PDA

View Full Version : Camping??

danno
01-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi coachella heads! I'm dan from kent, England. Myself and a friend are on our first coachella pilgrimage this year! Just wondering to what extent people take advantage of the camping facilities (ie. approx how many people camp)??

Just trying to size up what would be the best way to enjoy the coachella nightlife etc. Englands huge on camping at festivals and was just wondering if its the same in the states?

Anyhoooo, any help would be great.

Peace, Love and Death by sexy!

auto_drive
01-28-2007, 10:47 AM
this is going to be my 6th year. camping is a lot of fun. it is by far the easiest way to go! stayin at a hotel is nice an all, but driving around the area sucks! one year my friend and i waited in traffic for 3.5 hours and then another 45 minutes to the hotel. not worth it!

the UK totally has some killer festivals. i'll be heading out across the pond this year for "GLOBAL GATHERING 2007". cant wait.

i'm nt sure how many people end up caming but it does sell out. the only thing that really sucks... there was no bar in the camping area. the first night one year they had a cocktail hour, but that was it. so if you are down to go in on a taxi to hit up some of the local bars... let me know! i'm down for the ride! first round is on me! see you there.

danno
01-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Thats cool, may well take you up on that gesture! Already pretty sold on the camping idea, As long as there is nightlife we will be content! Global Gathering is awesome, only ever been a 'day tripper' there but that rocked! Are they cool with people bringing alcohol onto the campsite?

auto_drive
01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Thats cool, may well take you up on that gesture! Already pretty sold on the camping idea, As long as there is nightlife we will be content! Global Gathering is awesome, only ever been a 'day tripper' there but that rocked! Are they cool with people bringing alcohol onto the campsite?

"Are they cool with people bringing alcohol onto the campsite" HELL YA!!!

keep me posted.