PDA

View Full Version : trying to book a hotel today ---- help?

ThunderInTheSky
12-20-2007, 10:36 AM
hey, so I am plan on going back to Indio next year for Coachella and I am looking to book a hotel now, am I too late? what are my options?

invisiblerobots
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/05/delorean.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEBPE6gWE7rT_6sopCOc8Ix0q7ITQ

luckyface
12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
You could always search the Internet to see what's available. It's worth a shot.

LarbFlonsen
12-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Depends on how much you want to spend and how far away you want to be. On the cheap(er) side, hotwire has a hotel in Palm Springs for $89/nt (it's the Travelodge - I booked it a while back at $70/nt). Who knows, it's probably a dump, though. AAA's site had some decent rates if you're a member.

captncrzy
12-20-2007, 10:48 AM
www.expedia.com
www.travelocity.com
www.travelworm.com
www.hotels.com

invisiblerobots
12-20-2007, 10:52 AM
http://coachella.com/visitors/hotels

faxman75
12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
If you are staying in palm springs, plan ahead for long travel times to and from fest.

thank you

MiamiNate
12-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm staying at the travel lodge too, we booked in the beginning of november.
coachella will have great music, so don't ever wait until the lineup announcement to book a room.

LarbFlonsen
12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
If you are staying in palm springs, plan ahead for long travel times to and from fest.

thank you

Yep, I agree for the most part. Getting there (early) in the morning is pretty quick, but waiting in the parking lot followed by 25 miles to the hotel can be a drag.

scoop49er
12-21-2007, 05:05 AM
staying in palm spings is not bad at all. getting to the festival is no problem and it all depends on when u leave. if u plan to hang around till the end then start drifting towards the exit so you can get out failry easy. but if u drag ass then yeah its a drag to wait in the lot... im staying in palm springs and from last year, its a good spot...

gaypalmsprings
12-21-2007, 05:37 AM
You could stay with me, except Daft Punk is staying at my house, my house.

captncrzy
12-21-2007, 08:34 AM
You could stay with me, except Daft Punk is staying at my house, my house.

You should have a pre party Thursday night.

dontfeedthebird
12-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Did I hear pre party at GPS'?!?!

ArcadeParade
12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Depends on how much you want to spend and how far away you want to be. On the cheap(er) side, hotwire has a hotel in Palm Springs for $89/nt (it's the Travelodge - I booked it a while back at $70/nt). Who knows, it's probably a dump, though. AAA's site had some decent rates if you're a member.

Travelodge in Palm Springs wasn't a dump in '05

LarbFlonsen
12-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Travelodge in Palm Springs wasn't a dump in '05

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up.

captncrzy
12-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Did I hear pre party at GPS'?!?!

Yes, I'm volunteering him since he has the house and probably throws a fabulous soiree.

JustSteve
12-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm staying at the travel lodge too, we booked in the beginning of november.
coachella will have great music, so don't ever wait until the lineup announcement to book a room.

just book a room right after the conclusion of coachella each year if the hotels will let you. some you have to wait a few months before booking opens up for that time period. but the point is, just book early and cancel if you have to. it doesn't cost a thing to make a reservation or to cancel it whenever you want.

microlovebeat
12-22-2007, 07:00 AM
just book a room right after the conclusion of coachella each year if the hotels will let you. some you have to wait a few months before booking opens up for that time period. but the point is, just book early and cancel if you have to. it doesn't cost a thing to make a reservation or to cancel it whenever you want.

mine required a deposit

gaypalmsprings
12-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Yes, I'm volunteering him since he has the house and probably throws a fabulous soiree.

"soiree" is so, well, so GAY !!

TheWatcher
12-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Wow! :eek: The past few years, there were still reasonably priced hotels available at this time of year. Looking at Expedia and CheapHotels.com, there are only a few very expensive resorts ($300+) are available, unless you want to drive back to Palm Springs each night. I found a few rooms in Palm Springs for less than $200 per night.

Maybe it's because they announced the dates before they usually do?

I am glad we reserved a room back in July. I didn't think I could handle the drive back to Palm Springs each night, so we're staying at a Marriott in Palm Desert for $129/night.