PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done a project related to the music industry?

nothingman00
12-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I have a presentation today (my last MBA presentation) and have put absolutely no thought into my presentation. Anyone have a powerpoint pres. or at least viable talking points? It has to deal with the internet side of things within the music industry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I figured if anyone were to have good ideas, it would be this board.

canexplain
12-05-2007, 09:38 AM
hey dani, you would be the perfect person to help on this if you have a few minutes .. i know, its easy to ask someone else to do something ... canx**

Yablonowitz
12-05-2007, 09:39 AM
I have a presentation today (my last MBA presentation) and have put absolutely no thought into my presentation. Anyone have a powerpoint pres. or at least viable talking points? It has to deal with the internet side of things within the music industry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I figured if anyone were to have good ideas, it would be this board.

Wicked ass study habits, dude.

full on idle
12-05-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm sure Dani has tons of time to help Nothingman out with his homework. No offense, Nothingman.

On Veronica Mars, when someone wants to cheat they go see this one guy in this one dorm room, he's got a whole database of OPP (other people's papers). Maybe there's someone like that at your school?

ps what a way to grab that MBA. You'll fit just right in corporate america.

nothingman00
12-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm sure Dani has tons of time to help Nothingman out with his homework. No offense, Nothingman.

On Veronica Mars, when someone wants to cheat they go see this one guy in this one dorm room, he's got a whole database of OPP (other people's papers). Maybe there's someone like that at your school?

ps what a way to grab that MBA. You'll fit just right in corporate america.

I'm not going into corporate America, FOI, but thanks for your sarcastic response to what was intended to be a serious question. After the conception of my daughter, I figured I needed to get some further schooling. I enrolled in a 1-year MBA program, got a scholarship, and have been completely bogged down (I wrote a 41 page research paper working nonstop over the weekend---as in, I got about 15 hours of sleep total from Thursday to Monday and worked my fucking ass off). I'm just sick and tired of you fucking people. You berate innocent people and then idolize a bunch of wannabe scenesters. Most of you haven't even begun to live a meaningful life.

Look, to be honest, I'm not even sure why I come on here any more. You fucking clowns are just about as pathetic of people as I've ever dealt with in any form of communication: So with that, I'm fucking done here. I know there will be parades in the streets or just total indifference; whichever way you can prove that you guys are, in fact, super-cool (when in reality, you all secretly know that you're complete douches). So, a few parting words then I'm seriously fucking done with this board forever:

Greg- You've truly become a prick. Well done. At times you've been helpful, at times you've been a prick. Lately, you're intolerable. Go fuck yourself while listening to the National's new album "Why We'll Never Be Relevant Again".

FOI- Never did I ask for dani's help. I just wondered if someone would happen to have a presentation or even talking points that would help me out. Considering the vast majority on here are music experts, it seemed appropriate to ask you guys for help. Sorry to inconvenience you all. I've literally been working nonstop over the past 2 weeks on various projects. I'm not seeking the easy way out, but I'm only the third person to go through this 1-year MBA shit that my school offers and when you have 15 hours, and everyone is assigning their final projects at the EXACT same fucking time, well you get bogged down. Add in the fact that I've been chilling out on the intoxicants, only drinking wine, so that I can actually be a good husband and father and I think you'll see I'm not trying to cop out on this thing. I just haven't had the time to work on this.

Andrew, Randy, Amy (who gets treated like complete shit by you fucks), Breakjaw, Courtney (thanks for the headphone rec. for my daughter), Hannah, TomAZ (most of the time), Brandon (thanks for the DJ photoshop), Greg (when you weren't being a douche), even Raging Dave, Bug, Pot for at least being funny. And certainly Dani for her help moderating this board and her impeccable timing when it comes to making the appropriate jokes at the perfect times: Thanks for not trying to be holier than thou. While the rest of you have just been non-stop bitches, there are a few people that have some sense of decency.

Seriously, I'm fucking exhausted. I came on and posted an honest question and you guys decided to be your normal fucking prickish selves. I'm done. I'm sure I'll get a ton of "Good riddance" posts and well, I probably deserve them considering I've been nothing but fucking honest about who I am and what I do, which is a lot more than I can say for the majority of you clowns.

Best of luck to all of you, but fuck it, I'm done.

canexplain
12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
i would say lighten up dude, but you seem pretty set in your thinking ... sorry to see you go, and hope to see you back here closer to coachella ... peace .. canx**

full on idle
12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
I was responding to Colorado Ron about Dani helping you.

I think you're stressed out and taking things way too seriously because of your stress level.

I am rarely serious. Cheer up.

J~$$$
12-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Finally hes gone.

wmgaretjax
12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
jesus christ. people take the internet too seriously. you mention the tendency of people here to "berate" people, and then you go on to make generalizations about the lives of "most" of the people on the board. what a fucking hypocrite.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to help you. You are doing a presentation on the music industry? Wait, a little more specific, the "internet side of things?" Give me a fucking break, there was no specificity in your question at all, and you expect people to come in and give random suggestions?

Before you flip out, maybe you should go back, read your original post, and then realize why people responded in the joking manner they did. jesus...

nothingman00
12-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I was responding to Colorado Ron about Dani helping you.

I think you're stressed out and taking things way too seriously because of your stress level.

I am rarely serious. Cheer up.

FOI, it was the "way to grab the MBA, You'll fit right into corporate America shit that infuriated me. Way to go. You got to me. Congrats.

Colorado Ron-You're about the most chill dude on here and I have nothing but respect for you. I've never seen you be a total fucking dick like some of these people. Again, I'll read some comments in this thread to see all of the nice, wonderful things people say about me leaving, but fuck it, I'm done with this shit. The board will be better off without me, and you now have Randy to answer your drug questions.

A fucking simple question (because I actually needed some help and thought someone on this board could provide it with minimal effort---I wasn't looking for someone to do my shit for me, I was just looking for talking points about the evolution of the music industry and the Internet's role in it, with the slight hope that someone had presented the exact same fucking thing) and I got nothing but sarcastic, shitty ass comments. Again, good riddance to myself. Hurry up and get all the shit talking out of the way so I can read, respond, and then get the fuck out of here.

nothingman00
12-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Finally hes gone.

And a good day to you, sir.

canexplain
12-05-2007, 10:34 AM
tnx for the nice words ... on you way out .... here is an interesting article concerning what you ask ... canx**

http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/250056/

J~$$$
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
^serious cat.

nothingman00
12-05-2007, 10:39 AM
jesus christ. people take the internet too seriously. you mention the tendency of people here to "berate" people, and then you go on to make generalizations about the lives of "most" of the people on the board. what a fucking hypocrite.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to help you. You are doing a presentation on the music industry? Wait, a little more specific, the "internet side of things?" Give me a fucking break, there was no specificity in your question at all, and you expect people to come in and give random suggestions?

Before you flip out, maybe you should go back, read your original post, and then realize why people responded in the joking manner they did. jesus...

considering I have no plan of action, any generalizations would have helped. That was why I left it open-ended. All I needed was a few general talking points. The class is somewhat of a pushover, but it's my last presentation and I was hoping someone would at least say "talk about 'In Rainbows' and the effect it will have on the distribution side of the online music industry. I'm fucking delirious after not sleeping, not taking anxiety meds, not drinking for the most part, and I'm just fucking looking to the experts here. But again, fuck it, I'm done. I'm not even going to read the rest of these replies.

J~$$$
12-05-2007, 10:43 AM
You are the poster child for a drug free America.

Wow, just because you cant get your shit together they become our problems and you decide to attack the interwebs. Good job. Grade A cocksukar.

I dont know what you were hoping for on this message board. Its 90% asshole.

PotVsKtl
12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Look at this dude cry like a bitch. I think I'll make a movie about it.

J~$$$
12-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I may do a power point presentation about it.

PotVsKtl
12-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Could you forward that along? I'm not particularly interested in doing the prep work for the movie.

J~$$$
12-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Seriously, I'm fucking exhausted.

I think im I going to go yell at the INTERNETZ for awhile.

Best of luck to all of you, but fuck it, I'm done.

Yablonowitz
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey Zach - Um, take a joke. You have an MBA presentation today and you haven't started on it. I can't poke fun at that?

You're all yelly at me. I'm going to go sit in the wet for a while and think about this.

J~$$$
12-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Hes gone duders, he said aloha and rode off into the sun.

amyzzz
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey Zach, don't go. I'm sorry you're going on no sleep and need to get your paper done right quick. I felt kinda crappy here yesterday because my stupid joke went too far, but I'm still here, hangin' on.

Yablonowitz
12-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Hes gone duders, he said aloha and rode off into the sun.

He said he was done and the continued on with at least three more posts. I don't believe him.

I mean, he's a druggie like LGM and we all know how often he's threatened to leave.

psychic friend
12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm fucking delirious after not sleeping, not taking anxiety meds, not drinking for the most part

clearly he is more sensitive right now than normal. maybe he'll be back after he finishes his mba stuff.

:pulse

bug on your lip
12-05-2007, 12:14 PM
nothing

where u takin yer MBA at ?

i'm about to jump into a program as well

Yablonowitz
12-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Bug, are you sure you want to divulge such personal information?

bug on your lip
12-05-2007, 12:25 PM
intolerable.

canexplain
12-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I did want to say that I was the one that mentioned PF’s name … the reason I said that is: a)she wouldn’t do his homework, but she might post a link to the subject matter that is somewhere only herself or people in the business tend to go for that topic and b) Dani is the resident expert on that topic if anyone is here …. I think she might have been a great person for a short interview from someone “in the know” to include in the presentation …. It would have been classy well maybe I should say more professional … … I just respect anyone who knows more about a subject then myself, which is just about everybody :) canx**

fatbastard
12-05-2007, 01:07 PM
No comment.

fatbastard
12-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Not about your post Ron. Just the thread.

canexplain
12-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Not about your post Ron. Just the thread.

i just figure everyone has good and bad days .... about 5 months ago i said i was going off the board for a while ... dah .... lasted 2 days :) and if you are still checking out the board nothingman00, hot off the press from my inbox an article dealing with your subject .... and yes it is about BHT which i bet most of you dont like, but they are hometown boys here ... canx**

http://www.livedaily.com/news/13292.html

Yablonowitz
12-05-2007, 01:53 PM
i just figure everyone has good and bad days .... about 5 months ago i said i was going off the board for a while ... dah .... lasted 2 days :) and if you are still checking out the board nothingman00, hot off the press from my inbox an article dealing with your subject .... and yes it is about BHT which i bet most of you dont like, but they are hometown boys here ... canx**

http://www.livedaily.com/news/13292.html

I used to be a big fan of BHTM. I still like "Sister Sweetly."

canexplain
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
I used to be a big fan of BHTM. I still like "Sister Sweetly."

good bluesy rock .... maybe just a great bar band, not sure, but i have always liked them, but then they used to play here NYE every year, nooooooooo not now .... grrrrrr ... we have lots of stubs and signed posters and things from them .... never post them here cuz of this crowd .. canx**

Yablonowitz
12-05-2007, 03:31 PM
good bluesy rock .... maybe just a great bar band, not sure, but i have always liked them, but then they used to play here NYE every year, nooooooooo not now .... grrrrrr ... we have lots of stubs and signed posters and things from them .... never post them here cuz of this crowd .. canx**

Yes, this is not a BHTM friendly arena. Nor is it one for rockabilly/punk bands like Social Distortion.

SNOBBBBERY.

Actually, I don't really like BHTM much beyond Sister Sweetly, so I'm no different.

PotVsKtl
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I aw Social Distortion open for the Ramones. I'm the best around.

full on idle
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I can't believe you aw that how.