TomAz
12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
uTZpgZ49Q4k

caco0283
12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
tom i hate you...i was being lazy and got stuck watching that dumb trailer

TomAz
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Batman, Sponge Bob.. it's all the same to me.

Alchemy
12-18-2007, 02:49 PM
It looks cool but it sounds like Ledger is trying to sound like Jack Nicholson more than he is trying to sound like the Joker... And not doing such a great job at it.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Aw yeah, there's the pathetic excuse for a villain I was looking for out of Heath. Good Heath. Way to fulfill everyone's expectations that you weren't remotely up to this task.

wmgaretjax
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
i actually think ledger looks like he might be OK. less of a caricature than Nicholson was, and a little more deranged. I don't think the film looks very good though.

shakermaker113
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
some interview snippets from both Ledger and Nicholson:

DRE: Is doing the role of The Joker scary after Jack Nicholson did it so well?

HL: I’m not going for the same thing he went for. That would be stupid. It is also two very different directors with different styles. Tim Burton did a more fantastical kind of thing and Chris Nolan is doing nitty gritty handheld realism. I love what [Jack] did and that is part of why I want to do that role. I remember seeing it and thinking how much fun it would be to put on that mask and attempt to do something along those lines. But it would obviously be murder if I tried to imitate what he did.

source (http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=90305).

MTV: What do you think of another actor, Heath Ledger, playing the Joker in next summer's "The Dark Knight"?

Nicholson: Let me be the way I'm not in interviews. I'm furious. I'm furious. [He laughs.] They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that! Nobody ever asked me.

MTV: It was never brought up?

Nicholson: No. It's like, in any area, you can't believe the reasons things do or don't happen. Not asking me how to do the sequel is that kind of thing. Maybe it's not a mistake. Maybe it was the right thing, but to be candid, I'm furious.

MTV: I'm surprised to hear you sounding competitive about a role like that.

Nicholson: Well, the Joker comes from my childhood. That's how I got involved with it in the first place. It's a part I always thought I should play.

MTV: Will you see the new film?

Nicholson: I'm not inclined to watch it because of what I said. But if it's a good movie, I'll catch up with it somewhere. I don't think they ever really captured Tim Burton's spirit [since he stopped being involved]. They kind of drove the franchise into the ground. Tim Burton's a genius. He had the right take on it. That's why I did the movie. I did the movie based on a single conversation with him. We both come from the cartoon world originally. We had similar ideas. Tim said [the Joker] should have a humorous dark side to him. [Burton is] one of the great moviemakers. I think the world of him. He's the most unassuming man. And he doesn't feel pressure. That's what I love about him. Once he's in there, he's smiling making the movie. That's it!

source (http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1573617/20071106/story.jhtml)

I personally think he looks pretty good from the trailer, but let's wait until the movie is out until we start judging.

Alchemy
12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Why hasn't anybody told Jack that these are not sequels?

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, they're not, but they are.

kreutz2112
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
they're not.

amyzzz
12-18-2007, 05:44 PM
All I can say is if Christian Bale is in it, I'm watching it. He's got star power.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, they are. Technically even a prequel is still a sequel.

Deviate_420
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
That trailer is fucking EPIC!!!

gaypalmsprings
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
2 weekends ago I saw the 1966 movie "Batman" in Palm Springs. I saw Adam West & Lee Meriwether (Catwoman in the movie), as well as Julie Newmar (Catwoman in the TV series). You should see it if you never have. POW!

shakermaker113
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
they aren't sequels. they aren't prequels. the storyline has changed. the tim burton films don't continue from the christopher nolan films, and vice-versa. they draw from the same sources, but have no direct depedency on each other.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 07:11 PM
You're right, and you're not. In the context of each individual set's world, no they are not sequels. But in our world they most definitely are. It is the sixth Batman movie.

menikmati
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
They're not sequels/prequels. There's no continuity between the tim burton/joel schumacher films (which are sequels) and the Christopher Nolan series. End of story.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
No, not remotely end of story. You're talking about two different kinds of sequence.

Mr.Nipples
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
fuck batman!

dorkfish
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
according to Randy, that shot by shot remake of Psycho was a sequel.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
That was a remake. That's not even a good comparison. But yes, it is.

Gentlemen, I beg you to please try and think reasonable for a moment. First, is Batman Forever a sequel to Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns? You'll say yes. By whose decree? Joel Schumacher's? I'll bet Tim Burton would say that's not a sequel to his movies. Yet, it is. And Batman Begins is still a sequel. It is part of the Batman franchise--a sequel in that it follows a sequence of movies. It is not a sequel in the continuity of the story.

rage patton
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
When I heard Heath Ledger was playing the joker, I instantly thought it was the wrong decision.
Now after seeing the trailers, I think Heath may actually do a pretty damn good voice. His character looks great and he sounds really good too.
I can't believe Jack Nicholson is so bitter about this. How weird would it be having a younger looking Batman, with an old ass Joker? No disrespect. I love Jack Nicholson. But it doesn't make logical sense to have him as the Joker in this movie.

luckyface
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
So... the 1989 Batman was the sequel to the 1966 movie starring Adam West then?

luckyface
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
When I heard Heath Ledger was playing the joker, I instantly thought it was the wrong decision.
Now after seeing the trailers, I think Heath may actually do a pretty damn good voice. His character looks great and he sounds really good too.
I can't believe Jack Nicholson is so bitter about this. How weird would it be having a younger looking Batman, with an old ass Joker? No disrespect. I love Jack Nicholson. But it doesn't make logical sense to have him as the Joker in this movie.

And it's not like he created the Joker. I could understand him feeling threatened to some extent, but come on. No way he needed to be consulted.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 07:47 PM
So... the 1989 Batman was the sequel to the 1966 movie starring Adam West then?

Wasn't a theatrical release, now was it?

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 07:49 PM
And not "the" sequel, but yes, it is "a" sequel no matter what. Literally: that which follows.

menikmati
12-18-2007, 07:53 PM
That was a remake. That's not even a good comparison. But yes, it is.

Gentlemen, I beg you to please try and think reasonable for a moment. First, is Batman Forever a sequel to Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns? You'll say yes. By whose decree? Joel Schumacher's? I'll bet Tim Burton would say that's not a sequel to his movies. Yet, it is. And Batman Begins is still a sequel. It is part of the Batman franchise--a sequel in that it follows a sequence of movies. It is not a sequel in the continuity of the story.

Actually Tim Burton does consider Batman Forever and Batman & Robin to be sequels to his first two films. He even had a hand in selecting and encouraging Joel to take on the projects and direct (because it was Tim who was asked first to do a third film - heck even Michael Keaton was asked to play Batman again), so there, the two Schumacher films ARE sequels to the first two Batman movies, you can't argue different. Heck, there are even references to Batman Returns in Batman Forever.

The Nolan Batman's have NOTHING to do with the previous four films made. In Nolan's world, the previous four might as well not exist. There's nothing related story/character/anything wise between the new films and the old franchise. So sitting here trying to argue they're "sequels" is stupid. What, because they both have the word "Batman" in the title? I guess "The Lost World" films (1925, 1960, 1997) are all related as well then?

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
There's nothing related? You mean besides all the characters they have in common?

How about Night of the Living Dead and Return of the Living Dead? No continuous characters/directors/producers whatsoever. Are they sequels or not?

Deviate_420
12-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Batman and Robin and Batman Forever ARE sequels to the Tim Burton Batmans. Batman Begins and the new one are sequels, but an adaptation of the first series ( Batman and robin, Batman Forever and the other 2).

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:32 PM
What does Batman and Robin have in common with Burton's Batmans that Batman Begins doesn't?

menikmati
12-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Continuity. I'm outta here.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Did all the Planet of the Apes have continuity?

Mr.Nipples
12-18-2007, 08:37 PM
How about Night of the Living Dead and Return of the Living Dead? No continuous characters/directors/producers whatsoever. Are they sequels or not?

yes and no...

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Exactly.

Deviate_420
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM
What does Batman and Robin have in common with Burton's Batmans that Batman Begins doesn't?

They both deal with a fantasy Gotham City and the styles are clearly trying to make a live action comic movie. Batman Begins is trying to make the story more realistic, more believable.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:43 PM
And the characters of Bruce Wayne, Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, his parents being dead, him being a superhero, it being a fucking Batman movie...

Deviate_420
12-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Being a similar storyline and a sequel are 2 different things. You can also say they are adaptations they are all a series but not sequels.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:48 PM
They are and they aren't. There are two different sequences here. I don't understand why you're all arguing about this. We acknowledge that we're talking about two completely separate continuums.

Deviate_420
12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Fuck you then Randy. You and your screenplay can go crawl back into your moms decrepit cunt.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Have fun in Arizona alone, junkie.

suprefan
12-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Have fun in Arizona alone, junkie.

Look who is talking.

junkie

bitch

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Get some tips from Supre--he's an expert on having fun alone in LA.

Hint #1: Get a tiny gay dog.
Hint #2: When tiny gay dog kills itself to get away from you, just buy another one.

Deviate_420
12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Randy, may I remind you that you had an internet girlfriend......

Bud Luster
12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
The joker is fucking played out. He is dead to me. Ledger and this movie cant improve on the joker shit that has already been done. I know he is batman's arch enemy though, and I will def see the movie based on the strength of the previous Batman film.

gaypalmsprings
12-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Randy, may I remind you that you had an internet girlfriend......

Was that Brokendoll?

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:05 PM
It's true. We fucked. The money was good.

Bud Luster
12-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Was that Brokendoll?

Yup, he was her pet. There is photographic evidence somwhere. nyuk nyuk...

ThomThom
12-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm more interested in seeing Harvey Dent's transformation into Two Face, as well as where Edward Nigma (The Riddler) will be in all of this. Him and Jack (The Joker) worked in the same lab/plant together. Fortunately they have been keeping Dent and Nigma pretty quiet on this project. The only thing that is known is Aaron Ekhart is cast as Dent, no Nigma though...

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh awesome, three fucking villains to establish. No way will this suck.

ThomThom
12-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Randy, Randy, Randy, Randy...How I've missed you.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Join the club.

Deviate_420
12-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Not as much as you suck at life....

ThomThom
12-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Why so much hostility Deviate?

gaypalmsprings
12-18-2007, 09:30 PM
This is from the upcoming movie, Brokeback Batman

http://www.morroida.com.br/images/batgay.jpg

ThomThom
12-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Good one GPS

Boourns
12-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Since he multiverse has been brought back to the comic continuity, I say it would be nice if they showed that the Batman Begins/The Dark Knight and Smallville Earths were included in it, even if no comic stories are written for those parallel worlds. And then maybe Superboy Prime shows up at the end of the movie, cries about his long-non-existent girlfriend, declares this earth "lame", and destroys it. NO SEQUELS FOR ANYONE. PWNED.

ThomThom
12-18-2007, 09:36 PM
huh?

Alchemy
12-18-2007, 10:46 PM
They are and they aren't. There are two different sequences here. I don't understand why you're all arguing about this. We acknowledge that we're talking about two completely separate continuums.

That's why they are not sequels or prequels. For that to be so, they'd have to be from the same continuum. If we are talking about two completely separate continuums, then that would make these new films "remakes". That is exactly what they are. These films, of course, have similar characters and stories, however they are sourced from the Dark Knight series. At least as far as I know that is what it is. I think Tim Burton sources his movie to the original Batman series. This is why it would not make sense for Jack Nicholson to reprise his role as the Joker. People would assume that the films are in the same continuum, when in fact these are two different jokers who have lived different experiences (although they are very similar in the fact that they both must be the villain Joker). A remake is not a sequel. It is possible for a remake to be a sequel, but in this case it isn't since they are two different continuums. It is like the original movies never happened, and never will happen.

All That I Am
12-18-2007, 11:10 PM
The joker is fucking played out. He is dead to me. Ledger and this movie cant improve on the joker shit that has already been done. I know he is batman's arch enemy though, and I will def see the movie based on the strength of the previous Batman film.

If you're talking about the movies they haven't scratched the surface of the relationship between Batman and the Joker. It was batman that knocked a petty theif into a vat of acid, transforming him. The joker was just a down on his luck comedian who turned to crime just to make the rent for him and his pregnant wife. This is the reason Batman can never kill the joker. It was batman's mistake that created this monster, and he wants to do everything he can to rehabilitate the joker. The joker's rage comes from the fact that batman has made the joker lose everything, his wife, his identity and his sanity. He is suffering a lifetime for a single bad decision.

luckyface
12-18-2007, 11:53 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/batmanonfilm/thedarkknightimages/TDK_joker_onesheet_whysoserious.jpg

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 08:47 AM
That's why they are not sequels or prequels. For that to be so, they'd have to be from the same continuum. If we are talking about two completely separate continuums, then that would make these new films "remakes". That is exactly what they are. These films, of course, have similar characters and stories, however they are sourced from the Dark Knight series. At least as far as I know that is what it is. I think Tim Burton sources his movie to the original Batman series. This is why it would not make sense for Jack Nicholson to reprise his role as the Joker. People would assume that the films are in the same continuum, when in fact these are two different jokers who have lived different experiences (although they are very similar in the fact that they both must be the villain Joker). A remake is not a sequel. It is possible for a remake to be a sequel, but in this case it isn't since they are two different continuums. It is like the original movies never happened, and never will happen.

These aren't remakes, since they're not retelling the same story at all. I'm not continuing this argument, you assholes don't get that as a part of the Batman franchise ANY Batman movie that comes out is inherently a sequel to all the ones that came before it whether or not they are part of the same storyline. Within the reality of the movies, however, they are not. "Sequel" wasn't invented by the movie industry--the word has a fucking meaning outside of it.

If you're talking about the movies they haven't scratched the surface of the relationship between Batman and the Joker. It was batman that knocked a petty theif into a vat of acid, transforming him. The joker was just a down on his luck comedian who turned to crime just to make the rent for him and his pregnant wife. This is the reason Batman can never kill the joker. It was batman's mistake that created this monster, and he wants to do everything he can to rehabilitate the joker. The joker's rage comes from the fact that batman has made the joker lose everything, his wife, his identity and his sanity. He is suffering a lifetime for a single bad decision.

In the REAL Joker origin storyline (The Killing Joke), Batman didn't knock the Joker into any acid. Batman doesn't kill Joker because Batman doesn't do that, not because he wants to rehabilitate him.

shakermaker113
12-19-2007, 08:57 AM
randy is using the word 'sequel' in two different contexts. he is right: in one context they are sequels, in the other context they are not. I don't know why we are still arguing about that.

Actually Tim Burton does consider Batman Forever and Batman & Robin to be sequels to his first two films.

hmm. then what about this minor discontinuity in story?

harvey dent (pre transformation) in Burton's Batman:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b1/Harvdent.jpg

harvey dent (post transformation) in the other guy's Batman:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Twofacetommyljones.jpg

sorry, couldn't find a pre-transformation image from Batman Forever.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Thank you. I don't understand how I failed to explain that effectively, but thanks.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 10:46 AM
The trailers look great. I think Heath Ledger is gonna be awesome as the Joker. I think there are 4 different trailers out for this movie and they all show some great scenes of Ledger playing the Joker. He's tackling it from a totally different angle. Nicholson was a great Joker, but it isn't the same type of Joker that was depicted in the Dark Knight books. Nicholson was more cartoon-ish mob boss and not so much a derranged freak.

For those unfamiliar with the Dark Knight books:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns) is a Batman comic book miniseries written and drawn by Frank Miller and published by DC Comics from February to June 1986. It reintroduced Batman to the general public as the psychologically dark character of his original 1930s conception, and helped to usher in an era of "grim and gritty" superheroes from the mid-1980s to mid-1990s.

A sequel Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again was published in 2001.

full on idle
12-19-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.thesimpsonsquotes.com/images/comicguypoint.gif

This thread has successfully been taken to the next level.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.thesimpsonsquotes.com/images/comicguypoint.gif

This thread has successfully been taken to the next level.

Quit it. You're gonna break this thread.

full on idle
12-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Revenge anybody?

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Who's the target? And yes.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I wonder if they'll try to eventually take this up to the Batman vs. Superman storyline. I noticed in 'I AM LEGEND' that one of the fake billboards is a ad for the BATMAN vs. SUPERMAN movie...so who knows?

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Nando, are we even sure that this is following The Dark Knight series storyline? I didn't hear anything about that.

J~$$$
12-19-2007, 11:31 AM
There is a lot of cock surrounding this movie. That trailer was 90% explosions. Its like 1982 and the year of Rambo all over again.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 11:35 AM
There is a lot of cock surrounding this movie. That trailer was 90% explosions. Its like 1982 and the year of Rambo all over again.

I can't wait to go see this movie and fuck something!

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Look, there's no way in hell they're going to do justice to the level of deranged in the comics Joker. It's just not going to happen. I'd love it if they did, but they're not, and that's why I'm not remotely enthused. We're just going to get a Joker who acts more like Brittany Murphy in an insane asylum, and that's all. Heath does not have the chops to play a homicidal psychopath. Anyone ever been scared or intimidated by him in anything?

PassiveTheory
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I wonder if they'll try to eventually take this up to the Batman vs. Superman storyline. I noticed in 'I AM LEGEND' that one of the fake billboards is a ad for the BATMAN vs. SUPERMAN movie...so who knows?

There IS a distinct possibility of this occurring, given the fact that Warner Bros. owns the rights to both movies... I just hope it isn't the usual Supes and Bats fare with Joker and Lex Luthor teaming up blah blah blah, boring as hell...

Also, I was seriously hoping they'd use Harley Quinn in a damn movie for once... I always thought Mena Suvari would make a good Harley Quinn...

But yeah, the trailers do look bitching, and as an avid fan of The Killing Joke (easily one of the top 10 comic books of all time), I'm actually impressed with the lengths that Ledger went to get into character for the role. Hopefully I'll be just as impressed with the results.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Why would they combine two valuable movie properties into one?

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Why would they combine two valuable movie properties into one?

Huge marketing potential...all the tie-ins that go with something that big.
Toys, roller coasters, video games, halloween costumes, fast food tie-ins, weird collectable stuff.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
... and they're lacking any of those things by doing two separate movies how?

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Nando, are we even sure that this is following The Dark Knight series storyline? I didn't hear anything about that.

I had read an interview with Nolan regarding how dark 'Batman Begins' turned out, and how he was trying to achieve the darkness of the novels and stay away from the campiness or cartoonishness of the Burton/Shumacher versions.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I had read an interview with Nolan regarding how dark 'Batman Begins' turned out, and how he was trying to achieve the darkness of the novels and stay away from the campiness or cartoonishness of the Burton/Shumacher versions.

Well yeah, but that's very different from following the plot of Miller's miniseries. I don't think they're doing that at all.

summerkid
12-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I think a Justice League movie is closer to being made than a Batman vs Superman movie at least I know they already have the script done and WB was happy with it. And you know if the writers strike continues...well then it will get made because where else are they going to get a blockbuster.

wmgaretjax
12-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I think Ledger could be ok. Just because he hasn't been frightening yet, doesn't mean he can't be. I think he is an OK actor that has potential. I think he was really good and out of character (from past performances) in Brokeback, even if I didn't like the movie so much.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 12:05 PM
The man has no testicles. I know crazy and I know violent, and that Aussie pretty boy is neither. He's just going to ham it up for two hours in bad makeup.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Catch the Superman/Batman banner in I Am Legend? Well, if you haven't, you might want to check out this report first. To sum it up, the opening 'hunt' sequence at the beginning of I Am Legend gives one awesome glimpse of a banner hanging on the side of a building. The banner shows the Batman and Superman logo, with a release date set for May, 2010. The film takes place in the future, so they easily pull it off.

Now it's time to decipher what it means. While Warner Bros. blew me off today by serving up absolutely no information -- thanks for that -- it turns out that there was a warning of this banner before the film's release.

More on the Batman Superman Banner
'Steve' has alerted us to an earlier interview with Akiva Goldman over at MTV Movies Blog.

In a tongue-in-cheek nod to his failed attempt at a "Batman vs Superman" movie pitch, Akiva Goldman has thrown in a movie poster billboard for a Superman/Batman film in the Will Smith movie "I Am Legend".

"That was Akiva's department; Akiva became the cheerleader for every movie poster and [inside] thing you'll see in this movie," grinned director Francis Lawrence, who previously directed the Keanu Reeves flick "Constantine." "So, because we're in a video store, you'd see movie posters around, and when we're in Times Square so you'd see movie posters around."

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I just don't think it makes financial sense for them whatsoever. Studios are scrambling to keep a stable of franchises so that they'll have enough sequels for each summer. Sure, we can say that the Batman vs. Superman movie might be twice as big as the two of them separately, but I doubt it.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 12:11 PM
I just don't think it makes financial sense for them whatsoever. Studios are scrambling to keep a stable of franchises so that they'll have enough sequels for each summer. Sure, we can say that the Batman vs. Superman movie might be twice as big as the two of them separately, but I doubt it.

It's a movie that is sure to generate tons of money that could be released having nothing to do with EITHER franchise as far as how their characters have already been established.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Um, I mean I guess so. So in your theory do we get completely different actors to take on the roles? Cause if it requires taking up the talent already attached and associated to the existing franchises, then you're still in the problem. 2 valuable properties being turned into 1.

summerkid
12-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Plus from my understanding the Justice League movie is essentially a Batman vs Superman movie. Supposedly, there's a huge fight between the two.

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Heath Ledger makes Nicholson look like a bitch. Anyone who can't see that is just trying to be hip and pretentious.

wmgaretjax
12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Heath Ledger makes Nicholson look like a bitch. Anyone who can't see that is just trying to be hip and pretentious.

when you speak, do you think about trying to say anything?

gunfoo
12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I hope Heath Ledger can pull it off, but it doesn't look good from the previews. From the little bit we've seen, his performance looks like it can get annoying really fast. I mean, that scene where he looks up at the camera and smacks his lips makes me fucking cringe.

TomAz
12-19-2007, 12:22 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/sbspzone/sandy1.JPG

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 12:36 PM
when you speak, do you think about trying to say anything?

not really. When you speak do you make the conscious effort to sound like a whiny baby?

wmgaretjax
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
not really. When you speak do you make the conscious effort to sound like a whiny baby?

undoubtedly, especially when I have to rub out shit stains.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 12:38 PM
He's just practicing for when the baby pops out. They've got to relate somehow.

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
undoubtedly, especially when I have to rub out shit stains.

do you rub out shit stains often?

wmgaretjax
12-19-2007, 12:43 PM
do you rub out shit stains often?

on occasion.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Orson Welles would've recognized how great Nicholson was as the Joker, Rue. I'm disappointed.

Alchemy
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Nicholson was such an awesome Joker.

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Nicholson was awesome. Ledger looks sadistic.

I grew up loving Nicholsons joker but Ledger has put such a nightmarish spin on Nicholsons comical joker.

gunfoo
12-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Seriously. why is everyone so hard up for Heath anyways? Before he was ever announced to play the Joker I never heard anyone diss Jack Nicholson's performance. He was a great Joker.

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Seriously. why is everyone so hard up for Heath anyways? Before he was ever announced to play the Joker I never heard anyone diss Jack Nicholson's performance. He was a great Joker.

Well of course no one did, we had no one to compare it to shit face.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
You've all seen about 10 seconds of him supposedly being frightening. He wasn't. He isn't going to be.

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Look at his physical appearance compared to Nicholson's. That right there is ten times scarier. Plus Ledger looks like such a snappy dresser in this movie, how can you not love that?

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 01:10 PM
You saw his makeup. You're giving him the credit for a half-creepy makeup job. Please stop.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 01:11 PM
And I can't love him because I already love you. One talentless guy covered in makeup is enough for me.

gunfoo
12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, lets hold off the comparing until we see the final product. Sure Ledger's Joker has more of a nightmarish spin to it. That's the way Nolan wanted it. Doesn't mean Ledger is going to pull it off for a full 2 hours. They could be showing you all his best work in the preview, which to me, doesn't look all that great.

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
And I can't love him because I already love you. One talentless guy covered in makeup is enough for me.

Don't love me, I don't believe in love.

J~$$$
12-19-2007, 01:18 PM
gayness.

All That I Am
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
... and they're lacking any of those things by doing two separate movies how?

http://www.geeknewz.com/imagedb/albums/userpics/13870/thumb_Batman_vs_Superman_Wallpaper.jpg

Deviate_420
12-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Randy is a stupid fuck and I hate him....

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Don't love me, I don't believe in love.

I love your colon and that's all.

Deviate_420
12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I love your colon and that's all.

I HOPE YOU DIE, BITCH!!!!

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Randy is a stupid fuck and I hate him....

Hey Deviate, since you're running away to Arizona, could you leave me your ex-fiancee's number? I've always wanted to know what The Most Compromising Woman In The World's cunt feels like. Thanks!

Deviate_420
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey Deviate, since you're running away to Arizona, could you leave me your ex-fiancee's number? I've always wanted to know what The Most Compromising Woman In The World's cunt feels like. Thanks!

She is coming with me....

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
So then she should be available, what, like three weeks post?

Deviate_420
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Sorry man, it's not happening. Your going to have to hope for a hot date with Hannah or keep prowling the internet for your next victim....

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Well then now I know how she manages to keep her title.

Deviate_420
12-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Who, your mother?

ruetheday
12-19-2007, 02:03 PM
oh no you didn't.

menikmati
12-19-2007, 04:52 PM
randy is using the word 'sequel' in two different contexts. he is right: in one context they are sequels, in the other context they are not. I don't know why we are still arguing about that.

hmm. then what about this minor discontinuity in story?

harvey dent (pre transformation) in Burton's Batman:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b1/Harvdent.jpg

harvey dent (post transformation) in the other guy's Batman:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Twofacetommyljones.jpg

sorry, couldn't find a pre-transformation image from Batman Forever.

If you seriously don't believe that Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are sequels (and I mean a proper sequel as in same continuity), then get the fuck out of this thread and go watch the documentaries on the Batman Anthology set. THEY ARE SEQUELS. The fact that "Harvey Dent" was played by two different actor is just one of those deals....that happens all the time in movie franchises. But obviously because one is a black guy and the next is a white guy, it becomes a huge deal now.

Tim Burton was approached to do Batman Forever....he didn't wanna direct, but had a hand in choosing Joel Schumacher. Michael Keaton was invited back, but turned it down....there are refernces to Batman Returns in Batman Forever. If you even try to argue different, you're wrong, a moron, and need to actually go sit down and watch these 4 films in question.

I guess The Dark Knight can't possibly be a sequel to Batman Begins because Rachel is being played by a different actress, oh no! I guess Batman & Robin can't possibly be a sequel to Batman Forever because Bruce Wayne/Batman is played by two different actors (even though Val was invited back to do the fourth film but couldn't). I guess Tim Burton's Batman's can't be related to Schumachers, because Harvey Dent is portrayed by a different actor, oh no again!...Lame.

I can't even call these new Batman's "remakes". King Kong (2005) was a REMAKE. These Batman's are a totally NEW interpretation, with nothing in common from the last bunch. The last 4 may as well never even occured or happened. They're sourced from different material, as well as many other things.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Jesus Christ, nevermind.

shakermaker113
12-19-2007, 06:37 PM
If you seriously don't believe that Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are sequels (and I mean a proper sequel as in same continuity), then get the fuck out of this thread and go watch the documentaries on the Batman Anthology set.

damn. don't get your knickers in a twist. all I did was point out a discontinuity in the story. I always considered those four films to be sequels in terms of story continuity. (and by the way, not only did Tim Burton pick out Schumacher, he also produced the freaking movie. I can't believe you guys haven't pulled that argument out yet.)

I just think it's interesting that even when we consider something to have a continuous story, it's only continuous as far as we want it to be. it's all so arbitrary, these arguments are really ridiculous.

wmgaretjax
12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
A franchise is very different from sequels.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Depends entirely on the context. There are two different time continuums in a series of movies--that within the storyline and that of the real world.

shakermaker113
12-19-2007, 10:54 PM
for fuck's sake.

the compact OED (http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/sequel?view=uk):

sequel

• noun
1 a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.
2 something that takes place after or as a result of an earlier event.

merriam webster (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=sequel):

Main Entry:
se·quel
Pronunciation:
\ˈsē-kwəl also -ˌkwel\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French sequele, from Latin sequela, from sequi to follow — more at sue
Date:
15th century

1: consequence, result
2 a: subsequent development b: the next installment (as of a speech or story); especially : a literary, cinematic, or televised work continuing the course of a story begun in a preceding one

look. two meanings in each case. don't make me look up the word 'context' for you.

Jerm05
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Are we still talkin about this?! GEEZE!!!

BTW: That's not Harvey Dent. That's Lando Calriss.ion