PDA

View Full Version : In/Out of the event to the campground

Brentw0
01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Ok, i know that there are certain positives to not letting people enter and leave the event grounds multiple times during the day. That being said, i think it sucks! Last year i didn't do well with the heat (I'm from Canada) and just couldn't take being inside the event ALL day. I chose to stay on the camp ground for the first part of the day where i could stay cool much easier. Because of this i missed a few bands that i wanted to see that had early set times. I'm just complaining here, but does anyone agree that allowing in/out from the vent to the campground would be soooo sweet?! or am i alone? And why is it too dangerous/inconvenient to staff/whatever to allow In/Out?

thelastgreatman
01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
The city of Indio will not allow it, it's not Coachella's choice, they're not happy about it either. Thanks.

ShyGuy75
01-10-2008, 02:07 PM
The city of Indio will not allow it, it's not Coachella's choice, they're not happy about it either. Thanks.

Do you know what logic they throw behind that?

Botrocker
01-10-2008, 02:15 PM
The campgrounds are argueably hotter than the festival grounds.

DSN1138
01-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Ya it seems weird that the city would regulate on something like that. And I agree that the campgrounds are waaay hotter, at least you have some shady spots inside

thelastgreatman
01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Do you know what logic they throw behind that?

Not really. Indio's relationship with Coach is pretty touchy in general, that town is mostly old people who couldn't care less for an indie music festival. Somehow they relate in/out privileges to increase likelihood of drug use or some other kind of danger I think.

Brentw0
01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Interesting... Still a down side of the festival though. If Coachella ever moves venues/towns, i vote for in/out! :)

As for the 'it's hotter in the campground anyway' thing. I'm pretty sure it's probably exactly the same temp in each part of the field... At least at yer camp site you have your 'comforts' whether it be a cooler full of cold drinks, or a nice chair with shade... just sayin'. I found it hard to find a good place to sit and chill in the shade once inside the event gates.

chiapet
01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I found it hard to find a good place to sit and chill in the shade once inside the event gates.

Good reason to check out bands playing in the tents. :)

lowfront
01-12-2008, 01:28 PM
If not in and out freely

can't we at least get a single chance to go in and out

gaypalmsprings
01-12-2008, 01:28 PM
There are places to cool off in the fest. Misters, cold drinks, shade tents, etc. Grow up & take the heat like a man.

Chicagodub
01-12-2008, 01:43 PM
There are places to cool off in the fest. Misters, cold drinks, shade tents, etc. Grow up & take the heat like a man.

Ah GPS I remember you from last year on the boards, I see your sense of humor hasnt changed a bit :) Had a blast going on my own last year btw! ;P

Jakewc151
01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
As much as I would love for Coachella to have in/out privileges it never will happen. I've NEVER been to any venues, let alone festivals that allow in/out.. They want to make money off people drinking their expensive booze and if they allowed in/out, ppl could just go to their car or a nearby bar to get booze for a little cheaper..

SometimesNJ
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
i totally agree and this really sucks..but i dont think theyll ever change it, at least as long as its in indio. i would suggest doing bonnaroo if you prefer to go back to the campground. but yeah, as awesome as coach is, this is the worst part of the show.

traviscanada
01-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Ok, i know that there are certain positives to not letting people enter and leave the event grounds multiple times during the day. That being said, i think it sucks! Last year i didn't do well with the heat (I'm from Canada) and just couldn't take being inside the event ALL day. I chose to stay on the camp ground for the first part of the day where i could stay cool much easier. Because of this i missed a few bands that i wanted to see that had early set times. I'm just complaining here, but does anyone agree that allowing in/out from the vent to the campground would be soooo sweet?! or am i alone? And why is it too dangerous/inconvenient to staff/whatever to allow In/Out?

I'm from Canada and you don't hear me complaining about the heat.

MiamiNate
01-20-2008, 05:11 AM
I'll go to In and Out Burger on the the way to the event.
That's good enough for me.

Harrisment
01-20-2008, 09:49 AM
I seriously thought this thread was about burgers.

paganman7
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
The campgrounds are argueably hotter than the festival grounds.

I agree 100%. My least favorite thing about camping is sitting outside my tent from 6:00 am until I decide to enter the festival (around 2 or 3). Once inside, you have shade in the food areas, shade in the beer prisons, and, oh yeah, three very large shaded areas that have kick ass music playing in them.

That said, in-and-outs should be permitted.

suprefan
01-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Go to Stagecoach if you want ins and outs to the campground ok?

thelastgreatman
01-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Or be prepared to pay a couple thousand dollars this year.

suprefan
01-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah I wanna see who shells out the dough for a Safari Tent.

kreutz2112
01-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Danny Devito is going to stay in a Safari Tent.

goodgrl
01-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I thought this was about in/out being a new food vendor.

brando4n82
01-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Interesting... Still a down side of the festival though. If Coachella ever moves venues/towns, i vote for in/out! :)

is it true GoldenVoice renewed their contract with the polo fields for another 5 years?

emtgreg
01-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah I wanna see who shells out the dough for a Safari Tent.

i will probably get the airstream if i can...

why?

no kids, no girls, and i work too much...

which means too much expendable income...i mean really, what else will i spend it on?

kyledevre
01-20-2008, 12:48 PM
lurkin