PDA

View Full Version : Drive from LAX to INDIO

JCLimited
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, about how long can I expect the drive to be from LAX to Coachella (with traffic and whatnot)? I'm arriving 11:45am on Friday, getting our rental, and then going straight there.

We're either going to take the 405N to the 10E, or the 105E to the 605E then to the 10E. The 405 to the 10E is more scenic... I heard.

Also, where would be a good place to stop to pick up a cooler, some ice/food/water, and most importantly... BOOZE!

Courtney
01-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Did you read devilray223's response to the same question you posted earlier? It tells you everything you need to know about driving routes and timing.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1261

JCLimited
01-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Ah, shit, thanks. I was looking for that response... for whatever reason, I didn't see it.

Courtney
01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
It's cool. I only remember it because I was impressed by what good advice you were given.

ADGZ662
01-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey guys, about how long can I expect the drive to be from LAX to Coachella (with traffic and whatnot)? I'm arriving 11:45am on Friday, getting our rental, and then going straight there.

We're either going to take the 405N to the 10E, or the 105E to the 605E then to the 10E. The 405 to the 10E is more scenic... I heard.

Also, where would be a good place to stop to pick up a cooler, some ice/food/water, and most importantly... BOOZE!

Take 405N to 10 E, 2 to 3 hr drive depending on traffic get off on washington from the 10E & make a left on ave 50 its quicker everyone uses the Jefferson & Monroe exits & wait in a long line of traffic to get to the polo fields on the washington exit you'll see plenty of places to buy your stuff plus save time avoiding all the crowds buying stuff at the local grocery/drugstores....awww damn I just gave up my shortcut

Courtney
01-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Also, if you do decide to take that route that he recommends, right after you get on the 605 (in Norwalk) you'll see Firestone Blvd. That might be a good place to pick up your supplies. There's a Ralph's supermarket, a Target, and a Smart & Final.

However, if you're getting close to rush hour, you probably don't want to loiter for too long.

Courtney
01-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I think my 2 friends who are 21 will each bring a quart of rum with us across the border, rather than screwing around on Friday looking for a liquor store... assuming the fricken website will clarify whether or not liquor can be brought across.

Just so you know, California sells hard liquor in supermarkets and drug stores and stuff. It's actually very easy to find, compared to some other states.

JCLimited
01-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Just so you know, California sells hard liquor in supermarkets and drug stores and stuff. It's actually very easy to find, compared to some other states.
lol, right. I forgot about that. In Canada, liquor stores are provincially operated... pain in the ass if you're in the middle of nowhere.

JCLimited
01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I think my 2 friends who are 21 will each bring a quart of rum with us across the border, rather than screwing around on Friday looking for a liquor store... assuming the fricken website will clarify whether or not liquor can be brought across.

Courtney
01-28-2007, 02:56 PM
lol, right. I forgot about that. In Canada, liquor stores are provincially operated... pain in the ass if you're in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, it's like that here too if you travel to Utah or something. Luckily, California is very liberal :)