PDA

View Full Version : coachella 2008 assigned seating???

kmwintersSMU12
12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I was looking at stuff for Stagecoach festival because i was bored as fuck, and I saw that the seating arrangement is reserved/assigned seats, and that different prices correspond with different sections, etc. Is coachella gonna be like that this year too? cuz that would suck hard

lowfront
12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
What a first post

TickleMeElmo
12-06-2007, 10:53 PM
That would work wonders in the Sahara...

faxman75
12-07-2007, 06:31 AM
SQUARE DANCING!

captncrzy
12-07-2007, 06:47 AM
?????

psychic friend
12-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I was looking at this festival in japan where they make everyone where a red hat. I wonder if they are gonna do that at coachella. that would suck.

dontfeedthebird
12-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I have a red hat. But it's a beanie and I'm left wondering if they'll have to be the same style?

roberto73
12-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Maybe we could all be assigned a group when we enter the gate, and we have to stay with that group at all times. The designated leader of the group will have something obvious (perhaps a flag or an umbrella) that he/she can hold aloft so the other group members don't get lost. Additionally, each group member will be assigned a number. Let's say, for the sake of argument, there are ten people per group, including the group leader. When the group arrives at the stage they've decided to visit next, the group members will loudly count off in order, so the group leader is aware if anyone got lost on the way from, for example, the main stage to the Mojave Tent. In the event of one or more lost group members, the entire group will travel to the area designated for lost people. They will wait there until the lost member in question arrives (including anyone lost on the way from the previous stage to the Lost Persons Area).

I know that with an estimated attendance of 50,000+, this means we would have more than 5,000 groups, but I see that as a minor inconvenience. If there's one thing I've always thought about Coachella, it's that it needs more rigorous organization. Reserved seats would be awesome, but I firmly believe my proposal is the best way to accomplish that goal.

sonofhal
12-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I got section Z, row zz, seat 17245 on the coachella 08 pre pre presale. Is that a good seat? Can i see (and hear) all 5 stages from there? Is it close to the toilets?

Glamour Damaged
12-07-2007, 08:51 AM
The Warfield in S.F. is theater like with a Balcony and has assigned seating. I know Coachella hasnt ever been that way in the past 8 years, but if they happen to make it like the Warfiled, that would suck!

Botrocker
12-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Never gonna happen.

psychic friend
12-07-2007, 09:40 AM
yes, i heard they might be building walls around the polo field, adding a roof and it will be the empire polo theatre.

hahahah..

you guys are all silly.

invisiblerobots
12-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Crap, is GA already sold out?! Looks like I'll be stuck in the balcony. Boo!

Courtney
12-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe we could all be assigned a group when we enter the gate, and we have to stay with that group at all times. The designated leader of the group will have something obvious (perhaps a flag or an umbrella) that he/she can hold aloft so the other group members don't get lost. Additionally, each group member will be assigned a number. Let's say, for the sake of argument, there are ten people per group, including the group leader. When the group arrives at the stage they've decided to visit next, the group members will loudly count off in order, so the group leader is aware if anyone got lost on the way from, for example, the main stage to the Mojave Tent. In the event of one or more lost group members, the entire group will travel to the area designated for lost people. They will wait there until the lost member in question arrives (including anyone lost on the way from the previous stage to the Lost Persons Area).

I know that with an estimated attendance of 50,000+, this means we would have more than 5,000 groups, but I see that as a minor inconvenience. If there's one thing I've always thought about Coachella, it's that it needs more rigorous organization. Reserved seats would be awesome, but I firmly believe my proposal is the best way to accomplish that goal.

I would amend this proposal by suggesting that each group stays together by using a knotted rope that each group member holds onto, in the style of preschool daycare programs. That should solve any issues with group members being lost in the crowd.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-07-2007, 10:38 AM
ew...assigned seating at coachella would sux...

mvanwinkle
12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
The Warfield in S.F. is theater like with a Balcony and has assigned seating. I know Coachella hasnt ever been that way in the past 8 years, but if they happen to make it like the Warfiled, that would suck!

how the fuck would they make it like the warfield?
coachella would never do assign seating
coachella would never book greenday
these are things coachella wont do.

ps. the warfield is a great venue.

Glamour Damaged
12-10-2007, 07:42 AM
how the fuck would they make it like the warfield?
coachella would never do assign seating
coachella would never book greenday
these are things coachella wont do.

ps. the warfield is a great venue.

Itwas a JOKE if you couldnt tell (obviously). Espically by everyones sarcastic responses including mine. Wow, lol...thats hilarious...

amyzzz
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I call dibs on the umbrella group!

Jakewc151
12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Imagine if they did Coachella at the warfield..

Tix would sell out in less than a second, and the balcony would probably collapse. heh

Heresy
12-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Ew assigned seating?

I'd rather get crushed by the slimey sweaty gridlock of people and get stuck between people that don't want to move than have assigned seating.

kreutz2112
12-11-2007, 09:26 AM

I would amend this proposal by suggesting that each group stays together by using a knotted rope that each group member holds onto, in the style of preschool daycare programs. That should solve any issues with group members being lost in the crowd.

I would further ammend this proposal to include a group of people that have to wear yellow stars.

MeowMixer
12-11-2007, 11:51 AM
yes, i heard they might be building walls around the polo field, adding a roof and it will be the empire polo theatre.

hahahah..

you guys are all silly.

We're super super selly! I would enjoy everyone wearing black only. Then we would play a little game called "watch 50 year-old hippies die of heat stroke!" That would be su-diddly-uper selly.

anti-square
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
huh?

Courtney
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
That's selly.

woogie846
12-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I was looking at stuff for Stagecoach festival because i was bored as fuck, and I saw that the seating arrangement is reserved/assigned seats, and that different prices correspond with different sections, etc. Is coachella gonna be like that this year too? cuz that would suck hard

This is the most stereotypical noobpost I've ever seen. Congrats.

MeowMixer
12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Noobpost? You're extra selly. 7734206! Noob that bitch!

MeowMixer
12-12-2007, 11:35 AM
ALSO! NEWS! I am no longer a lurker.

Kali27
12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I got section Z, row zz, seat 17245 on the coachella 08 pre pre presale. Is that a good seat? Can i see (and hear) all 5 stages from there? Is it close to the toilets?

OMG... I think I sat around that spot last year :)

This thread has to be a joke!

summerkid
12-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I would further ammend this proposal to include a group of people that have to wear yellow stars.

What are you trying to do here?

Ln3V0HgW4eM

kreutz2112
12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
What are you trying to do here?

Ln3V0HgW4eM

yeah, sort of like that, but the outcome is far worse.

el chango
01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I was looking at this festival in japan where they make everyone where a red hat. I wonder if they are gonna do that at coachella. that would suck.

Red hats??? I tried that during Seu Jorge's set back in 2006, you know, like Steve Zissou's Team Aquatic.... didn't quite work...