PDA

View Full Version : What do you order at fast food restaurants?

Pages : [1] 2

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I just had a subway club with everything on it.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
At Subway I normally get either Turkey or Italian BMT

Courtney
12-11-2007, 03:01 PM
On the rare occasion that I go to Subway, I get a chicken breast wrap with all the vegetables.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
They have wraps now?

Cruel Runnings
12-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Fuck Subway and their pussy vegetables. I go to Wendy's get myself a heart shattering Baconator covered in Mayonnaise and Ketchup with six strips of bacon and 2 meat patties doused in hot melted cheese all forming some sort of warm cholesterol glop. mmm

bmack86
12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I order fried death. I have to admit, I like fast food, even though I know each bite takes a year off my life. I'm okay with that.

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Wendys spicy chicken sandwich is excellent drunk food.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Wendy's has the best Chicken Nuggets

Mr.Nipples
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
I dont eat subway as I live within 20 feet of one and pretty much have to smell it all day long if i leave the windows open. If i do decide to get fast food which is about twice a week its either in-n-out, carl's jr, or wendy's.

Cruel Runnings
12-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Wendy's has the best Chicken Nuggets

Thats the truth. If I could just have those on hand at all times, good God.

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I dont eat subway as I live within 20 feet of one and pretty much have to smell it all day long if i leave the windows open. If i do decide to get fast food which is about twice a week its either in-n-out, carl's jr, or wendy's.

I know what you mean. For some reason subway fucking stinks and it stinks up all buildings around it.

samiksha
12-11-2007, 03:20 PM
chicken only

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I have never understood how Subway smells the way it does either. There was a point in time when I was in high school that I ate In N Out at least 4 times a week, god I love that place.

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
are there special burgers you can order at in n out that arent on the menu? because I heard there are.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, you can actually order a burger with up to 10 patties in it, the most I have had was 4 and that is called the "4x4"

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
do they have other shit you can put on them, like bacon or mushrooms, etc.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
No, just your choice of regular/grilled onions, 1000 island spread, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:36 PM
oh...I wonder if we will ever get an in n out burger in Utah. We just barely got a cheesecake factory and the wait was like 3 and a half hours, which is ridiculous in utah.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Also I forgot to mention cheese as an option for In N Out burgers... Cheesecake Factory has a very good burger if you ever get a chance to try it, it's called The Kobe Burger, I believe it comes with grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms and crumbled bleu cheese. Get that with their fries and a Guinness and you'll feel like a million bucks.

xleslie
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
in n out is yummy. i usually get a double double protein style with grilled onions, no tomato. French Fries animal style and a pink lemonade. so good.

gaypalmsprings
12-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Carl's Jr.dkGUI4bnQbQ 1/3 pound Hoff Burger

crazzz2007
12-11-2007, 03:43 PM
are there special burgers you can order at in n out that arent on the menu? because I heard there are.

Animal Style = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

Animal Style Fries = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles (if you ask for them).

Fries with cheese = Fries with two slices of melted cheese placed on top.

Double Meat = like a Double Double without cheese.

Triple Meat = Three meat patties without cheese.

3 by Meat = three meat patties and no cheese.

3-by-3 = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.
4-by-4 = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.
2-by-4 = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.
*In the past, you culd order 5-by-5, 6-by-6 or more, but they recently capped it at 4-by-4.

Protein Style = a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

Flying Dutchman = two meat patties, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else, not even a bun

Extra Everything = Adds extra spread, tomato, lettuce, and onions (regular or grilled).

Fries Well-Done = extra crispy fries. highly recommended.

Fries Light = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like them

Grilled Cheese = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and spread on a bun. There is also a Grilled Cheese Animal Style (grilled onions are added).

Veggie Burger = burger without the meat or cheese.

Neapolitan Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

Lemon up = 1/2 lemonade 1/2 7-up.

Root Beer Float = Vanilla shake with root beer combined.

You can basically ask for anything you want as long as they have the ingredients.

SFChrissy
ohhh double double with extra sauce no onions and they can keep the fries!!!

kreutz2112
Also I forgot to mention cheese as an option for In N Out burgers... Cheesecake Factory has a very good burger if you ever get a chance to try it, it's called The Kobe Burger, I believe it comes with grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms and crumbled bleu cheese. Get that with their fries and a Guinness and you'll feel like a million bucks.

That sounds excellent. We are going out for a semi-nice dinner on friday, so maybe we'll hit up cheesecake factory and I will order that exact meal. Also, the cheesecake factory that we got doesnt have a bar that you can sit up to and order food and drinks. They have a full bar menu, but know bar. I have heard that cheescake factory bars are pretty cool and are nice to sit at while you wait for your table. fuck living in utah.

crazzz2007
Yes, you can actually order a burger with up to 10 patties in it, the most I have had was 4 and that is called the "4x4"

not anymore. the limit is now 4x4.

SFChrissy
12-11-2007, 03:45 PM
That sounds excellent. We are going out for a semi-nice dinner on friday, so maybe we'll hit up cheesecake factory and I will order that exact meal. Also, the cheesecake factory that we got doesnt have a bar that you can sit up to and order food and drinks. They have a full bar menu, but know bar. I have heard that cheescake factory bars are pretty cool and are nice to sit at while you wait for your table. fuck living in utah.

cheesecake factory violates labor laws I don't eat there.

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
cool. i dont care.

amyzzz
12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I like chick fil a chicken nuggets and waffle fries....when they're actually open.

crazzz2007
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
If you go to cheesecake factory, you HAVE HAVE HAVE to get the Avocado Eggrolls. Just trust me on this. You will start drooling after the first bite.

gaypalmsprings
chik fil a is a racist company - i don't eat there

Mr.Nipples

thats bullshit. i got a 7 pattied burger 2 weeks ago...

xleslie
12-11-2007, 03:48 PM
well they are technically not allowed to make anything larger than a 4x4, my friend works there and that's what he was told.

dorkfish
easy 1 animal no tomato or lettuce add chiles, fries well done, soda of a sort. ask for packet of spread for the fries. i used to get the neopolitan shakes occasionally.

amyzzz
chik fil a is a racist company - i don't eat there
I don't eat there on Sundays.

crazzz2007
12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
thats bullshit. i got a 7 pattied burger 2 weeks ago...

well, the official policy is 4x4 and no more. that doesn't stop employees from taking your order for bigger sizes.

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Is chik filet mormon owned?

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 03:52 PM

nope..

wikipedia:

Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy is a devout Southern Baptist who has taught Sunday School for over 44 years and whose religious beliefs permeate the company to this day. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." The chain invests heavily in community services (especially for children and teenagers) and scholarships. Cathy's beliefs are also responsible for one of the chain's distinctive features: All Chick-fil-A locations (company-owned and franchised, whether in a mall or freestanding) are closed on Sundays.
Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and directing our attention to things more important than our business. If it took seven days to make a living with a restaurant, then we needed to be in some other line of work. Through the years, I have never wavered from that position.

S. Truett Cathy [5]

Several of the religious organizations that Truett Cathy and Chick-fil-A have lent support to include groups such as Focus on the Family. Groups researching financial support of religious groups have noted that Truett Cathy is one of the largest corporate sponsors of politically active religious groups in the US, largely through grants from the Truett Cathy Foundation but occasionally through direct sponsorship as well or through partnership with other foundations that are major corporate sponsors of politically active religious groups.[citation needed]

Chick-fil-A has promoted religious groups via toys and CDs included in children's meals, much as movie studios promote new movies via McDonald's Happy Meal toys. These have ranged from including toys from the Christian television series VeggieTales in children's meals to including Financial Peace for Kids children's books by Christian financial guru Dave Ramsey and CDs from the Christian radio program Adventures in Odyssey, as children's meal incentives. The latter show is produced by the radio division of Focus on the Family, and typically heard on Christian radio stations.

Chick-fil-A and Focus on the Family also have a history of cross-promotion. Chick-fil-A has also sponsored meetings by the group All Pro Dad; All Pro Dad is a group with affiliations with Focus on the Family via a group called Family First; Family First promotes a large number of conservative religious causes, including covenant marriage.

Chick-fil-A has also directly sponsored other religious campaigns. One of the groups sponsored by Chick-fil-A is Athletes In Action which is a sports missionary arm of the Campus Crusade for Christ.

Another link between Chick-fil-A and religious groups includes promotion of National Bible Week. Truett Cathy is the chair of the National Bible Week Committee.

Truett Cathy is also heavily involved in the WinShape Foundation, a non-profit organization which was started in 1984 with its goal to "shape winners" by offering summer camps, retreats, foster care, and other services.

Amidst the company's push to the southwest, Las Vegas remains the southernmost large city without a Chick-fil-A location.[6]

Chick-fil-A's connection to Christianity has even been brought up in court when Aziz Latif, a Houston-based Muslim employee for 6 years, sued the company in 2002 for firing him, alleging that he was fired for his religious beliefs when he had refused to take part in an employee prayer.[7]

I will not be eating at chick filet ever again.

crazzz2007
12-11-2007, 03:53 PM
oh...I wonder if we will ever get an in n out burger in Utah. We just barely got a cheesecake factory and the wait was like 3 and a half hours, which is ridiculous in utah.

you're in luck. they are supposed to open one in utah next year...

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,284334,00.html

Bud Luster
12-11-2007, 03:54 PM

Nah, they started in the south (GA I believe) and they are christians, hence the closed on Sundays deal.

gaypalmsprings
12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I will not be eating at chick filet ever again.

Let's pray you don't. Amen.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Kreutz, you must listen to crazz, the avocado spring rolls are out of this world and are a great starter for any meal there. If I remember correctly, last time I was there and ordered the Kobe Burger they no longer include crumbled Bleu Cheese, you now have to order it on the side. It does still come with sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions though, and make sure you have it with a Guinness, nothing else.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM

A couple of my friends had a 10x10 contest like a month ago...Weird

marooko
12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Wendys spicy chicken sandwich is excellent drunk food.

get it with cheese and bacon.mmmmmmm. i haven had that in a while cause i try not to eat fast food anymore.

subway-turkey and bacon. mmm. bacon.

iv3rdawG
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
At Wendy's I get the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. If I'm at Jack in the Box I usually just order 2 regular hamburgers and put some sauce on them. At In-N-Out I get a Double Meat, just the meat, sauce and lettuce w/ some fries. Mmm.

crazzz2007
12-11-2007, 04:24 PM
A couple of my friends had a 10x10 contest like a month ago...Weird

i think i might have read about the new 4x4 limit on wikipedia. so you're probably right.

gaypalmsprings
12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
This would be a great time to post the guy eating the huge burger. Do it!

iv3rdawG
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4430/l3e8cc28add33c57b5169b9gz2.jpg

...wait a minute

gaypalmsprings
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
omg, that's funny!

canexplain
12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
I have never understood how Subway smells the way it does either. There was a point in time when I was in high school that I ate In N Out at least 4 times a week, god I love that place.

i hate you thom thom, the only time we ever get in and out is during vegoose .... i used to go to the bay a lot, and got turned on to them about 8 ? years ago ... canx**

roberto73
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm a sucker for the chicken quesadillas at Baja Fresh. I would also be lying if I said I didn't have serious affection for all things Chipotle.

algunz
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I <3 Happy Meals! I have toys from the 80's. When did the Happy Meal start? I have the original plastic boats. Do you remember those?

marooko
12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4430/l3e8cc28add33c57b5169b9gz2.jpg

...wait a minute

that got a fucking serious LOL out of me.

ThomThom
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
A Barbacoa Burrito from Chipotle will complete you, get it...NOW!

disgustipated
12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
chik-fil-a has THE best breakfast.

Chicken biscuits. they complete me.

gaypalmsprings
12-11-2007, 07:03 PM

They will fuck with your soul.

woogie846
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
The only two fastfood places I go are Subway (Italian BMT) and In N Out (double-double with everything including grilled unions, animal style if i'm with friends).

gaypalmsprings
12-12-2007, 06:21 AM
http://www.starchefs.com/chefs/rising_stars/2006/la/images/dish_d_lentz.jpg

TomAz
12-12-2007, 07:39 AM
at Subway i get the club with mustard (no mayo! ick), cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives, salt & pepper, oil & vinegar, and jalepenos. no cucumbers or peppercinis for me, they tear my stomach up.

I do like hamburgers on occasion. BK and Jin the B are dreadful, McD slightly better, but Wendy's is pretty good. I try to get a salad or something instead of the fries, though.

invisiblerobots
12-12-2007, 07:48 AM
hurl
http://greensboring.com/pod/in-n-out.jpg

Mr.Nipples
12-12-2007, 08:12 AM
that's fucked up...

amyzzz
12-12-2007, 08:42 AM

oooo, I haven't tried that. Since I am limited to chicken/poultry regarding fast food, Chik Fil A seems to make the best chicken stuff. I don't eat mammals, so no burgers for me.
I hate that they are closed on Sundays though because I tend to find myself at the mall on Sunday rather than on Saturday.

Melanie.Dawn
12-12-2007, 08:52 AM
I've never been to In and Out burger, we dont have them in Canada. Although I did drive past one when I was in LA a while back. I took a picture, mostly because of the big lebowski. Look's like when I'm down for Coachella I will have to put in and out burger on the 'to do' list.

When I am in the states though, I LOVE Carl's Jr. I dont know why. I hold out for hours on road trips till we enter the US and then till we spot the first one. I can't help it.

In Calgary we have 'Burger Inn'... and it's amazing. It is defanitly enough to keep me satisfied up here, without worrying about what we dont have! haha.

kreutz2112
12-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I have only eaten at Carls Jr. once and I an barely remember what it was like. The reason I am turned off from Carls Jr. is because I hate everything about their commercials, I dont know quite how to explain why, but I get the same feeling watching their commercials as I do watching the "this is our country" commercials. I also dont like how the sandwich drops at the end of ever commercial.

fatbastard
12-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Subway
12 inch cold cut trio on wheat (oil and vinegar - no mayo or mustard)

Wendys
Triple with cheese (lettuce and mustard only)

Carls Jr
Double western bacon six dollar burger

Chipolte
Barbacoa, corn relish, guacamole, and cheese

In and Out
1 double double protein style (meat, cheese, lettuce only) & 1 cheeseburger with grilled onions

Chik-fil-a
Waffles fries with ketchup and mustard

amyzzz
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I get the chicken bruschetta ciabatta at jack in the box. It's at least edible. Jack's fries are nasty though.

miscorrections
12-12-2007, 12:00 PM
You have to get the curly fries at Jack in the Box. Otherwise you're doing yourself an unnecessary disservice.

amyzzz
12-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I used to like Jack's curly fries back in the 90's. I guess I forgot about those. I remember dancing at the clubs until 2am back in the 90's, and picking up a shake and curly fries on the way home.

captncrzy
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
At In n out, I get a double double, protien style, no fries. At fatburger, I get the turkey burger. That's pretty much it for fast food for me....unless I've been drinking, in which case tacos from Jack in the Box rule all.

matildawong
12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
oh Supertacos from Jack in the Box are great drinking fare.

miscorrections
12-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Jack in the Box has the BEST drunk/high food. They were my go-to whenever I got the munchies.

garrett222
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Subway - Turkey/Ham Sub

Cheeburger Cheeburger - 20 oz burger

Dominos - Large thin crust pepperoni and black olive

Burger King - Chicken Parmesean sandwich

Taco Bell - Double Decker, Beef and potato burrito w/NO Sour Cream

Jamba Juice - The pomegranite all fruit drink

Chik-Fil-a - Original Chicken Sand

xleslie
12-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Jack in the Box has the BEST drunk/high food. They were my go-to whenever I got the munchies.

TRUTH.
Also the fact that they serve breakfast all day is awesome.

Wheres the beef?
12-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Twice a week????? Holy shit man!!! Thats way too much.

Wheres the beef?
12-12-2007, 09:40 PM

Fuck that. I dont know about you but whenever I am drunk/high and want to go to jack in the crack its usually on the late night. Not only is the line fucking long as shit but the workers ALWAYS jay you down by stealing half your food and you have to inspect every single thing. It sucks.

Wheres the beef?
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I've never been to In and Out burger, we dont have them in Canada. Although I did drive past one when I was in LA a while back. I took a picture, mostly because of the big lebowski. Look's like when I'm down for Coachella I will have to put in and out burger on the 'to do' list.

When I am in the states though, I LOVE Carl's Jr. I dont know why. I hold out for hours on road trips till we enter the US and then till we spot the first one. I can't help it.

In Calgary we have 'Burger Inn'... and it's amazing. It is defanitly enough to keep me satisfied up here, without worrying about what we dont have! haha.

Go flames?

bballarl
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I can't do Jack in the Box food anymore. I ordered a breakfast sandwich at like 11:30 PM last year and it was just incredibly gross. I use to love Jack in the Box. Their shakes are still awesome though. And their curly fries.

I have a soft spot for Wendy's Frosties.

Wheres the beef?
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
#1 In-N-Out
#2 Del Taco
#3 There is nothing else.

bballarl
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
The Six Dollar burger at Carl's Jr. is the bee's knees.

BoardsofCoachella
12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
I usually get this
Tommy's / Mega Deal
The Hat / Pastrami Dip

comiddle
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I only eat at one fast food place, and that is Tubby Dog... I guess it fits into "fast food".
Best juke in town. They show rad cartoons (Fritz The Cat, Count Duckula, etc).
They serve up pickled eggs and yam fries.
And they serve beer (Newkie + Not Dog Cheetah = Heaven)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k70/janetrash/menuflyerforweb.jpg

comiddle
12-12-2007, 10:47 PM
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v71/16/101/655740320/n655740320_362351_3633.jpg

The Pontius Pilate (Easter weekly from Tubby): kosher all beef hot dog, Jewish mustard, ketchup, bacon, grilled ham, blessed commuion wafers, and a stigmata of curried ketchup. They called it "sacrilecious"!

kreutz2112
12-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Those cheap mexican restaurants (Albertos, Betos, etc) are good drunk food. As is del taco, I like their big fat chicken tacos, they also have pretty good hamburgers.

Wheres the beef?
12-13-2007, 12:37 PM
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v71/16/101/655740320/n655740320_362351_3633.jpg

The Pontius Pilate (Easter weekly from Tubby): kosher all beef hot dog, Jewish mustard, ketchup, bacon, grilled ham, blessed commuion wafers, and a stigmata of curried ketchup. They called it "sacrilecious"!

How the fuck do you go about eating that? With a fork?

Wheres the beef?
12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Tonight me and the girlfriend are eating at Del Taco (first fast food we have had in a year). We are pretty excited. I am gonna be so fat with the nachos/tacos/burritos.

canexplain
12-13-2007, 12:48 PM
if you are ever in New Orleans, get a muffaletta from Franks Deli, the a coffee ole and beineits sp at cafe dumond .... a touch of heaven right on the river ... canx**

miscorrections
12-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Ron's right. It's touristy, but the beignets/cafe au lait are damn good.

canexplain
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Ron's right. It's touristy, but the beignets/cafe au lait are damn good.

tnx for the correct spellings dude ... yea back then, we used to sleep in jackson sq if we couldnt hook up with someone, then wake up, wipe the bird poop off of us, and go to dumond .... what fun times .... i stayed there one time, for over a week, and spent 5 bucks the whole time ... i think people were nicer back then ... canx**

amyzzz
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
tnx for the correct spellings dude ... yea back then, we used to sleep in jackson sq if we couldnt hook up with someone, then wake up, wipe the bird poop off of us, and go to dumond .... what fun times .... i stayed there one time, for over a week, and spent 5 bucks the whole time ... i think people were nicer back then ... canx**
So all that shit in Easy Rider was a lie then?

canexplain
12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
So all that shit in Easy Rider was a lie then?

this is not bragging or making stuff up ... on our way down there, we went from tenn to NO, and there was one place , a rest/gas place where they told us to leave, and in a couple of more towns, it was really scary .... a car followed us out of town once ... but once in NO, it was all safe, hippie heaven, and lots of pretty girls .... we might have went down there 5 times, and thru the years, you could see the changes .... so no, it was not a lie back then, we took our chances, but hey, life on the edge was/is fun .. canx**

canexplain
12-13-2007, 01:07 PM
so board, i can hijack the most precise or obscure thread there is heheh ... canx**

betao
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
normally I dont eat fast food (something i've kinda given up)

i do eat at taco bell once in a while, because i love quesodillas.

and Subway. but no McDs, BK, or Wendys.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-13-2007, 01:31 PM
anything that doesn't have meat or chicken in it...

Mr.Nipples
12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
TELL EM LARGE MARGE SENT YA!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-13-2007, 01:35 PM
TELL EM LARGE MARGE SENT YA!!!

Best quote ever......

invisiblerobots
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.adrants.com/images/kfc_fat_mcdonalds_kid.jpg

Mr.Nipples
12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
the PETArds are at it again!

invisiblerobots
12-13-2007, 01:45 PM
http://eschenck.typepad.com/ernie_schenck_calls_this_/images/michelindonalds_1.jpg

snowgirl_69
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Man when myself and my mates came from the UK to Coachella we had an in n out burger...all felt ill after, felt like heart attack city!!!!!

kreutz2112
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Did you feel like this?

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/70/75/23457570.jpg

snowgirl_69
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Did you feel like this?

and some.....had a double double I think it was called...

kreutz2112
12-13-2007, 01:59 PM
and some.....had a double double I think it was called...

so you felt like this then:

snowgirl_69
12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Haha, mega!!! Will stick to the awesome steaks and salads next time...oh and the bloody mary's!!

kreutz2112
12-13-2007, 02:07 PM
sounds heart attacktastic.

amyzzz
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
So the suffix of the day would be..."-tastic."

crazzz2007
12-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Man when myself and my mates came from the UK to Coachella we had an in n out burger...all felt ill after, felt like heart attack city!!!!!

you fail at in n out. and you have bad taste in food.

fatbastard
12-13-2007, 10:51 PM
if you are ever in New Orleans, get a muffaletta from Franks Deli, the a coffee ole and beineits sp at cafe dumond .... a touch of heaven right on the river ... canx**

I prefer the muffaletta right next store and the central market. Anyone ever choke on the powdered suger while about to bite into a beignet? I could eat 3 plates of those things without thinking about it. The Gumbo Pot at the farmers market makes one but it does not come close.

TheWatcher
12-14-2007, 02:15 AM
Del Taco is the only fast food place I go to, unless there is nothing else to eat. Veggie Works burrito, Chicken Tacos Del Carbon. McDonalds Grilled Chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun with no sauce or Yogurt Parfait are ok.

No burgers for me.

comiddle
12-14-2007, 03:11 AM
How the fuck do you go about eating that? With a fork?

Only a fool would use a fork with a Tubby Dog!
Here's the gripper:
http://photos-507.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v154/212/43/572891507/n572891507_670415_5242.jpg

They also have onion rings the size of your face.

amyzzz
12-14-2007, 04:41 AM
At Del Taco I eat the spicy jack quesadilla and (small) bean burrito with green sauce.

canexplain
12-14-2007, 06:25 AM
I prefer the muffaletta right next store and the central market. Anyone ever choke on the powdered suger while about to bite into a beignet? I could eat 3 plates of those things without thinking about it. The Gumbo Pot at the farmers market makes one but it does not come close.

oh i will take one from the city market anytime .... and yes, half trashed, laughing, and then you bite and that powdered stuff gets all over ... canx**

yummmmmmy

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/FranksMenu.jpg

samiksha
12-14-2007, 06:30 AM
guys, i'm hungry and it's too early for fast food. i took a bite one time of some sort of mcdonalds breakfast contraption and couldn't even swallow it.

TomAz
12-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Muffulettas are good stuff.

fatbastard
12-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I missed breakfast today Ron. I may print that menu and suck on it.

TomAz
12-14-2007, 06:49 AM
oh man. i would kill for a plate of good louisiana red beans and rice right now.

canexplain
12-14-2007, 07:00 AM
oh man. i would kill for a plate of good louisiana red beans and rice right now.

how can anything so simple be sooooo good .. i like a lot of onions, some hot sauce, and a loaf of french bread ... i tried to make muffalettas at home, and could never get the taste quite down .... i know some of the places, pour oil, usually olive in them, wrap them up in plastic stuff, and put them in the fridge overnight ... mine always got soggy and i HATE soggy bread ..i can make a mean batch of the beans and rice though .... canx**

amyzzz
12-14-2007, 07:08 AM
what's a muffulletta? Yeah, yeah, I don't have a very informed pallette. Just freakin tell me.

canexplain
12-14-2007, 07:12 AM
The muffuletta (with numerous alternate spellings) is a type of Sicilian bread, as well as a sandwich in New Orleans, Louisiana, which is made with that bread.

The bread is a large, round, and somewhat flat loaf, around 10 inches (25 cm) across. It has a sturdy texture, and is described as being somewhat similar to focaccia.

The muffuletta sandwich originated in 1906 at Central Grocery, which was operated by Salvatore Lupo, a Sicilian immigrant. The sandwich is popular with city natives and visitors, and has been described as "one of the great sandwiches of the world."[1] Central Grocery still serves the sandwich using the original recipe. Other variations are served throughout the city. The locals have differing opinions on which shop serves the best muffuletta.

A typical muffuletta consists of one muffuletta loaf, split horizontally. The loaf is then covered with a marinated olive salad, then layers of capicola, salami, mortadella, emmentaler, and provolone. The sandwich is sometimes heated through to soften the provolone.[2]

The olive salad is considered the heart of the sandwich, and consists primarily of olives, along with celery, cauliflower, and carrot. The ingredients are combined, seasonings are added, covered in olive oil and allowed to combine for at least 24 hours. Prepared olive salad for muffulettas can also be bought by the jar in New Orleans grocery stores.[3]

The muffuletta is the signature sandwich at the Jason's Deli chain[4] and also at Murphy's Deli[5]. Schlotzsky's chain of restaurants features sandwiches using sourdough muffuletta bread.

A Central Grocery Muffaletta collage -- From top left, clockwise: Muffaletta cross section, Muffaletta in wrappers, special olive salad sold at Central Grocery, circular Muffaletta loaves
[edit] Highlights

canexplain
12-14-2007, 07:17 AM
they may not look that special or just like a sub, hogie, grinder, etc, but they have a special taste ... one thing they are so big !! one article said they always (i say usually) cut them into qtrs because they are as big as 4 regular sandwiches .... canx**

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/muff.jpg

amyzzz
12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Oh. it has meat on it. thumbs down. Also, the bread at Schlotzsky's isn't all that great.

canexplain
12-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Oh. it has meat on it. thumbs down. Also, the bread at Schlotzsky's isn't all that great.

i dont go to schlotzkys, i go to franks or city market :) are you a veggie amy ... i was a vegan for 8 years and am a loser and started eating meat again about 5 yrs ago ... canx**

amyzzz
12-14-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't eat mammals/red meat, but I do eat poultry and fish. I was a veggie from age 17 to age 24, but I started eating chicken again about 9 or 10 years ago.

canexplain
12-14-2007, 07:53 AM
This is only a semi-hijack .. What are some things that seem so simple to cook, but to make it just right, can be challenging . I was thinking:

Biskets
Red beans and rice
A multitude of gravies or sauces
Crepes
Martinis
Pie crust
I know there are a lot, I cant seem to think of them now, I also know the chats we have about things like hamburgers, but that is more a variety of a certain food, or how to cook it, not the food itself . Canx**

captncrzy
12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
you fail at in n out. and you have bad taste in food.

I'm forced to agree with you. In N Out is the only fast food chain that uses fresh rather than frozen meat, they hand prepare everything. They rule.

canexplain
12-14-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm forced to agree with you. In N Out is the only fast food chain that uses fresh rather than frozen meat, they hand prepare everything. They rule.

i think wendys still does too ... canx**

Courtney
12-14-2007, 12:09 PM

It's too bad that for some reason their fries taste aren't very good.

kreutz2112
12-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't eat mammals/red meat, but I do eat poultry and fish. I was a veggie from age 17 to age 24, but I started eating chicken again about 9 or 10 years ago.

what about dolphin? thats a fish mammal...oh man I would kill for a dolphin salad sandwich right now.

gunfoo
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
I avoid any type of fish at Fast Food chain restaurants.

My friends and I always toyed with the idea of opening a Mornig Star Foods type vegetarian chain. I think it could be a very successful alternative to all the other crap that is out there. I will be sad now if one of you gets the motivation to do so and makes millions. I'm sure it's not that easy though.

I love MorningStar Buffalo Wings!

captncrzy
12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
i think wendys still does too ... canx**

They don't hand-prepare their fries.

You can order them extra-crispy and they'll fry your batch longer.

canexplain
12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
They don't hand-prepare their fries.

You can order them extra-crispy and they'll fry your batch longer.

oh, i just read that as fresh=meat and didnt pay enough attention .... this darn work of mine takes away from my coachella comprehension .... canx**

Glamour Damaged
12-14-2007, 02:30 PM
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd179/alleyezondeez1/McDonaldgetsowned.gif

disgustipated
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM

nope...Whataburger does as well.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I was in the mood for some Mac&Cheese, so I went to KFC today.
mmmmmmmm.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
The Chipotle Grilled Stuft Burrito is fucking delicious. That is all.

algunz
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM

I really enjoy their fries, but I am fully aware that I am in the minority. My second favorite fast food fry is McDonald's.

thinnerair
12-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I really enjoy their fries, but I am fully aware that I am in the minority. My second favorite fast food fry is McDonald's.

While I think IN&OUT make a fantastic burger, I think their fries are junk.

ThomThom
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
The Chipotle Grilled Stuft Burrito is fucking delicious. That is all.

Chipotle has a "grilled stuffed burrito"? Fuck me, I'm going there in two hours.

brando4n82
12-19-2007, 09:22 AM
im pretty sure this thread belongs in the babble section

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Chipotle has a "grilled stuffed burrito"? Fuck me, I'm going there in two hours.

Taco Bell. Grilled Stuft. They're weird.

algunz
12-19-2007, 09:43 AM
My secret santa just delivered large fries and a coke from McDonald's. MMMM.

captncrzy
12-19-2007, 09:44 AM

The babble section is for Coachella babble. This is fast food babble.

ThomThom
12-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Taco Bell. Grilled Stuft. They're weird.

Weird indeed, I'm still going to Chipotle for lunch. I can only have taco bell while intoxicated, I never wonder what the "mystery meat" actually has in it when I am fucked up so we get along much better that way.

fatbastard
12-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I just came back from In and Out. Sipping on a diet coke and reading threads.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I never understood the point of getting diet soda if you're eating fast food anyway. If you're going to overload on calories, what're a few hundred more?

J~$$$
12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Maybe hes diabetic.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
FRIES ARE CARBOHYDRATES TOO

ThomThom
12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I have to drink Diet Coke because of my high sugar level and amount of cavities. But I have been drinking diet coke for so long now that regular coke tastes weird.

Somewhat Damaged
12-19-2007, 09:03 PM

I thought he meant Chipotle as well.

I have to drink Diet Coke because of my high sugar level and amount of cavities. But I have been drinking diet coke for so long now that regular coke tastes weird.

I did the Atkin's diet for a year back in 2002 and haven't been able to get used to the taste of non-diet cola ever since. Apparently the aspartame is supposed to devour your innards but I'm not counting on living past 38 anyway so what do I care?

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 09:17 PM

The babble section is for Coachella babble. This is fast food babble.

capt put this a little nicer than I would have. I was going to write "im pretty sure your a fucking idiot" Thanks capt.

Jerm05
12-19-2007, 09:18 PM
DC is my drink of choice when Iced Tea is made unavailable..

...Apparently the aspartame is supposed to devour your innards...

WHAT...

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
FRIES ARE CARBOHYDRATES TOO

Just because sugar = carbohydrates doesn't mean that carbohydrates = sugar.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Actually randy, miscorrections was right, considering the context of what she said.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Carbohydrates, in the form we intake them, are giant polymers of various sugars. They can be broken down into smaller glycogen chains, or broken down to glucose, or fructose, or turned into fatty acids. It all depends what kind of situation you're in, but for the typical non-starved person they get converted to glycogen and fatty acids. So, while fatty acids aren't sugars, glycogen is the storage form of glucose (made from glucose 6-phosphate). Don't fuck with me, I just took metabolic biochem.

algunz
12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I love carbohydrates.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Great, you took metabolic biochem. So you want to tell me that high-fructose corn syrup and raw sugar are processed exactly the same as carbohydrates from fatty acid and grease? Are you sure about this?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Of course not, because sugars and fatty acids are different. Duh. Fries have both.

Although, with the fatty acids, those'll be oxidized down to acetyl CoA and then, in a typical non-starved person, the acetyl CoA can be pushed through the citric acid cycle to fuel oxidative phosphorylation, just like a glucose molecule would do (although that has to get converted to pyruvate and then to acetyl CoA first).

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
there are not carbs in fatty acids/grease.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Right, but in what proportion? You're seriously trying to say that (besides diabetes) you can't envision any legitimate reason to not want to add heavily sugared soda into a value meal? Really?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:39 PM
If you're already flooding your system with shit I don't see that a soda is going to pose much more of a problem than you already have.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
It is pretty absurd for someone to order a diet coke with a big mac value meal, but at the same time they are cutting down their sugar intake.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
That's a brilliant position. You're going to do fantastic in biochem. So then smokers shouldn't bother trying not to smoke more either, right? I guess fat people should just get as fat as possible? Alcoholics might as well just get underneath the tap.

How do you not see these corners you paint yourself into?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
If I'm splurging, damnit, I'm splurging all the way. No namby-pamby diet nonsense for me.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Also I'm not doing biochem, so whatever. And your argument in no way reflects on my scholastic abilities in that field anyway.

algunz
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
How is 180 cal. gonna make a difference in 3,000+?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
And if you have an obesity problem, you probably shouldn't be eating fast food anyway. Drinking a diet soda is not going to solve your problems.

algunz
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Randy, is there no middle ground for you at all, ever?

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Large coke: 310 calories 86 carbohydrates/sugars
Large fries: 570 calories 70 carbohydrates 0 sugars

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
hey miscorrections, I have not thought about metaboolism for like 2 years. I do developmental genetics. Anyway, is the enzyme that converts pyruvate into A-CoA the rate limiting enzyme for entering the TCA cycle opposed to fatty acid biogenesis.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Large coke: 310 calories 86 carbohydrates/sugars
Large fries: 570 calories 70 carbohydrates 0 sugars

randy, fries have sugar.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:46 PM
How is 180 cal. gonna make a difference in 3,000+?

How fucking retarded are you? Seriously? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THEY END UP WITH 3000 CALORIE DIETS, YOU GODDAMN IDIOT?

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
randy, fries have sugar.

::sigh:: Processed sugar, Kreutz?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I like how you list the coke with carbohydrates/sugars but then with the fries they are two separate categories.

Look up the definition of carbs if you don't think they're sugars.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:48 PM

It's the difference of sucrose versus glucose/aldose/fructose/whatever. Much the same.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 09:48 PM

no, you are wrong. I am sorry.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
There's a huge difference betweent the health value of processed sugar and the health value of naturally occurring sugar. We all know that every gram of processed sugar equals a gram of carbohydrates. Know what the figures are for a diet coke?

miscorrections
hey miscorrections, I have not thought about metaboolism for like 2 years. I do developmental genetics. Anyway, is the enzyme that converts pyruvate into A-CoA the rate limiting enzyme for entering the TCA cycle opposed to fatty acid biogenesis.

The PDH complex? I don't really remember if it was rate limiting. But probably, because there are actually three complex subunits involved in that process. I'm sure it must take a while.

algunz
How fucking retarded are you? Seriously? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THEY END UP WITH 3000 CALORIE DIETS, YOU GODDAMN IDIOT?

Relax. Maybe we should cut down on all the Taco Bell.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:50 PM
So then, you two's scientific position is that there's no measurable health difference between sugars that are found present in food naturally and processed sugar added through things like high-fructose corn syrup?

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Relax. Maybe we should cut down on all the Taco Bell.

Stop saying absolutely stupid things and I'll calm down. This argument is disgusting. You're all being incredibly dumb and you should cut it out.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:51 PM
There's a huge difference betweent the health value of processed sugar and the health value of naturally occurring sugar. We all know that every gram of processed sugar equals a gram of carbohydrates. Know what the figures are for a diet coke?

No, but I'm sure water is better. If you truly want to be pointless in your calorie losses, just get a cup of water with your value meal. I'm sure it'll keep you nice and healthy.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:52 PM
So then, you two's scientific position is that there's no measurable health difference between sugars that are found present in food naturally and processed sugar added through things like high-fructose corn syrup?

No, I'm not saying that. I just think that in the grand scheme of things, in a fast food meal, neither is doing you any favors.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't think that was the fucking question, Corinna.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Nutrition information for a large Diet Coke:

Gee, what do you know...

0 calories
0 carbohydrates
0 sugars

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Pretty much anything processed is worse for you than anything natural. There might be some exceptions, though nothing comes to mind.

That said, at fast food restaurants, your whole meal is processed. Soda is SO not the only issue there.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Right, so getting back to the analogy that points out why what you're saying is fucking idiotic:

Do you think someone who smokes two packs a day should even bother trying to cut down to one pack a day? Or should they just either quit entirely or continue smoking two packs a day? Is there any health benefit to trying to minimize the harm you do to your body?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Randy, you have no subtlety or concept of gradations.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Also your analogy sucks. With fast food, you have two problems: the food and the soda. Minimizing both is clearly the best for you. With cigarettes, there's one problems: the cigarettes. Naturally, minimizing use of that will be good for you. There's nothing else to cut down on.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 09:59 PM
But you just made such an excellent point to me that they're both basically the same thing, right?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:00 PM
The fast food/soda combo and cigarettes are both bad for you, yes. Getting rid of the soda and not the fast food still won't leave you healthy. Getting rid of both will. Getting rid of cigarettes will leave you healthy.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
it all about people rationalizing anway. "oh, well if I get this diet coke I will be eating that much more healthy." It just makes people feel less guilty about what their eating. Also, some people may feel that if they drink a diet coke they can eat more fries or another hamburger.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
... are you this stupid? Corinna, I'm going to ask you this question very plainly. Just fucking answer it with the answer you can't possibly now know is true--just give in and fucking recognize that you were wrong for a moment and stop being a shithead.

What is worse for you: drinking a coke, or a diet coke?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
A COKE BUT OH MY GOD IF YOU'RE EATING FAST FOOD YOU'RE STILL FUCKING YOURSELF DIET OR NO

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
If the issue was just soda we'd be in complete accord.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
drinking a coke. still doesnt go against her argument though.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:07 PM
You guys act like putting a large fries in you automatically means you're getting "fat" that day, fat being some kind of indeterminate line you cross just by eating something not good for you. There's degrees, are there not? I mean, honestly, you fucking assholes, you cannot possibly sit there and say that eating a 1200 calorie meal is just as well as eating an 800 calorie meal.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I am not talking about fat, I'm talking about health. When it comes to excess poundage I am in NO place to be throwing stones.

And, inarguably, you're healthier minus fast food.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:10 PM
... oh my god. Nevermind, nevermind, nevermind, why do I even try to talk to you like you're a thinking, educated, intelligent (or even just remotely sensible) human being? Why? Fuck this.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Also kreutz, it's been nice talking metabolics with you.

algunz
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
It is impossible to "successfully" argue with LGM.

Just admit he's right, you're wrong, and the rest of us enjoying the ricockulousness will recognize that you are fighting a losing battle regardless of the content.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
shes just saying that if someone wants to be healthy (ordering a diet coke may imply they are trying to be healthy) then they should not order fastfood at all.

Yes, corinna, I am always down for talking some science.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I highly doubt anyone was enjoying that.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:14 PM
shes just saying that if someone wants to be healthy (ordering a diet coke may imply they are trying to be healthy) then they should not order fastfood at all.

Yes, corinna, I am always down for talking some science.

Is that what she was saying? I don't think it was. Let's test your reading comprehension here for a second and you try to explain to me that's what she was saying.

I never understood the point of getting diet soda if you're eating fast food anyway. If you're going to overload on calories, what're a few hundred more?

Late

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Actually that's exactly what I'm saying, in sort of the opposite scenario.
My statement: If you're determined to be unhealthy regardless, just be unhealthy.
Adam's (correct) interpretation of my later statements: If you want to be healthy, then commit yourself to being healthy.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:18 PM
And if you don't want to commit to being completely healthy, don't make any changes whatsoever. Right?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
You can, and it's fine, but I'll laugh at you. It's like getting a giant caloric frappuccino and patting yourself on the back for not getting whipped cream on it.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 10:20 PM
she may not have said it in those exact words, but I think that was the point she was trying to make.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Actually it's like getting a giant caloric frappucino instead of getting two.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:21 PM
It's not virtuous, and although I guess you're saving yourself some sugar calories, you're still on your way to atherosclerosis and a double bypass.

prettydirtything
12-19-2007, 10:23 PM
What is worse for you: drinking a coke, or a diet coke?

what if the fake sugar in diet coke ends up causing people to have bat babies, saccharine style? what's better, slender bat babies and cancerous rats, or being fat?

http://homepage.mac.com/brianflemming/iblog/images/bat-child-found-wwn.jpg

thelastgreatman
Virtuous? I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were discussing the moral ramifications of calories. Twats. You're all dumb twats.

miscorrections
That's an extremely specious and tangential argument.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
what if the fake sugar in diet coke ends up causing people to have bat babies, saccharine style? what's better, slender bat babies and cancerous rats, or being fat?

http://homepage.mac.com/brianflemming/iblog/images/bat-child-found-wwn.jpg

At least then you'd be fat with a circus act to pay for your McFlurrys.

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Virtuous? I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were discussing the moral ramifications of calories. Twats. You're all dumb twats.

Most people do the diet thing (at fast food restaurants) to feel virtuous, as far as I can tell.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
So the true basis of your argument has nothing to do with healthy living or calories or any of that, it has to do with your preconceived notions about the psychology of people who order diet coke? In other words, you hate some girls who you always hear ordering diet coke, right?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
No, I honestly do think it's close to pointless. I'm sort of trying to understand why someone would do it, but mostly I'm just surprised that they do do it at all.

And no, I don't really go to fast food places so I pretty much never hear anyone order diet coke.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:30 PM
... you're still trying to understand? Really? I mean, you've seen the numbers... and you're still trying to understand? How is that at all possible?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Because I like to think about the big picture sometimes. Really, you're extremely shortsighted.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, you're right, I am. I see things like this:

550 + 350 = 900

Meanwhile you have the much bigger picture view of

550 + what does it matter? You're already making the wrong choice. You should listen to me, I'm a chubby biochem major.

prettydirtything
12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
i think this argument should be moved to the stagecoach board ... that way, all this arguing can occur far away from any other posters.

can a tumbleweed exist in a vacuum?

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
I see things like:

550 + 350 = bad
550 + 0 (diet soda) = better, but still not good
meal not steeped in grease = much better.

Also I don't care if you call me chubby but seriously I'm not biochem.

thelastgreatman
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
i think this argument should be moved to the stagecoach board ... that way, all this arguing can occur far away from any other posters.

can a tumbleweed exist in a vacuum?

No it cannot, and if you'd like to fight with me about it I have several pages worth of lunatic reasons why. =)

Boourns
12-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Fuck Subway and their pussy vegetables. I go to Wendy's get myself a heart shattering Baconator covered in Mayonnaise and Ketchup with six strips of bacon and 2 meat patties doused in hot melted cheese all forming some sort of warm cholesterol glop. mmm

That sounds pretty awesome.

I was in town when the Cheesecake Factory came to Virginia Beach and there was a 3 hour line that wrapped around the block to get inside. Scary.

Cheesecake Factory has the best chicken sandwich in the world. It's this gigantic chicken breast, crispy and fried, of course, with a spicy sauce and I forgot what kind of cheese, but it rocked. Fries were awful, though.

In & Out won't spread to the east coast, no matter how much people beg for a franchise, but now there's something quite like it, but even better. It's called Five Guys, and they do the whole "fresh, not frozen beef and fries" thing, but they have a lot more things available to put on the burger that I&O doesn't, like bacon, steak sauce, mayo, etc. The fries are much better though, because they are cut thicker and come with this great cajun seasoning. Just wish they had cheddar cheese instead of american...ugh.

I can't stomach most of the crap at McDonalds, Carls Jr, and especially Burger King. If I want a heart attack and extra inch on the waistline kind of meal, I'd rather go to Pink's and get a chili burger and orange crush. Soda with cane sugar >>>> typical soda with corn syrup

The Counter in Santa Monica has the best burgers, though.

betao
12-19-2007, 11:09 PM
That sounds pretty awesome.

In & Out won't spread to the east coast, no matter how much people beg for a franchise, but now there's something quite like it, but even better. It's called Five Guys, and they do the whole "fresh, not frozen beef and fries" thing, but they have a lot more things available to put on the burger that I&O doesn't, like bacon, steak sauce, mayo, etc. The fries are much better though, because they are cut thicker and come with this great cajun seasoning. Just wish they had cheddar cheese instead of american...ugh.

Man, back when I used to eat fast food, Five Guys was great. They really do have good burgers. They're a bit pricey, but damn good food. The fries were also pretty good. There's one about 4 minutes from my house, right next door to a Moes Southwest Grill, home of a good quesadilla. Mmmmmm.

lowfront
12-19-2007, 11:13 PM
I honestly cannot remember the last time I got fast food.

Had to have been 2 or 3 years ago now.

xbnmx
12-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Two soy bean tacos for 99 cents at jack in the box all the way.

captncrzy
12-20-2007, 07:04 AM
In & Out won't spread to the east coast, no matter how much people beg for a franchise

In & Out doesn't franchise-all of their units are corporate owned. They're on a slow growth pattern because they have to be able to find localized suppliers that meet their high food quality standards before they grow-since they refuse to freeze anything (meat only stays fresh for so long before they have to freeze it).

amyzzz
12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Thank you, Boourns, for putting this thread back on track.

fatbastard
12-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know if the Spagetti Factory on Sunset is closed for good?

Courtney
12-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Yep, looks like it to me:

"The Old Spaghetti Factory site is proposed for a mixed use project that would include 38,000-sq.ft. of office space, along with 125 condos and 10,000-sq.ft. of retail." (http://blogging.la/archives/2007/05/the_old_spaghetti_factory_clos.phtml)

Courtney
12-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Also it occurred to me today that McDonald's has an entire special menu for Hawaii, including spam, haupia pie and organic green tea. This almost makes me curious enough to go to McDonald's.

meyouseek
12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Go to Carl's Jr. and get yourself a western bacon chee with grilled chicken

It's not on the menu anymore but they'll still make it for you. It's got all the deliciousness of the OG WBC but a few less calories... so you can get a Cap'n Crunch Shake on the side.

If you don't live in a state with Carl's Jr... suck it!

ThomThom
12-28-2007, 11:30 AM

Yeah it's closed, there is one left in LA county, I forget what city it's in but I always see it when I drive to my sister's in Pomona all the time, right off the freeway.

SFChrissy
12-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I have to say I thought of you guys and your 4x4/10x10's the other day going thru in 'n out...

iv3rdawG
12-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I have to say I thought of you guys and your 4x4/10x10's the other day going thru in 'n out...

Well, what did you get?

ADGZ662
12-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Im gonna die of a heart attack at a young age considering I eat some pretty much everyday!!! no joke its to the point that when I eat my delicious fried foods it goes straight to the heart n not my tummy!

Ardentbiscuit
03-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Does anybody really make this?

http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/03/the-mcgangbang-a-mcchicken-sandwich-inside-a-double-cheeseburger/

fatbastard
03-21-2009, 10:31 AM
I tried that new fish sandwich at Wendy's last Friday because of lent. Those commercials they're been showing with the panko bread crumbs got me in the door. I ate 3 of them with an order of fries. They were a bit too fishy for my taste. Then again, I always order my fast food fish without tartar sauce. Try saying that fast three times.

frozen pilgrim
03-21-2009, 10:36 AM
crispy chicken on a "quarter" bun

bleep
03-21-2009, 10:40 AM
I tried that new fish sandwich at Wendy's last Friday because of lent. Those commercials they're been showing with the panko bread crumbs got me in the door. I ate 3 of them with an order of fries. They were a bit too fishy for my taste. Then again, I always order my fast food fish without tartar sauce. Try saying that fast three times.
i like that new fish sandwich. when i'm craving fast food, it's either Wendy's or Fatburger.

fatbastard
03-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Maybe I got a bad batch. I hate when they fry food in fresh oil. It has a weird taste to it. I like stuff being fried in oil that been used for like 6 hours or so.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Also it occurred to me today that McDonald's has an entire special menu for Hawaii, including spam, haupia pie and organic green tea. This almost makes me curious enough to go to McDonald's.

wow...that's weird..I googled Mcdonalds in hawaii and this came up

http://www.mrcheapstuff.com/deals/2007/08/unique-mcdonalds-food-items-in-hawaii/

LULZ even the stores look hawaiian!

http://www.mchawaii.net/1190

SoulDischarge
03-21-2009, 10:52 AM
McDonald's fish sandwich is bio-engineered out of 34% old tires floating off the coast of NYC, 13% cat vomit, and 53% pure hatred.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Two soy bean tacos for 99 cents at jack in the box all the way.

now. I thought all the tacos at Jack In the box were filled with meat? Do you have to request this and do all of them honor this request? I have heard conflicting stories.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Wow...Courtney got me started on looking at different McD menus around the world. I knew Japan had a unique menu but I didn't think of anywhere else...

http://www.trifter.com/Practical-Travel/Budget-Travel/McDonalds-Strange-Menu-Around-the-World.35517

German McDonalds serves BEER!

fatbastard
03-21-2009, 10:57 AM
McDonald's fish sandwich is bio-engineered out of 34% old tires floating off the coast of NYC, 13% cat vomit, and 53% pure hatred.

If the cat vomit came from cats in a coastal area, then the chances are high that a majotiry of their vomit consist of fish.

fatbastard
03-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Wow...Courtney got me started on looking at different McD menus around the world. I knew Japan had a unique menu but I didn't think of anywhere else...

http://www.trifter.com/Practical-Travel/Budget-Travel/McDonalds-Strange-Menu-Around-the-World.35517

I've had a quarter pounder and beer at a McDonalds in Germany. It's easy to build an appetite while waiting for a train.

sonofhal
03-21-2009, 11:23 AM

So does Spain.

They also got into trouble there by introducing a McAfrica burger whilst the World Famine Summit was in progress. Go marketing dept!

1litro
04-01-2009, 06:49 AM
The fastest item on the menu

Hopeless Semantic
04-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah it's closed, there is one left in LA county, I forget what city it's in but I always see it when I drive to my sister's in Pomona all the time, right off the freeway.

There is an Old Spaghetti Factory in Fullerton off of Harbor Blvd...I think it is still there...

kreutz2112
08-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Just an update since this thread was made. We now have In n Outs in Utah.

amyzzz
08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Yay for Utah!