PDA

View Full Version : For those new to this board and considering Coachella 2008

offyerhead
01-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Don't be put off by the posts here. I've been to Coachella twice and been an infrequent visitor to this Board for a few years and the asshole ratio is easily 50:1 (online compared to onsite).

Some people seem to live here and thrive on insulting those that don't but are looking for info. There's an expectation that you have the time to dive through dozens and dozens of threads and weed out all the fake rumours/info before posting.

The level of humour is incredibly low brow in general. You'd think you were on an Ozzfest message board most of the time.

But don't let it put you off. Both times I've gone (2004 and 2007) I had a great time and found people to be fun, helpful and interesting. Going to Coachella is a fantastic experience that is far greater than the sum of the bands playing. It's just too bad that isn't mirrored in the majority of the posts on this board.

full on idle
01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Well I, for one, am INSULTED! How dare you!

full on idle
01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
My heavens!

thelastgreatman
01-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Have you ever considered blowing me, thread-starter? Think about it.

airguitarvet
01-06-2008, 11:32 PM
I must say this- we are all shit talkers here- but were generally the coolest people here. why? we go to coachella all the time.

:D

welcome!

brokendesign
01-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't be put off by the posts here. I've been to Coachella twice and been an infrequent visitor to this Board for a few years and the asshole ratio is easily 50:1 (online compared to onsite).

Some people seem to live here and thrive on insulting those that don't but are looking for info. There's an expectation that you have the time to dive through dozens and dozens of threads and weed out all the fake rumours/info before posting.

The level of humour is incredibly low brow in general. You'd think you were on an Ozzfest message board most of the time.

But don't let it put you off. Both times I've gone (2004 and 2007) I had a great time and found people to be fun, helpful and interesting. Going to Coachella is a fantastic experience that is far greater than the sum of the bands playing. It's just too bad that isn't mirrored in the majority of the posts on this board.

hahahahaha, take your head out of your ass and lighten up.

microserfs21
01-07-2008, 06:31 PM
It is the internet, get over it. Obviously, people are going to be more of an ass on the internet where they are anonymous. If anyone takes anything negative on this message board or any other message board seriously they are an idiot. Besides, this board is very, very tame compared to others.

gaypalmsprings
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
http://portfolios.gmu.edu/sample_portfolio/ssi/images/cry.jpg

JustSteve
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
out of the 60,000 people who go to coachella, about 100 of them post here regularly. what is that, like .002%?

psychic friend
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
break on through to the other side

boarderwoozel3
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Whats this pf? A hint the Doors are reuniting & headlining...
Morrison will rise from the grave!

Hannahrain
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Swarche?

nothingman00
01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!!!

dontfeedthebird
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Whats this pf? A hint the Doors are reuniting & headlining...
Morrison will rise from the grave!

I'm taking it as a hint Val Kilmer is headlining.

microlovebeat
01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
val kilmer was so fucking ridiculous in the hobbit

gaypalmsprings
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I think Val Kilmer is one of the cavemen in the GEICO commercials

boarderwoozel3
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM

OH! There should be a celeb band stage! Billy Bob Thornton could headline. Who wouldn't want to see Juliette and the licks at sunset?!

superfiction
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
but were generally the coolest people here. why? we go to coachella all the time.

at least twice a year

microlovebeat
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
OH! There should be a celeb band stage! Billy Bob Thornton could headline. Who wouldn't want to see Juliette and the licks at sunset?!

i can't remember who posted it but someone was wondering why brad pitt didn't come out and sing Where Is My Mind since scarlett came out with JMAC. it brings a god awful hilarious picture to my mind. he could sing the WHOO-OOO parts.

boarderwoozel3
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
i can't remember who posted it but someone was wondering why brad pitt didn't come out and sing Where Is My Mind since scarlett came out with JMAC. it brings a god awful hilarious picture to my mind. he could sing the WHOO-OOO parts.

speaking of, Kim Deal is going to be there :)! But not with the pixies :mad: Oh well, I'll take the breeders. :dumbo

lowfront
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Ya the biggest dick head poster ever

delta

He was the only person I meet at coachella on the board, and he was actually really cool.

paulb
01-07-2008, 11:23 PM

RIDERS ON THE STORM ARE PLAYING COACHELLA!!!!!

lol

captncrzy
01-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Wait, this isn't Ozzfest?

faxman75
01-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Leave it to a fucking Canadian.

I'm new to the internets. I had no idea that people are nicer in person. I figured Coachella was a bunch of raging lunatics yelling at eachother and fighting nonstop all day and all night and bitching over and over and spitting on people.

shut up....stay in canada you douchenozzle.

luveebunni08
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
obviously you didn't see all the lame rage threads last year. the board was awesome until the lineup was released.

fatbastard
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Who creates a post to apolgize to new new board members when the same person has only 100 posts in a 1 year period?

You sir, either your are an asshole or someone who has several mannequins and PCs in your parent’s house.

captncrzy
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
haha douchenozzle. that's a good one.

Melanie.Dawn
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Whatever, I'm on this guys side. You've all responded to his post about being ignorant assholes but being, *surprise* Ignorant assholes!

arie117
01-08-2008, 12:35 PM

hes camping near the salton sea

microserfs21
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/dumbledorexdies/serious_dontyouknow.jpg

luveebunni08
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Whatever, I'm on this guys side. You've all responded to his post about being ignorant assholes but being, *surprise* Ignorant assholes!

it's playful banter.

letitbe_
01-08-2008, 07:19 PM
I myself am quite excited to join your ranks, dear sirs and ladies!

BeeII
01-24-2008, 12:11 PM

Fuck it you know what?

No more Mr. Nice Guy, I come in your threads and I post so that you think someone gives a damn about your stupid worthless so called "life" well this is the end of the fucking line. From now on im gonna make your message board life a living hell and you cant do anything about it except burn, and if someone comes to put the fire out ill tear them down like a tree limb by limb just like I did you. I almost want you to test me just so I can unleash the beast on your sorry ass and be done with you forever so go ahead and give me the green light,******.

waxybk
01-24-2008, 12:32 PM

Life's a bitch and then you die.

If I really needed a letter like this when I first started posting on this board I wouldn't have lasted a day. If you can't handle things that are posted directly or indirectly at you, then chances are you shouldn't be a part of a message board. Unless you say things that deem you as worthless as the gum stuck under a desk, I'm pretty sure you will be ok. And if you read this ass clown's message about what this message board is about...and then say to yourself...wow thanks for the advice...YOU SUCK.

Tip of the day....DON'T STAND UP IN A CANOE!!!!!!!

Mr.Wyndham
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
this is the greatest message board ever.

Wheres the beef?
01-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Fuck it you know what?

No more Mr. Nice Guy, I come in your threads and I post so that you think someone gives a damn about your stupid worthless so called "life" well this is the end of the fucking line. From now on im gonna make your message board life a living hell and you cant do anything about it except burn, and if someone comes to put the fire out ill tear them down like a tree limb by limb just like I did you. I almost want you to test me just so I can unleash the beast on your sorry ass and be done with you forever so go ahead and give me the green light,******.

Go get em, Tiger!

Psicosis
01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!!!

Oh go and marry a carrot.

coldstart
01-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Fuck it you know what?

Lol! You're a very violent person. I hope you were planning on skipping this year.

Wheres the beef?
02-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Coachella is serious business.

jimmycrackcorn
02-17-2008, 08:06 AM

-shrugs-

sbessiso
02-17-2008, 08:24 AM

theyre so good, i <3 juliette lewis

greghead
02-17-2008, 09:11 AM
hes camping near the salton sea

Let's hope he eats the fish and drinks the water he finds there

Sonicifyouwantit
02-17-2008, 09:49 AM

youve only been to coachella twice?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Naw just kidding)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I must say this- we are all shit talkers here- but were generally the coolest people here. why? we go to coachella all the time.

:D

welcome!

Yep...this is us right here....we just have a "enlighten" sense of humor...

zenidogx
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
what do you expect when you gather a bunch of music snobs? i'm new, but don't really care. i expected assholes after seeing all the radiohead requests. burn. laughoutloud, etc.

HowToDisappear
02-17-2008, 04:36 PM

So do I.

cooperb1
02-17-2008, 05:55 PM
i love this board

kreutz2112
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
The internet is a clear and accurate representation of real life.

Bahamut727
02-18-2008, 07:36 PM
While I'm not sure its necessary to post this as a disclaimer to new members, I totally agree with what this guy is saying. Sometimes people really need to lighten up. Some people place their opinions so high above everyone else's that they don't realize how idiotic they are being.

But if this message prevented you from deleting your account, you do need to grow some thicker skin :)

sbessiso
02-19-2008, 03:43 AM

dont forget now, he's KITT in the new "knight rider" replacing our favorite Bluth, Will Arnett

M Sparks
02-19-2008, 06:32 AM

AVpp20uy12M

M Sparks
02-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Who wouldn't want to see Juliette and the licks at sunset?!

MeMeMeMeMEdefinitelyme. Ugh...how the fuck did she get to open for Muse?

Watch the camera get sucked into her vagina at 0:45
8tOJYNwmPt0

Harrisment
02-23-2008, 02:58 PM
The internet is a clear and accurate representation of real life.

The Utah Jazz are the biggest punch of pansy floppers ever assembled. How anyone could have so little self respect to be a fan of that team is beyond me.

JClemy
02-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Leave it to a fucking Canadian.

I'm new to the internets. I had no idea that people are nicer in person. I figured Coachella was a bunch of raging lunatics yelling at eachother and fighting nonstop all day and all night and bitching over and over and spitting on people.

shut up....stay in canada you douchenozzle.

Hey! Don't blame Candians! We can be just as rude and mean as you. Also douchenozzle was pretty funny.

This dude doesn't represent Canadians. I mean what the hell! "Don't worry people are rude! Coachella is nice!". This is going to be one of those cockjockeys who gets heat stroke the first day and then complains for three days that the paramedics that gave him water and shade weren't worried about him enough. Then everyone will proceed to make fun of him.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Coachella is serious business.

BIG TIME STUFF, BIG TIME STUFF!

joppy-slow
02-28-2008, 05:19 PM

28wfJbTdG98

Sonicifyouwantit
02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
The ARISTOCRATS! (fingers snapping)

NiceArthur32
02-29-2008, 03:51 AM
wait... so you mean to tell me that anytime anyone at coachella says something stupid or unfunny everyone doesnt pull out 8x10 pictures of random shit that say "FAIL" on them?

fuck!
looks like i'm gonna have to leave these in my car...

=(

dontfeedthebird
02-29-2008, 08:41 AM
And who said there wasn't gonna be comedy this year?

http://www.boomerangshop.com/dvdcover/imageweb15/BillEngvallHeresYourSig2353_f.jpg

nutcase890
03-02-2008, 11:50 AM

BUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRPPPPPP

JJizzle04
03-03-2008, 08:46 AM
If we're talking about celebrity surprise shows, then you can't forget Coconut Pete.

Pinacoladaberg!!!

greghead
03-08-2008, 12:12 AM
The Utah Jazz are the biggest punch of pansy floppers ever assembled. How anyone could have so little self respect to be a fan of that team is beyond me.

Apparently you don't follow basketball. The Jazz are in 4th place in a ridiculously tough Wester Conference. Maybe do a little research before you start talking out of your ass about things you don't know about.

Cammo
03-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I've noticed no MODS or ADMINS to put people in their place when need be. If you don't have structure then you're just going to have a bunch of rubbish. Not necessarily assholes just random ass bandwagons jumpers through out the site...

Am I wrong? Do this site have MODS or ADMINS? Where the fuck are they?

ZonkerB
03-15-2008, 12:48 PM

ohmyhell! I thought I was the only one who saw him under that fur!