PDA

View Full Version : New Thread for New Shit

nothingman00
01-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Because I don't feel like wading through threads (and didn't see anything on page 1 that commented on this):

British Sea Power's new album "Do You Like Rock and Roll?" has leaked and is fantastic. Not as good as "Decline of..." but definitely as good as "Open Season".

On a similar note, I'm sure FOI has posted a missive (or perhaps, many missives) about this, but the new Mountain Goats album "Heretic Pride" leaked a few weeks ago and is yet another brilliant piece of work. It should be stated that I already pre-ordered both albums after downloading the leaked albums: I'm not taking money out of John D or Yan's pockets...

Finally, (as I'm sure ewiggy and/or Hannah have mentioned), the Okkervil River site has had a nice mixtape of various covers recorded and released before christmas. Quite a diverse sampling of musicians being covered (Joni Mitchell, John Cale, Randy Newman!, John Phillips, Jimmy Webb!) but all intricately linked to the same themes of The Stage Names. If you hate Okkervil, you'll hate the mix, if you love Okkervil, you'll cherish it (and you'll get a glimpse of the what the orchestral Hogg Auditorium show was like with "Listening to Otis Redding at Home...").

Good stuff already in late '07-early '08. Again, sorry if I'm reposting shit that's already been discussed ad nauseam.

bmack86
01-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Welcome back.

I just listened to the new Boredoms single. It's a studio recording of a 13 minute Voordoms jam cut into two tracks, and it's electric. That show will be the best thing of the year. There's no way anything else will come close.

The Vampire Weekend album leaked, and I can't hear much difference in quality between the demo and this, which is to say that it's still good, albeit pretty much the Blue cd with a few extra tracks.

nothingman00
01-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Welcome back.

I just listened to the new Boredoms single. It's a studio recording of a 13 minute Voordoms jam cut into two tracks, and it's electric. That show will be the best thing of the year. There's no way anything else will come close.

The Vampire Weekend album leaked, and I can't hear much difference in quality between the demo and this, which is to say that it's still good, albeit pretty much the Blue cd with a few extra tracks.

bmack,
What's the title of the new Boredoms single? I'll be trying to check that out soon.

bmack86
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
it's a single packed with a 60 minute DVD of a live show at San Francisco.

It's called Live at Sunflancisco.

Alchemy
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Sons and Daughter's new album also leaked, I believe. I don't know if we already all know that. I saw it trying to get introduced with them since they are confirmed and all.

shakermaker113
01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Sons and Daughter's new album also leaked, I believe. I don't know if we already all know that. I saw it trying to get introduced with them since they are confirmed and all.

ooh -- can you pm me a link pls? I'd love to get a hold of that.

Alchemy
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
ooh -- can you pm me a link pls? I'd love to get a hold of that.

I saw it on bittorrent. I just looked up Sons and Daughters.

But... I don't know I listened to it and it was sort of crappy. Maybe it wasn't them?

Is the vocalist for S&D a woman?

bballarl
01-06-2008, 08:23 PM
it's a single packed with a 60 minute DVD of a live show at San Francisco.

It's called Live at Sunflancisco.

I'll be buying that tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxxx
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
the new black mountain album is great. the new earth is good too.

Wheres the beef?
01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Because I don't feel like wading through threads (and didn't see anything on page 1 that commented on this):

What? What do you mean? I thought thats all you fucking do. Way to start another bullshit thread dipshit.

full on idle
01-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Take an eensy step back, junior.

I don't see anything bullshit about a consolidated thread. Good place for people to find other people to PM about things they bring up.

gaypalmsprings
01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
This shit has some new threads...

http://oldgits.biz/thegits/Hanky.jpg

bballarl
01-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Also, there are new Jesus and Mary Chain demos on their Myspace.

nothingman00
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
What? What do you mean? I thought thats all you fucking do. Way to start another bullshit thread dipshit.

Tryin' to desperately get some "board cred", huh? Cute...

J~$$$
01-07-2008, 09:27 AM
l-8AdFnJA-o

J~$$$
01-07-2008, 09:27 AM
HTPFGrCqVh0&feature

kreutz2112
01-07-2008, 10:37 AM
The new Catpower covers album "Jukebox" leaked as did the new Los Campesinos! album. I did not know about this okkervil mix tape thingy, thanks nothingman!

canexplain
01-07-2008, 10:45 AM
welcome back nothingman, havent seen you in a bit .. yea, i tried starting a thread daily with the date as the title, just for random stuff, but most people thought it was lame ... canx**

goatparade
01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
anyone know where i can find the vampire weekend album.....i hope they are at Coachella. I imagine they will be

TomAz
01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Finally, (as I'm sure ewiggy and/or Hannah have mentioned), the Okkervil River site has had a nice mixtape of various covers recorded and released before christmas.

actually no I don't beleive they have mentioned this. hmph.

C DUB YA
01-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I love how the Catpower post follows the Catdumping vids.

nothingman00
01-07-2008, 11:50 AM
actually no I don't beleive they have mentioned this. hmph.

Wow Tom,
I was positive Kristen would have posted something about it. Download it NOW. As an Okkervil fan, you'll love it.

http://www.okkervilriver.com/index.php

Actually has real good sound quality as well. Surprisingly good.

amyzzz
01-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Kristen hasn't been here much.

TomAz
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow Tom,
I was positive Kristen would have posted something about it. Download it NOW. As an Okkervil fan, you'll love it.

http://www.okkervilriver.com/index.php

Actually has real good sound quality as well. Surprisingly good.

yeah. I was positive she'd've at least told me.

I downloaded it after I read your original post.

suprefan
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Sorry, gotta plug my friends music on here. Read on and check it out..

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5489/distancesr5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

www.myspace.com/thehanks

Hello all,
As you may have guessed from all the mysterious bulletins, we have some big news. WE’RE PREGNANT.... WITH OUR 2ND ALBUM!!! The due date is 3.7.08 and we are freaking excited. We are calling it “Distance” (if it’s a boy, and “Jasmine” if it’s a girl--let’s hope it’s a boy).

We need your help, though, to get this sucker out. We are releasing this without a label, and have done all the fundraising ourselves for this album so far. We’re actually in the studio right now finishing things up, but we’re putting it in your hands to raise the rest of the money to press up the actual CDs. There are two ways to help.

First off, you can pre-order our album over to the left there (we take paypal, credit card, or really good parental begging). Your copy will be sent on the day of the release along with a super limited acoustic track that is going to be available only to those who buy the album in advance. In case you didn’t get that, the ONLY way you will EVER be able to get this track, is from the pre-sale (hint, hint).

Then, for those who like to go the extra mile, we also put a donate button up. Even if you can only do a couple bucks, it all adds up and is a big help. You don’t get an album with this one, but you do get huge amounts of gratitude and love!

To kick off all of the excitement, we’ve put a rough mix of a new song up on our player. We will be adding a new song or video once a week, so keep coming back to check things out. Now go buy an album or donate some dough and help us make this record!

Much love,
The Hanks

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 06:32 PM
New Shit:

This election is starting to tear me up. How in the fuck does a poll with a margin of error of +/- 4 points turn out to be 12 points off??? I'm so fucking sick of the nepotism in this country. Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush II-Bush II-Clinton??? Give me a fucking break. I'd rather elect anyone from this board than these fucks. Obama or nobody on the Dem. side. Ron Paul or nobody on the Republican side. Give me some fucking sanity here. This shit is sick and personally, I think there's some monkey biz going on here. A 10 point tracking poll lead doesn't disappear in 24 hours...

Cpt. Funkaho
01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Obama or nobody on the Dem. side.

What he said.

I have caucused with the other walruses and we are prepared to offer Barack Obama the unconditional support of our valuable swing demographic. His message of hope and change resonates strongly with us, as we are forced by the processes of climate change to spend more and more time on land due to melting pack ice. 4,000 walruses, mostly women and children, died in a stampede in Kamchatka last summer. That's worse than 9/11.

Those of you who don't think walruses can alter the course of the electoral tide have obviously never been to Alaska.

full on idle
01-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Don't post links to leaks or full albums on the board, nothingman.

psychic friend
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
wb nothingman, how is school going?

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 07:59 PM
wb nothingman, how is school going?

SCHOOL=DONE!!!

Yo Dani,
Sorry about the link thingy. My bad. My bad. I don't really read up on the rules and shit. It's a defect, for sure.

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Don't post links to leaks or full albums on the board, nothingman.

Don't talk to me assface, I don't work for you yet.

Wheres the beef?
01-08-2008, 08:07 PM
New Shit:

This election is starting to tear me up. How in the fuck does a poll with a margin of error of +/- 4 points turn out to be 12 points off??? I'm so fucking sick of the nepotism in this country. Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush II-Bush II-Clinton??? Give me a fucking break. I'd rather elect anyone from this board than these fucks. Obama or nobody on the Dem. side. Ron Paul or nobody on the Republican side. Give me some fucking sanity here. This shit is sick and personally, I think there's some monkey biz going on here. A 10 point tracking poll lead doesn't disappear in 24 hours...

You, personally, think there is some monkey biz going on. Think?
Really? Are you fucking just getting this now? Are seriously just fucking figuring out how rigged the election system has become? Are you that fucking naive to actually believe in the current way we elect politicians? What tipped you off? Hilary? John Kerry? Hahahaha. I mean, ignoring the blatant voter fraud, hackable-no-trace e-voting machines, voter purging, there are so many examples of soft/passive influence and the ridiculous amounts of money being thrown at politicians that even a fucking half wit like you should be able to put 2 + 2 together. Wow.

gaypalmsprings
01-08-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.emailgoodies.faketrix.com/content/pix/priceless/original-files/priceless-Mastercard-picture-kids-superhero-costumes-underwear-skidmarks.jpg

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
You, personally, think there is some monkey biz going on. Think?
Really? Are you fucking just getting this now? Are seriously just fucking figuring out how rigged the election system has become? Are you that fucking naive to actually believe in the current way we elect politicians? What tipped you off? Hilary? John Kerry? Hahahaha. I mean, ignoring the blatant voter fraud, hackable-no-trace e-voting machines, voter purging, there are so many examples of soft/passive influence and the ridiculous amounts of money being thrown at politicians that even a fucking half wit like you should be able to put 2 + 2 together. Wow.

Again, you look pathetic trying to get board cred... Where did I state that I'm just coming around to this realization? Seriously dude, your balls need to drop ASAP because right now, I think you're a 16 year old douchey, white-Urkel who's desperately clinging to the one thing you have going for you: internet bravado through perceived anonymity. 4:20 DUDE!!! YAH!!! RIGHT ON!!!

We cool now? 'Cause uh, it's 11:30PM and you have a big day in Social Studies and dance-team practice tomorrow.

Wheres the beef?
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Again, you look pathetic trying to get board cred... Where did I state that I'm just coming around to this realization? Seriously dude, your balls need to drop ASAP because right now, I think you're a 16 year old douchey, white-Urkel who's desperately clinging to the one thing you have going for you: internet bravado through perceived anonymity. 4:20 DUDE!!! YAH!!! RIGHT ON!!!

We cool now? 'Cause uh, it's 11:30PM and you have a big day in Social Studies and dance-team practice tomorrow.

Aw, poh wittle Randy is sad. So sick of the nepotism in this country. Bush-Clinton-Bush II-Clinton II. He just figured it out! Randy sees a pattern and is suspicious there might be some monkey biz going on! ZOMG!

And again, as I have already pointed out in length with nary an objection from you is that you are a fucking loser with no friends or meaningful social life who cant hold down a job and has no meaningful career or income to speak of except that "screenplay" you are "shopping around". I'm not the one who is holding on to "board-cred" (whatever the fuck that is) like its life. Look, we all know you have nothing else going in your life. Its OK man. Some people like you are just completely socially inept and all they have are internet message boards.

Oh yeah man! 420! Woohoo! Not quite sure what thats suppose to mean, but yeah, run with it!

And I dont know why you are attempting to ridicule me about school when you posted not 1 hour ago "SCHOOL=DONE" whatever that means. What did you get? Your GED? I graduated college with a degree two years ago. So just shut the fuck up rotationslimwangnothingmanlastcuntface

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Aw, poh wittle Randy is sad. So sick of the nepotism in this country. Bush-Clinton-Bush II-Clinton II. He just figured it out! Randy sees a pattern and is suspicious there might be some monkey biz going on! ZOMG!

And again, as I have already pointed out in length with nary an objection from you is that you are a fucking loser with no friends or meaningful social life who cant hold down a job and has no meaningful career or income to speak of except that "screenplay" you are "shopping around". I'm not the one who is holding on to "board-cred" (whatever the fuck that is) like its life. Look, we all know you have nothing else going in your life. Its OK man. Some people like you are just completely socially inept and all they have are internet message boards.

Oh yeah man! 420! Woohoo! Not quite sure what thats suppose to mean, but yeah, run with it!

And I dont know why you are attempting to ridicule me about school when you posted not 1 hour ago "SCHOOL=DONE" whatever that means. What did you get? Your GED? I graduated college with a degree two years ago. So just shut the fuck up rotationslimwangnothingmanlastcuntface

Wow! You have me pegged.
First off, I got my MBA. I graduated Undergrad from UT in 2002, then worked, then went back and got my MBA. So, yeah, I've had jobs.

Second, I'm certainly not Randy. He would be as pissed as I am at this shit.

Third, I'm married to a beautiful woman, have a beautiful daughter and have more friends than I could possibly deserve. I'm actually pretty fucking blessed when all is said and done.

Finally, I care about board cred about as much as GayPalmSprings cares about pussy.

Somewhat Damaged
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Uh, nothingman isn't an alias of Randy's.

roberto73
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
if nothing else, this thread has given us definitive proof of kingsblend's reading comprehension skills.

Here's something a little more your speed:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7391/djguess1vi4.jpg

Wheres the beef?
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Uh, nothingman isn't an alias of Randy's.

No way.

Wheres the beef?
01-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow! You have me pegged.
First off, I got my MBA. I graduated Undergrad from UT in 2002, then worked, then went back and got my MBA. So, yeah, I've had jobs.

Second, I'm certainly not Randy. He would be as pissed as I am at this shit.

Third, I'm married to a beautiful woman, have a beautiful daughter and have more friends than I could possibly deserve. I'm actually pretty fucking blessed when all is said and done.

Finally, I care about board cred about as much as GayPalmSprings cares about pussy.

My apologies to you then.

thelastgreatman
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
This thread is a good example of why you should come help me educate Kingsblend via poll form:

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13864

Alchemy
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
How embarrassing.

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
P.S. 2,900 posts in 10 months while calling me a message board freak is priceless. Listen skippy, you need to seriously calm down.

Wheres the beef?
01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Serious is right. That was highly uncalled for and I am very embarrassed. I need a break from this place. Im out.

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 09:25 PM
My apologies to you then.

Who cares? It's a fucking internet message board. If I were you, I would have insulted my wife and daughter, talked about how worthless an MBA is in today's working environment, and said that gaypalmsprings loves pussy like Randy loves junk.

letitbe_
01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Raise your hand if you have every Mountain Goats song ever made

::raises hand::

I'm not sure if I should be proud of this.

full on idle
01-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Don't talk to me assface, I don't work for you yet.

yet...

full on idle
01-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Raise your hand if you have every Mountain Goats song ever made

::raises hand::

I'm not sure if I should be proud of this.

:: pukes in mouth::

full on idle
01-08-2008, 10:00 PM
ps shut up for now

letitbe_
01-08-2008, 10:11 PM
:: pukes in mouth::

That's not the only thing you have in your mouth.

Hannahrain
01-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Ohmygod, an innuendo. I'm not sure what to do. I've never encountered one before.

I feel like I should take a picture or something but I don't want to be too touristy.

BROKENDOLL
01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Serious is right. That was highly uncalled for and I am very embarrassed. I need a break from this place. Im out.
Not that you've ever stuck up for me, but had this error not been an identity crisis in the end, I would have said you hit the nail on the head with your attack.

BROKENDOLL
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Giggling...

nothingman00
01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
yet...

Actually, I totally fucked up that quote, huh?

It's: "Don't talk to me like that assface, I don't work for you yet."

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to consult with Mr. Underwood.

full on idle
01-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I haven't seen that in forever. Need to add it to the queue.

ShyGuy75
01-09-2008, 12:24 AM
LMFAO at all of this.

Kingsblend, I feel your pain man. My blood pressure was boiling tonight after Hilldog cried herself to the win. I almost went trenchcoat with you on everything in sight.

A little herb, and a few breathing exercises later, some In Rainbows and it went down a few notches.

Hang in there man. The lineup is right around the corner, and Radiohead is playing, so its all good.

nothingman00
01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh my, a security threat during a Giuliani event. How conveniently timed!

thelastgreatman
01-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Kingsblend's meltdown on Zach reminds me a lot of Zach's meltdown on everybody about a month ago. That shit was hilarious.

Zach, I'm pretty sure we can expect an unprecedented amount of Republican sponsored terrorism throughout the campaign. They're gonna put Giuliani up I think, and what else does he have to run on? I just wonder how far they'd take it if they're losing in the polls come October.

nothingman00
01-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey TomAZ (and anyone else who might have downloaded that free Okkervil mixtape from their site),

trying to get opinions on this. Personally, I can't get over the cover of Sandy Denny's "Solo" just because Will sung it so well (better than Denny, in my opinion)... The cover of Joni's "Blonde in the Bleachers" doesn't compare to "Solo" but is pretty good, nonetheless. "April Anne" is also a standout, though there are no bad tracks. "I Came Here to Say I'm Going Away" is damn fine also...

Seems as though nobody else is as excited about the album as I am... Even the Okkervil mb has been relatively quiet about it (with the exception of "Listening to Otis Redding at home During Christmas").