PDA

View Full Version : Damn, my girlfriend is amazing...

JustSteve
12-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Last night I walked in to my surprise 30th bday party(actual bday is on the 25th). My girlfriend had been planning this for the last 3 months and I almost blew it, haha. I spent the last 10 days in the hospital due to the lung disease I have, but she demanded to my doc that I get out in time...little did I know that he was in on the whole thing, too. It was so amazing to walk into the restaurant. First I saw my Dad, but then as I looked around the room I suddenly realized that I knew everyone, had to be close to 50 people there. I cannot even begin to comprehend the amount of work that must have gone into this. I had absolutely no clue what I was in for and am amazed that everyone was able to keep it a secret. Even my doctor came down from Palos Verdes to Newport for the event. Knowing how busy he is and all made it even more special for me. This guy is one of the major reasons I have made it(almost) to 30 years old, to a point where I now have a child of my own and beautiful girlfriend/mother of our child. Another person I was so amazed and thrilled to see was my friend/former boss/raddest guy in the music biz from Goldenvoice, I usually only see him a couple times a year, so this was a real treat. He had some big news, too, unfortunately nothing I can really pass along here. All I can say is start saving your money now because next year will blow your minds...and I ain't just talking about Coachella!

ivankay
12-08-2007, 02:37 PM
i hope you gave her some extra loving. Happy late day of coming into the world and congrats on sticking around for a bit longer.

Courtney
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Aw, this is awesome! I love surprise birthday parties (when they are for other people).

Cpt. Funkaho
12-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Damn, your birthday is on Christmas? You must get shafted with the combination birthday-Christmas present all the time.

Thanks for the teaser of a hint... now we're all going to be up nights analyzing your word choice.

wmgaretjax
12-08-2007, 02:41 PM
that's pretty cool. i'm one of those people that doesn't really care for birthdays; but if someone did something like this for me, I think I'd be pretty happy.

ivankay
12-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Damn, your birthday is on Christmas? You must get shafted with the combination birthday-Christmas present all the time.

i thought he meant November 25th. Damn, the Christmas rip.

nocigarettes
12-08-2007, 02:51 PM
just "talking" about
blow your "minds" -----

talking heads

suprefan
12-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Full tours from bands we love I guess.

Radiohead @ The Fonda 5 night residency ftw

Courtney
12-08-2007, 02:59 PM
just "talking" about
blow your "minds" -----

talking heads

Ahahahaaha. Awesome.

Courtney
12-08-2007, 03:00 PM
All I can say is start saving your money now because next year will blow your minds...and I ain't just talking about Coachella!

Blow your mind -- IT MUST BE EVE FEATURING GWEN STEFANI!!!

nocigarettes
12-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Ahahahaaha. Awesome.

thats what came to mind upon reading that.

Courtney
12-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I would be totally excited if it was the Talking Heads. But I just think it's so easy to speculate about cryptic messages and stuff, you have to be careful not to get all worked up about something without any basis for your suspicions.

Mr.Nipples
12-08-2007, 03:15 PM
if the talking heads play...jesus...

psychic friend
12-08-2007, 03:18 PM
:) much excitement is coming.

TomAz
12-08-2007, 03:20 PM
OMG OMG SHE CONFIRMED IT TALKING HEADS HOLY SHIT I'M SO THERE

crazzz2007
12-08-2007, 03:22 PM
well, it could happen.

goldenvoice always seems to pull at least one or two amazing reunions out if its ass. i don't count any band out from coachella, ever, until the festival is over and done with.

rage patton
12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
...and I ain't just talking about Coachella!

This is the part that intruiged me the most...

Actually... what am I talking about? GV doesnt even do shit in Canada. I want to know more about Coachella!

Courtney
12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
The first thing that made me think of is Stagecoach, but the lineup for Stagecoach has already been announced.

rage patton
12-08-2007, 03:34 PM
The first thing that made me think of is Stagecoach, but the lineup for Stagecoach has already been announced.

Johnny Cash in the Tent?

psychic friend
12-08-2007, 03:41 PM
OMG OMG SHE CONFIRMED IT TALKING HEADS HOLY SHIT I'M SO THERE

retard

bballarl
12-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Letting the days go by

(Let the water hold you down)

Once in a lifetime

(Water flowing underground)

Into the blue again

(After the money's gone)

Once in a lifetime

(Water flowing underground)

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

suprefan
12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Uh huh.............

EYbUCvz1LYE

betao
12-08-2007, 04:05 PM
ugh. I hate it when people give you the whole "oh i know a big secret but i cant tell you" spill. why would you tell us this and tease us in the first place? but anyway, congratulations on everything, and best of luck to you and your family!

JustSteve
12-08-2007, 05:13 PM
i hope you gave her some extra loving.

I actually dropped a nice chunk of change on a beautiful ring for her a few weeks ago...after last night the price tag is not as hard to swallow.

bballarl
12-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Worst case, you sell the kid to pay for the ring.

summerkid
12-08-2007, 06:05 PM
ugh. I hate it when people give you the whole "oh i know a big secret but i cant tell you" spill. why would you tell us this and tease us in the first place? but anyway, congratulations on everything, and best of luck to you and your family!

in this case i think its okay though because it at least gives us the heads up that its something good/big sounds like a reunion but who knows.

betao
12-08-2007, 08:10 PM
in this case i think its okay though because it at least gives us the heads up that its something good/big sounds like a reunion but who knows.

maybe, but this will just lead to endless speculation as usual. Plus, i'd rather hear official news from credible sources (not saying steve is not one, but you know what I mean). i think for me that would mean more.

orbit
12-08-2007, 08:17 PM
This is the part that intruiged me the most...

Actually... what am I talking about? GV doesnt even do shit in Canada. I want to know more about Coachella!

Maybe he was talking about some full tour. I'll trust Steve and will buy my ticket before knowing the lineup. Nah, I was gonna do it anyway.

Oh, and thanks for sharing that awesome story. Best wishes!

JustSteve
12-08-2007, 08:22 PM
to clarify, the big news i am referring to has nothing to do with coachella...

rage patton
12-08-2007, 08:23 PM

GV is presenting Radiohead.

orbit
12-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Radiohead and Portishead are touring together.

betao
12-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Brittany Spears plans to stop making music?

oh wait, she never made music in the first place. she made trash.

guess I better keep guessing.

rage patton
12-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Radiohead and Portishead are touring together.

The overload of awesomeness would be WAY to much to handle.

betao
12-08-2007, 09:05 PM
or even better... Boards of Canada are touring.

Plaid is the opener.

Cpt. Funkaho
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Goldenvoice presents for 2008... peace between Israel and Palestine.

Opening for the peace accord is the WMD's, which Goldenvoice has also found.

fatbastard
12-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Last night I walked in to my surprise 30th bday party(actual bday is on the 25th). My girlfriend had been planning this for the last 3 months and I almost blew it, haha. I spent the last 10 days in the hospital due to the lung disease I have, but she demanded to my doc that I get out in time...little did I know that he was in on the whole thing, too. It was so amazing to walk into the restaurant. First I saw my Dad, but then as I looked around the room I suddenly realized that I knew everyone, had to be close to 50 people there. I cannot even begin to comprehend the amount of work that must have gone into this. I had absolutely no clue what I was in for and am amazed that everyone was able to keep it a secret. Even my doctor came down from Palos Verdes to Newport for the event. Knowing how busy he is and all made it even more special for me. This guy is one of the major reasons I have made it(almost) to 30 years old, to a point where I now have a child of my own and beautiful girlfriend/mother of our child. Another person I was so amazed and thrilled to see was my friend/former boss/raddest guy in the music biz from Goldenvoice, I usually only see him a couple times a year, so this was a real treat. He had some big news, too, unfortunately nothing I can really pass along here. All I can say is start saving your money now because next year will blow your minds...and I ain't just talking about Coachella!

They say behind every good man is a good woman (vice versa).

PassiveTheory
12-08-2007, 11:33 PM

Dude, that shit's been done already: Chromeo.

Sexecutioner
12-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I actually dropped a nice chunk of change on a beautiful ring for her a few weeks ago...after last night the price tag is not as hard to swallow.

at least shes earnin that shit!

shakermaker113
12-09-2007, 01:59 AM

wow. was goldenvoice also responsible for getting germany back together?

Ardentbiscuit
12-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Here are some things...

There are so many threads on here I don't even fully comprehend why they are on here. Either they are some strange inside joke that I'll never get, weird internet/board speak I'm not hip to, random ramblings that seem to serve no purpose (of which I'm guilty of too), incredibly strange non-sequiturs, a rehash of already pureed themes and predictions, vague ramblings that elude to some kind of secret knowledge, blowing your own horn, thinly or not so thinly veiled insults, and many other subjects and discourses that I won't get into.

As you know I get depressed and bored waiting for the Coachella line up so I am bound to post randomly on one of these (like I am now) without any knowledge of what I am getting into either because I am super tired, incredibly wasted or just plain losing my mind from a combination of exhausted, fatigue, boredom and frustration.

So often times I post things that have nothing to do with the thread usually because I have no way of knowing (unless there is an act of god) what the purpose of the thread is.

I find this incredibly disheartening and demoralizing. Mainly because I feel like we lose the focus of the public forum and the general idea that we are here to talk amongst ourselves and find out interesting and useful information, meet new people (hopefully avoiding the lame clique mentality but it may be too late) and just have a generally good time without being too authoritarian, know it all, imperious and rude.

Maybe I am expecting too much, maybe I am a verbose blow hard, maybe I am just a hopeless dreamer or maybe I am just a person with too much time on my hands Sunday morning.

Who knows?? I am just having a slight sense of what an epiphany might be or maybe I missed the point of this thread and life entirely again.

I guess it's back to drawing board and back to the daily battles that encompass the whole life experience.

Sigh...

brando4n82
12-09-2007, 08:50 AM

lame

Abe Lincoln
12-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I guess it's back to drawing board and back to the daily battles that encompass the whole life experience.

Sigh...

Cheer up,son.

fatbastard
12-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Daft Punk!

breakjaw
12-09-2007, 08:55 AM

Opening for the peace accord is the WMD's, which Goldenvoice has also found.

Sigged!

Yablonowitz
12-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Here are some things...

There are so many threads on here I don't even fully comprehend why they are on here. Either they are some strange inside joke that I'll never get, weird internet/board speak I'm not hip to, random ramblings that seem to serve no purpose (of which I'm guilty of too), incredibly strange non-sequiturs, a rehash of already pureed themes and predictions, vague ramblings that elude to some kind of secret knowledge, blowing your own horn, thinly or not so thinly veiled insults, and many other subjects and discourses that I won't get into.

As you know I get depressed and bored waiting for the Coachella line up so I am bound to post randomly on one of these (like I am now) without any knowledge of what I am getting into either because I am super tired, incredibly wasted or just plain losing my mind from a combination of exhausted, fatigue, boredom and frustration.

So often times I post things that have nothing to do with the thread usually because I have no way of knowing (unless there is an act of god) what the purpose of the thread is.

I find this incredibly disheartening and demoralizing. Mainly because I feel like we lose the focus of the public forum and the general idea that we are here to talk amongst ourselves and find out interesting and useful information, meet new people (hopefully avoiding the lame clique mentality but it may be too late) and just have a generally good time without being too authoritarian, know it all, imperious and rude.

Maybe I am expecting too much, maybe I am a verbose blow hard, maybe I am just a hopeless dreamer or maybe I am just a person with too much time on my hands Sunday morning.

Who knows?? I am just having a slight sense of what an epiphany might be or maybe I missed the point of this thread and life entirely again.

Sigh...

Yes, this whole thread is a cipher. And a very, very depressing cipher at that. It's so sad to hear about juststeve's party and secrets...especially when you know there's something happening here, but you don't know what it is. Do you, ardent biscuit?

There, there, my laddy, there, there.

breakjaw
12-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Re:Super Secret Surprise

Handjobs on Tour?

childfacsimile
12-09-2007, 01:35 PM
when i read this post i though for a minute you might be my friend steve. i attended my friend steve's surprise 30th birthday party the night before last, which was thrown by his girlfriend at a local restaurant....but he can barely use a computer so you couldn't be him. happy birthday.

rage patton
12-09-2007, 02:18 PM

Did you even ask him about Coachella?

JustSteve
12-09-2007, 03:43 PM
of course i did, but i will not be divulging anything on here...just know that there are some pretty cool things going on this year. i never ask him about line-up stuff, though, i wanna be surprised at the same time as everyone else...well, almost the same time ;)

psychic friend
12-09-2007, 04:17 PM

thank you for clarifying. these people are insane.

can't wait for 2008!

Sexecutioner
12-09-2007, 04:37 PM
i would just like to point out that juststeve never ceases to amaze me with his gayness! seriously, i think he must have high estrogen levels! whether its bragging about going to justing timberlake concerts, or saving his virginity, or making threads about how awesome his gf is, i would have to say that he is definitely the gayest hetero guy on this board. congrats steve! you get the "there is a penis where my vagina should be" award. i cant hate you too much, since you took such a great panoramic shot from the beer garden during the pixies, which i greatly appreciate, but still, try to grow a pair, will ya?

JustSteve
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
believe me, my pair is there and doing just fine. actually, the soldiers are getting ready to go back into battle soon, goin' on an egg hunt...

you do seem to have quite an interest in my life, though, considering the amount of info you have recalled from past postings of mine...does somebody have a little crush??? :pulse

Bud Luster
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
if the talking heads play...jesus...

:) much excitement is coming.

We all know it's gonna kick ass no matter what. I would really enjoy talking heads though. Naive Melody may be my favorite song ever.

How about some sort of electronic fest GV?

suprefan
12-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Fine with me, just gimme Radiohead at the fonda. Or Foo fighters @ Paladinos again, that was so much fun. Oh and Nine Inch Nails @ Nokia, kthxbye.

betao
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Boards of Canada world tour.

after that, daft punk and the entire ed banger crew will be done with.

algunz
12-09-2007, 08:35 PM
If it has nothing to do with Coachella, why hide the big news?

Cpt. Funkaho
12-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Sigged!

Thanks, breakjaw... as far as I know, that's the first time anyone's ever sigged me. Might be the best compliment I've received on the board, the second-best being when PF called me "cute" the other day.

thelastgreatman
12-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Thanks, breakjaw... as far as I know, that's the first time anyone's ever sigged me. Might be the best compliment I've received on the board, the second-best being when PF called me "cute" the other day.

If PF called you cute you're about two vodkas away from poontang city, Funkaho. I should know--she doesn't even find me attractive and I have standing roundtrip tickets.

brando4n82
12-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Fine with me, just gimme Radiohead at the fonda. Or Foo fighters @ Paladinos again, that was so much fun. Oh and Nine Inch Nails @ Nokia, kthxbye.

SER-I-OUS-LY!

WHERE THE FUCKING HELL IS MY YEAR ZERO U.S. TOUR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bug on your lip
12-10-2007, 08:36 AM
AO5B05jbDwo

Yablonowitz
12-10-2007, 08:45 AM
If PF called you cute you're about two vodkas away from poontang city, Funkaho. I should know--she doesn't even find me attractive and I have standing roundtrip tickets.

Well, you're like living haz mat, god knows what odd viral hybrids live in that chemically saturated body of yours. Not exactly a turn on. Your jism can probably eat through five layers of wood.

TomAz
12-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Here are some things...

There are so many threads on here I don't even fully comprehend why they are on here. ...

really? what is there to get or not get about a guy gushing with happiness about his surprise bday party? I think it's pretty cool myself.

amyzzz
12-10-2007, 08:57 AM
It's sad that you've been in the hospital, nice that you've had a great party and heard some good news, but I have to say the douche-factor your posts rank slightly above brokendoll's and marooko's.

Yablonowitz
12-10-2007, 08:58 AM
What's the frequency ardentbiscuit?!

Yablonowitz
12-10-2007, 09:02 AM
It's sad that you've been in the hospital, nice that you've had a great party and heard some good news, but I have to say the douche-factor your posts rank slightly above brokendoll's and marooko's.

And zzzzz's.

Glamour Damaged
12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I love surprises!

J~$$$
12-10-2007, 02:37 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/hell_0.jpg