PDA

View Full Version : KROQ Coachella sponsor for '08?

brando4n82
12-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I know they always have a booth right in front every year, but KROQ sponsored Coachella hard last year and gave away mad tickets. Anyone think that will be a repeat for next year? I hope not.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Why do you not want them there?

If they are giving away "mad" tickets I say why not. As long as the advertising doesnt interfere with any of the concert.

faxman75
12-28-2007, 08:51 AM
As far as I know they have been doing it for years so what's the problem?

brando4n82
12-28-2007, 08:54 AM
I dont mind if they have their standard booth just liek every other year, but I just felt Kroq's ticket giveaways were unneccisary promotion. and it was impossible to get tickets anyways.

Fuck Kroq, is that a good enough answer?

fatbastard
12-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Good call Brando4n82. Their friends were outside scalping tickets for all we know.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 09:18 AM
I like free tickets.

Alchemy
12-28-2007, 09:20 AM
I've had no problem getting my tickets the past 3 Coachellas, and if I remember correctly, KROQ was there at all of them.

faxman75
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
So this is some kind of anti free ticket thread?

This place gets more and more retarded each day!

mandelbaum
12-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I dont mind if they have their standard booth just liek every other year, but I just felt Kroq's ticket giveaways were unneccisary promotion. and it was impossible to get tickets anyways.

Fuck Kroq, is that a good enough answer?

So you think it's cool to hate KROQ. Ok. Neat post.

fatbastard
12-28-2007, 10:51 AM
So this is some kind of anti free ticket thread?

This place gets more and more retarded each day!

Are the tickets really free? How much of your time is listening to mindless babble during the first and last 15 seconds of each song while waiting for tickets to be announced? How many Coachella artists are getting their music chopped up in order for their playlist of commercials? I wish there was a way that I could replay the phrase your "mom is a man" on the radio for 3 months straight. I would offer you the free tickets myself.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 11:41 AM
If you dont like KROQ why do you listen to it? Commercial radio is a joke. GV can make a few bucks off a sponsorship good for them.

beavington
12-28-2007, 12:16 PM
I am thankful to KROQ for giving me tickets to both nights of 04 so I didnt have to fork over the 150 each ticket. Never a complaint about KROQ again will come out of my mouth.

plus its not like its that hard to gauge when KROQ is going to give away tickets. It is usually around 40 minutes after. Tune in then and you should be fine.

faxman75
12-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Are the tickets really free? How much of your time is listening to mindless babble during the first and last 15 seconds of each song while waiting for tickets to be announced?

Yes, the tickets are free. I listen to mindless babble all day at work and on the bus. When all is said and done. You pay ZERO dollars for those tickets, so yes that's free.

How many Coachella artists are getting their music chopped up in order for their playlist of commercials?

Every single one of those artists are more than happy with the exposure they are getting from KROQ. I'm sure they would be happy to know their fans don't want them to have it though because are against radio stations making any money off of advertisers. HA!

I would take your free tickets. No problem. I'll listen to 4 hours straight of advertising for free tickets. No problem.

Ardentbiscuit
12-28-2007, 01:21 PM
It's hard to win anything on KROQ. You must be lucky if you won. They have very few phone lines and don't give aways that many tickets based on how many listeners they have.

It's even hard to win with the online street team unless it's something like a movie screener or a big free for all concert where they have lots of tickets to give away.

leo01g
12-28-2007, 01:43 PM
i thought you guys were talking about the free tickets they give out inside the booth. I ended up getting a pair of sold out Wolfmother tickets for FREE! which i later gave to my friend.

faxman75
12-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Dude, that's not cool. Free tickets suck. If they try and pull that shit on me, i'm throwing my credit card at em' and making them take that shit!

Ardentbiscuit
12-28-2007, 03:33 PM
The Kroq booth was giving out free tickets????

I had no idea...

I didn't visit the Kroq booth when I'm at Coachella.

In fact I don't really visit any booths. I'm too busy listening to music.

JustSteve
12-28-2007, 03:51 PM
It's hard to win anything on KROQ. You must be lucky if you won. They have very few phone lines and don't give aways that many tickets based on how many listeners they have.

It's even hard to win with the online street team unless it's something like a movie screener or a big free for all concert where they have lots of tickets to give away.

that's why i felt very fortunate when i won white stripes tix for their icky thump records show.

Failed State
01-21-2008, 02:27 AM
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/96463/schock1.jpg.html]http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/96463_schock1.jpg
Fail

kroqken
01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
KROQ was there the last 6 years that I was there, booth and all. My addage is no free publicity is bad publicity. I won tickets to the 2004 Weenie Roast, which was a good lineup because the Strokes were there. And I was in the pit.

suprefan
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I know they always have a booth right in front every year, but KROQ sponsored Coachella hard last year and gave away mad tickets. Anyone think that will be a repeat for next year? I hope not.

Its been there every year, dont see how this would be different

kroqken
01-21-2008, 02:28 PM
THere irony is KROQ does not come im my radio in Indio. I listen to that Palm Springs alternative station in the car.