PDA

View Full Version : why do people watch "the hills"?

NoGwenPlease
12-10-2007, 10:54 PM
i've been stuck watching this crap for the past 2 and half hours and I feel like I just got a lobotomy.

wtf is the fukking point?

honestly, theres really no point in this show. the characters aren't interesting. the story is bland and tired, the amount of bullshyt spewed from these bytches mouths is equal to that of your standard milking heffer.

all of the things that happen in the show are not interesting.

why the hell do people enjoy this crap?

I watch wrestling, seinfeld, the oc, and countless other shows that are about nothing, worthless, or downright retarded, but this... this shyt fukkin takes the cake. there's no effort. none.

Boourns
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Why do people watch "The Hills?" Because they are fucking stupid. The producers of this garbage should be forced to pay reparations for the damage they are causing society.

marooko
12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
i may have heard of it, but definatley haven't watched.

JustSteve
12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
pretty funny spoof of the show featuring james franco and mila kunis, seriously dead on.

from funnyordie.com:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/56c2d6a703

thelastgreatman
12-14-2007, 03:56 PM
PF watches it. That is all.

blakely
12-14-2007, 04:01 PM
pretty funny spoof of the show featuring james franco and mila kunis, seriously dead on.

from funnyordie.com:

amazing.

psychic friend
12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I watch the Hills. I like it. I often wonder how people can listen to Tool. I guess we all like different things.

blakely
12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I watch the Hills. I like it. I often wonder how people can listen to Tool. I guess we all like different things.

if only the entire board could live by that sentiment.

RedThom
12-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Why do people watch "I love New York 2"

This is something that bothers me a wee bit more.

JustSteve
12-14-2007, 09:28 PM
i've been stuck watching this crap for the past 2 and half hours and I feel like I just got a lobotomy.

honestly, theres really no point in this show. the characters aren't interesting. the story is bland and tired, the amount of bullshyt spewed from these bytches mouths is equal to that of your standard milking heffer.

I watch wrestling, seinfeld, the oc, and countless other shows that are about nothing, worthless, or downright retarded, but this... this shyt fukkin takes the cake. there's no effort. none.

not everyone lives in l.a. this is for those people who want to but are stuck in bumfuck, iowa. it is also used as product placement. pretty sure restaurants, stores, and everyone else pays to be featured on the show. the kids from other parts of the country will see the products and buy them online. then they walk around school showing off their goods and feeling like one of the cool kids.

from what i have heard, it was the same with "cribs". many of those houses were rented out for the shoot and stocked with all the products from paying companies.

mtv is nothing more than a marketing ploy, from trl to all their "reality" shows. they sell "cool".

Mr.Nipples
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah fight the power!

thelastgreatman
12-16-2007, 06:45 PM

It's not even remotely possible that you like a single person on The Hills. It's not. You wouldn't talk to a one of them for more than a minute if that. Give in, Dani--you watch these shows because you like to hate people. We listen to Tool because we hate OTHER people--not the ones entertaining us.

corbo
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
i concur.
i watched 2 minutes of the hills and almost threw up.
who wants to watch a bunch of vapid crackers having the most inane conversations. BLECH!

thelastgreatman
12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I agree with that Ethnic above me.

goodgrl
12-16-2007, 09:35 PM

from funnyordie.com:

WOW! I caught some of this show on saturday and wondered if SNL had spoofed hills.
BTW I cant stand this fucking show but do watch sometimes when I need a westcoast fix.

rage patton
12-17-2007, 12:37 AM
hahaha that was awesome.

brando4n82
12-17-2007, 06:29 AM

it prevents kids from going out side and being productive. the show is very effective.

Melanie.Dawn
12-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't think it's actually a reality show? Or am I the only one who doesn't KNOW it's not a reality show...?
It just can't possibly be... I guess I've hardly watched any of it but what I have seen.. One shot is in like 6 different angles... Plus, the one commerical they always played when they were talking in the car... I mean, did the camera guy know where they were going to stop and run there, jump to the side of the road and film from the bushes? I didn't actually see the episode though... so maybe they wern't driving and were just in a car?

ThomThom
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Two of the girls that are on this show were sitting next to me and some friends and family that were celebrating a birthday at a popular mexican restaurant, of course we were taking pictures throughout the evening, we were later approached by one of their "people" and advised to put away all of our cameras for the protection of their privacy.

What the fuck is this world coming to?

marooko
12-17-2007, 03:10 PM
You should have told him to mind his fucking business, for his own protection.

algunz
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Or maybe you shouldn't take pictures of people you don't know in public restaurants.

ThomThom
12-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Or maybe you shouldn't take pictures of people you don't know in public restaurants.

Algunz, sorry if I didn't word it correctly but we were taking pictures at our table, for the person the birthday party was thrown for, not them.

Marooko, we simply bipassed their "person" and advised them that nobody in the entire restaraunt including our table gave a flying fuck about them and that we were not going to put away cameras while celebrating our friend's birthday.

nocigarettes
12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
my little cousins watch that shit and i feel bad for them. wasting their time when they could use those hour periods for school work or other important and interesting shows

personally i like watching i love ny 2. that show is full of randomness and foolishness

marooko
12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Algunz, sorry if I didn't word it correctly but we were taking pictures at our table, for the person the birthday party was thrown for, not them.

Marooko, we simply bipassed their "person" and advised them that nobody in the entire restaraunt including our table gave a flying fuck about them and that we were not going to put away cameras while celebrating our friend's birthday.

Good man.

corbo
12-17-2007, 04:43 PM
i must admit i watch i love ny 2 as well.
i feel guilty every time the show is over and hate myself for wasting
my time like that....also
any show based in the OC sucks balls.

crazzz2007
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM

right on

algunz
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Algunz, sorry if I didn't word it correctly but we were taking pictures at our table, for the person the birthday party was thrown for.

Gotcha, that makes a big difference.

ivankay
12-18-2007, 12:58 AM
ok, my confession:

i started watching the Hills (with glee) because i watched Laguna Beach. The reason i watched that was one day a friend told me she was watching it. i was all like "why?" She said she liked hearing the kids talk the way that they do and it amused her. Next thing you know i get suckered into the soap opera of it (not the first time watching tv i got caught in the cheesey dramatics...and i suspect not the last). So when the spin off comes about, i have to see what's up with LC. i liked the first season. i enjoyed the way LA was photographed and thought they were capturing one of its vibes (as superficial as it is). i didn't have too many problems with season 2. At this point in the game, i am wondering why i am wasting my time. The shots of the city are now repetitive. The douchebagery of the characters is more than a little grating now (a little is fine, now its obnoxious...Spencer, his sister, Heidi and Brody anyone?)

Now my Hills/Coachella story: i was resting in the VIP section and cleaning my lenses, when who sits next to me by the fountain, Lauren and Audriana. Before i leave, i say to Lauren "i watch the show and think it's a good show" (before Season 3 ruined that). She was cool and said "thanks". Then Audriana butts in and says "I'm her friend." i looked at her and said "i know. i watch the show." Then i left to take some more pictures. Did i take pictures of them? No. There are plenty of them as it is.

mvanwinkle
12-18-2007, 01:05 AM
i watch it...

beavington
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM
THe Hills is pretty bad, and it falls into the same catagory that I think shit like Bams Unholy Union falls under. Its just on when the kids are home. its background tv, like MTV was when I was growing up. Did you watch half of the shit? For me it was just on.
The show is just fucking ridiculous.

kroqken
01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I hope the cast of the Hills will be roaming the VIP section of Coachella 2008. Lauren is hot for a primadonna biaaaaatch! Also, Tilla Tequilla is way more annoying than anyone on the cast of the Hills.

J~$$$
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Would you say hi to Tilla Tequilla if you saw her? What if she hit on you?

kroqken
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Tilla Tequilla is a selfish bitch. SHe is not pretty and her tits are fake. MORE IMPORTANTLY, her first season of "Shot at Love" was a FRAUD. She had a boyfriend the ENTIRE TIME she was filming that season, she is not really bisexual AND after she picked the "winner", BObby, she never talked to him again except on the reunion show. SHe is NOT LOOKING for love, just advancing her pathetic career and I will not feel cheated ever again by forswearing to never watch any future projects that Tilla Tequilla is involved in. PS, here real name is Tilla Nguyen.

NicoDread
01-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Wait so her real last name isn't Tequila? OMG I feel so stupid!

kroqken
01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Nguyen is a popular Vietnamese last name, just like Tran and Pham.

J~$$$
01-21-2008, 02:44 PM
If you were to get with a woman of asian decent Kroqken....what would be your first choice?

kroqken
01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Korean or Japanese. I am not attracted to Vietnamese women, although I am even less attracted to Cambodian women. The girl I like now is white.

J~$$$
01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Korean or Japanese. I am not attracted to Vietnamese women, although I am even less attracted to Cambodian women. The girl I like now is white.

What about chinese are they even a option?

kroqken
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Chinese girls aree hit and miss. However, I like someone else so "random Asian chicks" are not currently on my plate.

kroqken
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
As for the Hills, does Lauren Conrad really attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles? Perez Hilton says it's a fraud.

Courtney
01-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Ken.

How have things been going for you recently?

kroqken
01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I am okay. I am just trying to straighten things out with that same girl.

Courtney
01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. You've been together now for a while! Have there been good times too, or has it all been this tumultuous?

kroqken
01-23-2008, 07:04 PM
All tumultous. Right now we asre not quite speaking. However, I am trying to make improvements in my life so I can win her back. I hope to take her to Coachella this year, that is my dream.

Courtney
01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Yikes. "Self-improvements" sound very serious. I hope it is not very serious.

Do two have similar musical tastes? Sometimes it's hard to go take somebody to Coachella if they don't want to see the exact same things you do. I think I'd probably rather go with people that I could feel free to split up with and go our separate ways if we had lineup conflicts.

Mr.Wyndham
01-23-2008, 07:14 PM
As for the Hills, does Lauren Conrad really attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles? Perez Hilton says it's a fraud.

one of my friends goes to FIDM and she said lauren was only taking one class(last year), i don't know if i believe or don't believe her.

kroqken
01-23-2008, 08:14 PM
My friend has amazingly similar musical tastes to myself. Her musical tastes are incredible! I turned her on to several bands like the Black Pine, Days and the Kooks and she turned me on to bands like Dungen, Vampire Weekend and Band of Horses.

kroqken
01-23-2008, 09:50 PM
I have a weakness for art students.

kroqken
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Did anyone see Art School Confidential? I heard that movie is good but I have not had a chance to see it yet.

Courtney
01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I saw it. It was especially funny if you're involved with that sort of world.

Ken why do you think you are so attracted to art students?

kroqken
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't know. I just love artsey fartsy creative types with amazing taste. I should study aesthetics more.

Ardentbiscuit
09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Bump...

I don't watch with the sound on though..

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/heidi-montag-after-implant.jpg

Memorial_07
09-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I ask myself the same question everytime the hills is mentioned

emtgreg
09-09-2008, 09:00 PM
o0o0o heidi <3

bluemamba
09-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I have no clue. It seems like the most pointless show. Make me say "and i care because??"

indiekid89
09-20-2008, 06:31 PM
They mentioned coachella one episode.
i cant remember which.
it was in 3rd season and heidi was talking to her co workeer and then her co-worker said something like "well i gotta go work on coachella" or something.
they were probably planning some parties or something.
idk

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-26-2008, 08:06 PM
boobies. thats all it is..... well ass too. but yeah. boobies

HunterGather
09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I never saw the Hills, but from reading tabloids n such, i happen to know Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratts names.

Why are they famous??
I mean, from the show obviously. But why are they constantly whoring themselves around to get photographed at any place they can.

A douche and a ditzy blonde. Who cares.
Even Paris Hilton has more celeb credibility then these 2.
ugh

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
i never watched it either because i have a brain in this skull of mine ,but seriously..... dont be fooled by the teenage drama. its all boobies. boobies. ass. boobies. Thus solving the question "why do people watch the hills?"

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-26-2008, 08:48 PM
THE END.

fatbastard
09-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Doesn't look interesting.

amaezing19@yahoo.com
11-06-2008, 01:08 PM
It's a completely fake show. They give people the impression that LA is nothing but luxurious and filled with people who do nothing but shop all day and go clubbing at night. I definitely think The Hills is responsible for some disappointed tourists.

locachica73
11-06-2008, 01:10 PM
what... its fake... but the acting is so top notch, I never would have guessed it. haha

greghead
11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
watching this show gave me the clap

avoid at all costs

LunaVC
11-12-2008, 02:52 AM
It's a completely fake show. They give people the impression that LA is nothing but luxurious and filled with people who do nothing but shop all day and go clubbing at night. I definitely think The Hills is responsible for some disappointed tourists.

true

I went there expecting something like this and got nothing, no clubs, no bars, no people, just nothing.