PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets from abroad

gupbuck
01-02-2008, 04:59 AM
Is anyone aware of problems in buying tickets by credit card from overseas? Is it a simple process or does one need an account that uses US dollars?

Ticketmaster isn't the easiest website in the world to use either.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-02-2008, 05:25 AM
There shouldn't be problems buying tickets from abroad by credit card (I almost made a joke about buying tickets from "a broad", but I showed admirable restraint), as they'll do the conversion for you (and dick you out of 2 cents on the dollar on the exchange rate), but if I remember correctly, last year people who bought tickets overseas had to either have their tickets mailed to them (no problem if you buy them early enough) or get them at Will Call, which turned out to be a horrid mess but apparently netted a lot of people free tickets for '08. That is to say, you can't print the tickets out yourself, and you may need to bring ID to the gate to get in- I don't remember if that was the case in '07.

I've found that Ticketmaster's site isn't so much difficult to use as its bullshit fees are difficult to stomach.

Good luck!

slurpee
01-02-2008, 05:48 AM
When I was studying in Japan I could not figure out how to buy concert tickets. Daft Punk was playing and I really wanted to go to the show.

As it turns out, you buy concert tickets at the convenience store on every corner out of a machine!

I didn't figure this out till after the show. I went to the show, bought tickets for cheaper from a scalper, and then the show sold out. It rawked.

gupbuck
01-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Great advice, thanks.

So, if I understand it correctly, it shouldn't be a problem to pay by credit card, and given the option I should get tickets sent to where I live overseas because Will Call is a mess.

One more question: does one have to buy a camping ticket separately, and do these sell out quickly?

Cpt. Funkaho
01-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Camping tickets are sold separately, but you can purchase them at the same time as the festival ticket. Last year they actually did sell out pretty quickly (that is, within a few weeks if I remember correctly).

parray
01-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I ordered tickets last year from Scotland, and they didn't even give me an option to deliver to Scotland.
I don't know where you live but if you're in Europe then I think it's a no go.

The only option for me was willcall, which as people have said was pretty tough. Because I camped onsite I got there a bit earlier than most, and only spent two or three hourse waiting, in comparison to people who were almost three times that.

The way it worked was, I picked up camping tickets on the Thursday night, and then had to queue for WillCall on Friday morning/afternoon. To get my tickets I had to have the bank card I bought the tickets with and some sort of ID, in my case it was a passport, I also had my reciept e-mail, but I can't remember exactly if I had to show it to anyone.

Hope that helps!

psychic friend
01-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I think the ticket page will be updated with NEW info for 2008 soon. Stay tuned.

brando4n82
01-07-2008, 09:38 AM
you are such a tease

psychic friend
01-07-2008, 09:52 AM
dude you are not even from abroad so shut up.

sonofhal
01-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Last year you could get them delivered if you got them on the presale - I reckon they'll mail/print them all out this year to avoid a repeat of the great willcall debacle of 07 (or double the size of the willcall area)

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-07-2008, 11:09 PM
You think they deliver the tickets to Central America? That would be nice.

Elazarus
01-08-2008, 08:31 AM
You think they deliver the tickets to Central America? That would be nice.

Of course they will, it's only places outside of America where Will Call is used.
I'm hoping that people outside the USA can print the tickets instead of Will Call, I think last year we weren't able to do that (god knows why not?)

Bud Luster
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I bought my Saturday tix from a broad in the camp ground last year. Nice girl actually.

gupbuck
01-11-2008, 05:32 AM
As much as I despise Ticketmaster for taking a cut of my ticket price without doing anything, I'd pay whatever it cost to courier my tickets to England.

Are they really stupid enough to use unregistered snail mail?

Hopefully they'll have sorted out last year's debacle.