PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cahuilla questions

digitaldragon03
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
How is the vibe in the developed areas? Is it a non-stop party all night? Or does everybody just come back from Coachella and rest up for the next day? Is the Primitive Area the place to be?

Do they allow/check for alcohol when entering the grounds?

Where is the pool?

thestripe
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
The pool is walking distance. They allow alcohol, and there is always someone up partying. I'm usually too tired after Coachella to keep partying. This year we are renting a house, maybe I'll be better rested.

sk8r408
12-04-2007, 10:30 AM
There is a pretty large thread about Lake Cahuilla already...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120

The primitive and developed areas are pretty similar. The main difference is that there is more shade and RV hookups in the developed area, and developed is slightly closer to the pool. I've stayed in the developed area the last 2 years and I got a developed site this year, in hopes that I have more shade. Lake Cahuilla is awesome. The only downfall is waking up hungover at 6am because your tent is in direct sunlight. Oh yeah, and alcohol is pretty much encouraged! The first night is usually the biggest party.

jonprc
12-04-2007, 10:52 AM
most important: get there early and find a tree to put your tent under. it took me a couple years to figure out but it helps so much.

sk8r408
12-04-2007, 02:06 PM
most important: get there early and find a tree to put your tent under. it took me a couple years to figure out but it helps so much.

That's my plan!

djoz187
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I was in the developed area last year and the primitive before that I did like the developed better everyone seemed closer. As far as partying the first night (Thursday) was the busiest night for partying after that every night kept getting quieter and quieter people just got too tired! It was a great place to stay tho!

digitaldragon03
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I stayed at a cousin's house last year, but i will probably come to Coachella with more people this year so camping at Cahuilla will be perfect. Shade will be our priority.

Thanks guys.