PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared, excited, confused, worried, happy.........

marooko
12-27-2007, 08:12 AM
While in Vegas, my girlfriend brought up wanting an engagement ring. I really don't know wht to think about this. I can't even tell what exactly my first thought is. I love her and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. When I think about things I wanna do, she's there. Problem is, I'm just all fucked up and am focusing on the bad possibilities. I don't really think I'm gonna get many reasonable responses, but I am hoping for some.

So, anybody wanna share some good times or horror stories of your experiences with marriage, engagement etc.? Maybe tell me I'm crazy for thinking about going through with it, or crazy for thinking otherwise. Anyway, have at it.

SFChrissy
12-27-2007, 08:38 AM
loose the pressure and embrace the love and happiness you share...hopefully she will too!!!

ThomThom
12-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Marookoo,

Chill out man, just because she is hinting at one doesn't mean she wants one NOW. It just means that she takes your relationship very seriously and if you did pop the question at any point in time she will say yes. Women always hint at things, knowing that it may not happen at that moment. It's a way to provide assurance for you. Don't buy shit, just take it as a heads up and buy one when your ready (if that ever happens). I got a hint as well, that was 3 years ago and I still haven't bought a ring. But I do know that she is as serious as I am about our relationship thus making me feel more comfortable when the time is right.

miseducation
12-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Problem is, I'm just all fucked up and am focusing on the bad possibilities.

In my relatively short life experience, worrying about negative things is nearly as bad as experiencing the negative things themselves.

I would ask you how long you've been dating and whether or not you already live together, but I'm getting the feeling it doesn't really matter in this situation.

I say don't fear the ring, it's probably not going to be all that different from your current life. Make her happy and get married in a year, she probably deserves it.

But that's me - I'm highly considering taking that plunge next year as well. I reasoned it out and figured that if I've lived with her for as long as I have - I might as well give in and make that official gesture.

I don't expect it to change my lifestyle much, I'm not having kids for like 10 years. But again, that's my view. Hope it helps.

Any married people care to comment on what the hell actually changes when it becomes official?

miseducation
12-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Chill out man, just because she is hinting at one doesn't mean she wants one NOW.

Oh that is a good point. If she just hinted at it, you do have a quite a bit of time to make up your mind.

Although, it depends on how long you've been going out - it might also signal the start of her turning on the "I really want to get married sometime soon" timer.

marooko
12-27-2007, 09:18 AM
We've been dating for several years (since 2000). It never been an issue, we both wanna take our time. We've discussed it, and it's not like she wants it soon. It's just worrisome considering all the failed marriages around you. I don't see myslef without her, but just get worried about the whole marriage thing.

SFChrissy
12-27-2007, 09:23 AM
don't worried...Thom makes a great point...just feel afirmed and afirm her in return but not necessarily with a ring and the proposal...

ps can I come to the wedding/reception???

marooko
12-27-2007, 09:25 AM
sometimes i hate being a libra.

yes.

miseducation
12-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Seven years?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's turning on that aforementioned timer.

While we're on the subject of looking at all the failed marriages out there - take some time to look at all the failed relationships also.

If you've managed to be together for seven years, I'd say you should have a pretty damn good idea of what she's like.

Conversely, there's a good chance that she's getting some nasty pressure from friends and family to tie the knot. I know stuff like that shouldn't matter, but our society just programs people into thinking they need all of this shit.

So I'm not saying that's why she wants to, but she's probably getting reminded of the fact that she isn't married pretty often.

marooko
12-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Seven years?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's turning on that aforementioned timer.

While we're on the subject of looking at all the failed marriages out there - take some time to look at all the failed relationships also.

If you've managed to be together for seven years, I'd say you should have a pretty damn good idea of what she's like.

Conversely, there's a good chance that she's getting some nasty pressure from friends and family to tie the knot. I know stuff like that shouldn't matter, but our society just programs people into thinking they need all of this shit.

So I'm not saying that's why she wants to, but she's probably getting reminded of the fact that she isn't married pretty often.

We both are reminded of it. The standard response has been, "We've started a fund, what you got on it?"

And that's something that scares me also, I don't want it to be a pressured thing.

thelastgreatman
12-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Just tell her the truth about your reservations. She'll understand if you hit her with the "the marriages I've seen in my life have trained me to think that they all fail, and I need some time to overcome my neuroses because I know you and I are better than that. I want to be with you forever, but I just need some time to exorcise all this bullshit our multi-divorced society has filled my head with, because the man that marries you shouldn't have an iota of doubt in him." kinda deal.

marooko
12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks, LGM. I totally thought I was gonna have to pretend i didn't read your post.

ShyGuy75
12-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Run marooko! Run like the wind!

J~$$$
12-27-2007, 09:59 AM
7 years. She has waited long enough.

ThomThom
12-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Wait a minute Marookoo, aren't you like 21 years old or some shit?

marooko
12-27-2007, 10:09 AM
+8. (not points)

woogie846
12-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Go for it. You guys have been together for almost 8 years, and you aren't getting any younger. If you've lasted this long without breaking up, what could marriage possibly do to your relationship. You guys seem really strong together, and putting a ring and a title into the picture isn't going to make it any weaker.

Deviate_420
12-27-2007, 10:45 AM
By the her the ring, but also keep the receipt...

ThomThom
12-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Marookoo,

Do whatever feels right. If you need more time, take it. If your mind is made up, start shopping.

SFChrissy
12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
+8. (not points)

your too young to get married even if she's the one!!! sorry that's how I feel 'bout marriage and kidz...

marooko
12-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Too young at 29?

SFChrissy
12-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Too young at 29?
That's when I had my first grommet and then I felt too young even though I had experienced so much life...I still believe I was too young...and I'm scared shitless to get married!!!

captncrzy
12-27-2007, 11:17 AM
The sooner you take the plunge, the sooner you can start looking for the next Mrs. Marooko.

If you don't know if she's the one after 7 years, she's not the one. Sorry.

Oh, and if she's hinting for a ring, it means she does want one. Sasha's girlfriend is hanging on three years later because he's a nice guy coupled with the fact that he's hot.

Glamour Damaged
12-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Marriage just makes your relationship legal. I guess people just want security. Most girls see the big white dress, the cake, the party, the honeymoon. Most guys see legal documents, divorce, child support & alimony...

higgybaby23
12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Go for it. You guys have been together for almost 8 years, and you aren't getting any younger. If you've lasted this long without breaking up, what could marriage possibly do to your relationship. You guys seem really strong together, and putting a ring and a title into the picture isn't going to make it any weaker.

I agree with woogie.

I had cold feet for nearly six years! It drove my partner crazy. She explained to me that women get a lot of shit from family, friends and society in general for being unmarried. My insecurities and stress about marriage were really nothing compared to the stress on my girl caused by waiting to pop the question. If you really love her, just do it.

Oh yeah, if you do get married, know that you don't have to spend $20,000 to have a nice wedding. It can be done well with a few grand.

marooko
12-27-2007, 12:14 PM
The sooner you take the plunge, the sooner you can start looking for the next Mrs. Marooko.

Oh, and if she's hinting for a ring, it means she does want one. Sasha's girlfriend is hanging on three years later because he's a nice guy coupled with the fact that he's hot.

So what you're saying is, I'm an unattractive mean person and I shuld hurry up and buy the ring before it's too late?

I have no doubt of her being, or not being the one. What bothers me is the stress put upon us both for not being married. Is it for her and I?, or is it for everyone else?

miseducation
12-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Is it for her and I?, or is it for everyone else?

It's clearly, obviously and undeniably for everyone else. But that doesn't mean it's not something special.

If you have no qualms about being a part of a ceremony that pretty much says "I INTEND ON BEING WITH THIS WOMAN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE" - then you should really have no reason not to.

marooko
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
It's clearly, obviously and undeniably for everyone else. But that doesn't mean it's not something special.

If you have no qualms about being a part of a ceremony that pretty much says "I INTEND ON BEING WITH THIS WOMAN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE" - then you should really have no reason not to.

That's so crazy. I think of it being for us, and everyone there is witness of my feelings for her and hers for me.

I don't feel I have any real reason not to, it's just crazy and intense. You know, my first thought was probably..."Fuck, this is gonna be expensive." haha. Really though, I am extremely excited and happy. I thinks it's an amazing feeling to share.

I have the scary thoughts, but not the scary feeling from the thoughts. I think that's a good thing.

SFChrissy
12-27-2007, 12:53 PM
This thread needs a Xanex!!!

thelastgreatman
12-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Xanax.

thelastgreatman
12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Marriage is a silly concept. Having to make a pledge to the world that you'll be together forever is silly. Women love it, I know, and the desire to make them happy by marrying them is understandable, but from a pragmatic perspective I think it puts undue strain on otherwise functioning relationships. If you want to join your finances and be able to make medical decisions for each other should one of you be incapacitated, get a civil union.

Glamour Damaged
12-27-2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.lmmfao.com/images/funny-pictures/Fukitol-Pill.jpg

marooko
12-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know any diamond sellers they can hook me up with? Seriously.

amyzzz
12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Marriage just makes your relationship legal. I guess people just want security. Most girls see the big white dress, the cake, the party, the honeymoon. Most guys see legal documents, divorce, child support & alimony...
I didn't see that shit. I saw security and having someone to be with. FUCK the wedding.

Seven years is a long fucking time, marooko. You should be married by now. I got married 9 months after I met my man.

marooko
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Well that's how they used to do it back in the day. Kidding, kidding.

yeah, it has been a while. there was never any talk, pressure or need for it. now the time has come, and i will take action.

how long you two been together amyzzz?

kreutz2112
12-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Marooko, I just got engaged like 6 months ago. I have been with my woman for like 5 years. I was scared at first. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, but I just was unsure about marriage. She REALLY wanted to get married so I asked her to marry me. I guess I am indifferent about the whole marriage situation...To me marriage is a religious thing and kind of outdated. There are legal reasons to get married I guess, but as long as I am with her I dont care if we are married or not. So, if you really want to be with her the rest of your life then maybe you should get married, especially if she wants to.

marooko
12-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I saw pictures of the both of you. You look happy together, that's good. thank you for the input.

We're gonna go browse this weekend. I told her the other day, "Good thing I'm done paying for my car next month", we both laughed.

captncrzy
12-27-2007, 03:26 PM
So what you're saying is, I'm an unattractive mean person and I shuld hurry up and buy the ring before it's too late?

I have no doubt of her being, or not being the one. What bothers me is the stress put upon us both for not being married. Is it for her and I?, or is it for everyone else?

No, that's not what I'm saying. I was pointing out that Sasha is lucky that he's a nice guy who's hot that has a girl that's so into him she's willing to wait around. Many women find that need to have someone make that commitment to them and if you're not willing to do that, you should let her know. Really, 7+ years is a long long time in womanland. And, if she's your age, she's probably starting to hear that internal clock ticking.

amyzzz
12-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Well that's how they used to do it back in the day. Kidding, kidding.

yeah, it has been a while. there was never any talk, pressure or need for it. now the time has come, and i will take action.

how long you two been together amyzzz?
Yeah, we dated for a pretty short time, and I realize that, but we've now been married for 8 years. I guess we haven't been together for much longer than you and your girlfriend have. We only married so quickly cuz I got knocked up (my bad). I think we would've gotten married anyway but maybe 6 months later. We're happy together in any case.

marooko
12-27-2007, 03:40 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying. I was pointing out that Sasha is lucky that he's a nice guy who's hot that has a girl that's so into him she's willing to wait around. Many women find that need to have someone make that commitment to them and if you're not willing to do that, you should let her know. Really, 7+ years is a long long time in womanland. And, if she's your age, she's probably starting to hear that internal clock ticking.

I was just kidding, I didn't think that was what you ment.

It's not like it's never been a topic of discussion. We have talked about it a few times and neither of us were concerned about taking that step anytime soon. It was brought up over the weekend (which was he second time in 2 months), so I asked about it. We talked, and now I gotta do what i gotta do. Which is go get her the baddest rock I can possibly afford. I think I'm looking at 3-6 g's. It just makes me laugh (the price, not the situation).

marooko
12-27-2007, 03:43 PM
We're happy together in any case.

and thats the ultimate goal. im happy for you both.

captncrzy
12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I was just kidding, I didn't think that was what you ment.

It's not like it's never been a topic of discussion. We have talked about it a few times and neither of us were concerned about taking that step anytime soon. It was brought up over the weekend (which was he second time in 2 months), so I asked about it. We talked, and now I gotta do what i gotta do. Which is go get her the baddest rock I can possibly afford. I think I'm looking at 3-6 g's. It just makes me laugh (the price, not the situation).

Rule of thumb: 3 x your gross monthly salary = appropriate ring cost.

thelastgreatman
12-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey Marooko, take Amy's advice--get married ASAP, or else you might not end up with... Amy... for the rest of your life...

Dude, have you considered confirmed bachelorhood? Or just coming out of the closet?

JustSteve
12-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know any diamond sellers they can hook me up with? Seriously.

bluenile.com is one of the best i have ever purchased from. seriously the best prices and quality you can find anywhere. i just bought my girlfriend a ring and it was amazing. when comparing it to other stores/sites it blew them all away in every category. you can't go wrong with 'em.

here's what i got her, diamonds in a platinum band:
http://www.bluenile.com/assets/product_images/rings/AB55500200_200zoom.jpg

it was $950 through them, for comparable rings from other retailers i would have paid more for way less quality in both diamond and metal.

denies the day
12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Tradition is the mother of vice.

Just sayin'.

thelastgreatman
12-27-2007, 07:54 PM
I saw pictures of the both of you. You look happy together, that's good. thank you for the input.

We're gonna go browse this weekend. I told her the other day, "Good thing I'm done paying for my car next month", we both laughed.

Don't you know any Jews, for Christ's sake? That's one of our prime functions.

SHOULD YOU USE JEWS?
a brief guide

Do you need a scapegoat for your Eastern European nation's crippling depression?
USE JEWS!

Does your problem involve high-level maths, sciences, the practice of law or medicine?
USE JEWS!

Did the Pharoah order you to design and build several stone pyramids larger than your racial handicap can let you fathom?
USE JEWS!

Is it supposed to be funny?
USE JEWS!

Having trouble thinking of a way to make inordinate amounts of money off talented entertainers?
USE JEWS!

Want your organized crime outfit to start turning substantial profits instead of Italian profits?
USE JEWS!

Need a jewel but don't want to pay those absurd retail prices you know are total bullshit--everyone knows the Jews are just hoarding all the "precious" stones but only letting out enough to keep up the illusion of rarity?
USE JEWS! (namely, ask a good Jewish friend who isn't that Jew-y but who has an Uncle in the diamond business--don't worry, he does)

Hannahrain
12-27-2007, 08:00 PM
bluenile.com is one of the best i have ever purchased from.

He's right. I'm in the jewelry business, and this is the best site you can order from.

Hannahrain
12-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Also, this is completely stupid and I hate it.

goodgrl
12-27-2007, 08:45 PM
The family pressure suxs! now they want to know when your getting married-then you will start getting hounded for where the grand kids at.

OH YEAH, I havent seen any mention about the sex life once you've been married.

Scared and confused are not good things sweetie!
Dont give into the pressure.

captncrzy
12-28-2007, 06:34 AM

So, what's the new rule? That was always the one I hears.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 06:34 AM

Thank god someone said it. That rule is fucking bullshit, you want a guy not to marry you throw that rule around. Its tough when you are young to buy a ring especially when you are getting on your feet. Thats what anniversaries are for, upgrading your jewelery collection. Modesty is a good thing. Im not saying being a cheap SOB but there is always time to upgrade.

captncrzy
12-28-2007, 06:36 AM
I wasn't quoting it to be greedy-that's just what I've always heard...just like the rule that the cost of your home should never be more than 3x your yearly gross salary.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 06:44 AM
where did you hear the rule? Its a hyped up rule from the diamond industry. So if the guy is making $4000 a month the ring needs to be $12,000? and if its not? he doesn't love you?

"The diamond engagement ring did not become the standard it is considered today until after an extensive marketing campaign by De Beers in the middle of the 20th century, which came to include one of the most famous advertising slogans of the 20th century: “A Diamond is Forever”."

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 06:52 AM
A conventional buying price ranging from two weeks to three months wages for a ring guideline originated from De Beers marketing materials in the early 20th century, in an effort to increase the sale of diamonds. [8] While some couples follow this guideline, many others spend less than two months salary, preferring to save for a house or more practical purchase. It should also be noted that there is a dramatic price increase beyond 0.99 carats (198 mg), which may create a "dead zone" where a prospective groom will have difficulty locating a diamond that matches the "two months salary" guideline

Hannahrain
12-28-2007, 07:03 AM
If someone has to spend more than they are comfortable with on a ring before they can even propose, they're going to be going into it with some extra apprehension just from that. It shouldn't cause any stress. It's just a goddamn ring. It's not that important. There will always be rings.

marooko
12-28-2007, 07:11 AM

i always heard 2. my girlfriend told me its now 3, i said yeah right.

bluenile.com is one of the best i have ever purchased from. seriously the best prices and quality you can find anywhere. i just bought my girlfriend a ring and it was amazing. when comparing it to other stores/sites it blew them all away in every category. you can't go wrong with 'em.

here's what i got her, diamonds in a platinum band:
http://www.bluenile.com/assets/product_images/rings/AB55500200_200zoom.jpg

it was $950 through them, for comparable rings from other retailers i would have paid more for way less quality in both diamond and metal.

thats pretty awesome. would you mind pm'ing me the specs?

Don't you know any Jews, for Christ's sake? That's one of our prime functions.

SHOULD YOU USE JEWS?
a brief guide

Do you need a scapegoat for your Eastern European nation's crippling depression?
USE JEWS!

Does your problem involve high-level maths, sciences, the practice of law or medicine?
USE JEWS!

Did the Pharoah order you to design and build several stone pyramids larger than your racial handicap can let you fathom?
USE JEWS!

Is it supposed to be funny?
USE JEWS!

Having trouble thinking of a way to make inordinate amounts of money off talented entertainers?
USE JEWS!

Want your organized crime outfit to start turning substantial profits instead of Italian profits?
USE JEWS!

Need a jewel but don't want to pay those absurd retail prices you know are total bullshit--everyone knows the Jews are just hoarding all the "precious" stones but only letting out enough to keep up the illusion of rarity?
USE JEWS! (namely, ask a good Jewish friend who isn't that Jew-y but who has an Uncle in the diamond business--don't worry, he does)

so funny.

you got an uncle in the diamond business?

He's right. I'm in the jewelry business, and this is the best site you can order from.

see, im looking to talk to someone like you who might have better connections than a store. im waiting to get someones number now, but you can never know enough people.

The family pressure suxs! now they want to know when your getting married-then you will start getting hounded for where the grand kids at.

OH YEAH, I havent seen any mention about the sex life once you've been married.

Scared and confused are not good things sweetie!
Dont give into the pressure.

noone knows yet. theres not even a ring.

we've been living together for 5+ years, i already know about this.

not scared and confused. thought i was, but there weren't any feelings to go with the thoughts.

captncrzy
12-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Hannah, just curious--do rings appreciate in value or depreciate?

Hannahrain
12-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Well, it depends on what it's made of. Lately, precious metal prices have shot up through the roof, but they go down as well. It's going to fluctuate. You're relying on the market to determine that whatever the material is is more valuable in the long run. Which happens most of the time, because hey. Things get expensive.

It's not necessarily going to be worth more in the future, but the amount of money that will be necessary to buy something of that worth is going to increase. You'll get more money selling it in twenty years, but that amount will most likely buy the same amount of stuff that you could buy with the cost of your ring now.

If something were to become extremely rare, it would up the value of your ring. Take Tanzanite, for example. It didn't used to be that expensive. But now people are realizing that there's a very limited supply and once it's gone, it's gone. So Tanzanite prices have skyrocketed.

On the same token, if whatever your ring is made of becomes extremely ubiquitous, it's not going to be worth as much.

Supply and demand. Common sense.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Im currently investing in a venture that mines precious metals from Mars. 2032 look out ladies. Our slogan will be "A Mars rock is eternal".

marooko
12-28-2007, 07:50 AM
looking for investors?

Hannahrain
12-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Feck. This Mars gold ring I have is going to be worthless.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 08:02 AM
We are currently mining for marsladiumaninte your Mars gold is good for another 67+/- years.

Hannahrain
12-28-2007, 08:03 AM
We should talk about hypersthene and bronzite some day.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 08:14 AM
I work with alot of hypersthene/Labradorite in my industry its a beautiful stone. Bronzite is absolutely amazing on a small scale but in slab form its meh people seem to love it in their bathrooms. Do you use them in your jewelery making?

hijacked thread for a few posts.

Heresy
12-28-2007, 01:12 PM

I think this is what happened to my brother. Everyone got on his case and my *shudder* sister-in-law about getting married. They finally did out of no where. And after that people bugged them about having kids.

They popped out one kid (my nephew) but to tell you the truth I dont think they wanted a baby.

Pressure from family and friends is annoying.

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I pressured Yablo into having gay sexual relations with me. I really got on his case about it I think he just got annoyed and gave in.

BROKENDOLL
12-28-2007, 01:21 PM
So...was it better to give than to recieve? Or, visa-versa?

Heresy
12-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I pressured Yablo into having gay sexual relations with me. I really got on his case about it I think he just got annoyed and gave in.

Hehehe

marooko
12-28-2007, 02:13 PM
go hijack someone elses thread. fuckers. kidding, have at it.

JustSteve
12-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I think this is what happened to my brother. Everyone got on his case and my *shudder* sister-in-law about getting married. They finally did out of no where. And after that people bugged them about having kids.

They popped out one kid (my nephew) but to tell you the truth I dont think they wanted a baby.

Pressure from family and friends is annoying.

what a couple of little bitches, do their mommy's still wipe their asses?

Heresy
12-28-2007, 03:08 PM
what a couple of little bitches, do their mommy's still wipe their asses?

Pretty much. They're lame like that.

marooko
12-28-2007, 03:49 PM
people leave us alone now that we're asking for money when they bring it up. last time we were in PA, my mom asked when we were getting married, my girlfriend told her February 30th. She was pretty excited until we told her there is no feb. 30th. then she hit ME. haha.

Heresy
12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
people leave us alone now that we're asking for money when they bring it up. last time we were in PA, my mom asked when we were getting married, my girlfriend told her February 30th. She was pretty excited until we told her there is no feb. 30th. then she hit ME. haha.

Hahahha. Well good luck with whatever you decide/do. I'm going home now (I'm at work).

marooko
12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
me too. peace out money.

fatbastard
12-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Marooko.

Can you be happy, learn from this person, and grow from this person? Can you return the same to her? If there is a serious hesitation on any of this, don't get married. You know how people say that you loose your life when you have kids? The same hold true for marriage. Your thoughts should be towards the future when making this type of commitment. Nothing is for sure in this world (yeah yeah; death and taxes). She may leave you for another person or just hate your record mixes (kidding). The main thing to get out of it is that you gave it your all. You should feel a true feeling of unconditional love for her and possibly feel it from her. Again, nothing is for sure. You can only do what you can do. The rest depends on her. I am sure that you have had conversations to confirm that she shares the same feelings as you do and not anything else (fear of being alone, doesn't want to work, compete with her friends). It's almost like a job interview. Anyone here been trained for targeted selection? You want specfic answers to specific questions. She may say, "I am good with kids". You may reply back with the question, "tell me about a time that you were good with kids" then "where was this at?" then "how long were you with them?". The questions may sound a little technical but hopefully you get the point. Your checking for understanding. People always tell me, "you have to eat this place, you'll love it". I'll start asking questions to get an understanding of what they are saying. Sometimes people like a place because it's all you can eat (Olive Garden, Hometown Buffet) or because they give you a baked potato the size of your foot (Claimjumpers). You don't really know unless you start asking questions. If you have both spoken to one another and you both committed but nervious then what's the hold up? Get in there Marooko and mix it up.

marooko
12-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Thank you. We talk and all that good stuff. I guess at first, I was thinking about all the what ifs. But after not feeling anything from the thoughts, I knew there was no reason for them. If I was feeling scared and thinking about why, that might be a problem. But i was more thinking i was scared, but having no reason why. I am thoroughly excited I can't even believe it. It's kinda strange for me. I should worded the title a little different, but when it comes down to it, I'm really excited.

Gyrus
12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Just feel it man.
I moved to australia from england to be with some chick I thought was the one. If only I hadn't cheated on her, damn. If you love her, don't cheat on her. Just my 2 cents based on my fuckups.
Good luck :)

betao
12-29-2007, 10:11 PM
marooko -

i have yet to read the entire thread, but i get the main idea.

go for it man, good luck! i'll keep you in my thoughts.

keep us posted!

marooko
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
shopping for an engagement ring is pretty intense. there is a lot going on right now.

fatbastard
12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
How many girls are going to be at the bachelor party?

Cpt. Funkaho
12-31-2007, 02:38 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, I just wanted to chime in that like others (Thom), I too was laboring under the misapprehension that marooko was approximately 21. It's a little weird now that I know otherwise.

marooko
12-31-2007, 06:53 AM
How many girls are going to be at the bachelor party?

not planned yet.

marooko
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Ok, so i have a problem(with this ring thing, leave other commentas out, thank you.) I'm gonna discuss it with the lady tonight, but I was wondering what some of you might think.

She's feeling a little bad that I'm gonna finance a good portion of the ring. Mainly because I've been pretty excited about paying off my car next month. So she doesn't want me to have another payment for a little while. So, due to that, she was showing me rings that were well under 1000 bucks. I'm not really interested in buying those, because.....I just don't need to be going that cheap. Then again, I don't want another payment either. But obviously I would do that, as to not have her resent me for any reason. Especially for buying something for me. So I don't know what I should do. Any suggestions? I was planning on spending about 6g's till this came up. Now i don't know what to do. Suggest away.

thelastgreatman
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Okay, I'll try and give you some honest advice here Marooko: your woman is clearly a fairly decent bird for making the gesture of saying, "no baby, that's okay, you don't have to spend all that money on me."

DON'T FUCKING BELIEVE HER. I say this with all sincerity. The last thing a woman wants is for you to make a reasonable financial decision when buying her an engagement ring. There's nothing romantic about smart finances, at least in their heads there isn't. What you should do is say, "Okay yeah, I think I'll just get you the reasonable one now and then we can upgrade to a much nicer one soon." But then you MUST BUY HER THE EXPENSIVE ONE.

Women translate money to love, particularly in matters like this. They'll deny it (some of them) but it's true. If she sees that you went into unreasonable debt for her ring, that's exactly what she wanted to see as proof that you love her enough to go several grand into hock to get her a shiny little piece of metal fused with stone. Believe it.

rage patton
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
You don't need to spend 6 grand on a ring though man. With that being said, I wouldn't spend under a grand on my engangement ring.
I say get her a nice ring around the 2-3 grand range.

But I like Randys idea. Tell her you're getting a cheap one. Then BAM. Give her the expensive one.

thelastgreatman
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Three months' salary, homie. Believe it, that is what she's expecting.

marooko
01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Okay, I'll try and give you some honest advice here Marooko: your woman is clearly a fairly decent bird for making the gesture of saying, "no baby, that's okay, you don't have to spend all that money on me."

DON'T FUCKING BELIEVE HER. I say this with all sincerity. The last thing a woman wants is for you to make a reasonable financial decision when buying her an engagement ring. There's nothing romantic about smart finances, at least in their heads there isn't. What you should do is say, "Okay yeah, I think I'll just get you the reasonable one now and then we can upgrade to a much nicer one soon." But then you MUST BUY HER THE EXPENSIVE ONE.

Women translate money to love, particularly in matters like this. They'll deny it (some of them) but it's true. If she sees that you went into unreasonable debt for her ring, that's exactly what she wanted to see as proof that you love her enough to go several grand into hock to get her a shiny little piece of metal fused with stone. Believe it.

She did add that we can upgrade it later. It was all her idea, but I completely undestand what you're saying.

You don't need to spend 6 grand on a ring though man. With that being said, I wouldn't spend under a grand on my engangement ring.
I say get her a nice ring around the 2-3 grand range.

But I like Randys idea. Tell her you're getting a cheap one. Then BAM. Give her the expensive one.

This was what I was thinking, but I don't know if it would be the brightest idea.

I was also thinking I could wait a few months, that way I'm not financing so much. But like I said, i don't want her to start getting mad at me.

orbit
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the Coachella lineup.

thelastgreatman
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
What's the most expensive ring you looked at with her? Well actually fuck all that--how expensive was the ring she reacted to the strongest?

All of this being said, I'll be fucking goddamned if I spend that much money on a ring for my wife.

marooko
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
What's the most expensive ring you looked at with her? Well actually fuck all that--how expensive was the ring she reacted to the strongest?

All of this being said, I'll be fucking goddamned if I spend that much money on a ring for my wife.

this is where it gets crazy. The "RING" is just over 1k. Then we went and looked at the "DIAMONDS" to put in the "RING". She ain't fucking around. The one we both dug was fucking bank!!!!! Jesus H. Christ!!!

thelastgreatman
01-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Right, exactly. Homie, you better believe you're putting down at least six grand. Don't sweat it that much--you're getting married, you're going to be in debt up to your fucking ears. It comes with the territory. But it must be recommended strongly that you don't let something like the engagement ring--which is a big thing for chicks and comes right at the beginning of the whole "getting married" spiel--end up being a black mark on your record. Go over your head in debt to make the bitch happy here, it might buy you a little leeway down the road.

Somewhat Damaged
01-07-2008, 07:46 PM

As if anyone's gonna want to marry you.

captncrzy
01-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Give her the ring in a WalMart bag. Just to freak her out a little.

BROKENDOLL
01-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Or one of those little clear plastic oblong things you get from a gumball machine...

Melanie.Dawn
01-08-2008, 07:26 AM
7-8 years is a long time. I don't know that I'd wait around that long. I guess everyone is different though. She may have totally different expectations than someone like me.
A friend of mine is 6 years and counting with her man... they live together, are inseperable, making plans for kids... She would never complain or make a big deal or get angry... but when people ask 'arnt you two married yet?'... you can see that she's upset. Even for Christmas she mentioned that maybe he'd get her a ring for Christmas... did he? No. Now I just think he's an asshole. Get over it already. She just wants to wear a nice dress and have a party. You'r already 'married' if its been that long.

Plus, if it doesn't work out... just get a divorce... what difference does it make? But that's my opinion and I understand people have different feelings on it. I just don't think its a huge deal so if you know shes the one, what's the wait for?

ps. hinting does not mean wait a couple more years. It means, get your shit together! haha. That's what it would mean if I hinted anyway. I'd be pretty dissappointed if I hinted and nothing came of it. At least talk to her about it.

luveebunni08
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
sometimes time is needed. my brother and his wife were together 10 years before he was ready. they were living together and marriage was always kind of a "we;ll do it next year" kind of thing. she had her wedding dress and they talked about what they wanted to do but when he was ready he got a ring and they set a date. she would have waited forever for him and that kinda made him feel like they were already married. (still together btw, and have an awesome little boy who will be 5 in july).

me, i'm the hinting girl. i love my boyfriend and feel completely secure in the fact that he's the one i want to spend the rest of my life with. i'll ask him things like "is that how it's gonna be when we're married" and such and he rolls with it. he does the same but we know we can't get married right now.

if she hints she sees you in the picture too and is just voicing it.

marooko
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM
7-8 years is a long time. I don't know that I'd wait around that long. I guess everyone is different though. She may have totally different expectations than someone like me.
A friend of mine is 6 years and counting with her man... they live together, are inseperable, making plans for kids... She would never complain or make a big deal or get angry... but when people ask 'arnt you two married yet?'... you can see that she's upset. Even for Christmas she mentioned that maybe he'd get her a ring for Christmas... did he? No. Now I just think he's an asshole. Get over it already. She just wants to wear a nice dress and have a party. You'r already 'married' if its been that long.

Plus, if it doesn't work out... just get a divorce... what difference does it make? But that's my opinion and I understand people have different feelings on it. I just don't think its a huge deal so if you know shes the one, what's the wait for?

ps. hinting does not mean wait a couple more years. It means, get your shit together! haha. That's what it would mean if I hinted anyway. I'd be pretty dissappointed if I hinted and nothing came of it. At least talk to her about it.

She hasn't been waiting for me for 8 years, we've been together for eight years. We talk about things like this all the time. About 2 months ago is when I got the first thought that it was on her mind. Then when we were in Vegas she maid it clear, now that's where we are. So really she's been waiting 2 months at most, cause 6 months ago it was a non-issue. And a year ago it was a definate NOT YET.

About the divorce, I don't look at marriage like that at all. I don't wanna get married with the idea that i can always get a divorce if it doesn't work. Might as well not do it in my mind. Way too many headaches and way too much money. If i thought she looked at it like that I would definately not get married to her. So I'm glad she doesn't.

We've talked about it a few times since Vegas, and we're gonna talk about it again tonight.

fatbastard
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Be prepared to charter a bus or fly a significant number of people to Vegas. Going to Vegas without family and friends is just going to alienate them.

Melanie.Dawn
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Friends of mine got married in Vegas last year. Quite a few people actually made it, surprisingly.
Although, I was not one of them. I couldn't afford it. But I was surprised by how many people went. I felt like the only one not going!

As for the getting divorced thing... I mean it in the way that I wouldn't not get married to someone who I thought was perfect because the idea of divorce possibly sometime might happen if things wernt as perfect as we thought. If I thought it was right, I'd marry the guy! If it turned out not to be after 10 years, or 5 years, or how ever many it would turn out to be... oh well. I didn't mean it like, do it weither you want to or not because you can always get divorced. not at all.

JustSteve
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Plus, if it doesn't work out... just get a divorce... what difference does it make?

that is a fucking ridiculous statement. there is no such thing as "just" getting a divorce. people wonder why so many marriages fail? it's because people think like that, marriage is not looked at as a true commitment anymore in a lot of people's eyes'.

Melanie.Dawn
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
that is a fucking ridiculous statement. there is no such thing as "just" getting a divorce. people wonder why so many marriages fail? it's because people think like that, marriage is not looked at as a true commitment anymore in a lot of people's eyes'.

I guess not. I think my life would be much happier because of it. I'm not going to marry someone who I dont think is THE ONE. I've been in my fair share of relationships... no wedding bells here... but if I think its going to work and its perfect, yeah, marriage all the way... but if down the line it starts to suck..and I'm not happy... I'm not going to stick around to "save the marriage", I'm gonna get the fuck out and save myself!

It's unfair to judge me because of my personal opinion on marriage. I'm not calling you a "fucking loser" for your opinion. I don't even care what yours is! If you wanna stay together forever and do whatever it takes to make it work, good on you! But it has nothing to do with me.

elChurro
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Please don't get any ideas like cutting into band times to get hitched at Coachella; but if you do, prepare to be showered with water bottles instead of rice.

That is all, have a nice married life.

captncrzy
01-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Marooko, it's getting stupid up in here. Just ignore everyone and do what you want to do.

marooko
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
it does seem to be getting a little crazy. for the record: im not asking "what to do", im more asking for your opinion, or experience. I take a little from everyone.

I wasnt trying to trash you Melanie. I just take marriage very seriously, if 10 years down the line it doesnt seem to be working out, i would hope we would still have a dialogue and be able to work on our rpoblems. luckily we both see this the same way(my girlfriend and I). if not, then yeah, i dont wanna live in hell, im out. but i dont see it going down like that.

eit: we are not getting married in vegas. when we were in vegas looking at jewelry is when the topic came up.

samiksha
01-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Ok, so i have a problem(with this ring thing, leave other commentas out, thank you.) I'm gonna discuss it with the lady tonight, but I was wondering what some of you might think.

She's feeling a little bad that I'm gonna finance a good portion of the ring. Mainly because I've been pretty excited about paying off my car next month. So she doesn't want me to have another payment for a little while. So, due to that, she was showing me rings that were well under 1000 bucks. I'm not really interested in buying those, because.....I just don't need to be going that cheap. Then again, I don't want another payment either. But obviously I would do that, as to not have her resent me for any reason. Especially for buying something for me. So I don't know what I should do. Any suggestions? I was planning on spending about 6g's till this came up. Now i don't know what to do. Suggest away.

in general, it's good to exceed her expectations.

BROKENDOLL
01-08-2008, 10:36 PM
She hasn't been waiting for me for 8 years, we've been together for eight years. We talk about things like this all the time. About 2 months ago is when I got the first thought that it was on her mind. Then when we were in Vegas she maid it clear, now that's where we are. So really she's been waiting 2 months at most, cause 6 months ago it was a non-issue. And a year ago it was a definate NOT YET.

About the divorce, I don't look at marriage like that at all. I don't wanna get married with the idea that i can always get a divorce if it doesn't work. Might as well not do it in my mind. Way too many headaches and way too much money. If i thought she looked at it like that I would definately not get married to her. So I'm glad she doesn't.

We've talked about it a few times since Vegas, and we're gonna talk about it again tonight.
Vegas has that effect on people/couples. I thinks it's the fact that there's a damned chapel on just about every street corner and Vegas is known for performing a wedding at the drop of a hat. Hmm, maybe damned chapel wasn't quite the right word to use...

marooko
01-24-2010, 10:25 PM
I don't know how I want to ask her. I don't know that I want to/need to do anything spectacular. And she knows, so it's like a time bomb.

marooko
03-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Got it. Now it's just the time.

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-02-2010, 08:33 AM
So, are you still dating her marooko? are you ready to pop the question?

feather
03-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Good luck Marooko :pulse

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2010, 09:00 AM

please don't.

congratulations, marooko!!! obviously you both were strong enough to wait until the time was right :)

Foppie
03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!

Monklish
03-02-2010, 09:34 AM
please don't.

Good, 'cause I'm not. You're getting a month's salary--fuck this three months shit--so you better hope I make a lot of money at some point.

marooko
03-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Open your mouth.

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
i don't really care how much a ring costs, i care more that it's not going to rust my fingers or fall off my hand, but other than that, getting married should not be about blowing all your money on over-priced jewelry.

marooko
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Very true. I ended up not spending nearly as much as we first discussed. We actually considered getting a fake diamond on a nice setting. Then we can get a nicer diamond later.

While I don't think the cost signifies any more or less love, I don't like dishing out money for mediocre goods. Also, I think diamonds over .75ct really start to look ugly. So that saves as well.

And thank you for the kind words.

Bud Luster
03-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Marooko, nothing says "yes I will marry you" like the county library. do it.

marooko
03-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Say what?

feather
03-02-2010, 10:38 AM
i don't really care how much a ring costs, i care more that it's not going to rust my fingers or fall off my hand, but other than that, getting married should not be about blowing all your money on over-priced jewelry.

I totally agree Ivy. I would appreciate anything simple, inexpensive, and preferably second hand.

fatbastard
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Good news.

jlandgren
03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
There is no reason to rush. I was with my husband for six years before he proposed. Then we were engaged for another two years before getting married. After eight years I knew I was marrying the right person. I am so glad we waited. Let your girl know that you hear what she is saying and that you agree and that good things come to those who wait. We got married in a Vegas chapel. It cost $250 and took 15 minutes. We took the wedding money and furnished our house. Marriage is not universal. Do it in your own way.

marooko
03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Thank you.

I think we're pretty much on the same page. No rush. We've actually been discussing it for over 2 years now. I went to go see my family back east in Jan. and she wasn't able to come because of work. I thought about her the entire time and wished she was there to share what I was doing with. There was even things I didn't do because I wanted to do them with her. After some thinking, I didn't understand what i was waiting for. Sure, I was saving some money, but things always happen. So I came back home and decided she waited long enough. We went shopping, and she was ecstatic!

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2010, 11:50 AM
maybe you were just waiting to have that feeling? either way, it was obviously worth the wait. better to KNOW you want it than to be unsure :thu

marooko
03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Very true.

While I wasn't opposed when it first came up, I didn't feel like I do now. When asked if I was nervous (the lady where i bought the ring asked), I stopped, and just said "No". I wasn't. I'm not.

fatbastard
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
If you land up getting married, please hook me up with the slutty bridesmaid. There's always one in every wedding.

marooko
03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Only after we enjoy a Whiskey Sour. With Maker's.

Astrid
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
when/how are you going to ask her?

marooko
03-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Very good questions. Any suggestions? LOL. Really though, I'm not sure.

Why: She knows I have it. I don't ask her to go many places, but I'll take her where ever she wants. So if I say: "Let's go over here", and it's out of the ordinary, surprise may be tough. So I'm gonna have to start taking her out, get her guard down. That last sentence sounds bad, we go out about every other weekend.

SoulDischarge
03-02-2010, 01:09 PM
She's the one that oughta be scared, worried, and confused. Amirite? AMIRITE?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM
marooko is a guy?

Every day is a school day....

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Why: She knows I have it. I don't ask her to go many places, but I'll take her where ever she wants. So if I say: "Let's go over here", and it's out of the ordinary, surprise may be tough. So I'm gonna have to start taking her out, get her guard down. That last sentence sounds bad, we go out about every other weekend.

that does kinda suck. i remember living with someone & sharing a bank account, it always made buying gifts a pain in the ass.

StubbADubb
03-02-2010, 04:17 PM

I hate to agree with this, but it's kinda true.

Take your time by all means, but if you don't know yet, then you'll never know. Ask yourself WHY you haven't gotten married yet? If it's cuz you just don't believe in it, that's cool but GOD please let her know that.

I honestly believe everything happens when the time is right. That said, I've seen way too many couples stick around for 5+ years, get married because they think "well, might as well" and then it all goes to the shithole.

And I gotta say, props to her for only mentioning this ring recently. I thought I was a good girlfriend by telling my boyfriend to never buy me a ring when we get engaged because the money is better spent on other stuff (this is still true. Any rings over $1000 are not worth it. Get a nice stone for less than that, put the rest to a house or honeymoon) - but your GF sounds very patient considering it's been 7 years.

StubbADubb
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Thank you.

I think we're pretty much on the same page. No rush. We've actually been discussing it for over 2 years now. I went to go see my family back east in Jan. and she wasn't able to come because of work. I thought about her the entire time and wished she was there to share what I was doing with. There was even things I didn't do because I wanted to do them with her. After some thinking, I didn't understand what i was waiting for. Sure, I was saving some money, but things always happen. So I came back home and decided she waited long enough. We went shopping, and she was ecstatic!
Ring shopping? Well then, congrats! Your time is now :)

phonedead
03-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I guess all I have to say about this is that marriage is some hard shit. Anyone who says it's easy is either cheating or lying. That doesn't mean it's not totally worth it, because life is hard, and hard shit is better when you have a companion to help you work through it.

Even though you've already been together a long time, there will be a significant shift when you get married. Something in your worldview changes and it's okay for it to be difficult to get used to.

Good luck; trust your gut.

IDCrisis
03-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Congrats, Marooko! As for when or where to propose while her guard is down? Hm, I'm thinking after 7-8 years together, she might be more suprised and caught off guard if you did it when she least expects it...like in the midst of doing laundry, or cleaning the shower. I know that sounds weird, but you'd be amazed at how special it is when we're standing there in a T-shirt and sweats, surrounded by piles of laundry, or a scrub brush in hand, and the person we love unconditionally, stops us mid-chore to propose spending the rest of your lives together. It may not be a glamorous approach, but it will be unforgetable. Best Wishes to both of you!

marooko
04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Last week. Good times.

marooko
05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
If you asked someone for their address as to invite them to your wedding, and they gave you a business card, what would you do?

sames44
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
is it a friend? relative? co-worker? congrats, btw.

marooko
05-20-2010, 03:10 PM
It's someone I would invite.

sames44
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
just use the address on the business card then? I don't see the problem.

BROKENDOLL
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
If you asked someone for their address as to invite them to your wedding, and they gave you a business card, what would you do?

Make sure there's an address on it?

marooko
05-21-2010, 07:57 AM
So then am I crazy for thinking that's rude? I mean, If I'm to invite someone to my wedding, it's not because I want people there. Everyone I'm inviting means something to me. I felt like maybe we aren't the kind of friends I thought we were, to where I can't have his home address.

I told him about it, he gave it to me, but I still think it was rude. I for damn sure wouldn't give someone my business to send me an invite to their wedding. But maybe that's just me.

sames44
05-21-2010, 08:40 AM
that's why I wondered if it was a friend or co-worker - if it was someone I considered a good friend it might be weird, but someone I know professionally? not so much.

on to better thoughts! where are you going on your honeymoon?

donkey sex
05-21-2010, 10:28 AM
which one is it? jeez

marooko
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
To Coachella we hope! That's what our fund is for. We didn't think we would miss going as much as we did.

Geno_g
05-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Congrats Mario!!!

marooko
06-16-2010, 06:26 AM
People make me sick.

rskapcat
06-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Whahuh?

gaypalmsprings
06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
well maybe im not getting married. we'll see.

Wait, wut? You're gay?

amyzzz
06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
well maybe im not getting married. we'll see.
What's going on, marooko? Are you OK?

BROKENDOLL
06-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Well, I don't know if this will make you feel better or not, but we have an unused/expired marriage license and a set of Bride/Groom baseball hats we had planned on using 3 years ago at Coachella...We're still together.

marooko
03-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Bud, bud light or equivalent? One needs to be there, just deal with it, I am.

2 of these.

Sierra Nevada
Widmer Hefeweizen
Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Blue Moon Belgian White Ale
New Belgium Fat Tire
Lost Coast Downtown Brown Ale

ThatGirl
03-15-2011, 09:32 AM

Best of luck to you! A few things I learned from being married (and being divorced) is that:
a) marriage doesn't keep people together, commitment, love and respect does
b) it's all about expectations. If you expect to be treated differently or in a certain way just because you suddenly become a wife or a husband to someone, it's not going to happen and you will probably be disappointed.
c) you need to let go of the little things and remember when to shut up.
d) Keep your own bank account.

I hope it works out for you.

JustSteve
03-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Bud, bud light or equivalent? One needs to be there, just deal with it, I am.

2 of these.

Sierra Nevada
Widmer Hefeweizen
Samuel Adams Boston Lager
Blue Moon Belgian White Ale
New Belgium Fat Tire
Lost Coast Downtown Brown Ale

def. a hef for one of them

marooko
03-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Thank you both.