PDA

View Full Version : ~2008 Canadian Campers Thread~

Brentw0
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey! It's Brent here. From Fredericton, NB, Canada!!! 2008 will be my 2nd Coachella. Went to 2007 with a few of my crew and it was the time of my life! So there is no way I'm missing this year! One problem. No one from my crew wants (can afford) to go this year. So I'm really just looking for some cool Canadians to chat with and maybe camp with this year. Since I've been to Coachella before, i might be able to answer some questions ppl might have about making the trek from Eastern Canada to the Coachella Vally! So lets start hearing from some Canadians that plan on camping!

Cpt. Funkaho
01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I live in Alaska but have dual citizenship. Do I count?

This may be immaterial as I may or may not be camping.

Brentw0
01-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Hahaha, i guess you could count dude! Excited about Coachella 2008 yet? I've just started planning for it. Looks like i'm gonna be heading down on my own this year. Whats yer story? How many Coachellas have you been to?

microserfs21
01-08-2008, 07:44 PM
in, on what should be a big thread

I'm coming back for my second as well.

Brentw0
01-09-2008, 04:23 AM
in, on what should be a big thread

I'm coming back for my second as well.

Right on Microserfs! Last years 'Canadian Content' was huge on the campsite! Were you at last years? How'd you get down to California? I heard a lot of ppl from the West coast carpooled down. That would be a sick road trip!

dnham
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm from Edmonton and some friends of mine will be camping as well!

Leckie
01-10-2008, 10:41 AM
i'll be there with a crew for sure. last year was my first year too. best time of my life. we drove from Victoria, BC and will again this year. planning on setting up a huge camp this time- tarps, canopys, music, lots of people.

microserfs21
01-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Right on Microserfs! Last years 'Canadian Content' was huge on the campsite! Were you at last years? How'd you get down to California? I heard a lot of ppl from the West coast carpooled down. That would be a sick road trip!

I flew last year and am flying again this year so I can maximize my time off work down there. I would love to road trip it but I would need an extra week off. A road trip from New Brunswick to Coachella would be epic if you had the chance.

Brentw0
01-12-2008, 10:06 AM
If i could swing a road trip from East Coast Canada to California, i would so do it. But same reasons as you microserfs... just can't afford to take that much time off work. Stupid responsibilities! I heard that a bus was going to make the trek from PEI last year... never found out if they did it or not... anyone know?

casiokeys
01-13-2008, 08:21 AM
My best friend and I are coming down from Ontario. woo. I think we're flying, but if he wants to drive the whole way, I'd have no problem with that either.

jonnypark
01-14-2008, 12:01 AM
flying from calgary and camping. Camped with a bunch of Brits last year and had a good time; I really don't thing it's to important who you're next too

dnham
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
flying from calgary and camping. Camped with a bunch of Brits last year and had a good time; I really don't thing it's to important who you're next too

How did you bring all your camping gear...you must have checked it in right? There's no way you could've brought it as a carryon?

JordanAnderson
01-15-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm from Jasper, Alberta and there is probably going to be just under 10 of us camping. Lets make the Canadian section the place to be!

microserfs21
01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
How did you bring all your camping gear...you must have checked it in right? There's no way you could've brought it as a carryon?
No way, I thought airlines allowed hockey bags filled with 50 pounds of camping gear to be carried on no problem.

You should have just said that in your head and not actually posted it.

On a related note, I found a lot of international travellers just bought really cheap camping gear once they got to the festival and then just left it at the campgrounds or else gave it away.

y_nigel
01-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Probably gonna road-trip down with at least 2 other guys from Vancouver

Thinking of doing a Vegas detour on the way back too :)

chowd3r
01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm from Calgary, have no clue how I'm getting there yet, haha.

Or if I'll have the funds, lol.

KookyFor1973
02-01-2008, 12:57 PM
From Toronto...flying from either Toronto or Buffalo to LAX...not 100% sure who I'm going with yet - trying to find a crazy partner in crime to commit.
Think I may fly in on Wednesday and hang at Venice Beach then hopefully hitch a ride down to Indio on Thursday to set up camp.

brisban
02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Flying from Toronto to either Vegas or LAX, depending on how much cash I'm prepared to lose.....

microserfs21
02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
From Toronto...flying from either Toronto or Buffalo to LAX...not 100% sure who I'm going with yet - trying to find a crazy partner in crime to commit.
Think I may fly in on Wednesday and hang at Venice Beach then hopefully hitch a ride down to Indio on Thursday to set up camp.

I'm going down early to spend a couple of days in the LA area and then would be going to go set up camp as well on thursday. I'm renting a car as so if you need a ride let me know.

KookyFor1973
02-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm going down early to spend a couple of days in the LA area and then would be going to go set up camp as well on thursday. I'm renting a car as so if you need a ride let me know.

SAWEET dude. I've added you to my "buddy list" will keep in touch as the date approaches and my plans come together a bit better.

T-Rye
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm making the trek from Victoria lonesome style. Drivin' down. I'm gonna hang out in the go it alone camp site. More than happy to make friends with other friendly Canucks though!

Second year. Should have been third but ended up with a bad lung infection in 2004. Didn't want to make the drive down.

Cram123
02-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Driving down from Saskatchewan with a few friends. This is our first Coachella. We should all meet up down there!

NiceArthur32
02-04-2008, 07:55 AM
where is canada? is it near los angeles? cuz if it is i may be from canada too...

F/O/X/Y/5
02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Share Your canadian beer and I'll be your friend Eh.

boarderwoozel3
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
where is canada? is it near los angeles? cuz if it is i may be from canada too...

Love it.

LANADA.

BROKENDOLL
02-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Share Your canadian beer and I'll be your friend Eh.
From what I've read here and there...The weed's not bad either!

brisban
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
From what I've read here and there...The weed's not bad either!

I just hope that Cali Weed lives up to the hype, and is easy to find, since customs officials generally frown upon people trying to bring weed into the country...

frozen pilgrim
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
californian weed is not bad, but not even close to what you get from coast to coast in canada (with the exception of parts of the praries where it's just bunk)

anywhoo.
second year as a canadian camper. last year I was the dude using his canadian flag to cover several cases of water stacked beside his tent. in section.... F? I don't remember.

this year it'll be me, my girl, and our best friend joey, all flying down (from buffalo- toronto's airport taxes are fucking whack).

microserfs21
02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I just hope that Cali Weed lives up to the hype, and is easy to find, since customs officials generally frown upon people trying to bring weed into the country...

I don't know how the high was because I don't smoke but all I know is that the cali dudes that were in the tent next to us last year had the stinkiest most foul smelling weed ever.

E-Town
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
So i'm hoping to make this year my first at Coachella. I was wondering, does anyone have any tips or comments on the drive down from Edmonton? Or Calgary? Hoping to make this a big first time roadtrip with some friends.

TwoToneTronBone
02-09-2008, 11:21 PM
My first year at Coachella, me and a buddy plan on driving down to Indio from Kamloops, BC. Cant wait, it'll be a long drive but definitely worth it.

JClemy
02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
So i'm hoping to make this year my first at Coachella. I was wondering, does anyone have any tips or comments on the drive down from Edmonton? Or Calgary? Hoping to make this a big first time roadtrip with some friends.

Hey dude, It's not a bad drive at all. make sure you make stops on the way though. I just drove to Vegas this past weekend and it was easy. Did a two day trip cause then you can actually enjoy yourself and your not super tired when you get there. We drove to Coachella last year and we're doing it again this year. If you can take the time off go up the California coast. I would recommend stopping in Butte Montana the first day. They have a super 8 thats pretty nice, and Vegas second night cause then you're only 6 hours from Indio. The drive to Butte would be about 11 hours for you.

Big White Crew
02-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey all: a bunch of staff from Big White ski resort are headed down and our group are among them. We are a guy and 3 crazy chicks from Australia and NZ.

Big White resort is in central B.C. and we are headed down the 101 and we will take our time as we go, arriving on Thursday to set up camp. We would love any suggestions as to the best places to set up????

see you all there... the Big White Crew

jonnypark
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
I love your Mountain

berchy
03-03-2008, 07:48 AM
to all those coming from BC or Alberta, i'm a 20 year old female in desparate need of a ride down to the festival and camping buddies as well. I really want to go to this festival so will hitchhike if need be but I'm really hoping to avoid that. Anyone with room in their car? I swear, I'm normal. And I can help with driving too!
This is especially to those saying you only have 1 or 2 people in the car, get some good karma! GIVE ME A RIDE!

M Sparks
03-03-2008, 08:06 AM
My wife and I are quiet. Can we camp just south of the Canadian camping section? You guys are so much more pleasant to be around.

aperfectryan
03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
This will be my third Coachella.
Past 2 years, I made the trek down from Edmonton.
This year, I'll be driving down from Toronto.
Looking forward to a great time!

Sasker82
03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I am driving from Calgary, first time for my friends and I (hopefully 4 of us). Look for a big Saskatchewan flag and you found us! We have room for one, maybe two more ppl in the truck if anyone needs a lift.

JClemy
03-06-2008, 07:30 PM
My wife and I are quiet. Can we camp just south of the Canadian camping section? You guys are so much more pleasant to be around.

I heard the Canadian section was pretty fun last year. It would be hard to figure out a Canadian section cause then you might not be near the bar.

Stainofmind
03-07-2008, 12:01 AM
where are all the French Canadians at? I met some girls that had come all the way from Quebec City last year. They drove too.

topfiverecords
03-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm heading down from Calgary too for my first Coachella, purely to see The Verve! Flying into San Francisco first and spending a week around there before driving over to Indio for the festival. Hopefully I'll find this "canadian camping" area you guys are speaking of to party with everyone as I'm goin to this festival alone.

psychic friend
03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.coachella-direct.com/