PDA

View Full Version : coming from florida

redsunflrs
12-30-2007, 02:38 PM
this is my first so just trying to figure out how to plan this.what airport would i fly into and is it best just to take a cab to the campgrounds??? any advice i will take than you!

Cpt. Funkaho
12-30-2007, 02:43 PM
You can fly into either LAX or Palm Springs (PSP), depending on how far you're willing to drive.

As far as getting from there to Coachella, cabs are way too expensive. Take the bus, or rent a car.

Also, people here are kind of sensitive about starting a whole bunch of new threads, so if you have a whole lot of fairly basic questions like this, you might want to take a look at the FAQ on the Coachella main page to see if that's helpful before you start another thread.

redsunflrs
12-30-2007, 02:44 PM
gotcha thanks!

mandelbaum
12-30-2007, 05:17 PM
You might want to consider flying into Ontario airport as well. It's east of LA so you avoid a lot of the traffic and there are direct flights there from cities like Atlanta (which you might be routing through from Florida).

Also, the poster above is right about people being sensitive about new threads, but most people on these boards are idiots and this is a message board with basically unlimited bandwidth so ask away.

Aphxtwinin
12-31-2007, 04:16 AM
i came from miami last year for the first time flew into lax then cab to greyhound station and bus to indio and split a cab with people from the indio station to the campground it should cost around 80 dollars in transportation if you do the same going back

MiamiNate
12-31-2007, 11:12 AM
just fly into LAX and rent a car.
this is my 3rd year coming from Miami.
if you've never been out west you'll really want a car to drive around and check out some scenery that will BLOW YOUR MIND.
really, the desert and shit is cool for a FLA person.

Swiss Misstery
01-02-2008, 02:06 PM
This will be my third year flying in from Orlando. I have been watching the plane tickets for months and they are currently at the lowest I have seen so far. $209 including taxes and service from Orlando to Los Angeles.

Sigur Ros Stache
01-03-2008, 06:26 AM
This is my 4th year flying from Atlanta and the convenience alone of flying into Palm Springs is worth the extra money. LA traffic sucks!!! I don't care what time of day you fly in...and remember you have to drive back after 3days of 12 hours in the desert sun...pay the extra bucks and fly into Palm Springs.

Just my two cents.

LarbFlonsen
01-03-2008, 08:39 AM
You might want to consider flying into Ontario airport as well. It's east of LA so you avoid a lot of the traffic and there are direct flights there from cities like Atlanta (which you might be routing through from Florida).

I second this. Fly into Palm Springs or Ontario. We fly into Ontario every year. It's not crowded at all, and it's only about an hour to Indio.

gaypalmsprings
01-03-2008, 08:45 AM
PSP - the only way to fly