PDA

View Full Version : ppl buying the $355 tix on eaby are not fans. think about it

longbeach90803
01-28-2007, 08:51 AM
i've been reading all of these posts about ppl being stupid an buying rage tix for $355. first this is how it works on that site. i've seen this happen in front of me by ppl who run business' on there.

right now the tix are so hot no one wants to pay the huge prices. think, the only ppl wanting these tix sooooooo bad are..........scalpers. the other scalpers realizing this super-inflate the tix prices. how do they do this? they have their friends bid for them on a separate ip address. it's a game between all of them. scalpers don't care what the prices go to because they know they call sell them for, are you ready? at least $500 and above once the 3-day passes are gone. absolutely no one who cares about making money on this cares about friday and saturday night.

so, stop calling ppl stupid for buying these tix on ebay. THEY ARE SCALPERS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! i think it's disgusting but at least now you guys might understand what's going on here. they're playing a game to see who will pay the most and they bid against each other. they're driving up their own tix illegaly and selling them to other agents.

trust me, when radiohead played my girlfriend sold her tix to a broker for $1k. these rage tix are like beatle tix to those who are crazy about them. i wouldn't be surprised to see many overseas or out of state fans paying close to $500-1k per ticket a couples weeks before the show. these tix are the hottest things available outside of the superbowl. i hate to say it but if you aren't willing to pay the 3-day price or buy the single days for around $230 you WILL NOT get a better deal down the road. i know it sucks but this is the market in california. very sleezy ppl indeed

johanis9
01-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Right on brother, you are absolutly right, once the 3 day sells out it's going to be absolutly rediculous. That is exactly why people are buying the tix for over $400. They know that it's going to get worse down the road.

longbeach90803
01-28-2007, 09:53 AM
it's actually exactly right. sounds stupid and sad i know. brokers will get top dollar down the road. remember, i'm not talking about the here and now. i'm talking about prices two months down the road when everything is sold out and the $400 investment turns into a $200 profit

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Right on brother, you are absolutly right, once the 3 day sells out it's going to be absolutly rediculous. That is exactly why people are buying the tix for over $400. They know that it's going to get worse down the road.

No, that can't be right. They're spending over $400 because they don't know any better...3-day passes are available through Ticketmaster for a full $100 less than that (after fees).

johanis9
01-28-2007, 10:00 AM
You are right Mystagogue, but your missing the BIG picture. Scalpers are trying to buy the one day sunday passes on ebay right now because the three day is not sold out. Once the event sells out which it will, then they will list there tickets and it will be alot more than $400. Thats why they are willing to pay $400 right now, because it is cheap compared to what it will be.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I guess so...oh well, I guess there's no way to really know who is actually buying all of these tickets.

suprefan
01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah they are buying them themselves and waiting.. They circle like vultures and strike when they are ready. Check craigslist, you will see "looking for 2-8 Rage Tickets, will pay top $$$". Thats scalpers trying to buy in bulk now and kind of take a hit on getting them but just waiting another month or so and they will make their real profits..

longbeach90803
01-28-2007, 11:33 AM
exactly. that's why i suggest to buy them now. it sucks but if u really want to see them then pay the price or buy the 3-day and sell the friday and saturday tix. i really wouldn't be surprised if prices hit $1k a week before the show

suprefan
01-28-2007, 11:36 AM
exactly. that's why i suggest to buy them now. it sucks but if u really want to see them then pay the price or buy the 3-day and sell the friday and saturday tix. i really wouldn't be surprised if prices hit $1k a week before the show

Yeah but you could be saying this also because you are selling a pair of Rage tickets right now on there and just want to make your little profit. As Radiohead said it the best "Take the money and run"...

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 11:39 AM
You are right Mystagogue, but your missing the BIG picture. Scalpers are trying to buy the one day sunday passes on ebay right now because the three day is not sold out. Once the event sells out which it will, then they will list there tickets and it will be alot more than $400. Thats why they are willing to pay $400 right now, because it is cheap compared to what it will be.

I disagree.

Some people are far too stupid and have far too much money to know better, or care.

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah but you could be saying this also because you are selling a pair of Rage tickets right now on there and just want to make your little profit. As Radiohead said it the best "Take the money and run"...

HAHAHA!

The FACT of all this remains - yo can go buy a 3 DAY FUCKING PASS for UNDER $300, a legit, in hand 3 day pass. All of specualtion is just greedy stupidity. I hope it bites them in the wallet - all of those scumbags can go fucking die.

fatbastard
01-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Mantra for ticket discussion.

Tickets are available for all 3 days.

You missed the opportunity to purchase 3 day passes

You will have to pay extra to buy tickets for each day individually

You are able to buy tickets from Goldenvoice or Ticketmaster

Don't allow the message board hype to sway you into thinking otherwise.

longbeach90803
01-28-2007, 11:48 AM
not selling just trying to help out. living in so cal i've gone through this with almost every popular event. i know scalpers and i know their methods. i haven't attempted to sell anything on here. trying to inform and educate that's all

suprefan
01-28-2007, 11:55 AM
not selling just trying to help out. living in so cal i've gone through this with almost every popular event. i know scalpers and i know their methods. i haven't attempted to sell anything on here. trying to inform and educate that's all

You never know.. Wolves do come in sheeps clothing... I do know their methods also, this could be one of them. But yes we need to educate the masses on their mistakes..

Montius
01-28-2007, 12:18 PM

That makes no sense. They can pay $300 to get a Sunday pass, along with Fri/Sat. Not only will this save them money (they can also sell the Fri/Sat tickets), but it will help reach the sold-out state they are all wetting themselves over.

Saying they're buying Sunday tickets because they will increase is price is stupid, considering they can get the Sunday ticket, and then some, for less money.

longbeach90803
01-28-2007, 12:33 PM
how is this stupid? in an attempt to accumiliate as many tix as possible they purchase them early. in two months when these are $500-1k which they undoubtably will be they will have a stock of tix. i'm not saying this is stupid or smart but this is what is happening. they're not looking at short term they are looking months down the road. they're turning and burning like non scalpers are doing in order to get their money back

poulanium
01-28-2007, 01:44 PM
how is this stupid? in an attempt to accumiliate as many tix as possible they purchase them early. in two months when these are $500-1k which they undoubtably will be they will have a stock of tix. i'm not saying this is stupid or smart but this is what is happening. they're not looking at short term they are looking months down the road. they're turning and burning like non scalpers are doing in order to get their money back

This theory holds water only if nothing changes between now and when the concert is (3 months). If (a) more single day passes or released (b) Rage Against the Machine schedules other shows/tour, between now and the concert, the street price is going to go way down.

suprefan
01-28-2007, 02:17 PM
This theory holds water only if nothing changes between now and when the concert is (3 months). If (a) more single day passes or released (b) Rage Against the Machine schedules other shows/tour, between now and the concert, the street price is going to go way down.

I think they are bound by contract until after Coachella to announce any shows. GV knows that if there are shows announced that Coachella is going to be an aftethought and not the "event" its supposed to be..