gas prices than you. ..

Driving will cost about 4-500 for the whole trip . Plus we get to see the USA a bit. A lot depends on how much time you have. LA is ok, i am going in on Sat morning to see my brother and hit him up for food( love haveing a chef besides myself in the family) and to see the galaxy's stadium(footy)

La...eh...its not all the hype you think it is..;) TO is much cleanier and easier to get around... though i do love Long Beach.

We were considering driving too. Roadtrips can be fun but one of my friends can only leave work on Thursday afternoon.
:)

outof_nowhere
01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
sounds very good. im in, domicelka :)
ps - driving also takes WAY longer than flying...the sooner we get there the more stuff we can do!!

SEEDYMIG420
01-24-2008, 01:57 AM
There are four of us going to Coachella (newbies). My friend and I want to leave earlier than the remaining two (they will arrive on Thursday night).
So our plan is as follows:
-From Toronto go to Buffalo - EARLY Wednesday morning (haven't figured out how to get there yet)
-Leave Buffalo to LAX
-Explore LA (with the possibility of staying there and become stars haha)
-Go to Idio on Thursday afternoon
Also, we are on-site campers. No worries, we'll practice setting up the tent ;-)

Anyone has similar plans or want to join? Let me know.

Looks like I'll be going to Coachella by myself this year & I have room for three. I might be camping there too, but not sure. I don't live too far from LAX. I'm an L.A. native. Let's all have some FUN.

philly
01-27-2008, 12:43 PM
There is currently a westjet flight on thursday morning from toronto to LAX for $169 CAD. Why not try that?

frozen pilgrim
01-27-2008, 12:47 PM
There is currently a westjet flight on thursday morning from toronto to LAX for $169 CAD. Why not try that?

where'd you find this?

philly
01-27-2008, 01:03 PM
www.westjet.ca

leaving from toronto, going to los angeles, thursday april 24

$169.00 CAD
Seat Sale Fare
09:45 (YYZ) 12:19 (LAX) WS 920 5hr 34min

It was at $129 a week ago, I'm betting the price wont last long

philly
01-28-2008, 02:31 PM
flights now on for $149 with westjet and air canada toronto to LAX

frozen pilgrim
01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
is that one way?

philly
01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
yeah one way

Dre_Toronto_DeLuca
03-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I am thinking of doing the same thing!
Anyone driving from Toronto or taking the bus
Add me to facebook or msn

Andre De Luca ( facebook)

Msn
Andre_de_luca@hotmail.com

KookyFor1973
03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Take the greyhound from Toronto to Buffalo - it's about $69 round trip ($49 if you book non-refundable tix) and according to mapquest the bus station is about a 12min drive from the airport - approximately the same distance as it was to the amtrak station when I went to NYC so it will be about a $25 cab ride (which is peanuts if you're splitting it).

Make sure you leave a decent amount of time though - the bus WILL arrive later than it's listed as you WILL get stuck at the border (they don't factor that in to the time and I was stuck there for about 45minutes when I went) and obviously you want to get to the airport at LEAST 2 hours before your flight leaves. I believe they suggest 3.

KookyFor1973
03-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Also - I wouldn't bother flying out of Toronto...you're gonna save yourself a minimum of $100 if you fly out of Buffalo.

If you want to take an early flight on Wednesday you're going to want to leave Toronto Tuesday night as the earliest bus wednesday morning is 8am and you won't get to buffalo till after 11am.

There's a bus that leaves Tuesday night at 11:00pm and gets into buffalo at 2:15am Wednesday (which means closer to 3am due to border crossing)

That way you can take one of the earliest flights out of Buffalo (as early as 5:40am)