PDA

View Full Version : SMASHING PUMPKINS COACHELLA

rhcp4ever
01-28-2007, 11:07 AM
For those that dont know the pumpkins have reunited (the article is at the bottom of this that talks about it) and how bad ass would it be if they took the friday night slot instead of Bjork. the pumpkins, peppers and rage sounds like one of the best lineups i could imagine.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070127/music_nm/pumpkins_dc_1

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 11:10 AM
No.

rhcp4ever
01-28-2007, 11:14 AM
well your an idiot who doesnt understand good music. Bjork (laugh)

devilray223
01-28-2007, 11:18 AM
NO NO NO, Smashing Pumpkins instead of RHCP YES!

ThomThom
01-28-2007, 11:25 AM

If anything they should replace the red hot shitty peppers, if the pumpkins ended up playing, I doubt they would put them on Friday due to the amount of major bands at the end of the night, and if they did I can guarantee that they would open up for Bjork...Besides Saturday needs a spark on the main stage, it seems like after Arcade Fire is done, everybody is probably going to go back to their tents. Oh and your a complete Douche Bag.

rhcp4ever
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
are u kidding me? why is no one showing any love to john frusciante of the peppers. He is a rock god and people are just dissing the peppers left and right. Buy slane castle and see what im talking about

ivankay
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Bjork has been excellent every time i have seen her (although i did not go to the Palladium show which i heard wasn't so good).

i saw the Pumkins once. i was pretty excited and then utterly disappointed by what sounded like audio garbage. It was as if the audience was being tested to see how much of a fan they were to tolerate the mangleing of songs that sound wonderful in their recorded versions. The show i went to was Lollapalooza in Vegas. my motivation to see them live again was killed after that. When i have seen live recordings of them on the tv, sometimes good, sometimes awful.

No contest, Bjork.

rhcp4ever
01-28-2007, 11:28 AM
i love all the idiots that are so musically ignorant its unbelievable

corbo
01-28-2007, 11:36 AM
STFU
you dont know WTF youre talking about. get the f*ck out of here
and go chat in the peppers message board

ThomThom
01-28-2007, 11:37 AM

Don't get all butt hurt because 80% of the people on this board are over the fu**ing peppers man,it is an opinion and everybody is entitled to one, just because people are over this band does not mean they know nothing about music, your ignorance is blind. So either you get over it or go to a peppers board and stick your hand down your pants with the rest of the people that worship them.

ivankay
01-28-2007, 11:37 AM

Everyone is musically ignorant in one respect or another (including you, me, and everyone). That is based on the amount of music and a human ability to be aware of and knowledgable of it all.

Peppers are great and Fruciante i think is the underated secret sauce. Seems like all the attention goes to Flea and Anthony, but John is the part that gets me listening again and again.

rhcp4ever
01-28-2007, 11:45 AM
i agree with u 100%

alpharuin
01-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Replace Björk? Are you high? Besides, the Smashing Pumpkins have already announced their first reunion show will be at Rock Am Ring in June. They will not be at Coachella this year.

smokealotapotamus
01-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I'de much rather see the pumpkins than RHCP. Replacing Bjork would be a sin.

carlarella
01-28-2007, 12:04 PM
i love bjork and the chili peppers are great live. no doubt these will be two amazing performances.

woogie846
01-28-2007, 12:05 PM

Same. This is also because I've never seen a SP show. I'm very curious since people either say they suck live or they are great live.

suprefan
01-28-2007, 12:12 PM
For those that dont know the pumpkins have reunited (the article is at the bottom of this that talks about it) and how bad ass would it be if they took the friday night slot instead of Bjork. the pumpkins, peppers and rage sounds like one of the best lineups i could imagine.

This isnt Lollapalooza 1995, get out of the mid 90's time warp. And SP over Chili Peppers. GV played it safe picking them as a headliner again and its my only complaint really this year on the line up.

sighlent
01-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I've seen the pumpkins about 10 times and they never once sucked. One show was close to 3 and a half hours.

I would never want them to replace bjork though... the red hot chili peppers would be great to boot though...

the pumpkins will not play coachella, i wish people would get over that already.... and germany will not be their first show either.

scottierock
01-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't know what would be WORSE, pumpkins or chili peppers? :rotfl

Bjork has more talent than those 2 bands combined.

danielcampoverde@hotmail.
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
don't compare this 2!!!
bjork is 10t better

saxomophone
01-28-2007, 12:53 PM
the pumpkins will NOT play coachella, i wish people would get over that already.... and germany will not be their first show either.

Exactly. And their 1st show will be in Chicago.

wmgaretjax
01-28-2007, 12:57 PM
no smashing pumpkins. while we're at it, let's boot the chili peppers and bring someone else in. MBV? i don't know. the headliners aren't usually my draw. Bjork is an exception to that.

M Sparks
01-28-2007, 01:14 PM
IT'S NOT A REUNION. Not without James, as far as I'm concerned. Since D'Arcy was replaced by Melissa...well it would be better with her, but she's expendable. To me, SP = Billy & James.

Last year, I saw Dave Wakeling in a club, and they were billing it as English Beat. It was him, a sax player, a drum machine, and a keyboardist. Good show, he still sounds great...but it's not English Beat. And that's why he was playing a club in a dinky Arizona town instead of playing a big festival.

I mean, what's the difference between this and a Zwan show? It's not like Zwan could headline.

M Sparks
01-28-2007, 01:16 PM
BTW...I WOULD be interested to see them, whatever Billy wants to call it. I just don't see it being headliner worthy.

hollywood scum
01-28-2007, 02:13 PM
ANYTHING except Bjork.

woogie846
01-28-2007, 02:32 PM
ANYTHING except Bjork.

booooooo

shoegazer76
01-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Derfinatley not headliner worthy! They rocked once out of 3 times I saw them. They sound decent in a club setting but not in any sort of arena or ampitheatre.

shoegazer76
01-28-2007, 03:27 PM
It's not the Pumpkins without Jimmy or D'Arcy Anyway no matter how hard you close yr eyes and pretend. I've seen em 3 times and they rocked once. Probably cause it was in a club instead of an ampitheatre or arena.

pewter14
01-28-2007, 03:54 PM
great thread, keep up the good work.

wmgaretjax
01-28-2007, 04:02 PM
ANYTHING except Bjork.

Korn?

matt504hrs
01-28-2007, 04:13 PM
oh balls i didn't even read the question i just assumed it was do you want SP to play haha so i said yes! but fuck off them replacing bjork haha.

M Sparks
01-28-2007, 04:20 PM
It's not the Pumpkins without Jimmy or D'Arcy Anyway no matter how hard you close yr eyes and pretend. I've seen em 3 times and they rocked once. Probably cause it was in a club instead of an ampitheatre or arena.

Jimmy's in, it's James Iha that's not, and that's the problem.

Jimmy was the last one in and the first one out. He's a great drummer, and I'm glad he's back, but James & Billy = SP

corbo
01-28-2007, 05:09 PM
It's not the Pumpkins without Jimmy or D'Arcy
man... STFU.. yes IT IS THE EFFING SMASHING PUMPKINS
jimmy and d'arcy are replaceable...who gives an F if theyre not in the band..
Corgan could replace all the band members and still call the band the smashing pumpkins ...all these clowns are replaceable!

What'chaGonnaDoAboutIt
01-28-2007, 05:35 PM
to you people saying they should replace the chili peppers, play a damn instrument and youll respect them dumbasses.

devilray223
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
to you people saying they should replace the chili peppers, play a damn instrument and youll respect them dumbasses.

I played the recorder in 3rd grade. I respect them, just don't wanna see them.

What'chaGonnaDoAboutIt
01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
I played the recorder in 3rd grade. I respect them, just don't wanna see them.

LMAO, what i means is, i hate when people down talk them. its bs, they are amazing musicians, and are prolly one of the most tallented bands to come out in a long long time.

ashtraygrl
01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
i want both. ........... but i'd have to vote bjork over SP

sighlent
01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
man... STFU.. yes IT IS THE EFFING SMASHING PUMPKINS
jimmy and d'arcy are replaceable...who gives an F if theyre not in the band..
Corgan could replace all the band members and still call the band the smashing pumpkins ...all these clowns are replaceable!

jimmy is not replacable, thats why he hasn't been

get your shit right

devilray223
01-28-2007, 05:56 PM

get your shit right

YOU JUST GOT SERVED!

corbo
01-28-2007, 05:59 PM
REPLACEABLE

SometimesNJ
01-28-2007, 06:04 PM
this poll is too difficult..but i definitely wanna see bjork. let's just replace the chili peppers with the pumpkins. that would make everyone happy.

arlyn
01-28-2007, 07:14 PM
1. James Iha and D'arcy Wretzky are totally replaceable.
2. Show me one thing that says either of them aren't in the band.
3. Get over the RHCP. They suck live. They aren't big anymore. They shouldn't be a headliner. You might like them. But what about people who are actually going to attend coachella? if 80% of this board think is against them, than who exactly is wrong here? Everyone is wrong but you?
4. How can you call other people dumbasses when you make the statement that rhcp is one of the best bands to come out in a long long time. Actually they came out a long, long time ago. Before you were born, I'd bet. I don't care if they're talented musicians. Lots of people have talent, it doesn't mean they should headline Coachella.

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 08:05 PM

nice name - I think we all know who the idiot is, the one that started this poll without providing the NO FUCKING WAY option.

Stadium Arcadium is a bloated piece of garbage. Move On.

direwolf092386
01-28-2007, 08:06 PM
you guys all suck... chili peppers

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 08:06 PM
1. James Iha and D'arcy Wretzky are totally replaceable.
2. Show me one thing that says either of them aren't in the band.
3. Get over the RHCP. They suck live. They aren't big anymore. They shouldn't be a headliner. You might like them. But what about people who are actually going to attend coachella? if 80% of this board think is against them, than who exactly is wrong here? Everyone is wrong but you?
4. How can you call other people dumbasses when you make the statement that rhcp is one of the best bands to come out in a long long time. Actually they came out a long, long time ago. Before you were born, I'd bet. I don't care if they're talented musicians. Lots of people have talent, it doesn't mean they should headline Coachella.

1. THE FACT THEY ARE NOT - as reported on every fucking music source/mag in the last year.

dannykrug
01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
is no one gonna watch RHCP? if so that would be awesome! Then I could easily chill up front.

thinnerair
01-28-2007, 08:54 PM
While id love to see SP with James and D'arcy, saying that are not replaceable is dumb. D'arcy was replaced and it worked well with Melissa. Also, if you read up on Siamese Dream, Billy played everything except the drums, which Jimmy played. The core of the Pumpkins are Billy and Jimmy. While the other too added a lot to the band, primarily live, they can be replaced....i just hope they arent.

westlasoccermom
01-28-2007, 09:22 PM
i would love to see SP. and people need to understand that liking ANY music makes you cultured, and that disliking music is the true sign of ignorance.

Malone
01-28-2007, 09:34 PM
I like bjork and the pumpkins. pumpkins would probably be my number 2 band i'd want to see behind rage. cant complain with the lineup the way it is now though

NoGwenPlease
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
not a chance in hell would i choose billy over bjork..

vinylmartyr
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I would not mind Billy doing Pumpkins songs. It does not have to be billed as the Pumpkins to be enjoyable.

vinylmartyr
01-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I saw Billy play with New Order once. It was cool.

jenga66
01-28-2007, 11:33 PM

get your shit right

HAHA maybe you should get YOUR shit right. Jimmy was replaced by Matt Walker from Filter in 96, then by Kenny Aronoff in 98.

This is a message board and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just can't believe how many people take time out of their lives to express their dislike for bands some of us grew up listening to (RHCP, SP). I also can't believe a majority don't think Pumpkins are headliner worthy. Personally, I like Bjork, but her voice gets on my fucking nerves (sometimes) 10 times more than Billy Corgan probably does for any of you.

microcuts
01-28-2007, 11:54 PM
3. Get over the RHCP. They suck live. They aren't big anymore.

Their current album is still in the Top 50 of the Billboard 200 and has sold 1.8 million copies. I'm not saying they should be playing Coachella this year, but they're certainly still huge - one of the best selling rock cd's of 2006.

Tomasote
01-29-2007, 12:13 AM

I agree

summerkid
01-29-2007, 12:38 AM

Really? I think everyone here respects Frusciante the man is a great guitarist, Flea is great as well, but that's not the problem. two main beefs with RHCP. 1. They've lost their edge they stopped progressing their sound after californication trust me as a kid I loved RHCP. Mother's Milk, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, and even Californication, but since they've grown stale and some can argue they grew stale after BSSM . 2. Anthony Kiedis. Lyrics are terrible, but wasn't really a problem early on because the sound was so fresh that the lyrics didn't really draw any attention at all. Keeping on Kedis when he decided that he could actually sing (which in turn drew more attention to the lyrics)...that was a major problem. I think that if they kicked out Kedis and Mike Patton became the frontman then i could get excited about hte chili peppers until then *yawn*.

shoegazer76
01-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Billy needs to get a vocal coach so he can be more consistent & not have to whine or scream into the mic for 1. When they didn't sound good live it was 90% due to Billys crappy vocals. 2. Jimmy is one of the greatest drummers of the alterna rock genre. It was Jimmy's drumming that was the glue of the pumpkins & gave them their unique sound. Nobody drums like Jimmy. 3. No matter how hard you pretend IT'S NOT THE PUMPKINS WITHOUT ALL ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF THE BAND! Let Billy get up there in Germany with his drum machine & below mediocre band. I ask you this did they put out a decent album or tour without Jimmy or D'Arcy. Hell no they didn't & Billy won't be able to until they reform which I hope isn't for another 7-10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those poor people that paid thousands to see there last show in Chicago because they swore that was the last! Bet they want a refund. Oh yeah & why intentionally keep replacing yr bass player with a female everytime if it doesn't matter whose up there seems a little novel or gimmicky to me.

The Nichole
01-29-2007, 08:31 AM
i would LOVE to see SP play, but it is not going to happen @ coachella 07. and i would NEVER have them replace Bjork

renholder
01-29-2007, 08:37 AM
unfortunately nails released a bunch of uk and japanese dates.... unfortunate
pumpkins would rock,being a fan for many years but i bet bjork will be just fine for a nice chill first day of coachella

PS i though sp was recording with chamberlain back? maybe i am being mislead?

SnowShoe
01-29-2007, 08:45 AM
the Pumpkins are better than almost every band from the 90's.

in fact, I can't name one right now that had better songs.

Tylerdurden31
01-29-2007, 08:48 AM
the Pumpkins are better than almost every band from the 90's.

in fact, I can't name one right now that had better songs.

I love the pumpkins...but BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

seriously though. When people say things like this, it makes me wonder how much music they've listened to. You are entitled to your opinion...I just don't agree with it.

It's also an extremely bold statement to make without any real reason behind it.

krk67
01-29-2007, 09:27 AM
The amount of subjectivity masquerading as objectivity is my favorite part of this board.

jcconnors
01-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Smashing Pumpkins... i agree, it would be more special if James Iha was part of the reemergence of the S.P., but still Billy is a great musician and Jimmy is a great drummer and I have a feeling they could still rock some faces off. So with that said, I will be excited if they added on or was a surprise guest.
But i would not trade s.p. for bjork... my greediness wishes that they are both there to put me in awwwwhhh.

arlyn
01-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Their current album is still in the Top 50 of the Billboard 200 and has sold 1.8 million copies. I'm not saying they should be playing Coachella this year, but they're certainly still huge - one of the best selling rock cd's of 2006.

What's your point? Since when does the majority of people liking something equal it being good? They're big because they're on billboard? Well maybe we should start booking Justin Timberlake, Nickelback, Carrie Underwood, Beyonce, Ciara and GASP Gwen Stefani. I don't care how many albums you sell, it doesn't mean you're relevant.

arlyn
01-29-2007, 10:40 AM
1. THE FACT THEY ARE NOT - as reported on every fucking music source/mag in the last year.

If it's in every single music source/mag, you'll have no problem finding a reference.

Not that it matters. It's not like rollingstone didn't report that the pumpkins were playing coachella this year. In reality, No one out of the pumpkins camp, or James Iha or D'arcy Wretzky's has made any comment on whether or not they're in the band.

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
no one said anything about being "good".
he argument is that rhcp are still big and relevant.
the album sales, nominations, ticket sales, etc. show this.

arlyn
01-29-2007, 10:49 AM
if they are relevant because they sell records then so is nickelback. there's a difference between being popular and being relevant

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 10:54 AM
rhcp is relevant because they were once a critically acclaimed, influential band that sold millions of records.
don't bring in any other modern rock band into discussion because none of them have ever garnered the positive reviews like rhcp.
they are the only ones who can degrade their legacy, not you.

Tylerdurden31
01-29-2007, 10:58 AM
they are the only ones who can degrade their legacy, not you.

and they've done a helluva job

arlyn
01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Calm down, when did I ever say RHCP's album sales make them good? Relevance is subjective anyway. I'm sure somehow, Britney Spears is relevant to many people.

i didn't mean to come off as worked up.

microcuts
01-29-2007, 11:05 AM
What's your point? Since when does the majority of people liking something equal it being good? They're big because they're on billboard? Well maybe we should start booking Justin Timberlake, Nickelback, Carrie Underwood, Beyonce, Ciara and GASP Gwen Stefani. I don't care how many albums you sell, it doesn't mean you're relevant.

Calm down, when did I ever say RHCP's album sales make them good? Relevance is subjective anyway. I'm sure somehow, Britney Spears is relevant to many people.

arlyn
01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
rhcp is relevant because they were once a critically acclaimed, influential band that sold millions of records.

"were" is the key word here. I'll give you none of the other bands ever garnered that sort of acclaim. RHCP are our generations Rolling Stones. They'll be touring when they're 90 and selling out arenas, and it will be disgusting. I'm just already disgusted. I guess I should be happy the Stones aren't headlining.

PooBiePie
01-29-2007, 11:13 AM
The Chilli Peppers are a worthy headliner. That's all I'll say about that. As far as Bjork goes, she should be put in the corner dance tent just like Madonna was last year. The Pumpkins would be a much better headliner.

Meglomaniax2025
01-29-2007, 11:18 AM
No pumpkins

mojomixup
01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
i love bjork and the chili peppers are great live. no doubt these will be two amazing performances.

refreshing to see some straight positive vibes out there in Coachella land. What is wrong with you people? there always got to be something to be pissed about? This is going to be the time of my life! lets share some excitement not pessimism.

summerkid
01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
and they've done a helluva job

Seriously has anyone heard about how dani california is a complete ripoff of Tom Petty's mary jane's last dance? I mean it sounds almost exactly the same. http://hype.non-standard.net/search/red%20hot%20chili%peppers/1/

If it doesn't work then just search hype.non-standard.net and search for chili peppers and its under tom petty vs RHCP

indiekid89
01-29-2007, 01:26 PM
SMASHING PUMKINS SHOULD TAKE RAGE'S HEADLINING SPOT!!!!

JohnnyDangerously
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
RHCP did not ripoff anything, thats just some stupid rumor that started when their cd came out and some fools decided to run with that theory.

If you actually think RHCP would ripoff music from anyone then you are just complete fool.

Smashingpumpkins rule!

kreutz2112
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
SMASHING PUMKINS SHOULD TAKE RAGE'S HEADLINING SPOT!!!!

:rotfl

shoegazer76
01-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Where were you in the 90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When were you born? You got your musical tastes straight from the tit at MTV.
NIRVANA!!!!!!, Dinosaur Jr, Mudhoney, Butthole Surfers, Sonic Youth, Pavement,Verve, Swervedriver, My Bloody Valentine etc. etc. Pumpkins couldn't rock their way out of a paper bag compared to these bands! Even when they were the original band they were hit & miss live all three times I saw them. Billy is a great writer he needs to keep it in the studio not on the road.

summerkid
01-29-2007, 02:26 PM
RHCP did not ripoff anything, thats just some stupid rumor that started when their cd came out and some fools decided to run with that theory.

If you actually think RHCP would ripoff music from anyone then you are just complete fool.

Have you listened to it? And I wouldn't say that i'm a fool for believing rhcp ripped off something. they haven't put out anything innovative for years. Not to mention i recall something about them stealing the title of Californicatioin from Mr. Bungle so this isn't the first time this kind of accusations have occured and I'm a pretty big believer in "if there's enough smoke then there's a fire"

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
anthony tries to sing like ronnie spector in "snow".

amyzzz
01-29-2007, 02:45 PM
If it was Smashing Pumpkins instead of Arcade Fire, I'd vote YES. SP is slightly better.

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 02:48 PM
the closest SP will get to being at coachella this year is as a sample used during the Girl Talk set.

jenga66
01-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't understand all the animosity towards the Pumpkins. They were without a doubt one of the hallmarks of our generation. Shit, I didn't even know who Bjork was until I was in highschool (and that doesn't attribute to a poor music taste as some would claim). Nothing against her, I think she's an amazing musician. I just think the Pumpkins merit a headlining spot since the rest of the headliners have already done their time at Coachella. Some will say you can never see Bjork live too many times, I haven't, I just honestly don't know how or why Bjork deserves to top the Pumpkins. Look at their career that spanned over the last 20 years, you have to admit it shined just a little brighter than Bjork.

At the same time, I also sympathize with the people that don't want to see them. I've heard some terrible live performances from past Pumpkins shows where Billy's voice is ruining everything. However, if you listen to live recordings or attended a show from 98-00, you'll notice a huge improvement from his previous style (for the record, Corgan HAS taken vocal coaching). It's only my opinion that their return would be welcomed and highly anticipated. I don't feel I'm biased, that's just how I feel.

I can't imagine who the next big surprises are going to be, it just seems logical that the Pumpkins would end up on the bill. Either way, I won't lose sleep over it.

daft$tar
01-29-2007, 08:18 PM
the closest SP will get to being at coachella this year is as a sample used during the Girl Talk set.

hahaha

:rotfl

bjork of course

AudioSlave21
01-29-2007, 10:43 PM
I Missed the Chillies Concert in Van and Some Buddies Went so i wouldnt Mind Checkin them Out.. i Loved the Californication Album.. i Like Pumpkins too. I don't see the Point of Bickering About Negatively.. Either way, Let's All just go Get Fucked Up and Watch Bands Rockout.CAN'T WAIT!

Carlitos
01-30-2007, 03:19 AM
too late for smashing punkings

sighlent
01-30-2007, 07:57 AM
I don't understand all the animosity towards the Pumpkins. They were without a doubt one of the hallmarks of our generation. Shit, I didn't even know who Bjork was until I was in highschool (and that doesn't attribute to a poor music taste as some would claim). Nothing against her, I think she's an amazing musician. I just think the Pumpkins merit a headlining spot since the rest of the headliners have already done their time at Coachella. Some will say you can never see Bjork live too many times, I haven't, I just honestly don't know how or why Bjork deserves to top the Pumpkins. Look at their career that spanned over the last 20 years, you have to admit it shined just a little brighter than Bjork.

At the same time, I also sympathize with the people that don't want to see them. I've heard some terrible live performances from past Pumpkins shows where Billy's voice is ruining everything. However, if you listen to live recordings or attended a show from 98-00, you'll notice a huge improvement from his previous style (for the record, Corgan HAS taken vocal coaching). It's only my opinion that their return would be welcomed and highly anticipated. I don't feel I'm biased, that's just how I feel.

I can't imagine who the next big surprises are going to be, it just seems logical that the Pumpkins would end up on the bill. Either way, I won't lose sleep over it.

As much as I love the Pumpkins, I have to disagree with you as far as career accomplishments. Bjork released her first recording in like 1977 when she was a child. She was in the Sugarcubes, she has continually reinvented her self the last 15 years as a solo artist. The pumpkins pretty much just have the mainstream acclaim of Siamese Dream and MCIS. Bjork by most peoples standards is probably more highly regarded than the Pumpkins for her accomplishments. Her website I feel is somewhat of a support to that arguement.

I have to agree though, the Pumpkins from 1998-2000 put on their best shows, especially from 99 and onward. Most people don't like the Machina era material but it translated so well into a live setting. I would love them to play Coachella but Billy passed on the offer from Goldenvoice, I have a feeling they didn't offer him nearly as much as they did Rage.

shoegazer76
01-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm so tired of you generation Y brats claiming the Pumpkins are from yr generation! Then crying because you never got to see them cause you were in grade school! Does anybody own Gish! Siamese Dream isn't there only album ya know. They started at there pinnacle and slowly descended with each album there after. I hope you all get yr wish to see them so you can be completely disappointed & so we don't have to talk about this next year!

sighlent
01-30-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm so tired of you generation Y brats claiming the Pumpkins are from yr generation! Then crying because you never got to see them cause you were in grade school! Does anybody own Gish! Siamese Dream isn't there only album ya know. They started at there pinnacle and slowly descended with each album there after. I hope you all get yr wish to see them so you can be completely disappointed & so we don't have to talk about this next year!

Machina is by far their most complex and cohesive album, and Adore being their most powerfully emotional album... so your logic of some sort of downward spiral is just narrow... i guess its like assholes everyone has their opinions about them.

I've seen them several times from 96 - 00, and have listened to probably a hundred so bootlegs from prior to 96... they got way better in their later years... especially with the addition of Melissa Auf Der Maur to their live lineup.

hawkingvsreeve
01-30-2007, 09:40 AM
ask you this did they put out a decent album or tour without Jimmy or D'Arcy. Hell no they didn't & Billy won't be able to until they reform which I hope isn't for another 7-10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Adore and Machina are good records. Just different.

insolitussomnium
01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
1. RHCP 10 years ago would be great for Coachella 07

2. Bjork is awesome

3. SP is dead, don't expect them to be what they ever were before

and whoever said that bit about Dani California sounding like Tom Petty's last dance..ask a musically inclined person what they think about that, and they will tell you that you and whoever else said that is a tone deaf asshole. The verses are the same, but the chourus changes are completely different. RHCP go to F, but Petty goes to E. RANT!

PassiveTheory
01-30-2007, 09:51 AM
You know, quite honestly, I never have truly listened to Bjork beyond "All Is Full of Love", which is a kickass song, and despite being a devout SP follower, I think it's best that I give Bjork a chance. Besides, it's all of Bjork, and only half of the Pumpkins I know and love. Also, if I wanted to see half of SP, I'd toss Jimmy out and bring James back, but because Billy Corgan has such an ego, that's never going to happen...

shoegazer76
01-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm saying artistically and over all rock ability Gish is there best album. The only show they actually sounded perfect that I saw was in a club in 1994 for Siamese. The other two shows were 94 at Lollapalooza & 96 for Melancholy & they sucked completely. Why would they have gotten better if they already rocked in the begining. I suppose thats why they broke up because they were so much better than they had been and they were selling millions of albums. If Billy was true he would have accepted to play no matter what amount he was offered. The facts are Billy is a control freak & perfectionist which he is in the studio but not on stage. Oh yeah and Melissa is not a Pumpkin she's a stand in bass mercenary!

sighlent
01-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm saying artistically and over all rock ability Gish is there best album. The only show they actually sounded perfect that I saw was in a club in 1994 for Siamese. The other two shows were 94 at Lollapalooza & 96 for Melancholy & they sucked completely. Why would they have gotten better if they already rocked in the begining. I suppose thats why they broke up because they were so much better than they had been and they were selling millions of albums. If Billy was true he would have accepted to play no matter what amount he was offered. The facts are Billy is a control freak & perfectionist which he is in the studio but not on stage. Oh yeah and Melissa is not a Pumpkin she's a stand in bass mercenary!

When you don't have the support of your label, and they have the rights to your material for the next 7 years, seems like a good time to take a 7 year break... that was the main reason... they were still selling out shows in the blink of an eye all across the globe, even without airplay in the United States.

Changoloco
01-30-2007, 10:43 AM

There is a lot of great music out there that was written after 1999. True story.

Tylerdurden31
01-30-2007, 11:42 AM
There is a lot of great music out there that was written after 1999. True story.

NO SEAN...IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!

brycerosen
01-30-2007, 11:43 AM
are u kidding me? why is no one showing any love to john frusciante of the peppers. He is a rock god and people are just dissing the peppers left and right. Buy slane castle and see what im talking about

Fuck yeah show some respect ppl, bjork sounds like yoko ono (bjork fans are too smug)

hawkingvsreeve
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Echo.

SFChrissy
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
My prediction is that the Pumpkins first show will be at Lollapalooza in their home town of Chi town...

Peppers...that's top tier musicianship why replace them???

shoegazer76
01-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Then why go on tour now in support of what?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ To boost record sales for a record label that doesn't support you? I wouldn't mind seeing the original lineup of the Pumpkins one last time whether thay sucked or not. But I don't want to see them without James, D'Arcy, or Jimmy. I'm sorry. These bands formed when they had nothing & it was all about music & rockin the fuck out! There are so many bands that have realized that their childish sibling like rivalry amongst one another has kept them from being apart of the history of Rock n Roll. Some have put the past aside & I commend them for that. Take the Pixies for example. Would anybody have gone to their shows if Kim wasn't on bass? Hell no! Does anybody go to Gun's N Roses shows now with it just being Axl? Maybe yr mom does but nobody else!

SFChrissy
01-30-2007, 12:55 PM
The facts are Billy is a control freak & perfectionist

Perfection supports my above prediction that they'll play lolla in chicago this summer!!!

SheriNOIR
01-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I can't decide.
:(

Smashing pumpkins.. only 'cos I know Bjork will be over here soon..

arlyn
01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
it's amazing how uninformed people are. about two minutes of research will tell you lollapalooza isn't going to be their first show.

sapako
01-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Now here's someone who's got a good head on their shoulders. Thank God!

sapako
01-30-2007, 04:17 PM

John Who? Just kidding. Anyway, i wouldn't take it personally. Anyway, i think it's much more a praise for Bjork than a diss for the chili peppers. I mean, come on.. RHCP was just around the way... when's the last time you had the chance to see Bjork? Besides, she's a goddess.

garrett222
01-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Bjork is vital to complete my 'see them before i die' groups...others on that list were sigur ros, counting crows, tori amos (haven't yet)

arlyn
01-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Bjork is vital to complete my 'see them before i die' groups...others on that list were sigur ros, counting crows, tori amos (haven't yet)

i second this. although i've seen sigur ros.

jenga66
01-30-2007, 05:57 PM
1. Lollapalooza would be too low key for their return. Coachella brings at least ten times that attendance, not to mention media coverage.

2. They're already scheduled to play in Germany this summer. I just know there HAS to be a US show before they go overseas.

3. Shoegazer is right. Billy needs a swift kick in his ass for not seizing this opportunity.

DenverSanFranConnection
01-30-2007, 11:22 PM
cant we just have the pumpkins without kicking anyone off?

ARBJORK
02-02-2007, 08:33 PM
WHAT A STUPID POLL...
SMASHING PUMPKINS INSTEAD OF BJORK...
BOTH ARE GOOD..SP SHOULD BE INCLUDED TO THE LINE UP... NOT INSTEAD OF...

i_like_cake530
02-02-2007, 10:11 PM

fuck that, chili peppers over pumpkins any day

instinct
02-03-2007, 04:21 AM
bJroK is LikE sO StUpID!! You GuyS DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GOOD MUSIC!!! TheY DONT EVEN PLAY HER ON KROQ OMG SHE SUX SO BAD!!

RHCP IS INCREDABLE!!

eviltwin
02-03-2007, 06:12 AM
If the Pumpkins play, whateva', without Iha-Corgan is going to sound like a cover band singing his own songs-pathetic.

PharmRocker
02-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Instict, I hate to make personal attacks, but you are one of those dumbass people that I cross my fingers won't make it to the show. I am sure you will be moshing or trying to start a fight with people who even watch bands that you haven't heard of.
She sucks because they don't play her on the radio? hahahahaha You truely are a TOOL. I guess if the radio doesn't tell you to listen to it you will assume it must suck. What a safe nice little musical world you are part of. Open your mind and give music that isn't played on MTV a chance or at least don't rag on open minded people who see talent in so many areas of music.

Sorry about long post, I just truely hate people like Instinct, maybe we will get lucky and some big Icelander with beat the shit out of him.

arlyn
02-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Umm, I got the impression Instincts' post was a parody.

i_like_cake530
02-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Don't get all butt hurt because 80% of the people on this board are over the fu**ing peppers man,it is an opinion and everybody is entitled to one, just because people are over this band does not mean they know nothing about music, your ignorance is blind. So either you get over it or go to a peppers board and stick your hand down your pants with the rest of the people that worship them.

i agree, although im a chili peppers fan, i dont bitch and call people 'musically ignorant' just because they disagree with me, man that just makes you ignorant.

renholder
02-03-2007, 05:42 PM
korns latest issue was terrible... i couldnt even listen to the entire album..

AudioSlave21
02-03-2007, 07:48 PM
i agree, although im a chili peppers fan, i dont bitch and call people 'musically ignorant' just because they disagree with me, man that just makes you ignorant.

good call

ARBJORK
02-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Fuck yeah show some respect ppl, bjork sounds like yoko ono (bjork fans are too smug)

please listen to YOKO ONO first, then give an opinion...

sighlent
02-04-2007, 12:54 PM
If the Pumpkins play, whateva', without Iha-Corgan is going to sound like a cover band singing his own songs-pathetic.

I'm trying to make sense out of these garbled arrangement of words, but alas it is impossible.

RisinOutlaw15
02-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Get rid of Bjork I have no idea how she is popular I hate here voice is like someone is scratching a chalkboard with there nails just say not to Bjork

sighlent
02-05-2007, 06:58 AM
just say not to Bjork

this deserves a t-shirt

i am towel
02-05-2007, 08:47 AM
i can't believe this thread. i was intrigued to start, but then i saw that i was supposed to choose between the pumpkins and bjork, so i had to vote for bjork.
and not because i dont want the pumpkins!

i would love to see the pumpkins play. that said, the pumpkins consist of billy corgan, jimmy chamberlain, james iha, and d'arcy wretzky for me. if pink floyd can patch up their differences for one performance, i'm sure that the pumpkins could, too.

there was another band featuring billy corgan and jimmy chamberlain, and it was called zwan. not the smashing pumpkins. i rest my case.

sighlent
02-05-2007, 08:50 AM
there was another band featuring billy corgan and jimmy chamberlain, and it was called zwan. not the smashing pumpkins. i rest my case.

but they didn't play smashing pumpkins songs... so that was somehow completely different.

it would be rad if they played zwan and sp songs, both have some great ones.

arlyn
02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
i can't believe this thread. i was intrigued to start, but then i saw that i was supposed to choose between the pumpkins and bjork, so i had to vote for bjork.
and not because i dont want the pumpkins!

i would love to see the pumpkins play. that said, the pumpkins consist of billy corgan, jimmy chamberlain, james iha, and d'arcy wretzky for me. if pink floyd can patch up their differences for one performance, i'm sure that the pumpkins could, too.

there's a difference between pink floyd reuniting 20 years later for live 8, and the smashing pumpkins reuniting 5 years later for you.

mob roulette
02-05-2007, 12:40 PM
oh i can't believe i read the whole thread.

haggar1
02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
please god!

I-predict-a-riot
02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
bJroK is LikE sO StUpID!! You GuyS DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GOOD MUSIC!!! TheY DONT EVEN PLAY HER ON KROQ OMG SHE SUX SO BAD!!

RHCP IS INCREDABLE!!

haha...yeah

matsuolost
02-07-2007, 07:48 AM
well they have 2 more dates on europe and a new album coming out on 7-7-07 so yeah
pictchfork said it

sighlent
02-07-2007, 08:31 AM
name of the album is Zeitgeist

Rainbow in a blender
02-07-2007, 09:20 AM
I hate Billy......he is just going to tarnish the beautiful name that was the Smashing Pumpkins.......i really hate him.......

Tylerdurden31
02-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I hate Billy......he is just going to tarnish the beautiful name that was the Smashing Pumpkins.......i really hate him.......

why do you hate him? If it wasn't for him there would be no Smashing Pumpkins

Rainbow in a blender
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
True he did start, dream, write and play in/with the SP, but it was a group not a one man show....he is now taking the group name and using it to shine the sun on his fat bald head......I hate him.....the SP had "IT"...they broke up...Zwan took a swan dive, his solo album wasn't great , so he is reaching back for the one last 'good' thing he had...and by 'reuniting' the "Smashing Pumpkins" he's killing what it was......that is why I hate him.....

Tylerdurden31
02-07-2007, 01:20 PM
True he did start, dream, write and play in/with the SP, but it was a group not a one man show....he is now taking the group name and using it to shine the sun on his fat bald head......I hate him.....the SP had "IT"...they broke up...Zwan took a swan dive, his solo album wasn't great , so he is reaching back for the one last 'good' thing he had...and by 'reuniting' the "Smashing Pumpkins" he's killing what it was......that is why I hate him.....

again I will repeat that the 2 most vital members of the band are involved. James and D'Arcy weren't as important as everyone thinks. Plus if they get Melissa Auf Der Maur, it's good enough.

I'd say wait til Zeitgeist comes out before you judge

canexplain
02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
THIS IS ON POLLSTAR TODAY:
It's shaping up to become the year of the reunion tour, with outings by The Police, Genesis, and Van Halen in the works. With a new album due to drop in July, the Smashing Pumpkins have added their name to the growing list.
So far, the reunited Pumpkins are scheduled to play a slate of festivals in Europe in June including Germany's Rock am Ring and Rock im Park, Austria's Nova Rock Festivaland Switzerland's Greenfield Festival Specific dates for the Pumpkin's performance will be available on each festival's web site in the near future.
Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan also dropped hints about a full-scale world tour on the band's MySpace page saying, "This year for us will see a new album of songs and a world tour of tears, and we truly look forward to playing again for fans young, old, and missed."
Staying true to his um, quirky reputation, Corgan also announced that the Pumpkins' new album, Zeitgiest, will break with industry tradition and drop on 7/7/07, a Saturday. New albums are typically released on Tuesdays.
The band split in 2000 when long brewing conflict between Corgan, and James Iha (guitars) and D'arcy Wretzky (bass) became intolerable.
Corgan is calling this a reunion but the only other original band member confirmed to be back in the fold at the moment is drummer Jimmy Chamberlin.

RATMan
02-08-2007, 10:35 AM
They should just call it "Billy Corgan and Friends". James and Darcy are just as important as melonhead, c'mon kiss and make up you guys.

sighlent
02-08-2007, 08:18 PM
They should just call it "Billy Corgan and Friends". James and Darcy are just as important as melonhead, c'mon kiss and make up you guys.

except billy writes all the songs, sings (he has improved much), plays all the guitars and bass on the albums (james used to be more important in the earlier years)... its his band, he has never had a problem calling it that.

i wish it was the original lineup too, but it ain't happening.

freedreamr
02-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I would love to see Smashing Pumpkins - but definetely not instead of Bjork. She's one of the main reasons I'm going!! She never tours in the US!

crazyasfuck
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Bjork obviously blows or the tickets for her show wouldn't be going for an astonishing 20 dollars on ebay - its a joke. The people have spoken and they don't give a shit about hearing her play

Tylerdurden31
02-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Bjork obviously blows or the tickets for her show wouldn't be going for an astonishing 20 dollars on ebay - its a joke. The people have spoken and they don't give a shit about hearing her play

these $20 tickets? (http://search-completed.ebay.com/bjork_Tickets_W0QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZse archQQcopagenumZ1QQfisZ2QQfromZR10QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3 QQguestZ1QQsacatZ1305QQsbrsrtZlQQsubmitsearchZSear ch)

misskeek
02-09-2007, 01:00 PM
these $20 tickets? (http://search-completed.ebay.com/bjork_Tickets_W0QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZse archQQcopagenumZ1QQfisZ2QQfromZR10QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3 QQguestZ1QQsacatZ1305QQsbrsrtZlQQsubmitsearchZSear ch)

can't get there unless you have a password... what tickets are you talking about?? Coachella tickets, or her solo concert?

Tylerdurden31
02-09-2007, 01:04 PM
can't get there unless you have a password... what tickets are you talking about?? Coachella tickets, or her solo concert?

coachella...what solo concerts?

and i was being sarcastic...coachella tickets were ranging from 70 to 180 for that day

crazyasfuck
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
coachella...what solo concerts?

and i was being sarcastic...coachella tickets were ranging from 70 to 180 for that day

LIAR, LIAR, LIAR - maybe 70 dollars for a PAIR of tickets to Friday with Bjork as the "Headliner"

jenga66
02-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I've never seen Bjork with ANY instrument in her hand. How this merits her a headlining spot? I don't know.

and yeah, for 70 bucks a PAIR, I would do it. Just because I like Friday night the best.

SometimesNJ
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
wow, a 50/50 split

hamsterpants
02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
As much as the Pumpkins have to offer, I think taking Bjork off the bill or putting her behind Pumpkins would take away from the Coachella vibe that has been established over the years.

Same with the Peppers. Sure, I like them, but I'm just not sure if Coachella is the place for them.

trowa888
02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
well... I'd like to see the Pumpkins for sure, but not replacing Bjork... I like Bjork!

Tylerdurden31
02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I've never seen Bjork with ANY instrument in her hand. How this merits her a headlining spot? I don't know.

where's the logic?

sighlent
02-12-2007, 08:43 AM
I never really see Anthony Kiedis or Zack de la Rocha playing instruments either... I mean this might change from song to song but typically.

kreutz2112
02-12-2007, 11:04 AM
its tied...huh?

Hannahrain
02-12-2007, 11:04 AM
PRIMA
http://www.blaskan.nu/Bilder/billy_corgan.jpg
DONNA.

rhcp4ever
02-12-2007, 12:42 PM
damn, i started this thread and new it would be close with votes but 50%/50%. thats pretty damn even

mistdevil
02-24-2007, 01:12 PM
hell no.

JoeG5141
02-24-2007, 03:42 PM
hell yea definelty pumpkins instead of bkork

Rooster
02-24-2007, 05:09 PM
rhcp4ever? Give me a fucking break. They should have stopped making music after one hot minute. Please quit your whining about no one respecting the Chilli Peppers. What are they going to do when they run out of songs to write about california. California this and california that. Enough already!!! I respect the musicians in the band, no doubt. But what worthwile contributions has anthony made to music in the past decade. And oh yeah, about the pumpkins, forget about them coming to coachella. Billy Corgin is a whiny bitch. I'd rather see My Bloody Valentine get back together since the pumpkins totally ripped off their sound and Billy stole kevin shields voice. Goddamnit he fucking emulates it completely, haven't you noticed. I guess not your too busy listening to anthony kedis croon about california. Fuck the pumpkins bring My Bloody Valentine to Coachella! Can't wait to see Bjork.

rage patton
02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
What is with people and saying all of the Chili Peppers songs are all about California? They have TWO songs that have California in the title. Californication and Dani California. Thats all I can think of anyways, if I missed some please tell me. The Chili Peppers are a unique band who you are literally able to hear them grow. I love all of thier albums. Staduim Arcadium is a bloody brilliant album, I dont care what anybody says. You can tell they truly worked hard on the album and that they are proud of it. It may not be thier best and Blood Sugar Sex Magik is still my favorite... but thats not the point. And on top of it all, they have a kick ass live show. So full of energy. Honestly, I cant wait for the Chilis. See ya in the pit...
As for the Bjork/Smashing Pumpkins deal. I had no idea it was only Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain. Damn, that sucks. I will refrain from voting. However, I do not think it would be fair to advertise Bjork as the headliner... only to demote her or kick her off. Im not that much of a fan of her music. But common. Its Bjork! Its going to be an entertaining show. So everyone calm the fuck down. :)

sighlent
02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Even as one of the biggest SP fans ever... I still choose Bjork.

TRIPYEOOT
02-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I can't believe you guys are hating on the Chilli Peppers - they were around long before the pumpkins - they were making great music while the pupkins got thier shit together and they will be around long after the pumpkins break up again - The Peppers will go down as one of the greatest bands in history - I mean I like The Pumpkins but could you say the same about them??

Tylerdurden31
02-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I can't believe you guys are hating on the Chilli Peppers - they were around long before the pumpkins - they were making great music while the pupkins got thier shit together and they will be around long after the pumpkins break up again - The Peppers will go down as one of the greatest bands in history - I mean I like The Pumpkins but could you say the same about them??

you can say that about the peppers...some people can say that about the pumpkins...I'd say that about Pearl Jam.

laineinla
02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
SP (at the universal amphitheater, now the gibson) was the very first concert I ever went to ... i'd love to see them with a FULL-fledged reunion (but I still voted an emphatic "NO" in this poll)

algunz
02-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I've seen the Pumpkins several times. The first time was when they opened up for the Peppers in like 91. The bill also included Pearl Jam and Nirvana. One of the greatest concert experiences of my life, but that had nothing to do with either the Pumpkins or the Peppers. I saw the Pumpkins again a couple years later and Billy had a tirade about 5 minutes into the set and stormed off. I absolutely adore the Pumpkins, but I'd rather listen to them on CD. Essentially Billy is the driving force behind them - when they are in the studio he plays most of the music. His prima donna ways and the rests inability to keep a beat, despite Jimmy's good drumming, ruin their live show.

tango
02-26-2007, 12:45 PM
i would LOVE to see the smashing pumpkins... i like bjork and i like the chili pepps, but i'd gladly replace etiher of them with sp.
plus, i prefer all the older chili pepps stuff... their new stuff, not so much.

mistdevil
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
BJORK > SP

daftwerk
03-01-2007, 08:28 AM

i agree

Alchemy
04-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I love Bjork and I want to see her at Coachella. I want to see RHCP too, but I am not too excited.

I'm going to see The Smashing Pumpkins & The Police at V-Fest, so that works out for me.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
04-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Bjork>Smashing Pumpkins. I doubt the Smashing Pumpkins even smash pumpkins, I've seen footage of Bjork smashing newsies though.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-01-2007, 07:23 PM
SP are one of the very few bands that I havent seen that I want to. Why arent they playing the US thats kinda stupid.

Alchemy
04-01-2007, 07:31 PM
SP are one of the very few bands that I havent seen that I want to. Why arent they playing the US thats kinda stupid.

Huh? I am seeing SP at V-Fest in August... Isn't Maryland in the United States?

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Huh? I am seeing SP at V-Fest in August... Isn't Maryland in the United States?

I read that they cancelled V Fest they posted a bullitin on MySpace. I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

Alchemy
04-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I read that they cancelled V Fest they posted a bullitin on MySpace. I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

Still looks on to me. (http://www.virginfestival.com/2007/index.html)

Plus, I am sure that SP will play plenty more US dates than Baltimore. I mean, they are American after all.

MannyMacabre
04-02-2007, 06:35 AM
no way! bjork hassn't done a tour in a while. the red hot chilli peppers do sooo many. you can see them anywhere. .. a good band but the smashing pumpkins should be headlining saturday if it were to go down like that.

bartelby
04-02-2007, 06:42 AM
SP can only headline if they agree to play songs only from Gish, Siamese Dream, the Infinite Sadness or some rarities from the box set - otherwise I'll be cringing...

sighlent
04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
SP can only headline if they agree to play songs only from Gish, Siamese Dream, the Infinite Sadness or some rarities from the box set - otherwise I'll be cringing...

Yay lets hope for another band that plays their hits every tour... can't wait for another Rolling Stones or U2. Grow up, open your ears.

MannyMacabre
04-02-2007, 07:53 AM

im not hating on them its just that they've done sooooo many tours with the mars volta, they did coachella last year i think and a bunch of kroq festivals...do they really have anything new to bring to coachella?

bartelby
04-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Yay lets hope for another band that plays their hits every tour... can't wait for another Rolling Stones or U2. Grow up, open your ears.

what, you want to hear the crap of Adore and Machina?

I am grown up fucktard

shoegazer76
04-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Will someone please delete this thread!

fluxequalsrad
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
JAMES IHA is not in the smashing pumpkins

heard it first here:

rollingstone.com (today)

faxman75
04-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Some of us have known this for a while.

It's Zwan 2.0.

Thanks Billy. Thanks for blessing us with you and Jimmy playing the music of the Pumpkins and taking out a full page ad a year ago this shit. Like the fucking Beatles are reuniting and shit. It's you and Jimmy and some new folks playing pumpkins songs. NO reunion here, move along.

summerkid
04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
im not hating on them its just that they've done sooooo many tours with the mars volta, they did coachella last year i think and a bunch of kroq festivals...do they really have anything new to bring to coachella?

I know, because of this I hope they play more stuff offBSSM, but its not going to happen. We'll get Under the Bridge and Give it Away and maybe one more. But if they threw in Sir Psycho Sexy and Suck my Kiss they'd be worth checking out on Saturday.

vogina
04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
the best thing that has come out of Iceland is Icelandic Cod.. makes for great fish n chips:thu

slurpee
04-08-2007, 10:13 AM

hell yes.

MakeItSantoriTimes
04-08-2007, 11:16 AM
LOL idiots James Iha ain't even in the band. Zoltergeist or whatever the fuck = The Future Embrace Pt. II

thedevious
04-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Negative, Gish and gish era live shows were good. Siamese dream and siamese era shows were fucking mind blowing (fuck all the voice training those were my favorite pumpkins shows). And Mcis era was the peak for many people, then a steady decline after that through Adore and both Machinas.

IMHO

r1vers
04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
LOL idiots James Iha ain't even in the band. Zoltergeist or whatever the fuck = The Future Embrace Pt. II

Yeah. Because it's not like Billy & Jimmy alone wrote/recorded practically all of Gish/Siamese Dream or anything.

kroqken
04-12-2007, 07:14 PM
It would be rude to Bjork to bump her. The Pumpkins can always headline in 2008.

shoegazer76
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Give it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THEY'RE NOT PLAYING THEY SUCKED LIVE 50%OF THE TIME THEY PLAYED WITH THE ORGINIAL LINUP ANYWAY!!!!!!!!YR NOT MISSING A THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

bballarl
04-19-2007, 06:33 PM
The new chick playing bass is way hot too. If Buddyhead wasn't fucking around.

fluxequalsrad
04-19-2007, 07:27 PM
^^ a fellow netphorian?

riverblue
04-20-2007, 06:52 AM
shame, theyre playing reading festival
still would love to be able to go to coachella

mandelbaum
04-20-2007, 07:32 AM
what, you want to hear the crap of Adore and Machina?

I am grown up fucktard

Did you ever hear the Adore music played live? VERY different from the album. The Adore tour was actually quite amazing. I was pleasantly surprised and would love to hear them play like that again.

Also, for all you morons out there, the Pumpkins have had various personnel in the band since the 1996 incident. Billy is still writing/singing and Jimmy is on the drums. The supporting cast otherwise has never really mattered. The new album certainly won't be "The Future Embrace Part II" and it won't be Zwan. You have to think that Billy was writing stuff for Zwan that he thought had a different feel than Smashing Pumpkins. Now that he is playing his old songs again and in that frame of mind, he will feel more free to write like he used to. That being said, my expectations are low for the new album, but I'd sure like to hear them play live again.

shoegazer76
04-20-2007, 07:57 AM
So get a ticket to Baltimore so you can see them & shut the fuck up already they're not playing Coachella & I couldn't be more happier about that cause it would be a waste of time & money. The reason their not playing is GV knows their not worth a million dollars which is probalby what Billy wants.

mandelbaum
04-20-2007, 08:46 AM
So get a ticket to Baltimore so you can see them & shut the fuck up already they're not playing Coachella & I couldn't be more happier about that cause it would be a waste of time & money. The reason their not playing is GV knows their not worth a million dollars which is probalby what Billy wants.

Maybe you should relax a bit. I never thought or expected them to play Coachella and am not talking about them being added. But maybe if you keep posting in this thread to "shut the fuck up", then the thread will live on and we will keep talking about it.

shoegazer76
04-20-2007, 08:49 AM
I should relax? No all you generation Y brats that never got to see them need to relax. Quit demanding they be added, its not going to happen & for good reason. Go back to bed & dream about it.

meat curtains
04-20-2007, 09:48 AM
The Pumpkins @ The Forum was my first concert ever, and that one time was more than enough (I need not go back)...whereas I wish Bjork would headline @ Coachella every year...if your looking for the sonic explosion that the pumpkins attempt to create live, go see Sonic Youth on Friday, for they are the masters of the sonic storm

P.S. get over it, the pumpkins are not going to be there, why don't you focus on the other awesome bands that will actually be @ the festival?

shoegazer76
04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
The Pumpkins @ The Forum was my first concert ever, and that one time was more than enough (I need not go back)...whereas I wish Bjork would headline @ Coachella every year...if your looking for the sonic explosion that the pumpkins attempt to create live, go see Sonic Youth on Friday, for they are the masters of the sonic storm

P.S. get over it, the pumpkins are not going to be there, why don't you focus on the other awesome bands that will actually be @ the festival?

Couldn't have said it any better. Yeah see a real band like Sonic Youth!!!!!!

brassneck
04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I've seen Sonic Youth live 4 times and Smashing Pumpkins 5 times and I'd see say Smashing Pumpkins win that contest based on their better song catalog. Neither band's live set will WOW you with amazing visual backdrops or robot costumes, so the strength of the songs give Billy the upperhand.

shoegazer76
04-20-2007, 09:57 AM
What's the point in having awesome songs if you can't recreate them live? Youv'e never listened to every Sonic Youth album have you?

dethroned
04-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I never could stand the Smashing Pumpkins. Corgan's voice just grates on me like nails on chalkboard.

shoegazer76
04-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I never could stand the Smashing Pumpkins. Corgan's voice just grates on me like nails on chalkboard.

Thank you! He said it not me, but its completely true.

brassneck
04-20-2007, 10:22 AM
What's the point in having awesome songs if you can't recreate them live? Youv'e never listened to every Sonic Youth album have you?

I haven't listened to every Sonic Youth song, but I most recently saw Sonic Youth in 2003. Their set included the following:

RAIN ON TIN
DRUNKEN BUTTERFLY
WHITE KROSS
SKIP TRACER
EMPTY PAGE
PLASTIC SUN
RADICAL ADULTS
CATHOLIC BLOCK
KARENOLOGY
MARIAH CAREY
100%
STRAWBERRY
--
PEACE ATTACK
NATURE SCENE
--
EXPRESSWAY

My favorite album remains Daydream Nation, so I think I'll have to go to the Pitchfork Festival to hear 'em play it in its entirety!

meat curtains
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Corgan doesn't sing, his nostrils do

mandelbaum
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I should relax? No all you generation Y brats that never got to see them need to relax. Quit demanding they be added, its not going to happen & for good reason. Go back to bed & dream about it.

I saw the Pumpkins 14 times back in the day so I am not a "generation Y brat that never got to see them" (and again, I'm not demanding or even asking for them to be added). You could use a nap.

meat curtains
04-20-2007, 10:28 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm...nap sounds good

nostalgicfashion
02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Should be Smashing pumpkins, Morrissey, Depeche Mode and The Cure all in one night.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-14-2009, 01:26 PM
You fucking asshole.

CalmerThanYou
02-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Bro.

obzen
02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
You fucking asshole.

:dumbo

thekube
02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I'd love to see the Smashing Pumpkins, but I think they would probably be disappointing live. From the live videos I've seen, they don't seem to sound as good they do in the studio. Also, I wouldn't want to see them perform any songs after Mellon Collie.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-15-2009, 09:47 AM
You fucking asshole.

I love you.

boarderwoozel3
02-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I have no desire to give SP any of my money even if it's through a festival. Forget that guy and his fan belittling antics. Get over yourself or go away.

TallGuyCM
02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
I have no desire to give SP any of my money even if it's through a festival. Forget that guy and his fan belittling antics. Get over yourself or go away.

That actually got a tad overblown, at the 2 shows in L.A. in December Corgan expressed a good amount of self-pity that no one really fell for, but didn't belittle any fans.

Although if they got added I can picture a very Killers-like backlash taking place...

cacahead01
02-18-2009, 11:18 AM
That actually got a tad overblown, at the 2 shows in L.A. in December Corgan expressed a good amount of self-pity that no one really fell for, but didn't belittle any fans.

Although if they got added I can picture a very Killers-like backlash taking place...

You mean like "FUCK THE SMASHING PUMPKINS" type stuff? I don't think it would amount to the number of "FUCK THE KILLERS" posts we've seen since the line-up has been posted (and before too).

TallGuyCM
02-18-2009, 11:29 AM
You mean like "FUCK THE SMASHING PUMPKINS" type stuff? I don't think it would amount to the number of "FUCK THE KILLERS" posts we've seen since the line-up has been posted (and before too).

I dunno...just like B-Flo, Billy Corgan seems to be very polarizing...in that people either think he's great or want to slit his throat.

obzen
02-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Ill take The Smashing Pumpkins over the killers ANYDAY-og line-up or not!
:)

Cdubby
02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
I would like some Smashing Pumpkins with my Coachella, yes please.