PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Crowds

JackoWcko
12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I have a question.

Are the audiences at the Coachella festival as annoying as 90% of the people on these message boards? The coachella line-ups are amazing, but if the crowd is any representation of what this message board is, then I'm going to pass. Crowd's can absolutely ruin a performance.

Now..proceed to post your trendy LOL pictures, call me a d-bag, and tell me I have horrible taste in music.

psychic friend
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
only like 1% of people post on this bored.

just sayin

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-13-2007, 10:49 AM
how can we say you have horrible taste if you haven't presented anything yet?

Glamour Damaged
12-13-2007, 11:00 AM
52 members are online (whom have been to more than one Coachella) 110 Guests (lurkers) who have probably never been to a Coachella. The 52+ members are the main ones that post. If you dont like 52+ members im pretty sure 52 people out of 60,000 people really wont make a difference what the crowds are like.

Coachella is amazing. The atmosphere and vibe at the festival is awesome.

JackoWcko
12-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Well I will take that as good news then.

I have 2 friends who went last year, but I was lacking the cash and went to a cheaper festival that weekend. They said it was amazing and are planning the trip back.

Thanks for the input.

And just to give you the opportunity to say I have bad taste in music, here's a top 10 list of my current favorite bands/artists:

1. Guster
2. Sleeping At Last
3. My Morning Jacket
4. Muse
5. Radiohead
6. Beck
7. Mute Math
8. The David Crowder Band
9. Ryan Adams
10. Jon McLaughlin

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-13-2007, 11:13 AM
anyone who likes Radiohead can't be bad in my book....

JackoWcko
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I also like NSync.

Seriously.

Foucault
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
The crowds, for the most part, are not annoying, but fun-loving, and loving of seriously good music. Really, my only complaint centers on the rudeness of Tool fans booing at Massive Attack. Tool should be banned from future concerts because of their fans.

J~$$$
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
d bag.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
The crowds, for the most part, are not annoying, but fun-loving, and loving of seriously good music. Really, my only complaint centers on the rudeness of Tool fans booing at Massive Attack. Tool should be banned from future concerts because of their fans.

But really it is like that with any hard core camps...Madonna fans, RATM fans, you will always get rude people like that...

Melanie.Dawn
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Sometimes I listen to Jack Johnson

jonnypark
12-13-2007, 11:26 AM
all the people I met at Coachella were gold except for one stereotypical douche bag frat boy whom I was pretty sure was just there for the red hot chili peppers and the party...it was an isolated incident

amyzzz
12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Sometimes I listen to the wind.

BROKENDOLL
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I have a question.

Are the audiences at the Coachella festival as annoying as 90% of the people on these message boards? The coachella line-ups are amazing, but if the crowd is any representation of what this message board is, then I'm going to pass. Crowd's can absolutely ruin a performance.

Now..proceed to post your trendy LOL pictures, call me a d-bag, and tell me I have horrible taste in music.
60,000 of the coolest people I've shared a good time with each day, including the 90% on this message board. The 90% you see here represent the fact that Coachella can become an addiction, and without our "fix" we get alittle edgy,trite, impatient, and sometimes even retarded in our posts. We're just trying to get by until our connection arrives, forgive us.

Gyrus
12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
all the people I met at Coachella were gold except for one stereotypical douche bag frat boy whom I was pretty sure was just there for the red hot chili peppers and the party...it was an isolated incident

I met quite a few of those fucktards, moral of the story, theres plenty of other stages! I think I was in the sahara tent during most of the chillis and came back out for tiesto but there were still a few lurkers.

gaypalmsprings
12-13-2007, 04:27 PM
http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/img/wacko-jackos-faces.jpg

TheWatcher
12-13-2007, 04:34 PM
I have a question.

I have been to the Coachella 2005, 2006 and 2007. In general, the people are much less obnoxious than at other festivals. One reason is because you have to go to the beer garden or VIP area to drink, so you don't have as many drunk people tripping over you to get their alcohol.

There will always be some problems with 60,000 people in one place. Just avoid the stages with the overhyped, "hipster" bands because the crowds will be huge. The biggest problem at Coachella is that there are up to 60k people there, and for example, the Mohave tent can hold about 5k people max. So, if half the people want to see the same band, someone will be disappointed. (Or squished) But, the main stage area is huge, and they do use the video screens.

cloud9
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
wel hm if think that is goin ot be a not good pepol at coahell athen are obiously wrong everyon that seed here on the mesege bord is probyl not even going to be at cohacella fore xpme there is a tiger and bunny put eotgether and they will not alow that in this year everytimed i get there alway sem to say hey do not seem like i am onned a meseage bord anymore so think that solve your scase :yyablo

crazzz2007
12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
oh my god! cloud9, welcome back! you have no idea how much this board needs you right now.

thelastgreatman
12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I have a question.

Please, tell us more about this behavior you see on the board that makes you not want to come to Coachella, because I want to be sure I'm saying exactly the right things.

cloud9
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
helo crazed and thank for the welcom i comed on here a ocuple of time but there nto that any goo d one it sem that everyone jsut want the line u pto come out but hey it nice to see u :cat

Boourns
12-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Most people at Coachella are really awesome people. Sure there's the occasional obnoxious bro just looking for a party, tweaker looking for violence, or spoiled Paris Hilton type (or actually Paris), but most everyone is fine. I mean, we all love music, right?

I almost passed out after Weezer and again this year while waiting for the CSS signing that never was, and complete strangers gave me water both times. I was lost, sick, and freaking out without a cell phone (yeah, some scumbag did steal my phone) this year Sunday night and it took me over an hour to find my tent, and people were trying to help me find my group. I was lying on the grass watching the sky one night and someone "helped" me up because he thought I had passed out. Had a really nasty, random nosebleed on Sunday (God, Sunday this year was horrible) and someone tried to help me stop it, and a vendor gave me a bag of ice. People share their snacks, gold bond, and weed at camp, too. It's that kind of atmosphere.

Not really sure why this board is such a wretched hive of scum and villainy, though.

crazzz2007
12-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Not really sure why this board is such a wretched hive of scum and villainy, though.

Boourns, these are the Internetz.

Internetz, this is Boourns.

gaypalmsprings
12-13-2007, 09:50 PM
http://okinawa.rik.ne.jp/rik/contents/music/cdnavi/mimi001/image/cd_c9.jpg
http://emoticons4u.com/obscene/eck27.gif

algunz
12-13-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm confused.

invisiblerobots
12-13-2007, 10:17 PM
It's been a long time...

http://cache.websetters.com.au/images/865-300x800-balloon_cloud9._new.jpg

JackoWcko
12-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Please, tell us more about this behavior you see on the board that makes you not want to come to Coachella, because I want to be sure I'm saying exactly the right things.

I guess I could pull up specific threads, but I'm lazy.

In summary: bashing on someone's musical taste any time someone posts anything about any band whatsoever gets old fast.

Just go look in the Rumors section. I cant get through one thread without wanting to smack everyone around with a large salmon.

scoop49er
12-14-2007, 07:39 AM
rumours are what they are: rumours....

the majority of people here are just really into going to concerts and festivals and have strong opinions. just go look at the list of some of these people. one person went to around 100+ concerts this year alone. i went to 14 festivals this year so we all do our share of going to concerts...

the coachella festival itself is a very good festival to hang out at. clean, not alot of drunks, very good vibe.... i do reccommend it on that alone....

Ardentbiscuit
12-14-2007, 09:14 AM
You can't generalize about the entire Coachella just because of some posters on a message board.

thelastgreatman
12-14-2007, 10:26 AM
I guess I could pull up specific threads, but I'm lazy.

In summary: bashing on someone's musical taste any time someone posts anything about any band whatsoever gets old fast.

Just go look in the Rumors section. I cant get through one thread without wanting to smack everyone around with a large salmon.

Large salmons suck. They're just ripping off Joy Division. Obviously you're gay.

Heresy
12-14-2007, 10:39 AM
The crowds are pretty chill, it's just when you get those bands like RHCP, RATM, etc., the crowd gets a little rowdy. I got pretty damn close to the stage for RHCP but these fuck tards started pushing people around and causing trouble even though the band wasn't even on the stage yet. It pissed me off and I don't like getting pushed around (I'm a tiny person) so I had to hop the barricade -_- and I lost my friend in process.

Fucking animals.

HunterGather
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I could have lost my friend when i saw Daft Punk in seattle if i didnt grab onto his shirt for dear life haha
This massive wave of pushing was going on. Not really any body pushing eachother directly, but from right to left, people were being swayed over like a tornada was in there.
But it was ok. It kinda settled down after the first 15 minutes, that is, the massive pushing.

I think you just gotta accept it sometimes, especially up front.

J~$$$
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I killed 4 people at a concert last year.