PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 03:43 PM
It rarely snows here in Seattle. We get maybe one or two days per year and it paralyzes the city because it's such a freak event. Today was one of those days. Here's a picture from my roof this afternoon:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/invisible_robots/IMG_0927.jpg

and from inside:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/invisible_robots/IMG_0930.jpg

At least it's not as bad as last year in Portland:

zMzeiMJQrvk

wmgaretjax
12-01-2007, 03:48 PM
plink

gaypalmsprings
12-01-2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.pdn.cam.ac.uk/groups/cnbh/about/photos/winter/snow_cat.jpg

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Is that from Capitol Hill? It would appear that we have opposing views of downtown.

Mr.Nipples
12-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Icb_tRTnA4g&rel=1

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.pdn.cam.ac.uk/groups/cnbh/about/photos/winter/snow_cat.jpg

<3! What's the snow look like in your yard GPS?

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Icb_tRTnA4g&rel=1

Sahara headliner 08

wmgaretjax
12-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Is that from Capitol Hill? It would appear that we have opposing views of downtown.

it is. a few blocks behind the broadway QFC.

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 04:02 PM
it is. a few blocks behind the broadway QFC.

Nice. Is it mayhem up there? I live over by the Key and there's tons of folk out trying to get to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I haven't seen any wrecks yet but I'm sure that I'll see one on my way walking downtown tonight.

wmgaretjax
12-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Nice. Is it mayhem up there? I live over by the Key and there's tons of folk out trying to get to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I haven't seen any wrecks yet but I'm sure that I'll see one on my way walking downtown tonight.

not so bad from the looks of it. I only walked up to the grocery store, but people seem to be avoiding the road. I have to hop on a bus down to the u-dist in an hour or so. we'll see how that goes.

thelastgreatman
12-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Those pictures are making me hate SoCal right now.

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Those pictures are making me hate SoCal right now.

Do you miss the snow LGM?

signmeup
12-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Im bummed that it stopped
we got like 3-4 inches in only a couple hours! and now i have to go to work :(

TomAz
12-01-2007, 04:27 PM

I was just in your neighborhood this week. Dinner at Ototo weds night.

paulb
12-01-2007, 04:28 PM
ya, its snowing here in Vancouver too.

full on idle
12-01-2007, 04:31 PM
brrr

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I was just in your neighborhood this week. Dinner at Ototo weds night.

Tom, did they have the geoduck that night? It's one of the few places in town that I've seen it served and it continues to quiver even after slicing, which makes for a nice presentation. Ototo is a good spot but there's an even more authentic place down the hill that serves fugu if you call ahead. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had the balls to indulge in this yet.

Mr.Nipples
12-01-2007, 04:39 PM
geoduck

mmmm...sea dick...

TomAz
12-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Tom, did they have the geoduck that night? It's one of the few places in town that I've seen it served and it continues to quiver even after slicing, which makes for a nice presentation. Ototo is a good spot but there's an even more authentic place down the hill that serves fugu if you call ahead. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had the balls to indulge in this yet.

they did have geoduck on the menu but I didn't order it.

i've never tried fugu either. might be fun! expensive as hell is what I hear.

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 04:44 PM
http://troyandgay.com/pix/Geoduck06240520002.jpg

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
they did have geoduck on the menu but I didn't order it.

i've never tried fugu either. might be fun! expensive as hell is what I hear.

Next time you're in town I'll take you. Give a shout! I know a place that specializes.

fasttrack
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
it snowed in sumner as well. none of it stuck though.

thelastgreatman
12-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Do you miss the snow LGM?

Very much so. I mean, I don't miss having to shovel cars out or scrape off the windshields or any of that shit, but a lot of my fondest memories of growing up in Jersey involve snow.

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Very much so. I mean, I don't miss having to shovel cars out or scrape off the windshields or any of that shit, but a lot of my fondest memories of growing up in Jersey involve snow.

My family originates from south Joisey. Where you from?

superfiction
12-01-2007, 05:51 PM
its snowed for like 2 weeks straight last year in seattle what the hell are you talking about

thelastgreatman
12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
My family originates from south Joisey. Where you from?

Small town you wouldn't have heard of next to Belmar/Manasquan/Point Pleasant section of the Shore. What part of south Jerz?

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 08:44 PM
its snowed for like 2 weeks straight last year in seattle what the hell are you talking about

There was only two or so days of real snow last year. Like actual sticking to the ground snow. The rest was pretty much sleet, which doesn't count.

invisiblerobots
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Small town you wouldn't have heard of next to Belmar/Manasquan/Point Pleasant section of the Shore. What part of south Jerz?

I used to go to Point Pleasant when I was a kid. Back in the 70s. My clan is based in Bridgeton and going out to the shore was a favored part of my early summers. My mom is from Colt's Neck. She went to high school with Bruce Springsteen in Red Bank.

menikmati
12-01-2007, 09:05 PM
There was frost all over my yard this morning. That's cold enough for me.

thelastgreatman
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I used to go to Point Pleasant when I was a kid. Back in the 70s. My clan is based in Bridgeton and going out to the shore was a favored part of my early summers. My mom is from Colt's Neck. She went to high school with Bruce Springsteen in Red Bank.

Ah, no shit? You mother must be good people then--all the best come from the Shore. Heh.

rage patton
12-01-2007, 11:50 PM
ya, its snowing here in Vancouver too.

How much snow is at your place? Its snowing like crazy where I live.

Apparently monday we are getting a tropical storm. Seriously. A storm is skipping over Hawaii and coming for us. It should be semi warm (around 15C) warm winds... but incredibly fast winds and a torrential downpour. Just to give you a heads up.

samiksha
12-02-2007, 12:14 AM
not a lot of snow in the windy city, just sleet. it was icy and...... windy. i had a friend visiting from ann arbor and he wanted to see the city regardless. the weather didn't seem to stop people from shopping.

marooko
12-02-2007, 12:17 AM
i totally miss the snow. i wanna go back east for a few days this winter. sadly, im not gonna be able to.

invisiblerobots
12-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Ah, no shit? You mother must be good people then--all the best come from the Shore. Heh.

There are good parts of Jersey and I'm glad to be somewhat from there. I love going out to the shore - Point Pleasant, Asbury Park, Cape May. My relatives are constantly bitching about the influx of Mexicans, driving down real estate values and bringing crime but they're a bunch of fucking racists so I don't really know what to make of it all. I like to visit but I sure as fuck wouldn't want to live there.