PDA

View Full Version : The Official Radiohead 08 Tour Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

apostle2
08-26-2008, 02:55 AM
I saw a youtube clip of True Love Waits/EEIRP, I have to say I'm not as absolutely mortified that I missed the show anymore. still fucking killer and awesome to hear, but it was nowhere close to an actual track. still the best setlist of the tour though, Tell Me Why kicked ass...

loveless
08-26-2008, 03:02 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Boourns
08-26-2008, 03:02 AM
After ten shows I finally got to hear Talk Show Host...what epicness. And then all these other surprises, too. So glad I had the good seat tonight and the shit seat Sunday instead of the other way around.

Night 2's really are better, eh?

Boourns
08-26-2008, 03:29 AM
For the cheesecakers:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/074.jpg

See, Jonny really does have a face:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/039.jpg

Phil gets noticed:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/068.jpg

More for the cheesecakers:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/092.jpg

More:
http://picasaweb.google.com/fsmojica/RadioheadAugust252008

paulb
08-26-2008, 03:33 AM
the show from last night, with True Love Waits...is up on DIME now...fast fuckers

Boourns
08-26-2008, 03:38 AM
seriously? wow, thanks for the tip!

paulb
08-26-2008, 03:41 AM
i know this is the Radiohead thread...but seriously.... My Apocalypse, new Metallica, its fuckin trash and Metallica at its best since Justice

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 04:05 AM
Go back a page, I said how much,...

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_62312.jpg

I am not as jealous of this setlist as I thought I would be. Even with the tidbits of Neil Young and the intro of True Love Waits.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 04:11 AM
Word up suckas. Guess who got a setlist...Oh, me.... True Love Waits was full first verse and full chorus and half second verse. THATS NOT GETTING THE SHAFT. Best show ever, for the tour... I Love L.A. even though I said I hated it....

8/25/08 The Hollywood Bowl - Los Angeles Ca

1. Reckoner
2. Optimistic
3. There There
4. 15 Step
5. All I Need
6. Pyramid Song
7. Arpeggi
8. The Gloaming
9. Videotape
10. Talk Show Host
11. Faust Arp
12. Tell Me Why (Neil Young Cover)
13. No Suprises
14. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
15. The Bends
16. National Anthem
17. Nude
18. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1:

19. House of Cards
20. Planet Telex
21. Go Slowly
22. Fake Plastic Trees
23. True Love Waits
24. Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2:

25. Cymbal Rush
26. Karma Police
27. Idioteque

I would have loved to hear Go Slowly at APW...one of the most underrated tracks in my humble opinion. BTW: As I stated a while back...any set that opens with Reckoner would be amazing.

Boourns
08-26-2008, 04:25 AM
So 10 songs from tonight were not played last night, yes? Wow, that's way more variance between 2-night-stands than any other on this tour, yes?

paulb
08-26-2008, 04:39 AM
thats pretty cool... from Lolla to Van for me was 8 diff songs, then Van to Auburn was 4 diff songs that I had never heard before...so I heard 36 diff songs I believe...pretty good for 3 gigs.

betao
08-26-2008, 04:47 AM
that setlist is great. It's up there with the Bristow setlist.

Boourns
08-26-2008, 04:50 AM
I met this guy from Canada that went to Vancouver and Auburn, flew to Outside Lands, and then flew to LA for the last four shows. And he didn't have tickets for any of those Cali gigs...just been getting them outside at the venue the day of the show. Now that's hardcore.

betao
08-26-2008, 04:51 AM
like suprefan and thomthom have some competition as being hardcore fans.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 04:58 AM
So 10 songs from tonight were not played last night, yes? Wow, that's way more variance between 2-night-stands than any other on this tour, yes?

APW had a 11 song difference from the 1st and 2nd night.

Boourns
08-26-2008, 05:03 AM
Seriously? Wow.

Oh well, we got better rarities.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Seriously? Wow.

Oh well, we got better rarities.

For sure...but I still wouldn't trade APW for the HB...that and no rarities that would make me jealous...

thestripe
08-26-2008, 05:18 AM
Go back a page, I said how much,...

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_62312.jpg

Holy shit....

fatbastard
08-26-2008, 05:51 AM
Please…sell your car, sell your home, steal money from your parents and possibly get disowned: do whatever you can to raise money to see Radiohead NOW!

idrive1life
08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
* It's a good setlist (with 26/27 songs and yeah, TLW), nothing super special. I'll be super jealous if that show has all my big 4: PA, KP, PT and FPT. The 5/11 Bristow got all of them. There's a compelling reason why they made that show super special.

* Its always nice to see Reckoner as opener but am disappointed that HoC is not gone for good.

* I'm so glad that the 5/8 Tampa show was the only 2008 US show with The Tourist and with Bullet Proof ... I Wish I Was being played only at 5/5 WPB show. It's the first time they performed BP live again after more than 4 years not playing it live.

* 2 other shows with rarities (2008 tour only) : the HB2 with TLW and the one with In Limbo

* And yeah (to SomewhatDamaged), (nice dream). Its not going to happen. They have no intention in playing it. Its not even being soundchecked. Boourns, if you can get them to play (nice dream) ...

suprefan
08-26-2008, 07:04 AM
What did you end up getting for your tix Chris, make up for some of your travel expenses?

Uh, he was making that up you know. I dont know why the hell you are that gullible and listening to such a piece of s**t person as him. He is still pissed about not being able to get his way in Chicago cause his fat ass friend police officer was blind as a bat and couldnt find me.

Finally a day to relax, I mean, Im at work, but still, some rest when I get home hooray...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 07:05 AM
the only major song we missed at APW was Karma Police. I really don't mind TSH...and I think Florida got the better rarites. I still would have killed to go to the HB Bowl though...just because I have never been to the venue and really really wanted Radiohead to be my 1st show there...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Uh, he was making that up you know. I dont know why the hell you are that gullible and listening to such a piece of s**t person as him. He is still pissed about not being able to get his way in Chicago cause his fat ass friend police officer was blind as a bat and couldnt find me.

Finally a day to relax, I mean, Im at work, but still, some rest when I get home hooray...

WTF?

jigsaw
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM

What's up on an Outside Lands recording? Could you point me in the direction? Thanks.

captncrzy
08-26-2008, 07:59 AM
It's getting to be like a bunch of women gushing over Brad Pitts abs in here.

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 08:04 AM
these radiohead fanboys are much worse captn! I pray to god suprefan never crosses path with thom yorke (or J.Greenwood!), I feel we should warn them

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm wondering if Ivy made it.

suprefan
08-26-2008, 08:30 AM
these radiohead fanboys are much worse captn! I pray to god suprefan never crosses path with thom yorke (or J.Greenwood!), I feel we should warn them

I wouldnt worry so much about it.

Jen, cut us a break............ Oh, check ur pms'

ShyGuy75
08-26-2008, 08:32 AM

Really? Did I get into your head that bad about Lolla? Were you a bit paranoid that day? haha.

You do realize that we will cross paths someday. Soon hopefully. When we do, I hope that you take the tone of me being a piece of sh*t person, and not dicktuck or cry about it being just a message board, and everything is cool. You reep what you sow, supredouche. Don't forget that.

And yes, killer show last night.

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 08:32 AM
I wouldnt worry so much about it.

c'mon, you would at least need a lock of their hair though, right?

suprefan
08-26-2008, 08:33 AM
No, I wasnt paranoid at all. I didnt even think about it really. But dont forget, you were the one who said I wasnt even allowed in that city and you would make my life hell. So you will reap what you sow too by the way...

l.a. times has a review up. its good. i cant copy and paste at the moment though

Cdubby
08-26-2008, 08:37 AM
i was like 10 ft at the most away from thom yorke........he is a fucking rock star on stage, and i was right in front of ed o'brien- he is a beautiful man and im straight.

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 08:41 AM
If I were a girl, and a lesbian, I would go straight for J.Greenwood

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
For sure...but I still wouldn't trade APW for the HB...that and no rarities that would make me jealous...

Yeah, I'd stick with my two shows as well. But it's still a setlist worth stopping and admiring.... There have been too many of those this tour. Radiohead have been kind to us.

ShyGuy75
08-26-2008, 08:44 AM
So you will reap what you sow too by the way...

Good to hear. I'm glad we are on the same page for when we meet.

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM

SERIOUSLY! Radiohead is an amazing band but some in here seem a little too obsessed! especially suprefan, you seem like you have to correct any radiohead fan on radiohead knowledge or find a way to one up them, Does this make you feel important or special? Or is this the only place anyone listens to you? why don't you just not be a douche???

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM
holy shit. hb night 2 is an awesome set list. damn.

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 08:51 AM
love your avatar patsfan!

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 08:55 AM
DITTO!

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 08:57 AM
I love running around in this thread! my main memory of you patsfan is running into you under that metal tree and then Mark finding us and we all went and saw the shitty death cab performance together. my god they were shitty.

i bet suprefan has homemade RH underwear

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
If I were a girl, and a lesbian, I would go straight for J.Greenwood
I went to straight to Jonny Greenwood when I met him in 1995.

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
lol, i was so fried on mushrooms when i found you!

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I was just generally tired. that night was my major drug night, candy flipping for P-Squared! (although friday night had its share of fun, Mark is very generous with his molly, he kept pouring it on my hand)

I went to straight to Jonny Greenwood when I met him in 1995.

maybe i'm just stupid, but I dont really get what youre saying here

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 09:02 AM
i bet suprefan has homemade RH underwear

This is my new favorite quote!

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Just being douchey. :thu

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 09:03 AM
you should totally sig it and share it with the world

I forget, we're cool right amy? sometimes its hard to keep up with who hates who etc etc

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 09:07 AM
i've always wondered how to sig it?

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
quote it, copy it, go to the top of the page, at the left hand side it says User CP. click that, then it goes to a page where you have all kinds of options, its as if you're going to change your avatar. theres an "Edit Signature" thing you can click then just paste the quote.

i'm terrible with words, does that make sense though?

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Check out the User CP top left corner. Signature should show up on the left along with avatar and a bunch of other stuff.

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM
I think i got it!

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM
thanks sallah

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 09:16 AM
i feel so honored. amy helped too! and its only one L, Bobbby. Salah. but its cool homie

Hopeless Semantic
08-26-2008, 09:16 AM
I was a last minute attendee of last night's show and I came away blown away. Though I'm not a Radiohead fanatic, I do think they make great music. From what I recall anyway, I don't think I have ever seen the Hollywood Bowl that packed before. I met Feather on our way up through the gates and managed to enjoy the ambience. Good times.

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 09:22 AM
I really don't mind TSH...

TSH at Outside Lands would probably be in my top 3 song performances of the year... you don't know what you missed... it was AMAZING!!!

not dicktuck or cry about it being just a message board

except it is just a message board, don't be so pathetic.

moviebruin
08-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Last night was like whoah. completely blown away. This was prob the only one out of the three i saw this week that was better than the stripped down show at the greek for the last tour. im really tempted to try and hit up sb bowl now.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2008, 09:24 AM
argh, i typed up my reply and i got logged out somehow > : o

so not only did i make the show...

but the plane took off just as it was sprinkling & i missed the big storm, i got there on time, had enough to change at randy's & get his friend, we got the last parking spot in the lot we wanted and i even got to catch a few minutes of the suckage that was the liars. and i even made it back for my 10am meeting all bright eyed & bushy tailed, so fuck all y'all bitches :)

the show was amazing. easily one of the top shows i've ever seen in my life. they played my two favourite songs of their, talk show host & fake plastic trees, so i couldn't be more happy. no surprises was a nice surprise (har har). i was also really happy we got karma police & idioteque. national anthem was the fucking shit. so glad to hear that live. it took everything in me not to get up and start jumping around. oh, and there there. pyramid song was beautiful too. same with nude. and i see now why everyone was so excited over the gloaming. great lights. the lighting fixture was amazing. i loved the rainbow lights the most :)

thom is adorable. i loved watching him dance like a dork, and he even started stomping around all ian curtis style. the hollywood bowl was fantatic too; i'd never been. we had great seats. we were in the terrace and had four chairs in a little partioned cube. they were just the right distance from the stage to get the overall view.

and gotta say, shows in calicornia are awesome. security is so lax. i saw one guy come back from the concessions with like 4 trays of beer for his friends. in arizona you can generally only buy like 2 beers at a time. and i even got caught puffing a j the guy next to us had passed over, but security just took it from me. in arizona they would have had like 5 security guards come wisk you away to get arrested outside. i guess LA ain't so bad afterall.

so now i'm back at work and can't wait to go home and write a proper review in my live journal. can't wait to see the pics & video either, as i ended up not bringing in the camera.

anyways, so glad i made it out. that was one of the best dates & concerts of my life. thanks again to randy for making it happen <3

corbo
08-26-2008, 09:24 AM
ykno...im kinda glad they didnt play in limbo last night...my brain would have exploded.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
I wonder when they'll break out The Rip. (or when they'll let one rip I guess hehe)

woogie846
08-26-2008, 09:40 AM
I was in section N2, and they were a lot better seats than I thought I had. It was all good, until the asshole next to me kept yelling things during Fake Plastic Trees like, "FREE BIRD!" and "I'M GONNA BONE YOU!".

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I was in section N2, and they were a lot better seats than I thought I had. It was all good, until the asshole next to me kept yelling things during Fake Plastic Trees like, "FREE BIRD!" and "I'M GONNA BONE YOU!".

i hope a cockpunch was in order. before the show, randy kept talking very loudly about how no one should be talking during videotape, lol. we were pretty lucky with the people around us, and our 4th party stranger in the cube with us was quiet too which was perfect.

ivankay
08-26-2008, 09:47 AM
On Sunday there was an overly enthusiastic guy in the section i was a part of loudly and drunkenly screaming "THAAAANNK YOOOOOUUUU! THAAANNKK YOOUUU" multiple times and getting the attention of those of us around him. Instinctively i responded "You're Weeelllcomme!" Apparently he was waiting on the recognition. A few cruddy pics from Sunday coming soon.

bobert
08-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Honestly, the only thing I could think of as being similar to that show was Tool. Definitely different ends of the tonal spectrum emotionally, although somehow very much... complementary, rather than true opposites. A lot of it might just be the incredibly high standard of cohesive lighting schemes that really dramatize the music at such a high level, another big part is the fact that Maynard and Thom are easily the two best vocalists of our time and not only hit their notes but emote more powerfully than any other singer (male singer at least, for sure) I've ever witnessed.

The quality and intensity of their respective singers is truly overwhelming--which in no way is meant to overlook the other big reason... you know, where the members of both bands are pretty much all among the world's most talented performers of their instruments. But more than anything I think it's just that Tool is the only other band I've ever seen where the performance was so FUCKING UNBELIEVABLY TIGHT.

I just wish I could defend my boys Tool a little more... Radiohead is apparently so fucking good they can deliver that level of expertise with a constantly varying setlists of 50-60 songs per tour, while Tool never play more than two hours if that with the same setlist every fucking night.

As much as I love my Reverend Maynard and his clan, Radiohead fucked them up hard. Leave it to the Brits

Goddamn it, Randy. As irritating as I find you I'm once again in complete agreement with you - had the exact same conversation with my friend as we walked out of Golden Gate Park. Tool is really the America's only answer to Radiohead, and during their career Radiohead have been twice as prolific, twice as experimental, and their fans are better dressed and possess superior hygiene (but Tool has the best drummer in the world.) I saw Tool four times on the 10,000 Days tour and give or take a couple of songs it was the same set every time (albeit an extraordinary one.) Caught Radiohead on Friday in San Fran and Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl and I was stunned at how much they switched it up. There's little doubt in my mind that they're the greatest band of their generation. Thank God Thom Yorke doesn't have any pet hobbies like wine-making or ships in a bottle. Maynard needs to hire someone else to stomp on his grapes and get the fuck back into the studio. It's depressing that I may be in my 30s by the time Tool records again, but I'm sure Radiohead will keep pumping out the classics and giving away their albums for next to nothing. Who needs to charge for cds when you've got a live presentation like that to fall back on (eat your heart out Trent Reznor, you're just pissed you didn't think of it first.)

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 09:59 AM
SERIOUSLY! Radiohead is an amazing band but some in here seem a little too obsessed! especially suprefan, you seem like you have to correct any radiohead fan on radiohead knowledge or find a way to one up them, Does this make you feel important or special? Or is this the only place anyone listens to you? why don't you just not be a douche???

love your avatar patsfan!

Get the fuck out. You're not here to talk about the tour, take it to the PAW thread and be irrelevant there.

That was the best rock concert I've ever seen. At one point I had to bum rush past Suprefan as he was turning around to look at me. It was pretty hilarious, but I do believe I James Bonded that shit to safety. Of course, it's hard not to run into the cocksucker when he walks up and down the garden and terrace aisles looking for celebs and board members.

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 10:03 AM
That was the best rock concert I've ever seen. At one point I had to bum rush past Suprefan as he was turning around to look at me. It was pretty hilarious, but I do believe I James Bonded that shit to safety. Of course, it's hard not to run into the cocksucker when he walks up and down the garden and terrace aisles looking for celebs and board members.

Ha ha ha, I can just see Randy pulling down the brim of his hat and rushing behind some fat dude as Chris cranes his neck around.

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Also, I highly recommend flying chicks from Arizona and taking them to the best rock show in the world. This will be paying off for a while. =)

ivankay
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Sunday, the 24th:

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0185--large-msg-12197731476.jpg
Waiting on the Red Line

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0186--large-msg-121977319531.jpg
i see Chris at the t-shirt stand. He's like "Why you all sweaty?" "i'm old and
just walked up from Hollywood and Highland."

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0192_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977320792.jpg
Taken from the back of G1.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0200_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977321548.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0204_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977322384.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0213_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977322763.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0226_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977323508.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0240_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977324394.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0253_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977325669.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0254_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977326008.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0260_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977326487.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0266_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977326949.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0287_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977327298.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0291_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-12197732766.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0305_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977328537.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0312--large-msg-121977328959.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0317_Radiohead_at_the_Hollywood_Bowl_8-24-08--large-msg-121977329749.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0318--large-msg-121977330085.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0319--large-msg-121977330486.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/renegademartian/default/IMG_0323--large-msg-121977330846.jpg

garrett222
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Is RotationSlimWang dating ChairmenMeow47?

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Also, I highly recommend flying chicks from Arizona and taking them to the best rock show in the world. This will be paying off for a while. =)

http://www.nndb.com/people/156/000027075/clark-gable.jpg

bullokz
08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Get the fuck out. You're not here to talk about the tour, take it to the PAW thread and be irrelevant there.

LOLZ

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM

I do apologize, I only do it to piss of supre. and what a funny image you gave me

humanoid
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
/\ I' believe I nearly ran into Suprefan in the tunnel beneath Highland after the Sunday night show...

BROKENDOLL
08-26-2008, 10:27 AM
http://www.nndb.com/people/156/000027075/clark-gable.jpg Now I'm having a visual of Randy wooing Ivy like Rhett wooed Scarlett... But, in reality, he was gay too.

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 10:37 AM
fucking hell LA crowds are obnoxious! I'm trying to watch some of the youtube vids and there is so much yelling and screaming in the middle of songs...

luckyface
08-26-2008, 10:38 AM
fucking hell LA crowds are obnoxious! I'm trying to watch some of the youtube vids and there is so much yelling and screaming in the middle of songs...

While I tend to agree, I thought the night 1 crowd was superb compared to other HB shows (not saying much). I was actually impressed. My section was very quiet, although you could hear some douches yelling at inopportune times every few songs.

rage patton
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I am so glad there was minimal yelling during Exit Music in Vancouver. There was one really loud scream at the back at one point, and I was really afraid Thom was going to stop. Luckily by the time the song was reaching its climax, the crowd was dead silent. You could have heard a pin drop. It was beautiful.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM

indeed it will. my friends all agree you've officially won boyfriend of the year. everything's definitely coming up milhouse =P

yes sir!

Now I'm having a visual of Randy wooing Ivy like Rhett wooed Scarlett... But, in reality, he was gay too.

clark gable gay? when carole lombard died a piece of clark died too. he was totally in love with her. not gay at all.

patsfan5454
08-26-2008, 10:42 AM

Actually i was in here to talk about the tour, i was praising what a great show i saw on sunday if you didnt already see those posts! However i was just offended at how some in this thread think that just because they've attended 10 or more radiohead shows they are god given experts on radiohead and feel they have to talk down to anyone who doesnt obsessively follow them around the US like them.

PassiveTheory
08-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I need to see a show at the Bowl at some point in my life...

hendrixfan143
08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
tell me why was pretty much the most beautiful thing i had ever heard. IT was the perfect blend of my two favorite artists.

jigsaw
08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
TOOL > RADIOHEAD

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
However i was just offended at how some in this thread...

:-(

Boourns
08-26-2008, 10:52 AM

Wish you had been there last night. Legendary. And all that Bends stuff you love. Well, we all love.

rage patton
08-26-2008, 10:53 AM
I was just watching some videos and I decided that Karma Police may be the best sing along song ever.

For a miiiiiinnnnuuute I LOst myself. I LOst myseeeEEEEeeeelllllllllf.

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Wish you had been there last night. Legendary. And all that Bends stuff you love. Well, we all love.

You are going to SB as well right? How about SD?

You Californians are so lucky you get so many damn shows in close proximity.

sbessiso
08-26-2008, 10:57 AM
i'm still forever grateful for my single west palm beach show

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Still waiting patiently (ha!) for some southwest love.

iv3rdawG
08-26-2008, 11:04 AM
The audience was pretty good last night. Especially during "Fake Plastic Trees".

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
My Dime account is fucked, can somebody please upload this bootleg to somewhere else?

bartelby
08-26-2008, 11:17 AM
dime is down right now from my end....uploads would be much appreciated

and was there a APW night 2 recording or what? i can't find one anywhere...

thestripe
08-26-2008, 11:30 AM

Me too, but I would rather see Radiohead in a venue outside LA. With the exception of last nights show, it seems that RH don't enjoy playing LA as much as other places. I've seen them in NYC before and they were amazing, in good spirits and interacting with the crowd.

thestripe
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
but I'd still see them at the bowl if the chance came about.

Wheres the beef?
08-26-2008, 12:16 PM
OSL was my first time seeing Radiohead. I've never really given them a chance and given all the hype around here I had high expectations. Some songs I was really impressed by. Some were kinda, meh.

I was impressed with the stage setup, lighting design, and overall artistic design of their set and the show. But there were a few songs where I thought it was totally cheesy (National Anthem).

I wish I had seen them at the bowl or at a proper venue where I could actually see things.

feather
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Last night was so much fun. Snuck up to the front for about an hour until the staff made us go back to our real seats. We were in front of Justin Timberlake it was kind of funny. It was my first time at the Bowl and I really enjoyed the venue. Also a fellow boardie recognized me and said hi!

Son of MJK
08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Last night I watched from above the bowl, and wishing I had the $$ for a seat. I could tell from the setlist and crowd reaction that it totally blew their lolla performance away, which was my first Radiohead show.

SFChrissy
08-26-2008, 12:57 PM
anyways, so glad i made it out. that was one of the best dates & concerts of my life. thanks again to randy for making it happen <3

indeed it will. my friends all agree you've officially won boyfriend of the year. everything's definitely coming up milhouse =P

yes sir!

clark gable gay? when carole lombard died a piece of clark died too. he was totally in love with her. not gay at all.

Also, I highly recommend flying chicks from Arizona and taking them to the best rock show in the world. This will be paying off for a while. =)Congratulations!!! Randing, did she starfish the bed???

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
there is another reason for flying pussy in other than desperation right?

SFChrissy
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
there is another reason for flying pussy in other than desperation right?i WOULD IMAGINE oops, that importing it from the cuts is better quality than the pretentious, transplanted, I wanna be superstar sylicona beat up slut bag.

Newro7ic
08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
http://2check.smugmug.com/photos/359506984_P4fe5-M.jpg

Night 2 was much better than night 1. As soon as I saw the red pants, I knew we were in for a treat.

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
def red pants FTW!!!

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
damnit, stop making me wish I had been closer to the stage (so I could've seen the band).

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
damnit, stop making me wish I had been closer to the stage (so I could've seen the band).

being at a Radiohead show and not seeing the band is unacceptable IMO.

Young blood
08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Im starting to hate this band. Not because of the band but their fans.

Newro7ic
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Im starting to hate this band. Not because of the band but their fans.

http://2check.smugmug.com/photos/359504449_7QLEy-M.jpg

I think we can live with that.

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Not because of the band but their fans.

i could def do without all the pale, skinny "po"-faced kids with their chins up.

... oh and the fat guys who sing all the words to every song in booming, out-of-tune yelling.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
being at a Radiohead show and not seeing the band is unacceptable IMO.
I didn't really mind it at APW much because the lights and sound were so great. Oh and they had neat video screens.

I didn't get to see any weird band antics though, and I couldn't see clothes colors, t-shirt sayings, etc.

All in all, this stage set-up looks fucking awesome from mid-way to far back, so at least I have that.

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 01:58 PM
I didn't really mind it at APW much because the lights and sound were so great. Oh and they had neat video screens.

I didn't get to see any weird band antics though, and I couldn't see clothes colors, t-shirt sayings, etc.

All in all, this stage set-up looks fucking awesome from mid-way to far back, so at least I have that.

Being close enough to watch the bands expressions and movements at Outside Lands gave me a complete different view of the show. You could see when Thom was really pissed off about the sound and could tell they were fighting to make the song sound good. You could see when he would get frustrated and just start mumbling the words... then Colin would start jumping up and down to try to hype them up and get them going again. One thing I had never seen before was Thom crack up in the middle of doing "the eye" thing during "You and Whose Army?"...

Gave the performance much more character.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 02:01 PM
If Thom cracked up during You and Whose Army at my show, I would've seen it. Video screen super-close-ups ftw. I doubt I'll ever be that close for a Radiohead show anyway because of my SO.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM

of course! don't forget the rack :thu

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM

i'm counting that as a vote for desperation.

woogie846
08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I really need a find a way to get into that Santa Barbara show.

JustSteve
08-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Of course, it's hard not to run into the cocksucker when he walks up and down the garden and terrace aisles looking for celebs and board members.

does he hold his hand up in a nonchalant way so people can see his pit wristband, the whole "look at me, i'm better than you"?

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Radiohead - Cymbal Rush Live Hollywood Bowl 8-25-08

VlYSlerng3s

Everything In Its Right Place w/ True Love Waits

J_d2Ogkm7GQ

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Of course, it's hard not to run into the cocksucker when he walks up and down the garden and terrace aisles looking for celebs and board members. haha I missed this. Supre, right? He did that to me at Daft Punk.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 02:19 PM
does he hold his hand up in a nonchalant way so people can see his pit wristband, the whole "look at me, i'm better than you"?
Umm, pot calling kettle black. just sayin. I remember all your backstage coachella pics.

JustSteve
08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Umm, pot calling kettle black. just sayin. I remember all your backstage coachella pics.

i post pictures that i think are cool and of a different perspective, but not once have i gone around bragging about it and begging for attention saying "look what i got, i'm better than all of you" like suprelame does. big difference, dumbass.

SFChrissy
08-26-2008, 02:46 PM
One thing I had never seen before was Thom crack up in the middle of doing "the eye" thing during "You and Whose Army?"...

Gave the performance much more character.That was a great moment!!!

apostle2
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
is anyone driving down from LA to chula vista and has room for / wants someone to carpool with? after seeing HB night 1, I have to see them again before the end, and I found a guy wanting to dump lawn seats for face. if someone is driving down I will pick one up

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
i post pictures that i think are cool and of a different perspective

wrong supresteve. +1 for a little more subtlety... but still the same shit.

suprefan
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Ok, so considering I had a s**t ton of friends that were there, what was I supposed to do, stay on one place? Not happening. I figure it provided you with some entertainment value last night Im sure.

IdiotequeThom
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow, last night sounds incredible...
I hope Chula Vista gets a decent setilst.

My Current Ranking of shows on this tour:
1. 8/9 APW Night 2
2. 6/10 Paris Night 2
3. 6/9 Paris Night 1
4. 8/8 APW Night 1
5. 8/22 Outside Lands

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok, so considering I had a s**t ton of friends that were there, what was I supposed to do, stay on one place? Not happening. I figure it provided you with some entertainment value last night Im sure.

So Chris, had enough yet? Aren't you sick of Radiohead by now? I don't think I could handle seeing them this many times. There can't be many songs left on the roster that you haven't seen (Kid A, Supercollider, In Limbo, Bulletproof, and Sail to the Moon maybe?)

IdiotequeThom
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Also, what happened to My Iron Lung?

JustSteve
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
wrong supresteve. +1 for a little more subtlety... but still the same shit.

intention is everything and i post with no intention of anything other than sharing a picture. piss off, wmgaretamy.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
maybe it's your attitude then. :thu

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
intention is everything

So you are a douche by accident?

JustSteve
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
maybe it's your attitude then. :thu

my attitude? pull that stick out of your fucking twat. i now see why so many have you on ignore.

JustSteve
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM
So you are a douche by accident?

i guess, if posting a picture makes me a douche, then so be it. please find me one of my posts where i actually bragged about something and i will concede, otherwise you can go back to your corner.

suprefan
08-26-2008, 03:51 PM
So Chris, had enough yet? Aren't you sick of Radiohead by now? I don't think I could handle seeing them this many times. There can't be many songs left on the roster that you haven't seen (Kid A, Supercollider, In Limbo, Bulletproof, and Sail to the Moon maybe?)

Nope, the L.A. shows were just nice and relaxing, Ill be good for tomorrow and thursday. Then Ill need a break in general, in 06 I went a bit nutty after those 6 shows in a week... I personally would like Myxomatosis, Super Collider and My Iron Lung. also a new song debut would rule, but thats unlikely. I doubt they do another cover, and if they did, it woudl be The Rip. Longshot request is Bulletproof because its my good friends ''one song'' she hasnt heard. I got mine, she deserves hers now.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_51303.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_53403.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_54184.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_55483.jpg

ivankay
08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
very nice!

Sexecutioner
08-26-2008, 04:20 PM
so stoked i decided to go last night. a couple weeks ago i had planned to sell the ticket since i could have used the money, and extra time off work, and since im going to 3 other shows, but i somehow had a feeling that night2 would be epic, so decided to bite the bullet and go both days. sooo glad i did, cuz last nights setlist was right up my alley. any show with fake plastic is a success in my book. not to mention all the other rockers they played. its nice to be able to see a 2 night stand and see so many different songs played. the contrast between the 2 nights was perfect.

its funny, i was just thinking how radiohead needs to be a little more adventurous in their setlists, considering they dont play many covers these days, and what do ya know, they bust out a cover! now if they would only revive "nobody does it better".

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 04:21 PM
wicked pictures. the green one (gloaming?) is incredible.

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 04:33 PM

i WOULD IMAGINE oops, that importing it from the cuts is better quality than the pretentious, transplanted, I wanna be superstar sylicona beat up slut bag.

Both of these are correct answers. Also, BlackSwan, when's the last time you gave a girl one of the best nights of her life? If you were smart, son, you'd realize that shit like this is why I possess the A-class 'tang (sorry about the "tang," Ivy).

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 04:34 PM

I thought you guys were around the sound booth Amy? Me and the Wife saw everything from there.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
dime is down right now from my end....uploads would be much appreciated

and was there a APW night 2 recording or what? i can't find one anywhere...

I too am looking for that 2nd night APW...

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
I thought you guys were around the sound booth Amy? Me and the Wife saw everything from there.
I'm short-ish--I think there may have been someone tall in front of me. And I was on acid too, so maybe I forgot to move around for a better band view. I was enraptured by those lights!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm short-ish--I think there may have been someone tall in front of me. And I was on acid too, so maybe I forgot to move around for a better band view. I was enraptured by those lights!

I really thought the lights were going to give me a seizure.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
The 2nd night we were really far back.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 04:54 PM
The 2nd night we were really far back.

Did you get there late or something?

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Did you get there late or something?
No. Jacob hates crowds.

BlackSwan
08-26-2008, 04:57 PM
BlackSwan, when's the last time you gave a girl one of the best nights of her life?

...and sought self-validation by talking about it at length on a message board?... Never.

Since you want to know though, the last time was Saturday... It's been a slow week.

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM

A "s**t ton of friends?" You don't even have, like, a single dump's weight of friends, what are you talking about?

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
...and sought self-validation by talking about it at length on a message board?... Never.

Since you want to know though, the last time was Saturday... It's been a slow week.

Who talked about it at length? Not I, sir. If the lady wants to talk about it that's her fucking business and not really any of your concern. My condolences if no one's gushing about you--you might look into "you're a twat" as the explanation.

boarderwoozel3
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
tee-hee

suprefan
08-26-2008, 05:09 PM
If you wanna look for a place that has recordings organized, check here..

http://inrainbowsremix.com/tour08/

A "s**t ton of friends?" You don't even have, like, a single dump's weight of friends, what are you talking about?

The things you really dont know my man. Hey, glad you had fun by the way.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/DSC057463.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/DSC057353.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_61843.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
I hate the fact that you have to show off those amazing pictures...keep em coming...I expect loads from SB Bowl btw...

boarderwoozel3
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Yo supre, what kind of camera do you have? Those pictures are great.

TBrown33
08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
... oh and the fat guys who sing all the words to every song in booming, out-of-tune yelling.

Oy. I had one of those right next to me in R1 last night.

suprefan
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
All except those Jonny close ups taken with a Canon Sd 1100 IS. close ups with a Sony DSC T10.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_60753.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_60093.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/suprefan/IMG_60103.jpg

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
If you wanna look for a place that has recordings organized, check here..

http://inrainbowsremix.com/tour08/

holy crap, you posted a helpful link instead of just telling people to go to the at ease message board.

Yo supre, what kind of camera do you have? Those pictures are great.

this seriously need to be in some kind of FAQ.

hawkingvsreeve
08-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Show was great, although I could have done with a few less In Rainbows songs in place of Bends - Amnesiac material. Understandable though being that this is the tour for the album. Highlight of the evening was Talk Show Host.

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
that's it. next time they're here, I'm doing the all night waste thing to get near-front-row bowl seats.

cue sarcastic remarks from Suprefan about how I missed my chance. before you start, I don't care how long 'till their next US dates. the next tour will be better because it won't be 50% in rainbows. 4 years or so will be just long enough for me to get over the tragedy that was outside lands.

boarderwoozel3
08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
that's it. next time they're here, I'm doing the all night waste thing to get near-front-row bowl seats.

cue sarcastic remarks from Suprefan about how I missed my chance. before you start, I don't care how long 'till their next US dates. the next tour will be better because it won't be 50% in rainbows. 4 years or so will be just long enough for me to get over the tragedy that was outside lands.

Why was OSL a tragedy?

Getting Idioteque and Karma Police back to back and near Talk Show Host was awesome.

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Why was OSL a tragedy?

Getting Idioteque and Karma Police back to back and near Talk Show Host was awesome.

you mean apart from the sound failiures, the bad atmosphere and the awful crowd? I almost walked out. it wasn't quite a tragedy, I'm exaggerating. but it was certainly underwhelming, especially in light of how awesome hollywood bowl night 2 appears to have been.

Newro7ic
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
What's the deal with cameras in the SB bowl? Is it like the HB bowl? They will "overlook" it if you're not flashing it around all retarded like?

boarderwoozel3
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
you mean apart from the sound failiures, the bad atmosphere and the awful crowd? I almost walked out. it wasn't quite a tragedy, I'm exaggerating. but it was certainly underwhelming, especially in light of how awesome hollywood bowl night 2 appears to have been.

Fair enough. The sound cutting out twice is inexcusable "ok, who poured their beer on the plug?"

I was halfway between the stage and sound tent on the right side barrier. The crowd was pretty sedate (very stoney SF), it seemed as though I was the only one in my area dancing/moving through the whole set.

I was expecting another encore too. My watch had time for another song or maybe two. (I was hoping for 2+2=5 in a second encore)

But, In the end I had no reservations about that set and the lady-friend I brought down from Seattle was blown away so everything was in its right place. And speaking of, that was a flawless rendition to end the night.

boarderwoozel3
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Glass half-full ;)

feather
08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
I was halfway between the stage and sound tent on the right side barrier. The crowd was pretty sedate (very stoney SF), it seemed as though I was the only one in my area dancing/moving through the whole set.

I was in the same area and felt the same way. Everyone was giving me weird looks since I was moving so much. I hope people were a little less reserved towards the front!

betao
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
the next tour will be better because it won't be 50% in rainbows.

you're right. It won't have nearly all of IR. Instead, it will have new material that people will complain about because it doesn't sound like OK Computer or The Bends.

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Most of the In Rainbows songs were highlights of the show. Get fucked, haters.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I might complain if they leave out a bunch of IR next tour. ;)

betao
08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Most of the In Rainbows songs were highlights of the show. Get fucked, haters.

Seriously. The only real song from IR I didn't like hearing live was All I Need. But it's not bad or anything. I even enjoyed HoC as a closer.

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
How did you not like All I Need? You people are fucked up.

amyzzz
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
No shit.

betao
08-26-2008, 07:48 PM
I dont know. I just never could get into it to begin with. It's a good song, but it just isn't something i'd request for.

but Bristow was my first time seeing them. They opened with it, and I was just so freakin excited for everything, so I liked it anyway.

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 07:50 PM
hey supre that Canon you have is the one you recomended right? I think Circuit City has it for about 189. Is it the same one?

RotationSlimWang
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Will someone please megaupload the torrent from dime, goddammit? Where's the sense of Radiohead community, huh?

idrive1life
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Seriously. The only real song from IR I didn't like hearing live was All I Need. But it's not bad or anything. I even enjoyed HoC as a closer.

:nono

betao
08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
:nono

Bring it kind sir.

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
SD tomorrow, HELL YEAH. roll call, who is going to be there?

TommyboyUNM
08-26-2008, 08:23 PM

I'll be there. If anybody sees me, feel free to say hello. Section 205, Row E. I'll be the brown guy in a green collared shirt.

matsuolost
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
me! 3rd and last

TommyboyUNM
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM

Your internet persona can be pretty douchey at times, but I very much agree with you. In Rainbows is a great album and I can't wait to see all of the songs tomorrow. All I Need is, in fact, one of my favorites on the album.

Newro7ic
08-26-2008, 08:31 PM

I'll be there.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
the last part of all i need makes the song.

and the pics are all awesome. more, MORE!!!!!!!!! lol

matsuolost
08-26-2008, 08:45 PM
actually i like the first part better
the transition from piano to the bells or whatever
ahh... im listening right now
from the apw night 1 boot
amazing recording
too bad he didnt get night 2

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
the second verse of All I Need on the album slays...

And I still don't get why people think it's a happy song...

Boourns
08-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I love All I Need. I fell in love with it when I first heard a bootleg of it back in the day. That and Down Is The New Up were my faves of the 2006 tour.

shakermaker113
08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
you're right. It won't have nearly all of IR. Instead, it will have new material that people will complain about because it doesn't sound like OK Computer or The Bends.

whatever. I don't really care for the bends. I think the kid a/amnesiac/hail to the theif material is all the best live stuff. the bends can go the way of pablo honey and I won't be upset. I just think In Rainbows is too mellow for a live show. I love the album, but didn't dig it in a live setting. sorry.

cansei de ser sexme
08-26-2008, 09:09 PM

Me. If any of you see me in the GA section in the back, i will probably be the tallest person under 18... i will be with my dad and uncle, they love them some Radiohead!

PassiveTheory
08-26-2008, 09:11 PM
...You're not 18?

Jesus christ, you're going to grow up to be the Sasquatch.

Answering the roll call, I will be present, with the afro in full force.

Also, I cannot understand how someone can wish for the Bends to go the way of Pablo Honey due to a lack of live music quality when Planet Telex and Just look so goddamn amazing in the live youtube vids I've seen... C'mon, shake man.

wmgaretjax
08-26-2008, 09:13 PM
whatever. I don't really care for the bends. I think the kid a/amnesiac/hail to the theif material is all the best live stuff. the bends can go the way of pablo honey and I won't be upset. I just think In Rainbows is too mellow for a live show. I love the album, but didn't dig it in a live setting. sorry.

I think the problem is that it all gets played every night. So you get 7 mellow songs each night that all have a really similar, albeit coherent, feel. If it were distributed a little more sparingly it would work incredibly in the sets.

Seeing Arpeggi in the encore in Auburn totally blew my head off and left me wishing that they spread it out across sets (and even further apart in the individual setlists) more. If I saw 5 or 6 songs of In Rainbows each night instead of 9 or 10, you lose a couple mellow tracks and it's going to reduce the drag a lot more.

As far as the Bends goes, I think that out of the songs played on this tour... Bulletproof and Just can be retired. Leave The Bends, FPT, Planet Telex and Street Spirit to get played on really special Encore occasions and kiss The Bends goodbye for the most part.

send me ctrpllrs
08-26-2008, 09:28 PM

Can't fucking wait! The day is finally almost here.

I wish I had shrooms. And I need to get more e.

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Just? Retired? you are fucking retarded.

betao
08-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Just can be retired for all I care. It can be replaced with Nice Dream. Now we're talking.

matsuolost
08-26-2008, 09:49 PM
just was the best part of apw1
its so different than the studio version

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Just can be retired for all I care. It can be replaced with Nice Dream. Now we're talking.

I agree with you a lot on here, but this and MBV, and I don't know right now. Just Retired would be a BIG mistake. that song rules, and i've yet to hear it live.

betao
08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Just isn't one of my favs from the Bends. I think both that and My Iron Lung are too... well just not as good as the others (i'm ready for the flak i'll get for saying that).

Hearing Bones or Nice Dream would have been a swell treat.

and whats this word about MBV? I guess I need to read the other thread now haha.

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm listening to electioneering, and it's a shame they don't play it live anymore. They should bring it back. surprise everyone.

Geno_g
08-26-2008, 10:02 PM
that's weird that is what I'm listening to and I was just gonna say that...

betao
08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I remember reading that (I think) Jonny doesn't like it. So there go the chances for that.

suprefan
08-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Man what did I miss, finally took a nap....

And how do you retire Bulletproof when it was played just once this whole time? If it was like every 5 shows, thats one thing...

apostle2
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm going to drop this in again because it may have gotten lost in the douchery argument on the last couple pages. I am buying a ticket to the show tomorrow, last second whim, if any has any want/need/space for another person to go with and chip in on gas, let me know...

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Man what did I miss, finally took a nap....

And how do you retire Bulletproof when it was played just once this whole time? If it was like every 5 shows, thats one thing...

supre is the camera you have the same one you recommended? I think the same one is 189.00 at circuit city.

suprefan
08-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Uh, yeah, and thats a ncie deal.

TheScaryOne
08-26-2008, 11:21 PM

i'll be there in the pit. soo excited for my first radiohead concert experience :)

Kali27
08-26-2008, 11:27 PM

roll call... check.

so ive never even been in this thread and havent been on in awhil. i cant sleep because i am sooo excited so I just went and read the last 70 pages just to see if i may have been getting my expectations high... and I still think they are gonna blow every sing one of those expectations away...

Kali27
08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
OMFG... so the craziest thing JUST happened...

All I Need comes on the playlist that I am listening to. I am sitting at my computer desk in a dark room except the desk lamp next to the screen. As the song is going along, Thom sings "I'm just an insect..." and a moth lands right by my hand on the mouse under the light... "trying to get out of the light..." and he flies up, makes a circle around the speakers playing the music and flies off into darkness...

Sushov23
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm so excited for tomorrow, fuck I cant wait. I am extra excited because my little brother(9 years old) is going to see them. It will be his 2nd concert, and all I gotta say how many people can say when they are kids that Radiohead was their 1st or 2nd show.

HowToDisappear
08-27-2008, 12:21 AM

We - The Atom Family, that is - will be there.

atom heart and her sis will be in the pit. My husband and I will be in the front row. Yee-haw!!!

boarderwoozel3
08-27-2008, 12:43 AM

Yeah, if All I Need doesn't make you think about a special someone you need to get your pulse checked. Great song, I love how emotionally charged it is.

I was in the same area and felt the same way. Everyone was giving me weird looks since I was moving so much. I hope people were a little less reserved towards the front!

I blame all the people with blankets (what was with that anyway?!) I didn't care at all though. Dirty looks or not I was in my own Radiohead induced state of ecstasy. After a while, a few older people around me started to get down too so that was fun.

I got the most looks when RH started the intro to a song that I was hoping for (there was much jumping and gleeful yelps when Idioteque, Krama Police, The Gloaming, Paranoid Android and Talk Show Host started)

Edit* And Everything In Its Right Place, easily one of the best songs played this tour, so good.

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2008, 01:17 AM

yes sir!

clark gable gay? when carole lombard died a piece of clark died too. he was totally in love with her. not gay at all. Well, the piece of him that died wasn't "that one," but, she was the only woman he was in deeply in love with. BTW...Pretty cool date Randy took you on, I'm impressed. Do remind him though that there are still 4 months left in the year...Don't fuck up! (This Radiohead break was sponsored by "The Love Boat." Back to your regular programming now...) :)

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Congratulations!!! Randing, did she starfish the bed??? Do you know how bad I wanted to ask the same damn question? LOL

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Both of these are correct answers. Also, BlackSwan, when's the last time you gave a girl one of the best nights of her life? If you were smart, son, you'd realize that shit like this is why I possess the A-class 'tang (sorry about the "tang," Ivy). I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen Randy post the word "sorry" to anybody on this board, ever. Wow.

TommyboyUNM
08-27-2008, 04:29 AM
Alright I'm headed to pick up my Radiohead companion and go to the airport. See you all tonight!

fatbastard
08-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Hollywood Bowl 2>Hollywood Bowl 1>San Francisco

garrett222
08-27-2008, 05:58 AM
what does it mean to 'starfish the bed'?

bartelby
08-27-2008, 06:29 AM
what does a starfish look like?

imagine a person taking that pose on a bed

ta-dah

garrett222
08-27-2008, 06:45 AM
Ivy's not like that...

I thought there'd be more to a word like starfish..i thought for sure it'd include some reference to something wet..(i.e. starfish = sea = water)

fatbastard
08-27-2008, 07:16 AM
I just learned what "to superman someone" means. Starfish is out of my realm.

SFChrissy
08-27-2008, 07:30 AM

ta-dahBartelby Scores!!!

Ivy's not like that...

I thought there'd be more to a word like starfish..i thought for sure it'd include some reference to something wet..(i.e. starfish = sea = water)Yes, she is...she even admitted so on this board...

I just learned what "to superman someone" means. Starfish is out of my realm.
Uhhh...what does that mean...enlighten me, please!!!

jigsaw
08-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I thought a starfish was a kiss stain from her butthole left on the sheet...

C DUB YA
08-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Radiohead - Blossom > than all other shows this tour.

Ed even said so in a radio interview last night. Well to be correct, he mentioned how good that show was in particular, and how much they love that venue. (this was before the bowl shows though)

Nothing new.

jigsaw
08-27-2008, 07:45 AM
And to superman that ho means that you blow your load on the bitches back and then stick the bed sheet to it.

Newro7ic
08-27-2008, 07:56 AM

That was my interpretation as well.

jigsaw
08-27-2008, 08:08 AM
That was my interpretation as well.

Yeah, I thought it was her "stamp of approval".

bartelby
08-27-2008, 08:11 AM

well how about that, you learn something new everyday

bartelby
08-27-2008, 08:15 AM
just listening to the Toronto boot right now and good god can a yakking chick nearby ruin a great show or what?!?

some excerpts from this idiot-chick's conversation who talked nearly the whole fucking concert, whether they were mid-song or not:

- "what's he saying, i can't make out the words"
- "ooooh, i like this song" (then proceeds to talk the ENTIRE FUCKING SONG)
- "what's his name, Thom Yorke? Does he go by Thomas?"
- "I hope he introduces the band sometime. I like that, feels more chummy"
- "do you think they just go off for water breaks?"

chairmenmeow47
08-27-2008, 08:48 AM

ta-dah

THANK YOU! jeez, some of y'all are sick fucks! :p

and what's with all the electioneering love? that and subterrainian homesick alien always get the fast forward from me. BOR-ING!

and bartelby, those are all hilarious.

JustSteve
08-27-2008, 09:12 AM
fast forward? you still using cassettes?

amyzzz
08-27-2008, 09:14 AM
I don't skip anything on OKC (or IR). Which I why I rate those 2 as the best Radiohead albums.

bartelby
08-27-2008, 09:17 AM
electioneering is one of my all-time radiohead favs!

shame ivy, shame....

chairmenmeow47
08-27-2008, 09:21 AM
fast forward? you still using cassettes?

last i checked my ipod has a fast-forward button. what the fuck else would you call it?

and even radiohead says electioneering is just "guitar noise", so i stand by my statement :)

anti-square
08-27-2008, 09:24 AM
More COWBELL!

anti-square
08-27-2008, 09:24 AM
That's what I think whenever that song starts.

Somewhat Damaged
08-27-2008, 09:25 AM
The advantage to your girlfriend working for an airline: you get to fly for free!
The drawback to flying for free: you're standby, so if there's any problem with a previous flight, you're potentially going to get bumped from your flight.

In an hour or so, I'll know if I'm getting bumped. Jen said it isn't looking good that I'll make my 1:50. Let's hope the gods that smiled upon Ivy and allowed her trip to go off without a hitch are similarly kind to me.

chairmenmeow47
08-27-2008, 09:25 AM
The advantage to your girlfriend working for an airline: you get to fly for free!
The drawback to flying for free: you're standby, so if there's any problem with a previous flight, you're potentially going to get bumped from your flight.

In an hour or so, I'll know if I'm getting bumped. Jen said it isn't looking good that I'll make my 1:50. Let's hope the gods that smiled upon Ivy and allowed her trip to go off without a hitch are similarly kind to me.

i'm hoping so as well! lots of positive thoughts going your way :)

Somewhat Damaged
08-27-2008, 09:28 AM
i'm hoping so as well! lots of positive thoughts going your way :)

Thanks, though I am being a little histrionic. If I don't get on the 1:50, I can still fly for free on the 5:00. Or, if I want to -- egad! -- actually pay for my flight, I can get on Southwest at 2:10 for a whopping $20. So I should be fine, it's just the uncertainty that bugs me.

jigsaw
08-27-2008, 09:30 AM
20 bucks is worth no stress

bartelby
08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
and even radiohead says electioneering is just "guitar noise", so i stand by my statement :)

i'll take awesome "guitar noise" anyday

Cdubby
08-27-2008, 09:40 AM
when iiiiiiiii gooooooo forwards you gooooooooo backwardsssssssssssss

Somewhat Damaged
08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Okay, so my chances of getting on my original flight are decent. Not 100%, but there's a shot. $20 will buy me peace of mind.

As for tomorrow, captncrzy and I will be in section G, row F. If you see us, come by and say hello!

amyzzz
08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
I like Electioneering a lot too. After sitting through the slow, weird robotic voice on Fittier, Happier,"then the guitars and the damn cowbell come rushing in on Electioneering. Awesome. Also, the lyrics are wonderfully cynical. I remember looking up the term "IMF" to figure out what the hell that was back in the 90's.

amyzzz
08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Good luck, Rick, btw.

anti-square
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
i saw this on the cricket wireless site and thought it was pretty amusing:

Radiohead advertised that they wanted the attendees to take public transportation, but such a call would not be heeded in these times. Yes, we all want to do our part, but yuppies are not taking a bus. Let’s be real. So after finding a parking spot in the sea of beamers, Mercedes and Audis we managed to get there about 10 minutes before show time. I found it fascinating that the vast majority of the crowd most likely stood for all that a band like Radiohead is against, but they are paying the bills, so let’s not get technical. Especially when the tickets cost a small fortune and a concert tee is $40 dollars. I still can’t put my finger on what it is about Radiohead that lures the thirty-something upper-middle class. Maybe they are deeper people than I thought. Or maybe not.

fatbastard
08-27-2008, 12:20 PM
I'll never get back the 30 seconds it just took to read that blurb.

amyzzz
08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Yay for $35 Radiohead tees at festivals!

Sushov23
08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
finally the day is here. I can't fucking wait. I'm driving down to Chula Vista at 2. Should be there by 7.

paulb
08-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Have fun man...its gonna be awesome!

Newro7ic
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
finally the day is here. I can't fucking wait. I'm driving down to Chula Vista at 2. Should be there by 7.

If you're coming from LA, you'll be there well before 7. There's not much in the way of traffic at 2... Good planning, tho. I'm leaving in an hour from South OC. Anticipating another amazing set.

Sexecutioner
08-27-2008, 01:09 PM
random radiohead thought: i was never a big fan of climbing up the walls. i dont know why, but it was always one of my least favorites on okc. holy crap though! that shit blew me away on la night 1. it had so much more intensity live. one of the highlights for me that night, actually.

chairmenmeow47
08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
random radiohead thought: i was never a big fan of climbing up the walls. i dont know why, but it was always one of my least favorites on okc. holy crap though! that shit blew me away on la night 1. it had so much more intensity live. one of the highlights for me that night, actually.

glad to hear that, cause climbing up the walls is amazing. it would have been nice to hear that one live. reminds me of my former best friend.

i never really paid much attention to gloaming, but holy shit that was a great one live. i've rocked it a few times since monday. even house of cards made more sense live.

amyzzz
08-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot I don't like climbing up the walls much. But I still don't skip it.

gazercmh
08-27-2008, 01:26 PM
If you're coming from LA, you'll be there well before 7. There's not much in the way of traffic at 2... Good planning, tho. I'm leaving in an hour from South OC. Anticipating another amazing set.

just know that the traffic into the chula vista venue can be quite bad, especially for sold-out shows like this one. when the police played there earlier this year a lot of people missed a big chunk of the show because they were stuck in traffic. there was an item in this morning's san diego paper urging radiohead fans to allow plenty of time getting to the venue.

looking forward to tonight's show ...

sames44
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
take the back route

Newro7ic
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
just know that the traffic into the chula vista venue can be quite bad, especially for sold-out shows like this one. when the police played there earlier this year a lot of people missed a big chunk of the show because they were stuck in traffic. there was an item in this morning's san diego paper urging radiohead fans to allow plenty of time getting to the venue.

looking forward to tonight's show ...

Yeah, I've heard that. I plan on spending most of time waiting to get in. Heh.

Newro7ic
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
take the back route

How do you take the back route coming from Orange County?

sames44
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
How do you take the back route coming from Orange County?

Take the 5 South to the 905 East, turn left on Heritage Road. You completely avoid the clusterfuck of the 805.

Newro7ic
08-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Take the 5 South to the 905 East, turn left on Heritage Road. You completely avoid the clusterfuck of the 805.

Awesome, I'll try that. Thanks!

sames44
08-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Anytime! The 905 is also called the Otay Freeway or Otay Mesa Road if you are mapping it.

captncrzy
08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
So if you leave the San Diego airport by 6:15, will they be there by 7:30? It's an 11 mile drive.