PDA

View Full Version : am i eligible for the presale tix??

sbessiso
01-09-2008, 07:00 PM
i bought tickets in 2006 but couldnt make it out to coachella last year, i remember getting an email about the 07 presale, i havent recieved any emails this year. do i have to buy tickets every year to be eligible for the next years ticket presale?? (i.e. last years tickets to be able to get this years)

im sure someone asked this, but its easier said than done leafing through all threads

shakermaker113
01-09-2008, 07:11 PM
you'll get a whole lot of incorrect answers to this, and maybe some correct ones, but ultimately no-one knows. pf has even said "if there is a pre-sale this year...". so it might not even happen.

just wait and see. in the mean time, enjoy the crap the people post in response.

letitbe_
01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
you'll get a whole lot of incorrect answers to this, and maybe some correct ones, but ultimately no-one knows. pf has even said "if there is a pre-sale this year...". so it might not even happen.

just wait and see. in the mean time, enjoy the crap the people post in response.

Finally a response that tells me something accurate. =)

airguitarvet
01-09-2008, 09:33 PM
lol

rage patton
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Wait... Dani said "if there is a presale"?

If there isn't, I am fucked.

MeowMixer
01-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Dani=Psychic Friend? I must pay more attention on here.

shakermaker113
01-10-2008, 09:51 AM
yes Dani is Psychic Friend. thanks to the search function, here is a pretty definitive summary of the info she has given us:

They did a presale with the micrommunity in 2007 and another one with the previous buyers/newsletter sign ups. Before that they did presales with previous buyers and newsletter sign ups. Before that they did one with only newsletter sign ups and myspace peeps. They did presales after the line up was announced and they have done presales before the line up was announced.

It has been slightly different each year.

Don't make assumptions. just sayin.

a presale means before the regular sale so since neither has happened yet I don't know what you are getting so uppity about. also, is there some sort of rule that there has to even be a presale?

so I reiterate, we don't know.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
damn...I thought I knew what was going on too....

Botrocker
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Just when you think you know...

Trick Loves The Kids
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
waaaaaaaaaack

fatbastard
01-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I will do everything in my power to make sure you do not get pre-sale tickets. Add an avatar and I'll get 1 ticket for you. Any suggestions on what needs to be done to earn a 2nd ticket?

digitalface
01-16-2008, 08:21 PM
This is all a bit of a bummer. I've been the past three years, but I've always gotten my tickets with friends who have done to online ordering thing. Poo.

ttboy80
01-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Pray for Presale!

jayce
01-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Wait... Dani said "if there is a presale"?

If there isn't, I am fucked.

Why would you be fucked?

faxman75
01-17-2008, 07:00 AM
I would assume he doesn't have the extra hundred bucks or so more it's going to cost for regular price tickets.

sbessiso
01-17-2008, 07:05 AM
*IF* there is a presale and *IF* the lineup is announced next week, wouldnt that mean the presale would have to be this weekend?

shakermaker113
01-17-2008, 09:20 AM
*IF* there is a presale and *IF* the lineup is announced next week, wouldnt that mean the presale would have to be this weekend?

I think last year the presale was announced, began, and ended quickly enough that it was over before I even heard about it. it was pretty darn fast. so it's not impossible.

I'm still betting that the lineup gets announced on the 28th.

Melanie.Dawn
01-17-2008, 10:15 AM
I signed up for the coachella news letter, the GV news letter, the coachella facebook group, the microminnuty, befriended coachella on myspace and of course, the forum. If I don't hear about the presale, I'm going to be pretty upset.

carokube
01-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I signed up for the coachella news letter, the GV news letter, the coachella facebook group, the microminnuty, befriended coachella on myspace and of course, the forum. If I don't hear about the presale, I'm going to be pretty upset.

lol i did the same thing. also signed up for ducat king newsletter, and made a buzznet account. and ticketmaster alerts for coachella, of course.

digitalface
01-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Dang.

carokube
01-17-2008, 05:08 PM
i hope i get a presale email tomorrow so that i can sleep this weekend. :(

pandaroo
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM

well, you're in microcommunity thats the only way you will hear about it. its for fans that buy online. Unfortunatly I have had other people buy my tix or bought in person-so I'm not worthy-
Thank god my boyfriend is!

shakermaker113
01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
well, you're in microcommunity thats the only way you will hear about it. its for fans that buy online.

it's amazing how people still think they know things, despite quotes from PF earlier on the very same page saying that nobody knows anying.

boyalien0
01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Understandably, assumptions are made based on historical averages. Pre-sales are pretty commonplace nowadays, especially for large events, and have been held for Coachella specifically in the past. Why not assume the same would be true this year? Still, I agree that nobody knows anything. This is a topsy-turvy, unusual year so far. I mean, how the hell is everything being kept so under wraps? It's like they hired the same security firm JK Rowling uses.

Sushov23
01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't give a fuck about pre-sales I just want to know I will get my tickets.

shakermaker113
01-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Why not assume the same would be true this year?

because there is no benefit to it. we build up expectations based on speculation and educated guesses, despite PF's comments that it has been different every year and might not even happen. if we're wrong then people get all worked up about it. and if we're right... nothing changes. nothing at all. we'd be just as well off waiting for the official announcement.

oh, and bonnaroo didn't have a pre-sale this year, did they? why not assume coachella will follow suit? we can make assumptions any direction we like. it gets us nowhere.

sbessiso
01-18-2008, 08:51 AM
yeah no pre-sale this year for bonnaroo

suprefan
01-18-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't give a fuck about pre-sales I just want to know I will get my tickets.

So saving like $80 doesnt matter to you? Ok..................

boyalien0
01-18-2008, 10:49 AM
because there is no benefit to it. we build up expectations based on speculation and educated guesses, despite PF's comments that it has been different every year and might not even happen. if we're wrong then people get all worked up about it. and if we're right... nothing changes. nothing at all. we'd be just as well off waiting for the official announcement.

oh, and bonnaroo didn't have a pre-sale this year, did they? why not assume coachella will follow suit? we can make assumptions any direction we like. it gets us nowhere.

So, everything we do in life HAS to be beneficial or logical? Maybe some of us enjoy things that get us nowhere. Do we have to constantly advance? Stasis is fun too, you know. Plus, I never assume that Coachella will follow in Bonnaroo's footsteps.

psychic friend
01-18-2008, 11:01 AM

I just saved $80 on my auto insurance.

yippeee!

Bud Luster
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM

Riiight, presale tix weren't $80 cheaper. I wanna see recpts.

orbit
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
I just saved $80 buying my book online instead of barnes and noble.

That goes for the coachella ticket!

carokube
01-18-2008, 11:11 AM

the ducat king presale tix were 200$. ducat king presale seems unlikely this year, though. the ticketmaster presale was the same price as the normal sale.

orbit
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
yeah no pre-sale this year for bonnaroo

How do you know that? Did they already confirmed it?

sbessiso
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
i think they bonnaroo myspace confirmed it

Sushov23
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
SUPRE, I really, really do care about saving money, and would LOVE a pre-sale. So the reason I say that is because It's looking more and more unlikely. So I'm trying to move on from there being a pre-sale. If there is one will you PM me the info? Since now you know I care about saving some money

Melanie.Dawn
01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
I would really like for there to be a presale... and I'd be dissappointed if there wasn't. I mean, it's kinda like GV saying a big 'FUCK YOU' to everyone, because they know you'll still come... and give them more money... if they don't.
I would see it as a lack of appreciation for people who are really into Coachella. And those people are going to keep it alive in the end.

shakermaker113
01-18-2008, 11:59 AM
So, everything we do in life HAS to be beneficial or logical? Maybe some of us enjoy things that get us nowhere. Do we have to constantly advance? Stasis is fun too, you know. Plus, I never assume that Coachella will follow in Bonnaroo's footsteps.

I think the empty speculation is worse than just 'not going anywhere' -- without it we wouldn't be getting all worked up about the 21st and the pre-sale we were expecting to happen by now. we would just be patiently waiting. still in stasis, not advancing, but without trying to be a smart ass.

and I didn't mean to suggest coachella would follow bonnaroo's footsteps. just that we can reach entirely different conclusions depending on the assumptions we start off with.

How do you know that? Did they already confirmed it?

they sent an email out in december saying they weren't doing on this year.

boyalien0
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Touche.

boarderwoozel3
01-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Coachella's popularity has been growing each year and January is dwindling away. My hope for a presale is starting to die.

MantisMel
01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Is it true that if you opt to work Stagecoach you can get into Coachella for free or at the least at a discount?

thestripe
01-18-2008, 08:03 PM
http://lolcats.com/images/u/07/22/lolcatsdotcomq0sgjxfx758rcuy9.jpg

Alchemy
01-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Is it true that if you opt to work Stagecoach you can get into Coachella for free or at the least at a discount?

I had a friend who worked both Coachella and Stagecoach. I know that didn't answer your question. But he said there was time to watch stuff and he had a good time at both.

MantisMel
01-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanx anywayz Alchemy. : )

orbit
01-18-2008, 09:12 PM
If you volunteer 40 hrs for SXSW, you get a free wristband for the rest of the festival. Neither it answered your question, but might be useful if you want to go to SXSW sometime.

krk67
01-19-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't understand how some people think Goldenvoice owes us a presale. Presales are a matter of economics and advertising -- cheaper tickets for the hype it produces.

If GV doesn't feel they need that initial hype at the price it costs them, that their perogative just like it's yours to not buy a ticket at a price you don't feel is fair (although, even if you only like a quarter of the bands it's still about $10-$15 a band + extra for the gorgeous setting).

Keep in mind, kids, that we don't have to look at all those nasty AT&T banners and the swarms of other ugly marketing like at ACL and Lolla. By not marring the scenery with this crap, GV is very likely taking at least a $500,000 hit to any potential profits. You should also realice that profits are not guaranteed, so I'd rather them not take a loss for my benefit. I like Coachella too much and it's worth a full priced ticket to me.

But for you guys who are really hoping for a pre-sale, I'll hope for you too. It's just the sense of entitlement I've noticed that sucks.

Anyone with a brain who compares the offerings at each festival (along with the detrations, of which Goldenvoice has none IMO) and then compares it to ticket price can clearly see that Coachella is a labor of love for the Goldenvoice crew.

suprefan
01-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Ok.......

I just wanna go, is that too much to ask?

medflames25
01-19-2008, 09:27 AM
I know the presale tickets are not available yet, but when they are- how do you know, and where are they sold at? I am new to this and just curious.

boyalien0
01-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I know the presale tickets are not available yet, but when they are- how do you know, and where are they sold at? I am new to this and just curious.

There is no presale. But some of us still think there will be. Then again, some of us are idiots.

Somewhat Damaged
01-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I think there'll still be a presale on Thursday with tickets going on sale regularly on Saturday, just like it is with pretty much every other concert. It's just looking pretty unlikely that there'll be a ducatking presale this year.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-19-2008, 11:35 AM
yeah at this point i'm assuming there is no presale given the lineup is going to come out in three days

Alchemy
01-19-2008, 01:11 PM
I don't understand how some people think Goldenvoice owes us a presale. Presales are a matter of economics and advertising -- cheaper tickets for the hype it produces.

If GV doesn't feel they need that initial hype at the price it costs them, that their perogative just like it's yours to not buy a ticket at a price you don't feel is fair (although, even if you only like a quarter of the bands it's still about $10-$15 a band + extra for the gorgeous setting).

Keep in mind, kids, that we don't have to look at all those nasty AT&T banners and the swarms of other ugly marketing like at ACL and Lolla. By not marring the scenery with this crap, GV is very likely taking at least a $500,000 hit to any potential profits. You should also realice that profits are not guaranteed, so I'd rather them not take a loss for my benefit. I like Coachella too much and it's worth a full priced ticket to me.

But for you guys who are really hoping for a pre-sale, I'll hope for you too. It's just the sense of entitlement I've noticed that sucks.

Anyone with a brain who compares the offerings at each festival (along with the detrations, of which Goldenvoice has none IMO) and then compares it to ticket price can clearly see that Coachella is a labor of love for the Goldenvoice crew.

Considering the fact that Ticketmaster's pre-sale sells the tickets at same price, only earlier, you just wasted some time. Ticketmaster is the main pre-sale we should be looking out for, because it's the usual.

krk67
01-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Redemption in 5...4...3...2...

Carlo Von Sexron
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm going to be bummed if there are no discounted presale tickets this year...But of course I'll buy a 3-day pass anyways and move on, so who cares.

Carlo Von Sexron
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM

They were last year, and it was awesome. As far as I remember it was definitely a bigger discount in 07 than years prior.

ttboy80
01-19-2008, 06:04 PM
This is from the presale email sent out LAST YEAR: 2007

"The presale will begin today, Friday, January 19th at 2 PM Pacific Time and will end Sunday, January 21st at 8 PM Pacific Time. The discounted 3 Day Pass will be $199.00 + service charges and shipping. By purchasing through this special presale, you'll take advantage of substantial discount on the normal price of the 3 Day Pass and you'll be securing your tickets before anyone else!"

Alchemy
01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
This is from the presale email sent out LAST YEAR: 2007

"The presale will begin today, Friday, January 19th at 2 PM Pacific Time and will end Sunday, January 21st at 8 PM Pacific Time. The discounted 3 Day Pass will be $199.00 + service charges and shipping. By purchasing through this special presale, you'll take advantage of substantial discount on the normal price of the 3 Day Pass and you'll be securing your tickets before anyone else!"

That's the DucatKing one though. It doesn't seem as if they are going to have a pre-sale. Ticketmaster seems to be the one getting ready for, at least, some sort of ticket sale... Pre or not.