PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip Diaries

CanadianChris
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
As I got hooked by attending my first Coachella last year, I also benefited from a United Airlines Screw up and recieved a free ticket round trip oto anywhere in the continental US. I redeemed it for a ticket starting in Sacremento and ending in LA. Best Roadtrip I've taken (so far) Drove tip to tip of California along the coast in a (rented) Mustang convertible, top down most of the time, of course. Saw everything from the giant sequoia trees, to the great beaches of big sir, even walked across the border to Mexico.

Next roadtrip, Coachella (April 25 - 27) & Bamboozle (May 3 & 4) 2008.

I hail from Toronto, Ontario, Canada so we hear a little more about Bamboozle over Coachella (although it's been part of Toronto radio talk for about 4 years now around April) so this year I'm doing both as they are only a weekend apart. It'll give me 5 days to leave toronto and drive to Indio, 3 days for Coachella, then 5 days to drive back to New Jersey, 2 days for Bamboozle then it's about an 8 hour drive home.. That'll roughly be 10 000 km (or 6 250 miles) and 2 festivals in 16 days.

psychic friend
12-14-2007, 10:01 PM
i heard about apples when I was eating broccoli. I'm gonna make a pie with them both. wish me luck.

xxoo

CanadianChris
12-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I like pie, Can I have a slice?

Cpt. Funkaho
12-15-2007, 06:21 AM
PF, you slay me.

I just looked up Bamboozle... to each his own, I guess. Their website is unremittingly horrible. Hope you have fun, "CanadianChris".

btw, it's Big *Sur*.

CanadianChris
12-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Cpt.

My loyalty lies with this festival. I'm hooked for life.. Bamboozle is for my g/f. She's really into Paramore and Jacks Manequin. It's like a 2 day warped tour. It's not completely my cup of tea, but I appreciate all forms of music.

Cpt. Funkaho
12-15-2007, 07:08 AM
I can dig it.

suprefan
12-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Cpt.

My loyalty lies with this festival. I'm hooked for life.. Bamboozle is for my g/f. She's really into Paramore and Jacks Manequin. It's like a 2 day warped tour. It's not completely my cup of tea, but I appreciate all forms of music.

Thats why you shouldve gone to see Paramore ON THEIR OWN, or Warped Tour this past summer. Cause they will be heading over by you BEFORE Bamboozle after they do Bamboozle Left over here in nice sunny Irvine compared to Jersey. And yeah cool road trip plan. You should just stay here in L.A. for a week and go to Stagecoach.

marooko
12-15-2007, 11:30 AM
That road trip up the coast brings back memories. My girlfriend and I drove down to LA on highway 1, it was some of the best scenery I've seen in my life. The big trees are always a pleasent sight too. I can never get enough of them.

My next road trip: Vegas baby, one more week.

RedThom
12-15-2007, 12:15 PM
As I got hooked by attending my first Coachella last year, I also benefited from a United Airlines Screw up and recieved a free ticket round trip oto anywhere in the continental US. I redeemed it for a ticket starting in Sacremento and ending in LA. Best Roadtrip I've taken (so far) Drove tip to tip of California along the coast in a (rented) Mustang convertible, top down most of the time, of course. Saw everything from the giant sequoia trees, to the great beaches of big sir, even walked across the border to Mexico.

Next roadtrip, Coachella (April 25 - 27) & Bamboozle (May 3 & 4) 2008.

I hail from Toronto, Ontario, Canada so we hear a little more about Bamboozle over Coachella (although it's been part of Toronto radio talk for about 4 years now around April) so this year I'm doing both as they are only a weekend apart. It'll give me 5 days to leave toronto and drive to Indio, 3 days for Coachella, then 5 days to drive back to New Jersey, 2 days for Bamboozle then it's about an 8 hour drive home.. That'll roughly be 10 000 km (or 6 250 miles) and 2 festivals in 16 days.

so how many coachellas is this for you?

CanadianChris
12-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Red.

07 was my first coachella.. 08 will be my second.. I'm hooked for life though.

airguitarvet
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
bamboozled

brokendesign
01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
wanna tall about road trips eh. and canadians???
well here i go
so when i heard rage was headlining rock the bells in frisco and l.a.
i got tickets for both dates but my car broke down before the frisco show so i had to get my friend to drive
we drove thursday night
and when we were an hour away from frisco the car broke down.
towed it to a shop turned out the guy couldnt get the part till monday and it would cost 500 bucks to fix
so we tried renting a car couldnt so
last option was the greayhound so it took us 6 hours to get to frisco.
when we finally got there we couldnt find ANY HOTEL ROOMS!!
as we left a hotel we ran into these canadian folk who were also there for rock the bells, tyhey asked us if we wanted to party and we were soooo fucken tired that we said fuck it!
so basically they were parked on the rooftop of a building drinking and partying. since we couldnt find a room we decided to sleep on the rooftop.
but when our feloow canadian friends found out we were roomless they let us pack into their vw bus and sleep with them.
best trip ever!!!
so if any canadians have trouble at coachella and need help ill be there!!

jenja
01-05-2008, 12:22 AM
SO my first roadtrip ever was almost thwarted by my dead car 2 days before leaving... 2 months after coachella my seemingly well tuned car completely died on me, 2 days before said road trip. Needless to say, I ran out bought a new car (2007 PT Cruiser, appropriate I thought for planned road trip), headed up north (12 hour drive) and showed up at my girlfriends doorstep with a car she had never seen. She freaked when I told her I almost had to cancel but risked financial turmoil for the next 5 years for her... no j/k... kinda...
oh and a little side note, take the 20 through the redwoods in northern cali one day... when you drive up from the 5 from LA, and meet the 20, and minutes later hit that first rest stop in the redwoods... theres nothing like it! total tradition to stop for a smoke under the first redwood I ever had the plessure to hug!