PDA

View Full Version : Any rituals traditions performed inside the venue, outside?

airguitarvet
12-27-2007, 02:30 AM
i know my best friend goes and eats a gyro. i always buy a lineup poster the first day.

do u do something special every year?

captncrzy
12-27-2007, 06:37 AM
I always nap in the blue room.

faxman75
12-27-2007, 06:39 AM
New avatar? No "best thread ever".

Holy shit it's a new fuckin' you!

smoke
12-27-2007, 07:20 AM
on day one i always get there early, and buy my tshirt first thing. then i walk up to the main stage and check out the design. then i take a quick walk around from one end of the field to the other, check out the art, check the sahara setup, make meeting points, and get ready for the show.

i always try to see the act that opens the entire festival. i liked flosstradamus last year.

All That I Am
12-27-2007, 07:36 AM
We have a lot of coachella traditions, this is the fifth year that i've gone and it seems that every year we add a tradition.

The night before coachella.

First stop and light a candle in the Food 4 Less parking lot where we spent the night because we couldn't find a hotel room.
Then we all head over to Rockafire Pizza and get drunk and cheer for the animated muppet concert like it was a real thing.
Just before we go to sleep we all pile in the cars and take a drive around the polo grounds, its great to see the looks on the Coachella Virgin's faces when the see the polo groounds all lit up.

The only other tradition we have is the frozen lemonade ceremony.
The first spoonful of your first frozen lemonade of the festival must be tossed to the ground in a ceremony of giving back to the polo grounds.

shakermaker113
12-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Just before we go to sleep we all pile in the cars and take a drive around the polo grounds.

we can do that?!

The only other tradition we have is the frozen lemonade ceremony. The first spoonful of your first frozen lemonade of the festival must be tossed to the ground in a ceremony of giving back to the polo grounds.

I'm sure the polo grounds appreciate that. lol.

Heresy
12-27-2007, 09:09 AM
The only other tradition we have is the frozen lemonade ceremony.
The first spoonful of your first frozen lemonade of the festival must be tossed to the ground in a ceremony of giving back to the polo grounds.

So if I find a blob of frozen lemonade on the ground, I'll know its you haha.

SFChrissy
12-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Coachella eve we have a bbq at the momo celebrating our arrival and the indulgence of ear candy we are about to experience for the duration of the weekend

first thing I do when walking into the venue is take off my shoes and get the line up booklet...I love those little guys and grab enough for me, my souvenir and to pass to newbies who don't know what time it is!!!

thelastgreatman
12-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I pray, honestly.

SFChrissy
12-27-2007, 10:03 AM
^^^that you won't die or to be lucky enough to get laid or at least hand job'd on the field???

amyzzz
12-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I usually grab a bunch of coachella booklets. It's not my fault if you didn't get one because you arrived too late! (or only went the last day)

captncrzy
12-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Fucking Amy...no wonder I never get one of those things.

meyouseek
12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
outside - consume as many cold bud lights (the hydrating beer) as possible on trek from car to gate

inside - run to first band I gotta see's stage because too much time was spent on outside ritual

LarbFlonsen
12-27-2007, 12:51 PM
outside - consume as many cold bud lights (the hydrating beer) as possible on trek from car to gate...

I know this one well, which leads to our tradition of having to rush to the air-conditioned bathroom trailer as soon as we get through the entrance.

BROKENDOLL
12-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, seeing as Suffacated helps out with keeping the reefers fueled and the beer at the venue cold, he gets an earlier start to the fest. I, on the other hand, and according to lineups and desires, choose to peer over the wall of our place and watch the traffic and excitement go by until I feel it's time to saunter on down the road anmd join in on the festivities. That's the ritual part...Traditionally, with the amount of people there, we then meet at our favorite area in the front right hand side of the Sahara Stage to see if friends we've made from the years before have made the trek again....From then on, we dance united throughout the rest of the fest. When the reefers need to be fed fuel, he goes while I cruise around checking out the scenery and good vibes from festival goers, then back to the Sahara for out traditional meetup again.

TickleMeElmo
12-27-2007, 01:26 PM
In-N-Out Burger... every day.

I know, they aren't the greatest but we don't have them in Alaska or much else good for that matter.

Botrocker
12-27-2007, 01:47 PM
On the first day I always roll a joint. I smoke the joint and drink about a six pack of beer on my way from either the campgrounds or my car to the entrance. Last year I didn't finish the joint so I had to stop at the porta potties near the camping entrance to do so. I almost had heatstroke in there. I chase the beer with a couple of bottles of water for hydration. Then once inside I take a stroll around the perimeter and then plop myself down in the Sahara tent and light up another joint. :)

woogie846
12-27-2007, 01:53 PM
On the first day I always roll a joint. I smoke the joint and drink about a six pack of beer on my way from either the campgrounds or my car to the entrance. Last year I didn't finish the joint so I had to stop at the porta potties near the camping entrance to do so. I almost had heatstroke in there. I chase the beer with a couple of bottles of water for hydration. Then once inside I take a stroll around the perimeter and then plop myself down in the Sahara tent and light up another joint. :)

Intriguing. Really.

On the first day I always have to have a slice of Spicy Pie and a Barrett's Lemonade.

kreutz2112
12-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Every morning before we leave the campground to go to the venue we drink an entire fifth of Jack and distribute another fifth to many flasks to sneak in. Once inside we immediately get the little booklet things and go our seperate ways depending on who wants to see what. We reconvene for lunch at the greek vendor and all get gyros and frozen lemonade. Also, if there is a band that someone does not want to watch they go to the Sahara tent usually someone from our group is always there at some point during the day.

drugks Gillespie
12-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Every year I stuff drugs into my shoes until it hurts when I walk through the gates, then I b-line for the port-o-potties and unload. On day two I always have a naanwich but last year I got stiffed. No naanwiches. They better bring them shits back this year.

captncrzy
12-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Thinking about drinking Jack in the heat makes me wanna barf. More power to you for being able to keep it down.

rozza
12-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I always see Perry Farrell's set, no matter what. I feel like I'm not at Coachella until I do that, and I'm not a big fan of his by any stretch of the imagination.

I always get roasted corn on the cob... mmmm.

I use the same booklet every day, mark which sets I've seen and then keep it for posterity. At the end of the festival it's totally grimy and used up, but that's the whole point. Maybe one day I'll frame the ones I have.

goodgrl
12-27-2007, 05:04 PM
1.We head over to a jack in the box ,we dont have them in chicago anymore
2.after we get in I head over to a trailer potty , before they get nasty
3.look for a lil coach booklet
4. head toward the sahara & split up from there.

Botrocker
12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
This is interesting.

kreutz2112
12-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Thinking about drinking Jack in the heat makes me wanna barf. More power to you for being able to keep it down.

Its actually not that bad, in fact it can be quite refreshing after taking a shower. We keep all the bottles in a giant cooler so they are always nice and cold.

Boourns
12-27-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't really have any. I tried to start one this year by bringing bbq chips from Trader Joes and Uno, but nobody was down for either.

I guess, if anything, my new tradition will be standing by the trees at the entrance scoping out the site, getting a booklet, buying a shirt or poster before they run out, and then immediately looking for bbq. That, and smuggling a beer out of the beer garden for an underage camp buddy.

TheWatcher
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Nothing special, but the first thing is to grab the booklet and some water. Then, we go look at the art exhibits and take pictures of the empty polo fields and tents. Next, we go wait at the stage with the first band.

brando4n82
12-28-2007, 06:20 AM
IHOP

whynotsmile99
12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Usually drink the blood of the goat we just slaughted in the parking lot, kill a hippie or two.

Then we pray to this guy, http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/7679/vigo5kd.jpg

blast some Mika from our car and get a frozen lemonade

thelastgreatman
12-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Carpathian kitten loss.

MeowMixer
01-01-2008, 05:55 PM
First, I look at all of the art and the Tesla coil. Then, I help children to get separated from their parents. Every year.

MiamiNate
01-02-2008, 07:55 AM
theres a great mexican place in a strip shopping center(maybe is there a big lots?)that we found randomly a couple years ago. we always go there on the way in on saturday.
last year we tried to eat at as many different burger joints as we could.
that ruby's diner in downtown palm springs isn't bad.

Sexecutioner
01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
i make a stiff red bull-vodka to take with me on my walk to the gates, along with a water or 2. then before i'm almost there, i finish them all and hide all my shit. then i walk through the gates, and hit up the porta potties to piss. then i walk/run to whoever i want to see that is playing at the time. this always takes place at least an hour later than i'd like, since my friends are all giant laggers.

suprefan
01-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Go to a show the night before the first day. And I had setting up camp at sunrise going to a few years, but that ended which sucked and the lack of sleep was a factor. I always go gambling on the way home from Coachella.

Daft Fro
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
So far the ritual has gone thusly:

-First, never leaving West LA on time (I leave sometime in the afternoon Thursday to at least get their by sunset to setup camp)...and then running arbitrary random errands around town before finally getting on the 10 freeway.

-In-n-Out grub stop.

-Having that same shiver every year run up my back and into my brains, right when you finally arrive.

-Making new friends with all of our new neighbors!

-Hastily setting up camping gear, so the quicker you don't have anything to do and are free to party and get fucked up ^_^.

-Having the printout schedule the night before the 1st day, and going over my route of action.

-Getting myself, and everyone around me high as balls in the morning before heading in the gates.

-Yes oh yes, taking a shit load of booklets on the 1st day hahah. Then I walk around the festival grounds, check out new art and everything.

Botrocker
01-04-2008, 03:25 PM
theres a great mexican place in a strip shopping center(maybe is there a big lots?)that we found randomly a couple years ago. we always go there on the way in on saturday.
last year we tried to eat at as many different burger joints as we could.
that ruby's diner in downtown palm springs isn't bad.

Yeah that place is pretty good. It's in the same complex as the Wallgreens. I think that was the only meal I ate on Saturday besides the mushrooms!!

anonimouse
01-07-2008, 05:50 PM
on the way up..http://www.coreylevitan.com/features/images/phoenixtrip/dinosaurs.jpg

brokendesign
01-07-2008, 11:44 PM
get HIGH reAl HIGH all DAY.

suprefan
01-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Oops I forgot one. I always wear the same shirt on Sunday, ever since my first year in 2003. Luckily that shirt has survived all this time. I love my blue Glassjaw shirt to death and hope to never have to retire it.

brokendesign
01-07-2008, 11:57 PM
oh yeah me too.
i wear the same boxers the whole weekend...

letitbe_
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Would you be offended if a N0ob joined you in any of these rituals?

algunz
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Give my husband a BJ in the car at the end of the evening

It seems to bring it all to a happy and healthy resting point.

brokendesign
01-08-2008, 09:49 PM

cant get a better ending to coachella than that!!

Would you be offended if a N0ob joined you in any of these rituals?

noobs welcome!!!

BROKENDOLL
01-08-2008, 10:01 PM

Algunz! I'm ashamed of you! I mean, c'mon...I know it takes awhile to get out of the festival, but you're staying right down the street at Indian Palms! It can't wait?

letitbe_
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Well, I don't particularly want to be a part of THAT ritual.

Sexecutioner
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM

god damn, you say some pretty bad-ass shit sometimes. i think i love you! ;)

and can you talk to my girlfriend about this ritual? although we are usually with other people, so that might be kind of awkward. we usually manage to have sex by the end of the night though, in our room, rv, tent, wherever we may be sleeping that year. but a bj would be even better. no work for me, lol. :)

brycerosen
01-09-2008, 10:47 PM
i pick a fight

thedevious
01-10-2008, 01:52 AM
All hail VIGO!

SheriNOIR
01-10-2008, 02:50 AM
take your shoes off as soon as you enter on the first day. it's all springy and fresh!

Carlo Von Sexron
01-14-2008, 08:20 PM
My ritual is to not have to crap on festival grounds...four years and running strong.

Desert Fenix
01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I would recommend drinking Gatorade a few hours before leaving the house or hotel. If you bring anything with you take aloe vera gel and three or four frozen bottles of water if you plan on being on the grounds all day. I hope the weather is better this year.

nalfsen
01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Going to the goddamned Appleby's in Rancho Mirage after checking in to our motel was on the verge of becoming a ritual, just because we couldn't find anything else open late Friday night in 2004-05.

Fortunately, that came to an end.

Inside the venue, the order of operations is restroom, booklets, water, t-shirts....just like everybody else.

ttboy80
01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
A nice dip in the pool before I leave for the grounds.

I lather up my pasty white ass with some heavy SPF only to forget the second day :D

I head straight for the bracelet line before it gets too big.

RAWK!

Rod Barajas
01-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Drop before I leave my car...Get in...Drink lots of water...Enjoy the warm desert nights and great tunes...Good times :thu

Memorial_07
01-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Stay at the Main Stage for the first act or two.
I don't know why but I always go to that particular stage.

Maybe because it is just straight ahead

MonsoonSeason
01-28-2008, 12:19 AM
i pick a fight

metal

traviscanada
01-28-2008, 12:53 AM
on the way up..http://www.coreylevitan.com/features/images/phoenixtrip/dinosaurs.jpg

Was this from the movie THE WIZARD with that kid who was autistic and played Mario 3 in the tournament?

Gypsy_Punk
01-28-2008, 01:05 AM
I like to light some candles in the campground the night before and then skin a monkey under the glow. I use the pelt as a diaper throughout the weekend. That way I don't have to leave the music EVER.

MonsoonSeason
01-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Was this from the movie THE WIZARD with that kid who was autistic and played Mario 3 in the tournament?

from pee wee's big adventure man

traviscanada
01-28-2008, 02:06 PM
from pee wee's big adventure man

Haha I swear it might have been in the wizard too......
I keep seeing commercials for this show called "Walking with dinosaurs" life size mechanical dinosaurs.

lediable76
01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
me and my g/f get all twisted before going in....then we drink like fishes throughout the rest of the day and end the night with some sort of drunken sex. We also go gambling the day before...

BROKENDOLL
01-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I like to light some candles in the campground the night before and then skin a monkey under the glow. I use the pelt as a diaper throughout the weekend. That way I don't have to leave the music EVER.
I remember standing near you...Too near.

rAnimatorX2
01-30-2008, 09:35 AM

I know, they aren't the greatest but we don't have them in Alaska or much else good for that matter.

Ours too!! Lawl

MarkO
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Water / booklets (one to use, one for a souvenir) / wristband when I go in.
I'm making a trip to Las Casuelas restaurant a ritual too.

Jennzino42
01-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Sorry guys new to this...What are the wristbands you speak of???

Courtney
01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Somehow I missed this thread until now. Good topic, airguitarvet.

Every year I get one of the schedule booklets when I enter on the first day and then sit at the outdoor stage and draw a circle with a sharpie around every act that I want to see.

amyzzz
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
You don't make a print-out of the set times before you go, Courtney? I do that. I get the booklet too though.

amyzzz
01-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry guys new to this...What are the wristbands you speak of???
Wristband to drink alcohol, probably.

Courtney
01-31-2008, 04:58 PM
You don't make a print-out of the set times before you go, Courtney? I do that. I get the booklet too though.

Usually I make a print-out, but then forget to bring it with me. That's kind of part of the ritual too.

Sexecutioner
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM

its all about the excel spreadsheets. oh yea!

matsuolost
02-04-2008, 09:00 PM
i always go to the merch booth and buy only one shirt
the one i was the most excited to see the moment the lineup showed up
06: sigur ros
07: arcade fire
08: will be kraftwerk

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-06-2008, 03:49 PM
my tradition: Drugs and Dancing all 3 days.

SubBass49
03-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Traditions:
- Lots of cheap beer in the parking lot before you go in...
- Del Taco or Burger King in Palm Desert after the show...
- Burger Time for Breakfast before the show...
- Wandering the Motel 6 parking lot nice & drunk and talking to random people from around the world
- Going a bit off-road to get around traffic at the end of the night (pays to have a vehicle w/decent ground clearance (no lifted shit though)

lmwhitter
03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
This will be My 3rd Year

The Do Lab is a must for me every year!!! They are putting on an event for memorial weekend in Sta Barbara (that's in California for you turists!) check it out www.lightninginabottle.com

fatbastard
03-17-2008, 03:20 PM
-Date shake on the way home

-Try a different restaurant for lunch

-Swim

-Nap

jimmycrackcorn
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
put graffiti on my car windows (coachella propaganda) a week before the festival and then keep it on for 2 weeks after the festival :thu

Hightide148
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
me and my buddys always wake up, smoke a joint or two, and grab a corn on the cob and cheese fries. ah, the life of coachella

zenidogx
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
lemonade slushy

MantisMel
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Wake and bake, Bloody Mary's every morning, sneaking in a flask of Tequila, and Tequila Lemonade slushies all day!!

lmwhitter
03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
put graffiti on my car windows (coachella propaganda) a week before the festival and then keep it on for 2 weeks after the festival :thu

YEAH!!!!

Wheres the beef?
03-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Ritual performed outside the venue......drawing penis's on all the dusty car windows. I know its childish but goddam if it isnt hilarious. And I know I'm not the only one who does it.

fatbastard
03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
You do this? Love your work.

drowningmatt
03-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Ritual performed outside the venue......drawing penis's on all the dusty car windows. I know its childish but goddam if it isnt hilarious. And I know I'm not the only one who does it.

Childish? I shall toast thee with my heartiest wine good sir. Who doesn't enjoy drawing penis's on dusty windows? No one, that's who.

donthasselthehof
03-17-2008, 07:08 PM

im smoking you out

Norwalkguy
03-18-2008, 10:57 PM
the best thing my friends and i do ever year is the post-coachella parking lot party. I fill two ice chests full of beer and let is sit all day while im in the festival. Usually two 12 packs of the good stuff and an 18 pack of the cheapy stuff and last year we had rounds of bloody marys .Whats better than that? I also dont usually drink till the sun goes down so by the time i get to the car its time to do some serious damage. Plus theres no better way to kill time waiting for the traffic to die down. It usually turns into us dancing to the car stereo (Usually to something tastless ..I think last year the track of the night was Maxine Nightingales "Right back where we started from"...Whatever, we have great bad taste). Its great cause you just party and just exchange experiences with the friends of yours you lost and just generally enjoy the post coachella bliss. Jeez i cant wait for parking lot party 2008!

Debbie Downer
03-18-2008, 11:22 PM
the best thing my friends and i do ever year is the post-coachella parking lot party. I fill two ice chests full of beer and let is sit all day while im in the festival. Usually two 12 packs of the good stuff and an 18 pack of the cheapy stuff and last year we had rounds of bloody marys .Whats better than that? I also dont usually drink till the sun goes down so by the time i get to the car its time to do some serious damage. Plus theres no better way to kill time waiting for the traffic to die down. It usually turns into us dancing to the car stereo (Usually to something tastless ..I think last year the track of the night was Maxine Nightingales "Right back where we started from"...Whatever, we have great bad taste). Its great cause you just party and just exchange experiences with the friends of yours you lost and just generally enjoy the post coachella bliss. Jeez i cant wait for parking lot party 2008!

partying in the camping area > partying in the parking lot

fatbastard
03-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Prince>Maxine Nightingale

jimmycrackcorn
03-19-2008, 09:12 AM

this reminds me of the fat kid on superbad who compulsively draws penises...
granted they WERE funny

CalmerThanYou
03-19-2008, 09:16 AM
My buddy had a very nice "COACHELLA" keyed on the hood of his car when we left last year. It's still there...I'm sure he would have preferred a dust penis over this.

nationocean
03-19-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm getting Coachella tattooed to my forehead baby!!!

- but backwards so i can read it in the mirror!

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
My buddy had a very nice "COACHELLA" keyed on the hood of his car when we left last year. It's still there...I'm sure he would have preferred a dust penis over this.

thank you, rage against the machine.

i don't have any rituals. i didn't used to smoke, back in 2003-2005. i smoked a lot 2006-2007. but no like, set plan. i brought in about 15 joints a day though.

this year, i'm tripping and rolling all weekend. and smoking those 15 joints too. but uhm... iunno what else. i'm down to make some rituals. i'm sure something will come to mind with all the drgz.

nationocean
03-19-2008, 10:07 AM
oh yeah, the DUST and MUD all over the cars at the end of the night is crazy. then everyone writes words or draws something.. good times.

BROKENDOLL
03-19-2008, 10:29 AM
My buddy had a very nice "COACHELLA" keyed on the hood of his car when we left last year. It's still there...I'm sure he would have preferred a dust penis over this. I think he should key in 2007, then 2008 below the Coachella job. Wouldn't matter what kind of car he had...It would be considered a classic, no?

RickeyinLA
03-19-2008, 11:18 AM
A burger and beer breakfast at Burgers & Beers at 82530 H'wy 111.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I have fun all the time and am constantly excited and happy. Thats my ritual

CalmerThanYou
03-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I think he should key in 2007, then 2008 below the Coachella job. Wouldn't matter what kind of car he had...It would be considered a classic, no?

He should do this, maybe he should donate it as an art piece?

The RATM Custom Lexus.

HEADSTRUCK
03-19-2008, 06:33 PM
this reminds me of the fat kid on superbad who compulsively draws penises...
granted they WERE funny

i hear like 8% of kids have that problem

Geno_g
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Get my wristband, go get the schedule, and stand in front of those cool fans in the front entrance. After party at the campgrounds is the shit, I remember after RAGE everybody joined in a yelling wave that swept the campground, but the best thing about camping on site is the day's before the shows you can hear the main stage's sound check.

ADGZ662
03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Every year I get piss dunk in the parking lot I take my ice chest drink up toke up. I dont give a shit who i am with they have to wait till I finish everything some people i've gone with pussy out and want to pace themselves & I yell fuuck no this is Coachella Fest!!! being that I always provide the tickets they have no choice but to tough it out with me. I love lookin at their faces all faded n its only 10:30 a.m. its an expression of happiness with a lil fear cuz its usaully hot as fuk out. Well ha last year after doing that for 5 yrs straight I failed my own ritual by early afternoon on friday I began to have heat stroke and went blind temporarly until I was hosed down. My ritual will go on this year I WILL NOOOT FAIIIIIIILLLLLLLL Polo fields no I wont long live my ritual no hard liqour this yr no no mmmmm maybe till 4:30.

Wheres the beef?
03-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Every year I get piss dunk in the parking lot I take my ice chest drink up toke up. I dont give a shit who i am with they have to wait till I finish everything some people i've gone with pussy out and want to pace themselves & I yell fuuck no this is Coachella Fest!!! being that I always provide the tickets they have no choice but to tough it out with me. I love lookin at their faces all faded n its only 10:30 a.m. its an expression of happiness with a lil fear cuz its usaully hot as fuk out. Well ha last year after doing that for 5 yrs straight I failed my own ritual by early afternoon on friday I began to have heat stroke and went blind temporarly until I was hosed down. My ritual will go on this year I WILL NOOOT FAIIIIIIILLLLLLLL Polo fields no I wont long live my ritual no hard liqour this yr no no mmmmm maybe till 4:30.

RAAAGE!

ZackQ
03-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Eating copius amounts of In and Out Burger and also making a Thursday afternoon trip to TJ, those are our traditions.

gemnifer
03-24-2008, 07:57 PM

i always see that and never know what it is. what is it?

SubBass49
03-25-2008, 04:47 AM
Dude.

Really?

http://www.freewebs.com/tim_burton/pee%20wee.JPG

Sonicifyouwantit
03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
i always see that and never know what it is. what is it?

Dude.

Really?

It makes an appearance in Pee Wees big adventure...its one of those old road side oddities that were built decades ago when Americans took their great American Road Trips. In the Brontosaurus there is a gift shop.

Edit: Oh also an appearance in one of the old Cheerleader Cult films

johnnypolite
03-25-2008, 07:01 PM
I always keep one of those little booklets with the schedule. And I always make sure to visit the Bicycle Rodeo.

McAwesome
03-26-2008, 02:36 PM

It is from the Wizard, I still have it on VHS!!

McAwesome
03-26-2008, 02:37 PM

I didn't get a penis on my car last year ):

humanoid
03-27-2008, 12:40 AM

where are you going to park this year? I'll put my penis on your car

I'm sorry, I'm embarrassed for sinking to such a juvenile level....I couldn't resist though!

frozen pilgrim
03-27-2008, 06:44 AM
I'm getting Coachella tattooed to my forehead baby!!!

- but backwards so i can read it in the mirror!

I actually am getting a coachella tattoo.
my best friend joey is a tattoo artist and she's coming with me this year. she's going to do a back piece with a music in the desert theme. I'll obviously post here when it happens

Basskitten85
03-27-2008, 08:32 AM
effin Denny's

shakermaker113
03-27-2008, 08:38 AM
It makes an appearance in Pee Wees big adventure...its one of those old road side oddities that were built decades ago when Americans took their great American Road Trips. In the Brontosaurus there is a gift shop.

Edit: Oh also an appearance in one of the old Cheerleader Cult films

those dinosaurs also make an appearance in the video for Oasis' Supersonic. I think it was the US version of the video, I forget though.

the same footage was later re-used in their video for Some Might Say, which was made entirely out of footage from earlier videos.

every year I travelled to Coachella thursday after dark, so I never even knew the dinosaurs were there. it wasn't until the coachella film that I found out. last year was the first time I travelled during the day, and the first time I saw the dinosaurs.

BROKENDOLL
03-27-2008, 11:05 AM
I actually am getting a coachella tattoo.
my best friend joey is a tattoo artist and she's coming with me this year. she's going to do a back piece with a music in the desert theme. I'll obviously post here when it happens Looking forward to seeing that! Is there any chance you could incorporate a pyramid into the scene?

drowningmatt
03-27-2008, 11:09 AM
How do you get there, the dino thing? If I'm coming from l.a.?

algunz
03-27-2008, 11:13 AM

You probably miss it, because they built that ugly fast food restaurant in front of it. Fucking capitalists!

algunz
03-27-2008, 11:16 AM
effin Denny's

This was our ritual too, until that Monday without a Mexican.

There were chains on the doors.

We ended up stopping at that "big chicken on the roof" restaurant.

michaelmontanez
03-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Dude.

Really?

Last time I went out to California was to get my bike. I tried to sleep on a blanket, below the dinosaurs, and there was a military convoy there, and after they left, all of these people started taking pictures of stuff, and I decided that I couldn't sleep, and kept driving. It was just then that I remembered pee wee's big adventure, and it kept me from falling asleep.

bobert
03-27-2008, 12:30 PM

Hah, guilty as charged.

algunz
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I got a nice big penis on my passenger side window and forgot all about it until I got home from work on Tuesday. OOoops.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-27-2008, 01:29 PM
It is from the Wizard, I still have it on VHS!!

keep that vhs its worth money, I have a friends that sells odd things on ebay and amazon thats why I know....also vhs copies of howard the duck go for $40 and up...go figure.

I'll put one on your car!

where are you going to park this year? I'll put my penis on your car

I'm sorry, I'm embarrassed for sinking to such a juvenile level....I couldn't resist though!

I know, I had to do it too! (above)

Looking forward to seeing that! Is there any chance you could incorporate a pyramid into the scene?

Its right off the 10 freeway, north side.

CalmerThanYou
03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
This was our ritual too, until that Monday without a Mexican.

There were chains on the doors.

We ended up stopping at that "big chicken on the roof" restaurant.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/kolbycap/roosterbackground-1.jpg

I'm fond of this place...

Blinken
03-27-2008, 03:19 PM
you're fond of cock?

CalmerThanYou
03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
you're fond of cock?

Eh...really?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Speaking of the little booklets, I was cleaning out my truck today and found deep in one of the seat pockets my 2006 schedule!

Kurosawa
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
keep that vhs its worth money, I have a friends that sells odd things on ebay and amazon thats why I know....also vhs copies of howard the duck go for $40 and up...go figure.

Because it's never been officially released on DVD (Howard the Duck, that is), which is an absolute travesty. Jeffrey Jones shines in that flick and there's duck boobs -- how can you go wrong?

Sonicifyouwantit
04-21-2008, 08:01 PM
I usually watch Trainspotting the night before I leave, just gets me in the mood for coachella...probably the underworld songs. In the detox scene where underworld is playing Ewan see's a vision of his girlfriend and she's singing lyrics from Temptation by New Order...when I saw hot chip last year they were playing no fit state and blended it with temptation...the same lyrics the girl was singing. That made me jump and scream.

theaenimatool
04-21-2008, 08:14 PM
usually watch the coachella movie the night before, and on the way out on the drive get coffee and water and listen to as many cds of the bands that are playing as we can. when i get in the venue, usually get a water and a schedule and lay under a shade tent to see who i have to miss that day. then i walk around and look at all the art and shit before the first band i want to see plays.

god i love this fucking festival, i remember seeing the movie in the theatres and it got me so pumped for 2006. now i own it and every time i watch it i get this warm feeling inside.

plus im camping this year so ill prob make new rituals regarding that, like taking a shit every morning in the toilets before i find that pleasant vision of poop, jizz, sweat, and vomit all mashed together like cold stones at the bottom of that hole

shakermaker113
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM

go to the Wheel Inn Restaurant (http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=Wheel+Inn+Restaurant&near=Cabazon,+CA&fb=1&cid=33919668,-116774002,12672388412612305861&li=lmd&z=14&iwloc=A), right off the 10.

apachedino
04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Stop and eat at Playoffs in Mesquite and watch the playoffs. Jazz are gonna sweep.

bballarl
04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I usually offer up a ritualistic blood sacrifice to Paul Tollet around 1:00 on the first day of Coachella. This takes place at the Tesla Coil.

uniform72
04-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Hair of the Dog bar on the strip in Palm Springs.

Sonicifyouwantit
04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
At the end of the festival, monday after check out we all meet up and eat at las casuelas before hitting the road back to LA.

http://www.lascasuelas.com/

Robosexual
04-23-2008, 03:26 PM
butt secks behind Jack in the Box

jimmycrackcorn
04-24-2008, 08:06 AM

ahhhh i can't wait :confused:
if you see me on the road honk :thu

zomgitsme
04-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I usually grab a bunch of coachella booklets. It's not my fault if you didn't get one because you arrived too late! (or only went the last day)

Oh wow I do that too.

locachica73
04-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Hair of the Dog bar on the strip in Palm Springs.

I went to this bar a few months ago on the way to LA. The older lady bartender there makes the BEST bloody mary I have ever had!!!

zomgitsme
04-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Wake and bake, Bloody Mary's every morning, sneaking in a flask of Tequila, and Tequila Lemonade slushies all day!!

Hardcore, I love BLoody Mary's!!!

Goodtoknow
04-24-2008, 02:24 PM
i like to shave my entire body...just to get prepped for the anti-chafing cream.

jimmycrackcorn
03-21-2010, 08:48 AM
:bump

bored on the board...
26 days out and i'm getting more and more anxious...
enjoyed reading these old posts

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
03-21-2010, 09:42 AM
I take a ritual dump every year, right after I do my ritual pray to the sun god, Ra.

juloxx
03-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Dont forget your ritual un-funny posts leading up to the festival

digitaldragon03
03-21-2010, 01:03 PM
haha

HandBanana
03-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Day one, every year I kiss the ground after coming in the main gate. For srz

Egull
03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Before we walk in each day:
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs033.snc1/3248_1089963842948_1042020170_30252337_6094385_n.j pg

jimmycrackcorn
03-21-2010, 04:23 PM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs033.snc1/3248_1089963842948_1042020170_30252337_6094385_n.j pg

niiiiice :thu

HAMMERHEAD
03-21-2010, 05:31 PM

fortunately we'll have more time to pregame this year, no more beer wearing off 10 minutes after we get in the gates haha

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
03-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Dont forget your ritual un-funny posts leading up to the festival

Looks like you got that covered, chief!

fiopadp7791
03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Day one, every year I kiss the ground after coming in the main gate. For srz

I knew I couldn't be the only one who did this... After missing last year, I'm gonna also hug a palm and make out with it for awhile.

In the morning at the campsite, I tan my pale Minnesota ass... you know... like when it's only in the mid 80s temp-wise as opposed to the mid 90s. Usually when I go to Cali for the fest, I haven't had real exposure to the sun for a good 4-5 months leading up to this. So it's needed.

meaganpeach
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM

Not that good!? They are amazing, I live 15 minutes away from one and I can't get enough.

yummm.

IRSCOTT
03-24-2010, 12:31 AM
i like to shave my entire body...just to get prepped for the anti-chafing cream.

last year I let my g/f wax my back. now I'm not a real bad hairy guy but every year I seem to have a lil' bit more going on. the whole weekend I had red bumps allover my back needless to say i will rock my 34 and 1/2 back hairs this time around. and do it with pride.

getbetter
03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I get drunk before setting up my tent

artisticcreator
03-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Coachella Cannabis Cup and lots of Belgian Beir!

algunz
03-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Road Sodas!!!

flowbee
03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Make a Coachella mp3 playlist, land at PSP airport on Wednesday, get off the back of the plane via the staircase and marvel at the 90+ degree sun, get a date shake at Hadley Fruit Orchards, a visit to the Cabazon Dinosaurs, A trip up the tram to enjoy the fresh air and try to spot the polo fields with a telescope, Village Fest in Palm Springs Thursday night, printing out a set times schedule and mapping out a plan, copious amounts of sunscreen applied and always getting some in my eye, get stuck in ridiculous traffic early afternoon on Friday on Monroe Street because I keep forgetting about the other route in, debating over what landmark to meet at inside the festival after we lose each other for most the day, then failing to meet back at agreed landmark.

dantoro
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
going to the Sahara tent too late after the final mainstage act... abusing too many substances at once, drinking too much, smoking too much and so on. I always loose something... ipod, sunglasses, what else did i loose?
im only drinking this year.... that is it. and i vow to take more pics
Plus i got swine flu last year.

jimmycrackcorn
04-11-2010, 06:30 PM
A trip up the tram to enjoy the fresh air and try to spot the polo fields with a telescope

there's still snow up there right now!

jimmycrackcorn
04-11-2010, 06:31 PM
this years edition...

lagirlwithstyle
04-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Slam a beer in the parking lot, take cute excited pics, agree on a meeting spot and get an alcohol wristband before running off towards whatever act that we had to see.

i know my best friend goes and eats a gyro. i always buy a lineup poster the first day.

do u do something special every year?

lawney
04-15-2010, 08:22 AM
on thurday night i eat a stouffers rigotoni pasta microwave dinner. a sacred sacrament

Miasmom
04-15-2010, 09:59 AM

Look to the left at Cabazon

elChurro
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I tend to look for the largest crowd, make my in and smoke a joint... then I'm set.

sushibandita
04-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I roll all my weed in to joints on Thursday so I have them ready for each day of the festival, then of course I sample one to make sure its not poisonous.

mikecc
04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
one of the people in our group buys a handle of belvedere every year. my wallet wasnt happy when it was my turn this year