PDA

View Full Version : Beware of?

Zygomatic
12-15-2007, 09:56 AM
For those experienced campers: Are there any insects/animals that are going to bite off my arm? What bugs should I look for in my shoes or sleeping bag before I go to bed? If there are any. Thanks. It's a legit concern, I think.

Tijuana
12-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Lookout for cuchus. They are like bedbugs but grow in the grass at the polo fields. They're bite really hurts and you get a nasty rash. Just wear lots of repelent and I do mean a lot.

roberto73
12-15-2007, 10:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/insomniacmonty/insects_450x350.jpg

gaypalmsprings
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Watch out for pests like these....

http://photomesh.com/Military/panima/panama-maggots.jpg

Ill_Eagle
12-15-2007, 12:11 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-horse-in-car.jpg

RedThom
12-15-2007, 12:18 PM
For those experienced campers: Are there any insects/animals that are going to bite off my arm? What bugs should I look for in my shoes or sleeping bag before I go to bed? If there are any. Thanks. It's a legit concern, I think.

keep the tent zipped up and no bugs should enter. On that note, I've never encountered bugs while camping on the camp grounds. I think you're in the clear.

If this is your first year camping at the festival, start working out. You'll benefit from cardio activity prior to the event. Also helps with sex!

toodles

thelastgreatman
12-15-2007, 12:28 PM
There are no bugs, just Bug, for whom there is no known repellant.

CanadianChris
12-15-2007, 12:52 PM
No bugs at all. your concerns should be food and water.. Food is expensive.and it gets hot by about 9 am. they also have an awesome crazy recycling program, collect 10 empty plastic bottles, get one bottle free. it doesn't seem like much. Last year my friends and I gathered up about 500 bottles throughout the weekend saved us about $300 in water. it's warm water they trade you for, but you can barter with the vendors for cold water. Save your money for the frozen lemonade drinks

thelastgreatman
12-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Food is not expensive.

microcuts
12-15-2007, 01:51 PM
^
Exactly. All things considered, the food prices are certainly reasonable at Coachella.

gaypalmsprings
12-15-2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.coldspringschool.org/Mill/Randy.jpg

Suffacated
12-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Just keep some insect repellent on hand.
Don't forget the sunscreen also.
Sunburn can be worse than bug bites.
The only bugs to worry about are the ones camping nearby.

sacleonard
12-15-2007, 02:34 PM
No bugs at all. your concerns should be food and water.. Food is expensive.and it gets hot by about 9 am. they also have an awesome crazy recycling program, collect 10 empty plastic bottles, get one bottle free. it doesn't seem like much. Last year my friends and I gathered up about 500 bottles throughout the weekend saved us about $300 in water. it's warm water they trade you for, but you can barter with the vendors for cold water. Save your money for the frozen lemonade drinks

Not unless you were paying $6/bottle:

10 empty bottles = 1 free bottle
1 new bottle = $2

500 empty bottles = 50 free bottles
50 new bottles = $100

clarky123
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
It's confusing...but I'm really going to scramble around for 3 fucking days and try that.

Zygomatic
12-15-2007, 07:38 PM
The water deal is cool.
I'll be stocked with the SPF and the cowboy hat ( no shitty straw fake here) even though I don't really need it as much as you paler folks will. :)
Blegh. Well if I'm scented with bug repellent I'm sure I won't be hooking up with anyone. And thanks for the cardio tip, I'll start next week, maybe.

gaypalmsprings
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
I found this on the internets...

West Nile (WN) virus is a mosquito-borne virus transmitted by the female mosquito. The virus has been prevalent in parts of Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East for many years and was first detected in the United States during 1999 in New York City. West Nile virus is closely related to St. Louis encephalitis virus found in the United States and in the Coachella Valley.

shoegazer76
12-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Only bugs you gotsta worry bout at a festival is lice bro. Stay away from dem dirty hippies.

SuperClaud
12-16-2007, 01:19 AM
no bugs in the tents, from my experience. TONS of freaking flies at the festival though cuz of all the food thrown about. disgusting...

breakjaw
12-17-2007, 07:17 AM
I camped all 4 days and didn't get bit by anything.The sunburn advice is sound.The water deal I tried for the first day,but found it far easier to just carry a couple empty bottles and then refill with cold water at the drinking fountain or the secret spigot by the front entrance.

BROKENDOLL
12-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I camped all 4 days and didn't get bit by anything.The sunburn advice is sound.The water deal I tried for the first day,but found it far easier to just carry a couple empty bottles and then refill with cold water at the drinking fountain or the secret spigot by the front entrance.
You realize now there will be a line at your secret spigot, don't you?

amyzzz
12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I didn't care for the fountain water, so I bought water bottles and collected empties to get some free. I think we ended up with about 4 free water bottles. Good thinking on trading tepid free bottles for cold bottles from the vendors. I never thought of that.

Also, I had no problems with bugs. It's way too dry there for mosquitoes. The only bugs are flies in the portapotties or near garbage cans.

meyouseek
12-26-2007, 11:07 AM
the bugs might not get through your tent... but the aidz needles will tear right through that shit.

better stay home to be safe

SFChrissy
12-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Beware of the Chupa Cabre!!!

theonewiththewurlitzer
12-26-2007, 01:17 PM
http://upsidedownhippo.com/archives/Chupacabra_Illustration.jpg

DSN1138
12-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I've camped onsite for the last 3 years and I never had a problem with bugs, One year I had to camp on the beach of the salton sea and that place is gross and there were no bugs there either.And I dont know why it never occured to me to trade the warm waters with the merchants, Also Ive never used the "seceret spigot" near the front entrance but there was another one right next to the gobi tent, a few yards from the water fountain.