PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe for me to go to Coachella if I'm pregnant?

briannat
01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Answers...please.

thelastgreatman
01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
How pregnant are you?

We'll probably need to see your tits first.

briannat
01-05-2008, 09:24 PM
I'll ignore that part...
Right now I'm close to hitting 5 months.

miscorrections
01-05-2008, 09:27 PM
If you want to squeeze one out at the festival, then sure.

gaypalmsprings
01-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Are you married?

algunz
01-05-2008, 09:31 PM
When is your due date?

superfiction
01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
whats your favorite color?

Courtney
01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Did you see this thread (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13659)?

algunz
01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
"Is he brown? Would he like to join us for a cocktail?"

briannat
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
My due date is June 5th.

:winkiss

gaypalmsprings
01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Are you married? Do you know who the father is?

algunz
01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
You should be golden, as long as all are healthy and you are prepared for anything.

briannat
01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Are you married? Do you know who the father is?

If you keep mouthing off you'll know who the daddy is.

gaypalmsprings
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.fastjoker.com/funnypic/pregnant_barbie.jpg

thelastgreatman
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm pretty sure we're gonna need to see your tits. Sorry. Look, I don't enjoy this any more than you do, honestly.

fatbastard
01-05-2008, 10:02 PM
This is why I love this board. People helping people.

Boourns
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
To offer something productive, I've seen very obviously pregnant women at Coachella, especially the one(s) in bikinis in 2005. One actually gave birth at Coachella that year!

Is it safe? Well, the environment is potentially dangerous for anyone. If you play it safe (spend as much time in the shade as possible, staying hydrated and fed, pacing yourself, have plenty of personal when seeing bands, etc), then you and baby will be just fine :)

There are EMT's on-site, and if you ever feel unwell, find someone in a shiny yellow jacket and they will summon one.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-06-2008, 06:24 AM
as long as you stay in the shade during the day and away from the tight crowds during the evening it should be fine...

McFearless
01-06-2008, 07:21 AM
You will be safe. It will just be so fucking uncomfortable I am assuming. All the extra weight, the bloated feet. The walking. Its bad for a fattie like me, if you're with child I can only assume all the hormones and shit will not make it so fun.

captncrzy
01-06-2008, 08:13 AM
"Is he brown? Would he like to join us for a cocktail?"

One of my favorite movies of all time.

as long as you stay in the shade during the day and away from the tight crowds during the evening it should be fine...

Uh, you're not a girl-you can't speak to this.

Look-it really depends on your tolerance of the heat, how much weight you're carrying around, how your pregnancy is going. If you were going to be in your second trimester, I'd say go for it-I remember feeling pretty damn good during my second trimester. I remember going to an all day music festival out at Compton Terrace (I think it was Springfest) and I felt great.

My third trimester, I was pregnant during the entire summer. It was one of the most uncomfortable times of my life (and I was only 19 at the time). I was hot all the time, and I slept a good 16 hours a day. I also puked a lot and had swollen ankles, etc. I can't imagine going to a music festival out in 100 degree temperatures for three days. I know people do it, but I don't get how they tolerate it. I'd say stay home and take care of yourself, and save your health and your money for your baby. You'll need both.

gaypalmsprings
01-06-2008, 09:31 AM
If you break water 10 times, you can get one free refill.

JustSteve
01-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Uh, you're not a girl-you can't speak to this.

Look-it really depends on your tolerance of the heat, how much weight you're carrying around, how your pregnancy is going. If you were going to be in your second trimester, I'd say go for it-I remember feeling pretty damn good during my second trimester. I remember going to an all day music festival out at Compton Terrace (I think it was Springfest) and I felt great.

My third trimester, I was pregnant during the entire summer. It was one of the most uncomfortable times of my life (and I was only 19 at the time). I was hot all the time, and I slept a good 16 hours a day. I also puked a lot and had swollen ankles, etc. I can't imagine going to a music festival out in 100 degree temperatures for three days. I know people do it, but I don't get how they tolerate it. I'd say stay home and take care of yourself, and save your health and your money for your baby. You'll need both.

uh, you basically said the same thing teamcoach did, just with a bunch more words. good job.

goodgrl
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM

LOL!

how would you fare in the heat if you werent pregnant?
if you have a low tolerance to heat and going to be about 8mos preggos
I would say dont bother.

Botrocker
01-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Classic!!

tripzz
01-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I would not want my anyone I knew going while pregnant just because of the intense heat , it could be 110+ just be prepared also there are still alot of people who smoke cigarettes+... and if there is band there like Rage stay the hell out of the pit.... oh and no camping. you need a soft bed and quiet... oh and if for some hellish reason U2 plays your baby may become self centered and arrogant for listening to the "anti christs" horrible voice... bewary of Bono .... imho....

brokendesign
01-06-2008, 01:50 PM
no pregos alowed. come back when your not swollen...
but seriously are you insane thats just asking for it.
worse idea ever.

emtgreg
01-06-2008, 02:06 PM
ok, this constitutes my personal opinion, but an experienced personal opinion...

but, yeah, this is a terrible idea, if you are 8 or 9 months preggo, you need to be extremely careful...

think about this for a second...

heat + dehydration + smoke + bad food + intense exercise/activity + extremely loud noises + heavy traveling + pregnancy = horrible outcome that you, as a potential mother, should be horrified to consider.

Wait a year, and even then baby stays at grandma/Grandpa for the weekend...

If you feel that my advice, or any advice or comments offered by anyone on this board, is not reasonable; then get a valid opinion, from someone important and knowledgeable, I.E. YOUR DOCTOR, NOT THE INTERNET.

If you are at all smart then you are already on first name basis with your obgyn, and you can call & ask and get an answer from them...

</rant>

karecares
01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
based on the need for bathroom use that all my pregnant friends had i dont think you'd have a chance to see any of the shows! you'll be in the johns the whole time

woogie846
01-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I say no, do not attend Coachella this year.

Stay home, take it easy, and watch the webcast.

McFearless
01-06-2008, 03:39 PM

This just made me like gay people.

Sushov23
01-06-2008, 03:52 PM
That is some fucking classic shit right there GAYPalm. And no you would not be ok while almost 8 months pregnant while at coachella, well that is if you can't stand 110 degree heat.

algunz
01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I was 7 months and fine, at 8 months I think I would have been fine, even at 9 months it probably wouldn't have been a problem.

But, my pregnancy was easy. If it's your first, they are usually late. As I said, be prepared for anything and drink lots of water.

Glamour Damaged
01-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I wouldnt go if I was 8 months pregnant.

boyalien0
01-11-2008, 02:04 PM
:nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono :nono

I may not be female, but I've been going to Coachella for seven years and this next one will make it eight. Don't be a fucking moron. Stay home.

alpharuin
01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Don't be a fucking moron. Stay home.

What this person said.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
You must be angry at the baby whenever it steals your food, huh? Ohh that's mine, not yours. But, you know, because you're family you gotta share.

karecares
01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
classic

pandaroo
01-16-2008, 05:04 PM
My due date is June 5th.

:winkiss

that puts you at 8months. I say no. its really hot and you will be miserable and big. wait till next year when you can move around more freely and not worry about going into labor at Coachella. although, that would be a great story

algunz
01-16-2008, 09:47 PM
7 1/2 months
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/IMG_0731.jpg

A few days later - just thought it was a cool pic.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/almost.jpg

pandaroo
01-17-2008, 02:56 PM
thats really cute!

Jinx16
01-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Coachella = too much smoke

sames44
01-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Algunz, you're awesome - I'd probably try it if my dates were better - my due date is May 2nd, cutting it way to close for sure. Plus there's no way in hell I can manage 100+ trips to the porta potties with a belly that big if I was brave enough to try...hopefully someone will post nightly Coachella updates telling us knocked up saps who aren't there how much we're missing out on. How many pregnant chicks are braving it this year & how many weeks will you be?

BeeII
01-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I dunno, I'm a guy, so I can't speak from personal experience except to say the body takes a punishment at coachella. If someone I cared about floated the idea of going to coachella and they were with child, I'd say they're crazy, why risk it?

kitten_calamity
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
How many pregnant chicks are braving it this year & how many weeks will you be?

I'm going to be about 25 weeks by the time Coachella rolls around. Since this is my first pregnancy, I figured if I feel too crappy by that time I can sell my tickets. If all is well, I will definitely be there!

beartrash
01-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Why don't you ask the Doctor at the clinic?

fire_in_cairo
01-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I dunno, I'm a guy, so I can't speak from personal experience except to say the body takes a punishment at coachella. If someone I cared about floated the idea of going to coachella and they were with child, I'd say they're crazy, why risk it?

"with child" ?? I love it:thu

lostsoul86
01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Answers...please.

thats a dumb question of course its not its gonna be hot hot hot out there its a concert which is no place for someone thats about to pop and if u were carrying my child i wouldnt let u go

hendrixfan143
01-23-2008, 07:50 PM
just stand in the handicap section if your worried about getting squished

All That I Am
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Any real man wouldn't let his pregnant wife go to coachella.

manila
01-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Why don't you ask the Doctor at the clinic?

any doctor would say no. most women go on maternity leave when they are 7 or 8 months pregnant. those are the people who don't even have strenuous work to deal with.

dude...3 days is very uncomfortable in your condition. that's just comfort...think about the risk on you and your baby. it's going to be very stressful...stress isn't healthy when you are that pregnant. popping out a baby at coachella would be cool tho. but...risky.

.:christine:.
01-25-2008, 09:15 AM

any real woman wouldn't deke out of something because her 'man' told her not to go.

that said, I definately wouldn't go if i were 8 months pregnant.... but, i'm from canada, and the heat is ALREADY murder ;)

Courtney
01-25-2008, 10:07 AM

ugh

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
01-25-2008, 10:22 AM
gaypalmsprings, you better not flake this year. for real. too funny.

also, same thing i posted in the other topic: "it's obviously a very personal thing for you, topic poster. if you are in the condition to handle lots of walking around or possibly uncomfortable amounts of standing if conditions are the worst, go. otherwise, i say you really need to know yourself well enough that you don't have to ask this question.

but i'd be glad to see you there! spark one up for the baby!"

TJimmer
01-26-2008, 11:53 PM
My wife was there in '02 at about 4 mos. and it was a little hard for her even then. We were up front for Foo Fighters and they led with "One By One" which starts out quiet and then kicks into super loud. I always tell my daughter (now 5) that was the first song she ever heard. I doubt going there at 8 mos. would produce a quaint story. I would guess it would be mightily uncomfortable at best.

Suffacated
01-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Why risk an injury?
Its hot, there is little shade and with the number of people there sometimes having too good of a time, the risk of shit happening goes way up.
It only takes one time... one person to accidentally run into you and the lives of two are changed for ever.

There will be another Coachella next year.

If you do end up at Coachella, please be careful.

amyzzz
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
any doctor would say no. most women go on maternity leave when they are 7 or 8 months pregnant. those are the people who don't even have strenuous work to deal with.

dude...3 days is very uncomfortable in your condition. that's just comfort...think about the risk on you and your baby. it's going to be very stressful...stress isn't healthy when you are that pregnant. popping out a baby at coachella would be cool tho. but...risky.
Um, no. At my work, we only get to go on maternity leave when we have the baby, unless there are extentuating circumstances. We're supposed to work until it's time. That pissed me off, but what can you do?

lostsoul86
01-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Um, no. At my work, we only get to go on maternity leave when we have the baby, unless there are extentuating circumstances. We're supposed to work until it's time. That pissed me off, but what can you do?

ur job fucking sucks .. and that sounds illegal .to me my friend was at 7 months and she was on maternity leave .

Mjfritts
01-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Stupid question. Stay away! And call the doctor. He would probably want a good laugh.

bleep
01-27-2008, 08:56 AM
have you ever been to coachella before? if you have, then i assume you know what to expect. if not, please expect intense heat and tight crowds, especially if you're hoping to catch your favorite band up close. not the best conditions for one in a more sensitive state, me thinks. i'm anemic and there have been times when the surrounding circumstances at coachella have caused me to feel lightheaded.

SFChrissy
01-28-2008, 07:34 AM
I was at a Maverick's Contest while in labor with my 2nd child...you'll still have 4-6 weeks before baby wants to come there shouldn't be a problem unless your pregnancy has been a high risk since the beginning...

My friend went to burning man last year 7 months prego...she did great!!!

C DUB YA
01-28-2008, 07:55 AM
well to be safe... I wouldn't go if I were you.

my wife was only 4 months at Lolla and we did (not even) half days there. It was hard on here standing around in 80 degree heat - Coachella is going to be harder temp wise and you'll be further along.

The bigger question is why would you even consider going at 8 months? I'm nopt going to preach to you, but being a parent myself - you gotta re arrange some prioritites. Not saying you don't or won't, just saying I'm not going this year and one reason is my one year old.

SFChrissy
01-28-2008, 07:59 AM

Gimme a fucking break...I worked up to my due date and another 2 weeks after that...she's just gonna be walking, sitting and maybe a little dancing...which will all be a positive form of exercise which she'll need for the delivery process...just cause a woman's pregnant doesn't mean the world stops and all of its functions...

amyzzz
01-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I think I would've been comfortable attending up to 8 months, personally.

MJ 6687
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
This is going to be my first Coachella and I will be 6 months. I still only look about 3 months, so I am pretty small and not carrying a lot of extra weight. I'm planning on dressing in loose, comfortable clothes with sandals. I'll definatly be drinking plenty of water. The bands I am planning to see are all in the evening and at night, so I won't have to worry about the sun and heat too much. I live not far from Palm Springs so I am already used to the desert heat. I'm just going to make sure and not be at the very front of any of the concerts. I think the walking around is really good for pregnant people, as long as you rest when you can and steer clear of smoke. I'm just a bit worried about my legs swelling. OK, that was my imput.

Creeper
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Do it your baby will love for it!

666 Cobra Clutch 666
04-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Crazy Fuckin Preggers
Keep Your Psycho Asses At Home.

megan26.2
04-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes, it's safe!!!! If you can run a marathon while pregnant, you can hang at Coachella! Just stay hydrated & in the shade. Oh, and - no alcohol! ;)