PDA

View Full Version : What if the electronic acts were later into the night and next morning?

yonicsouth
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Does anyone think it's a good idea if the show were to flow for a straight 72 hours over the weekend? The eletronic acts could play all night in the tents for ravers and people who didn't want to sleep could still party! Basically have the the electronic and hip hop start later and end by next morning for rock to begin on whatever stage. Does anyone understand what I'm saying?

psychic friend
12-17-2007, 09:48 PM
im pretty sure the city of indio are not into that. it's a bunch of old people that put up with the noise until midnight a couple times a year. if it were on some isolated farmland in the middle of no where, then maybe it would be possible. it's not like coachella wants to end at midnight.

Bosco
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
since when can old people hear anyways?

I'm willing to donate a package of ear plugs to the handfull of old people in the area that still can hear noise coming from the festival at night.

rage patton
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I say its not a good idea at Coachella...

by midnight I am DEAD. I want to sleep. And god knows you cant sleep when the sun comes up.

Boourns
12-18-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm sure the old farts wouldn't mind if it were 72 hours of Lawrence Welk.

mvanwinkle
12-18-2007, 12:22 AM
ya i agree by 12 im dead and need my sleep.

yonicsouth
12-18-2007, 01:21 AM
what about the people that show up late for the evening performances...there is always people who will want to party, i guess

mvanwinkle
12-18-2007, 01:43 AM
there late. they miss out in most of the fun

elChurro
12-18-2007, 07:57 AM
lay off the meth.

Botrocker
12-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Lets turn down their hearing aids.

yonicsouth
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
all I'm saying is if the are gonna have these particular acts, it would be ideal, and I think would help the show run a little more smoother and each concert-goer could experience certain acts that they normally wouldn't be able to due to coachella's congestive schedule and gi-normous layout

crazzz2007
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I say its not a good idea at Coachella...

by midnight I am DEAD. I want to sleep. And god knows you cant sleep when the sun comes up.

hey, just because you can't hang doesn't mean it's a bad idea. if this were to happen, coachella would hands down be the greatest event on earth.

yonicsouth
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
and by the way, I don't do meth or any of that crap...I merely smoke only pot if anything, and love to dance to great electronic music, and dancing to stuff like that during the day is suicidal....that's wy I'd say it would be ideal to have the electronic acts booked futher into the evening and well into the wee hours of the morning. I'd say show be done by 2-3 AM...that way everyone could get SOME sleep and be able to rock and roll again by 12 noon the next day. EASYPEASYJAPANEEZY!

malcolmjamalawesome
12-18-2007, 01:06 PM
and by the way, I don't do meth or any of that crap...I merely smoke only pot if anything, and love to dance to great electronic music, and dancing to stuff like that during the day is suicidal....that's wy I'd say it would be ideal to have the electronic acts booked futher into the evening and well into the wee hours of the morning. I'd say show be done by 2-3 AM...that way everyone could get SOME sleep and be able to rock and roll again by 12 noon the next day. EASYPEASYJAPANEEZY!

Sounds great. Not going to happen. Definitely due to city codes and not to Goldenvoice's judgment. Next thread. Perhaps entitled "Wouldn't it be sweet if we could fly?"

malcolmjamalawesome
12-18-2007, 01:07 PM
For the record, Pukkelpop in Belgium's rave tent goes until about 5 AM, and then this club in Hasselt stays open 24 hours during the 3 day festival so you can, you know, if you choose, just rave for 3 days straight.

airguitarvet
12-18-2007, 03:01 PM
methface

Tijuana
12-18-2007, 03:06 PM
This has been discussed before. The city of Indio will never allow it. Not after Insomniac had an all nighter with Nocturnal Wonderland back in 2000. Toooo crazy.

Bud Luster
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
since when can old people hear anyways?

I'm willing to donate a package of ear plugs to the handfull of old people in the area that still can hear noise coming from the festival at night.

By "handfull" you are actually reffering to tens of thousands of blue hairs.

An all night party just isnt going to happen. Pretty confident in a never statement on this one. Lets just get the Chems in there and be glad for that.

ADrunkPoet
12-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I find it impossible to get to sleep in the campsite any night of the weekend before 3am ish, and at that point I force myself to bed.
So much going on, I don't want to miss a moment.

yonicsouth
12-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Dammit, they let it go on at Puklepop or whatever, but not @ Coachella....fuckin americans!!!!

I still think it would be a good idea, not to mention, alot of the electronic and industrial acts use strobes and other such lights for their performances that don't really work to well in the daylight, so you don't get the full effect of their live show, with the lightshow included

prettydirtything
12-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Dammit, they let it go on at Puklepop or whatever, but not @ Coachella....fuckin americans!!!!

I still think it would be a good idea, not to mention, alot of the electronic and industrial acts use strobes and other such lights for their performances that don't really work to well in the daylight, so you don't get the full effect of their live show, with the lightshow included

jebus, dude... we can't spell it any clearer, so we are doomed to keep repeating the reality facing your coachella late night dream until YOU GET IT... DO YOU GET IT YET?

im pretty sure the city of indio are not into that. it's a bunch of old people that put up with the noise until midnight a couple times a year. if it were on some isolated farmland in the middle of no where, then maybe it would be possible. it's not like coachella wants to end at midnight.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/1/15/CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

i am going to sleep now. the captain obvious jpeg calmed me... and reminded me that its time to sleep.

brando4n82
12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
methface

methface>airguitarvet

here, ive got your responce all ready for you

"place noun here">brando4n82

RedThom
12-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Does anyone think it's a good idea if the show were to flow for a straight 72 hours over the weekend? The eletronic acts could play all night in the tents for ravers and people who didn't want to sleep could still party! Basically have the the electronic and hip hop start later and end by next morning for rock to begin on whatever stage. Does anyone understand what I'm saying?

we'd all die of heat stroke due to the lack of sleep in the camp grounds as it is.

Deviate_420
12-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Friday night I was dead but Saturday night I really wish Coachella wouldn't of ended until 3 am...

lowfront
12-20-2007, 09:30 PM
last year I didn't even see any headliners because I was passed out on the ground come 10:30

Although I did see rage because I tried very very hard to conserve energy.

Gyrus
12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah I know in theory it would be cool to rock out all night (ala glastonbury) but really, I reckon it's more fun partying in the campground and actually sleeping (if only for 3 hours before the death star alarm clock hits).
Saying that, I do think they should at least keep a bar of some sort open through the night.

ddm1971
12-22-2007, 04:46 AM
i think maybe one of those silent disco things they have at glastonbury could work till about 2am, would take the pressure of the traffik too

Courtney
12-22-2007, 10:24 AM
silent disco things

Please explain?

Also for the record I am one of those old people who needs to go to sleep at a reasonable hour after walking around in Indio temperatures for 11 hours. Maybe it has to do with a general lack of drug consumption.

Boourns
12-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah I know in theory it would be cool to rock out all night (ala glastonbury) but really, I reckon it's more fun partying in the campground and actually sleeping (if only for 3 hours before the death star alarm clock hits).
Saying that, I do think they should at least keep a bar of some sort open through the night.

Totally. I know they can't sell booze after 2am because of stupid state laws, but a place for night owls to socialize without being hushed would be cool.

brando4n82
12-23-2007, 05:37 AM
Maybe it has to do with a general lack of drug consumption.

probably

sonofhal
12-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Please explain?

Also for the record I am one of those old people who needs to go to sleep at a reasonable hour after walking around in Indio temperatures for 11 hours. Maybe it has to do with a general lack of drug consumption.

From the BBC website

Revellers at this year's Glastonbury Festival will be able to party through the night to music as loud as they want - without disturbing the neighbours.
The festival will host a "silent disco" in an effort by organisers to adhere to imposed noise restrictions.

After the noise curfew comes into force, music will be pumped into headphones given to clubbers, instead of speakers.

Festival organiser Michael Eavis' daughter Emily came up with the idea.

Volume control

Mr Eavis said: "By using headphones the music in the venue can go on well into the night.

"We have been toying with this idea for years, trying to think of ways to combat the noise limits.

"Now Emily has finally got something together so the party can go on later into the evening without infringing the noise curfew," he said.

"It's a first for us, and I will be interested to see how it works."

Festival-goers at the dance tent will be given a free set of headphones complete with bass, volume and treble controls, meaning they can have the music as loud as they like.

The system has been developed by a Dutch firm, which pioneered the "silent disco" at illegal parties as part of a travelling festival in the Netherlands.

DSN1138
12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
I was thinking that a silent disco would be cool too, but even though you cant hear the music, people are still pretty loud. it would be soo awesome if coachella had an all night schedule like bonnaroo http://www.bonnaroo.com/2007-activity-spotlight-the-silent-disco

Tijuana
12-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Are you people just simply styupidly dumb or what. READ THE WHOLE THREAD before you start wit the stupid I wish this whas this or that. The Empire Polo Field has hosted all night events in the past, AND THEY WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN.

instinct
12-29-2007, 12:49 AM
That's kind of how Pukkelpop was.. Most the acts ended at like 1:30, but a lot of the electronica acts went to like 4:00 or later.. I was too tired by that time to stay..

Cpt. Funkaho
12-29-2007, 03:04 AM
Perhaps a solution can be worked out which benefits both sides. The Sahara Tent will be kept open 24/7, but a Zombie Lawrence Welk and his Undead Orchestra will play from midnight to noon such that the Indio population remain at ease. Any festivalgoers who wish to rave balls to the decaying strains of "Stardust" may stay as long as they wish.

thelastgreatman
12-29-2007, 04:31 AM
These are all good ideas. Allow me to contribute one--how about all those that wish to rave balls just follow my example by continuing to do their ball-raving drugs back in the campground except instead of dancing to loud mostly shitty music you just chill on an air mattress, maybe get laid, and aren't surrounded by any sweaty *** masses at all.

goodgrl
12-29-2007, 08:35 AM
NO thanks! I wouldnt survive it.
That would suck!
Clarify- would they be dj sets?
No dont clarify. Fuck it, go get some sleep,luvin', and or food!