PDA

View Full Version : The Official Radiohead 08 Tour Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

suprefan
08-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Well that's definitely solid, but TNA is on top of my list and PA is up there too, they were both left out :( If House of Cards was replaced by either one this would've been top tier...

They wont, its far too clear that they will not cut down on In Rainbows tracks...

TNA is sitting at about 80% for the NA tour 2... Paranoid Android at about 50%

Thanks for the different songs Supre. Which ones are rainbowed like Planet Telex?

Yeah np, just know its not ''crazy'' the whole time, but they have lots of elements in different parts to make it worth it... If you get My Iron Lung, when the first chorus ends, thats the coolest freaking thing..... Youll see what I mean if you look it up on youtube.

Paranoid Android has plenty of Rainbows, and I think My Iron Lung has rainbows also, in bursts though.

Mr. Dylanja
08-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Anyone find out what got played at soundcheck?

Boourns
08-15-2008, 06:56 PM
TALK SHOW HOST! YES! THERE IS HOPE!

suprefan
08-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Nothing, nobody reported.. kind of sucks, but it doesnt matter..... 3 days off til Vancouver......

I think the show tonight gets a very high score on the statistics site...

Mr. Dylanja
08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
As far as encores, that 1st one is right at the top!

BlackSwan
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
that is an impressive set... AHHH, ONE WEEK.

suprefan
08-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Itll get here quick, Im stoked... Glad I only work 3 days next week, it will be nice..... The grind is the following week.... 4 shows 5 days...

wmgaretjax
08-15-2008, 07:04 PM
So... The songs that I might not hear that I would like to are LSP and WatD...

I really want Climbing up the Walls too, but that one has been pretty regular so the chances are good that it'll get played in Vancouver or Seattle.

sbessiso
08-15-2008, 07:06 PM
I want some weed for Radiohead but no longer have any connections in town :(

I'm sure you can find some LSDelight. That's what sbessiso is recommending for such a spectacular show. Pop a roll on top of it as well. It's what I did, and boy was it something. EITRP made my body feel like it was floating.

ThomThom
08-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Meh...

Mr. Dylanja
08-15-2008, 07:09 PM
If you call 4 RADIOHEAD shows in 5 days 'a grind' you're crazy!

I'm hoping for Dollars & Cents, IMBW and LSP...

Chris can you post the what's been played link please?

I wanna see what and how many times stuff has come from HTTT...

ThomThom
08-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I'd love to see Bulletproof again, I haven't seen that live in a while. I think the last time was Santa Barbara during the Kid A/Amnesiac tour, let's hope they decide to play it in SB again.

suprefan
08-15-2008, 07:16 PM
If you call 4 RADIOHEAD shows in 5 days 'a grind' you're crazy!

I'm hoping for Dollars & Cents, IMBW and LSP...

Chris can you post the what's been played link please?

I wanna see what and how many times stuff has come from HTTT...

Well it can be a grind cause I have to work in between shows. That messes thigns up instead of being off and like relaxing and refocusing... The true ''grind'' was 2006, 6 shows, 8 days........ I had ideally wanted to do all the west coast this year, but that wasnt looking possible, now looking back, I almost couldve pulled it off... So that wouldve been 7 in 10 days.... It wears on you man, you dont sleep and you just keep thinking about the sonic assault of the night before...

http://www.ronaldvdberg.nl/RH2008TOUR/index.php

stats galore, toronto should be updated by tomorrow

apostle2
08-15-2008, 07:22 PM
this is probably the best show for me on this second leg. that first encore totally slays, and it builds perfectly.

Mr. Dylanja
08-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks, Sail to the Moon and Punch Up and Morning Bell would be great...

Fuck it, there's just too many I'm going to love it no matter what, who gives a damn.

suprefan
08-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Fuck it, there's just too many I'm going to love it no matter what, who gives a damn.

This is the attitude to have, as analytical we can be and criticize. When you are there, all bets are off, and you dont care.....

wmgaretjax
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
This is the attitude to have, as analytical we can be and criticize. When you are there, all bets are off, and you dont care.....

Completely agree. In hindsight you can bitch a little bit about what you missed, but it's always going to be overwhelmed by how incredible each show is. In the moment you don't give a damn about what might not be played, every song blows you away.

orbit
08-15-2008, 07:50 PM
japan will get burn the witch.

suprefan
08-15-2008, 08:04 PM
If I win the lottery, I go to Japan.

Sexecutioner
08-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Completely agree. In hindsight you can bitch a little bit about what you missed, but it's always going to be overwhelmed by how incredible each show is. In the moment you don't give a damn about what might not be played, every song blows you away.

i concur as well. i always bitch about some of their shit, but once im there, i know im going to be blown away no matter what.

Well it can be a grind cause I have to work in between shows. That messes thigns up instead of being off and like relaxing and refocusing... The true ''grind'' was 2006, 6 shows, 8 days........ I had ideally wanted to do all the west coast this year, but that wasnt looking possible, now looking back, I almost couldve pulled it off... So that wouldve been 7 in 10 days.... It wears on you man, you dont sleep and you just keep thinking about the sonic assault of the night before...

yep, im also doing the 4 in 5 days here soon. its going to be rough, but i cant fuckin wait. i was going to skip monday hollywood show, but just said fuck it and decided to go to both. so now im taking monday off. still gotta drive back to sd monday night after the show to work tues and wed, but whatever, small price to pay for a week of "sonic assaults", as supre so elegantly put it.

the songs i want to hear the most are:
fake plastic
planet telex
paranoid
national anthem
spooks
let down (i know it not happening, but i can dream)

suprefan
08-15-2008, 09:29 PM
You know Spooks does not even exist anymore......

Geno_g
08-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I want to hear Planet Telex too, Idioteque, and Optimistic

Sexecutioner
08-15-2008, 09:57 PM

yea yea...it was only 2 years ago when they played it last, so ya never know, maybe they will be feelin crazy in sb.

suprefan
08-15-2008, 09:59 PM
They will play Go Slowly for you instead...... Ill just know its you screaming ''why?!?!?!'' because of it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2008, 04:16 AM
8/15, Toronto:

01. 15 Step
02. Reckoner
03. Optimistic
04. There There
05. Morning Bell
06. All I Need
07. Pyramid Song
08. Arpeggi
09. The Gloaming
10. A Wolf At The Door
11. Faust Arp
12. No Surprises
13. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
14. Idioteque
15. Climbing Up The Walls
16. Nude
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore1
18. Like Spinning Plates
19. Videotape
20. Airbag
21. Talk Show Host (Thom, “Ok so for everybody who was standing in the rain, when you get home, get some Vitamin C & cuddle with someone.”)
22. Street Spirit

Encore 2
23. House of Cards(Jonny,”We would like to thank Grizzly Bear.” Thom, “See? Jonny speaks!”
24. Planet Telex
25. Everything In Its Right Place (Thom, “Thanks you lot.”)

nice setlist..the only 2 things I am really jealous about is WATD and LSP...I have been wanting to hear Spinning Plates live since forever...it is one of my favorite Radiohead songs...too bad they skipped it at APW :(.
TSH would have been pretty cool but only because of how rare its played...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2008, 04:24 AM

That really bums me out...I wanted them so badly to play it in San Diego 06 but I only went the 1st and they played the 2nd....I was really hoping that when the IR 2nd disc came it and Spooks was one of the MK tracks.

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 07:15 AM
spooks is a stupid song. I bet it's Ed's.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2008, 07:36 AM
spooks is a stupid song. I bet it's Ed's.

still better then the MK's off of IR2

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 07:57 AM
still better then the MK's off of IR2

They are completely different. The MKs seem to be fragments of outtakes or tape experiments from songs on the album... The fit within the context of a b-side album(even if they aren't terribly inyeresting)... Spooks is just stupid.

corbo
08-16-2008, 07:58 AM
nice setlist..the only 2 things I am really jealous about is WATD and LSP...I have been wanting to hear Spinning Plates live since forever...it is one of my favorite Radiohead songs...too bad they skipped it at APW :(.
TSH would have been pretty cool but only because of how rare its played...

yeah man..you missed out BIG TIME.
like spinning plates is so fucking AWESOME live.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2008, 09:55 AM
They are completely different. The MKs seem to be fragments of outtakes or tape experiments from songs on the album... The fit within the context of a b-side album(even if they aren't terribly inyeresting)... Spooks is just stupid.

alright alright! Moving on..what are you hoping for, for your Radiohead shows?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2008, 09:58 AM
yeah man..you missed out BIG TIME.
like spinning plates is so fucking AWESOME live.

5 Radiohead Shows and that is one of the songs I keep missing! I finally got Dollars & Cents at APW....I really love that track...

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
alright alright! Moving on..what are you hoping for, for your Radiohead shows?

The real long shots I'm hoping for are Sail to the Moon and Kid A... I'd also love LSP, but that looks unlikely.

Given that, my favorites that have been played off and on are How to Disappear Completely, Climbing up the Walls, Wolf at the Door, and WIEAYB.

In Limbo and Last Flowers would be great, but who knows with those.

I'm happiest when the setlists are Kid A/Amnesiac heavy... I also prefer unusual HTTT material over most of The Bends and OK Computer (just because I've seen so much of it so many times).

Any Radiohead show with How to Disappear is a winner in my book...

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 10:33 AM
by the way, here are the songs that were played earlier or were soundchecked that have not yet been played in North America leg 2:

played europe/na1:
myxamatosis
sail to the moon
tourist
Bulletproof
Supercollider

soundchecked:
in limbo
last flowers
knives out
punch up
scatterbrain
3 new songs

Myxamatosis and the Tourist surprise me, those are both songs I'd enjoy seeing.

TommyboyUNM
08-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm fine with whatever they play, but I'm really hoping for The Tourist. Might be my favorite song ever, Radiohead or not.

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm fine with whatever they play, but I'm really hoping for The Tourist. Might be my favorite song ever, Radiohead or not.

The Tourist absolutely blew me away back in 2006 in Berkeley. In the past it was good live, but that show it was completely engrossing.

C DUB YA
08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
They need to play Bulletproof, and loose House of Cards. For a encore starter, HOC just falls a bit flat in some weird way. It's a nice song and all, but it ain't no Bulletproof or LSP.

apostle2
08-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I just want airbag, tourist, LSP, and talk show host. that's it. they could play those four, two creed covers, a rick roll and leave and I would be beyond satisfied.

HowToDisappear
08-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I would looove to hear The Tourist. And Planet Telex.

I've been avoiding reading the setlists or looking at YouTube vids. And I've been scrolling as quickly as I can through the pics posted here without looking at them closely. I just don't want to start obsessing about what songs got played in City X or City Y and worrying about what songs we're going to get in SD. I just want to enjoy the show and have it feel fresh and new to me.

I can't wait.

C DUB YA
08-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Without fail, every RH show is great. So we are always going to get great songs, what a nice problem to have for a band's fans, both new and old.

On that note...

starting my son off on the right foot.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2048/2768251715_bba92df2e2.jpg

HowToDisappear
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
So awesome. What a cutie!

suprefan
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Just give me Talk Show Host, so I can cros it off my list of ''Radiohead songs you must see before its all over, of it was all for nothing''

Mr. Dylanja
08-16-2008, 02:09 PM
*Mini hijack* I FINALLY got my comp up and running and want to start downloading from some torrents, good knows I need to update my music.

A)Do you have to sign up in order to download? Ex. Megaupload....

B)What are the best sites?

Thx.

Back on track, I need to download some RADIOHEAD!!!

C DUB YA
08-16-2008, 02:14 PM
So awesome. What a cutie!

Thanks.

We he was an infant - we got the disc of Radiohead lullaby versions, his favorite has always been No Surprises. Now, at 18 months, he likes the actual version more.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/2769101290_d4e380f841.jpg

Dyalnja.

Why not go and pick up - as in BUY - some Radiohead discs. It's not like they're not worth it. As a added bonus they re-released vinyl versions recently as well.

suprefan
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
To go with Cdubs suggestion..... The vinyl is REMASTERED... Which I want to hear...

C DUB YA
08-16-2008, 02:47 PM
To go with Cdubs suggestion..... The vinyl is REMASTERED... Which I want to hear...

Ooh yeah I forgot - more reasons to plunk down the cash for sure.

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Just give me Talk Show Host, so I can cros it off my list of ''Radiohead songs you must see before its all over, of it was all for nothing''

Beyond the obvious ones that haven't been played before this tour, the only songs they are playing (or might play given soundchecks) that I haven't seen are Optimistic, Planet Telex, and Bulletproof. The only one I give a damn about (and I definitely give a damn) is Optimistic.

I'm not sure the remastering will be anything noticeable... I can't imagine the band was a part of it... and if that's the case I doubt it's anything substantial...

suprefan
08-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Well I think the dumbest thing EMI did was not remaster that box set, it wouldve made people really think about buying it. I woudl take vinyl rips of all of them and be pleased. I would probably buy them and never play em though, also they are going to be pressed on 180gram this time. And the secondary market now gets a little price jump because you coudl sell an old version as a ''1st print'' etc etc.

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 03:17 PM
HTTT was 180g... As far as I know there aren't 180g 10inch presses... But I could be wrong.

Goddamnit if I have to rebuy all their records I'll be pissed.

when do they come out?

edit: aug 19

Boourns
08-16-2008, 03:21 PM
No tickets today. Just a "sorry we missed you" slip. Fuck.

Oh, and they LIED on the slip. They wrote yesterday's date as the attempted delivery date and said that today would be the reattempt date.

bartelby
08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
just got back from Toronto, good lord was that an awesome show...

the light show for TalkShowHost was insanely good....

Thom got pissed at Jonny in the middle of Idioteque for playing too slow and snapped at him...he didn't even do his crazy dance he was so put off - kinda funny...

oh and his keyboard fucked up during Morning Bell and the techie had to come out - never seen that at a Radiohead show before...

twas an awesome night though yet again, it rained beforehand and there was a giant rainbow as everyone walked in to go along with a perfect full moon...

Sushov23
08-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I can't wait for my show in SD, PLANET TELEX!!!!!!.

HowToDisappear
08-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks.

We he was an infant - we got the disc of Radiohead lullaby versions, his favorite has always been No Surprises. Now, at 18 months, he likes the actual version more.

When my girls were toddlers, they always wanted to listen to Art of Noise. They'd ask me to put in the cd, throw their blankies on the floor in front of the speakers, and press their heads against the grilles. It was weird and funny. They're 19 now.

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 03:46 PM
When my girls were toddlers, they always wanted to listen to Art of Noise. They'd ask me to put in the cd, throw their blankies on the floor in front of the speakers, and press their heads against the grilles. It was weird and funny. They're 19 now.

My 6 week old is already acquainted with Radiohead, Animal Collective, Luigi Nono, Merzbow and more... Here's to hoping some sticks...

suprefan
08-16-2008, 03:47 PM
just got back from Toronto, good lord was that an awesome show...

the light show for TalkShowHost was insanely good....

Thom got pissed at Jonny in the middle of Idioteque for playing too slow and snapped at him...he didn't even do his crazy dance he was so put off - kinda funny...

oh and his keyboard fucked up during Morning Bell and the techie had to come out - never seen that at a Radiohead show before...

twas an awesome night though yet again, it rained beforehand and there was a giant rainbow as everyone walked in to go along with a perfect full moon...

Yes, rain and rainbows go hand in hand with them....... So The Rhodes went to the crapper for a minute, hmmmm....

menikmati
08-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Remasters of 90/2000's albums? Right...

HowToDisappear
08-16-2008, 04:01 PM
My 6 week old is already acquainted with Radiohead, Animal Collective, Luigi Nono, Merzbow and more... Here's to hoping some sticks...

I'm telling you...it works. I never had to endure the pain of boy bands or bubblegum pop stars with them...EVER. And they loved jazz when they were growing up.

How's Adalyn doing?

Boourns
08-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Just picked up my tix from the post office. Barely made it in on-time. W00T! SO EXCITED! I GOT MY TICKETS!

Now I just gotta get one for LA night 1.

bartelby
08-16-2008, 04:35 PM
you want me? well fuck then come on and find me....

ipWUTDchQ9s

bolddeceiver
08-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Still searching for zip files of APW nights 1 and 2. Anybody know where I could find them? THX!!!

wmgaretjax
08-16-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm telling you...it works. I never had to endure the pain of boy bands or bubblegum pop stars with them...EVER. And they loved jazz when they were growing up.

How's Adalyn doing?

That's good to here.

She's doing well. Seems to be settling in quite nicely. I like this stage of things, you always know what's wrong and it's easy to meet her needs. Plus she can't complain much if she doesn't like the music.

C DUB YA
08-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Just picked up my tix from the post office. Barely made it in on-time. W00T! SO EXCITED! I GOT MY TICKETS!

Now I just gotta get one for LA night 1.

Excited for ya! Going to be awesome.

C DUB YA
08-16-2008, 08:28 PM
So The Rhodes went to the crapper for a minute, hmmmm....

Thom snapped at Jonny at APW (FRiday) snapping his fingers and saying "Jonny hello, wake up would you".

shakermaker113
08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Thom just breathed in.

shakermaker113
08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
now he breathed out.

suprefan
08-17-2008, 05:18 AM
Still searching for zip files of APW nights 1 and 2. Anybody know where I could find them? THX!!!

www.ateaseweb.com/mb

stop crying to us....

bolddeceiver
08-17-2008, 07:12 AM
www.ateaseweb.com/mb

stop crying to us....

Wow someone asks for a little help. There are way too many pompous asses on this board for me. Supre being number one.

suprefan
08-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow someone asks for a little help. There are way too many pompous asses on this board for me. Supre being number one.

First off, wrong place to ask as it is. You shouldve paused for 3 seconds thought ''hey, maybe a RADIOHEAD MESSAGE BOARD would be the LOGICAL PLACE to find a recording..'' which it is.... You got whats coming to you..

shakermaker113
08-17-2008, 09:03 AM
First off, wrong place to ask as it is. You shouldve paused for 3 seconds thought ''hey, maybe a RADIOHEAD MESSAGE BOARD would be the LOGICAL PLACE to find a recording..'' which it is.... You got whats coming to you..

dude. we have up-to-the-fucking-minute updates on whose tickets are in what stage of the shipping process. between everyone here there is a pretty comprehensive collection of radiohead knowledge. forgive him if he thought we might be able to tell him where to download these bootlegs.

I'd love to see you try & explain why you think this RADIOHEAD TOUR THREAD where we have posted links to (how many tour recordings? -- including one of the ones he is asking for) is the wrong place to ask.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I wonder what Thom's eating right now...

C DUB YA
08-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Apple slices and Pringles?

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Apple slices and Pringles?

With a pint or Vitamin Water?

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 09:15 AM
dude. we have up-to-the-fucking-minute updates on whose tickets are in what stage of the shipping process. between everyone here there is a pretty comprehensive collection of radiohead knowledge. forgive him if he thought we might be able to tell him where to download these bootlegs.

I'd love to see you try & explain why you think this RADIOHEAD TOUR THREAD where we have posted links to (how many tour recordings? -- including one of the ones he is asking for) is the wrong place to ask.

Shut up you... You and your ridiculously valid points time and time again.

boarderwoozel3
08-17-2008, 09:23 AM
I wonder what Thom's eating right now...

Thom feasts on the souls of inferior musicians.

And occasionally bangers, hold the mash please.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Thom feasts on the souls of inferior musicians.

And occasionally bangers, hold the mash please.

YESSSSSSSSSS!

boarderwoozel3
08-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Maybe not so much with the Bangers...

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/NEWS/news_veggie/ALL/791//

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Well apple slices and pringles it is...

boarderwoozel3
08-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Seems more likely anyway.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 09:58 AM
With a pint of Boddington, mmmm Boddington.

suprefan
08-17-2008, 10:19 AM

What he said.....

Thom is probably having some of the leftover vegan food from the toronto show, along with that leftover bottle of Stoli.

shakermaker113
08-17-2008, 11:13 AM

apologies. I'll keep them out of this thread from now on.

woogie846
08-17-2008, 11:16 AM
5 days to go for my first Radiohead show!

rage patton
08-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I just realized I am a couple days away from Radiohead. Yeah!

suprefan
08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, virgins........

wmgaretjax
08-17-2008, 11:49 AM
I just realized I am a couple days away from Radiohead. Yeah!

It's supposed to rain....

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Does this news warrant a "woot woot" or a "boooo"?

bmack86
08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Boooooot Boooot

betao
08-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Does this news warrant a "woot woot" or a "boooo"?

it should be a "woot woot".

the weather at bristow was terrible and caused a huge traffic jam. however, in return, radiohead added fake plastic trees to the set list at the last minute, and dedicated it to those who were stuck in traffic.

bad weather may equal more tunes.

wmgaretjax
08-17-2008, 12:11 PM
well... it's outdoor. so kind of booo.... but who cares once the music starts?

betao
08-17-2008, 12:17 PM
exactly.

it just really sucks for those on the lawn.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Boooooot Boooot

I'll go with this one.

whynotsmile99
08-17-2008, 12:20 PM
did anyone go to the Greek Theater Halloween night a few years back.

Queens of the Stone Age with The Cramps. Totally pouring rain like nothing else. That sucked, though it made the evening pretty interesting. Getting out of the Greek parked on a mud mountain soaked to the bone was no fun though

microcuts
08-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Maybe not so much with the Bangers...

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/n/NEWS/news_veggie/ALL/791//

I'm sorry but I really hated that interview. More power to him for doing what he wants, but his little comment at the end is really unnecessary. So you don't eat meat, get off your high horse already. I don't make judgments on people who don't eat meat, so I don't get why it's so acceptable for others to make judgments on those who do.

Though it was humorous how he said he stopped because of a Smiths song/album. I guess little girls really do grow up to be sluts then because of Britney Spears. I'm glad musicians and pop stars have such weight on peoples' life decisions.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I was at The Greek last year when it started drizzling during Air... It was magical.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry but I really hated that interview. More power to him for doing what he wants, but his little comment at the end is really unnecessary. So you don't eat meat, get off your high horse already. I don't make judgments on people who don't eat meat, so I don't get why it's so acceptable for others to make judgments on those who do.

Though it was humorous how he said he stopped because of a Smiths song/album. I guess little girls really do grow up to be sluts then because of Britney Spears. I'm glad musicians and pop stars have such weight on peoples' life decisions.

Um, okay.

wmgaretjax
08-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Seriously! I mean, what does he think, that music is a form of communication?

whynotsmile99
08-17-2008, 12:41 PM

Answer to his last question: because it's god damn delicious.

http://www.barbecueamerica.com/images/Pork%20ribs.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
What are the top the bootlegs to download from this tour? Sound quality wise not set list...

Boourns
08-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Babyback ribs >>>>>> all other foods

rage patton
08-17-2008, 01:41 PM

It just started raining while I driving a little bit ago. It then occured to me about the possibility of rain at this show. Oh well, what can ya do.

How is the weather for Auburn looking?

exactly.

it just really sucks for those on the lawn.

Ummm... the Vancouver show is on a football field. There are also a small amount of covered bleachers to the side though. But for the most part, everyone is on the lawn.

wmgaretjax
08-17-2008, 01:45 PM
How is the weather for Auburn looking?

Rain... But you are PIT right? PIT and seats are covered.

rage patton
08-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I am indeed in the PIT section. I have never been the Whiteriver Amphitheatre before, so I didn't know it was covered. It should be a good two days. Radiohead in the rain sounds epic, but seeing them dry will be nice as well.

betao
08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Ummm... the Vancouver show is on a football field. There are also a small amount of covered bleachers to the side though. But for the most part, everyone is on the lawn.

ah. well then lets hope for a sweet setlist eh?

suprefan
08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
You need to remember that youll still be gettign wet if you are waiting outside all day to be in the front... There is your sucky thing..

HOORAY FOR SO CAL AND NO RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even in SF it will be nice, not the hottest day ever, but still... Or unless the fog creeps in, that would be awesome like at Berkeley night 2, Thom loved that.

It did rain a bit in Toronto, but it wasnt a freaking hurricane during though...

wmgaretjax
08-17-2008, 01:56 PM
I am indeed in the PIT section. I have never been the Whiteriver Amphitheatre before, so I didn't know it was covered. It should be a good two days. Radiohead in the rain sounds epic, but seeing them dry will be nice as well.

Man... I'm fucking pumped.

bmack86
08-17-2008, 02:03 PM

You're seriously comparing Britney Spears singing about inane nothings to Morrissey's lament about the process of killing cattle for mass consumption? One is only meant to entertain, the other has a secondary goal of making you think about something. That song did it's job.

If someone becomes a slut because of Britney, it'd be more because of her image than her music, I'd wager. Not that people are going out and working the streets because Britney Spears inspired them to.

rage patton
08-17-2008, 02:04 PM

I really am. Anything remotely like the setlist you got would have me exstatic.

Man... I'm fucking pumped.

I have this wierd feeling the Auburn show is going to be better. I don't know why. However, I hope the Vancouver show is better. My girlfriend is comming with me, but shes not really a Radiohead fan. Actually, she is going mainly because of the Liars... so I hope Radiohead doesn't have an "off" night that night.

whynotsmile99
08-17-2008, 02:09 PM

I have this wierd feeling the Auburn show is going to be better. I don't know why. However, I hope the Vancouver show is better. My girlfriend is comming with me, but shes not really a Radiohead fan. Actually, she is going mainly because of the Liars... so I hope Radiohead doesn't have an "off" night that night.

how are the liars live? I haven't liked anything ive heard from their albums. Guess I'll find out next week

wmgaretjax
08-17-2008, 02:36 PM

White River will be a better crowd and more comfortable, simply because it's a small pit. It might also be better because the band has had a three day break and they might be a little cold, that's a double edged sword though.

What time are you planning on arriving to Vancouver? I plan on getting there pretty early (noon-ish)... I'll be wearing a Grizzly Bear shirt with a two headed fish on it if you want to jump in line with us.

And Liars are great live, not sure how they'll translate in a big venue though.

bmack86
08-17-2008, 02:43 PM
If you don't like their music on album, you probably won't like Liars live, even though they're fantastic. They have tons of intensity and energy, but they get even weirder live, so there's that.

rage patton
08-17-2008, 02:47 PM
What time are you planning on arriving to Vancouver? I plan on getting there pretty early (noon-ish)... I'll be wearing a Grizzly Bear shirt with a two headed fish on it if you want to jump in line with us.

I actually don't get off work until 4 on Tuesday. However, I will be trying to get off as early as I can. If I make it before 5, I will look for you. I appreciate it as well. I will most likely be wearing my yellow Holy Fuck shirt, with the Cowboy Cat on it.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 02:50 PM
I will most likely be wearing my yellow Holy Fuck shirt, with the Cowboy Cat on it.

I still want that shirt.

rage patton
08-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I still want that shirt.

Ask, and you shall recieve. (http://www.maplemusic.com/dept.asp?dept_id=3079)

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 02:56 PM

God bless you Josh.

suprefan
08-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Yeah, they didnt sell it at Lolla, Iw as trying to get him one there, but no dice, of all the bands, the one band to not have nay merch was them.... I wonder how bad anyone who saw them and thought they ruled felt...

They already had their ''off'' night, that was back in europe. They will be coming off 3 days rest, you will be fine, thoms voice will be great, the band will probably just have the feeling of them gearing up for that final 10 days of the u.s. ya know? Its easy street for them now. Just think if they play Paranoid Android, the Rainbow lights will kick her ass so much she wont know what hit her.

Sushov23
08-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Holy fuck have kicked ass the 2 times i've seen them.

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I have only seen them for about 15 minutes... It was a great 15 minutes.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-17-2008, 03:07 PM
by the way, here are the songs that were played earlier or were soundchecked that have not yet been played in North America leg 2:

played europe/na1:
myxamatosis
sail to the moon
tourist
Bulletproof
Supercollider

soundchecked:
in limbo
last flowers
knives out
punch up
scatterbrain
3 new songs

Myxamatosis and the Tourist surprise me, those are both songs I'd enjoy seeing.

The only thing here that would really make me jealous is if you guys got a REALLY good new track. Like the one Colin was talking about in RS that had a MPS feel to it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-17-2008, 03:08 PM

Is he reading the WIRE yet? Merzbow is a nice touch...

Sushov23
08-17-2008, 03:10 PM

where did you see them?

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 03:11 PM
where did you see them?

They opened for SFA @ Echoplex

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-17-2008, 03:12 PM
And Liars are great live, not sure how they'll translate in a big venue though.

I haven't seen the Liars live seen 2002 when they had their bassist still with them...it was fucking amazing...I haven't had a chance to see them live since...I saw a bit of Grizzly Bear at APW but we had just gotten into the site and were too anxious to sit through more then a song or 2 (we wanted to walk around the site and check it out). Now I feel gutted that we missed them...

ThomThom
08-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I love the Liars on record but find them somewhat obnoxious live. I do however appreciate Angus' energy alot.

suprefan
08-17-2008, 03:41 PM
They opened for SFA @ Echoplex

Yeah SOMBODY had to make us late, then realized we shouldve arrived earlier....

;)

rage patton
08-17-2008, 03:53 PM
God bless you Josh.

I try.

They already had their ''off'' night, that was back in europe. They will be coming off 3 days rest, you will be fine, thoms voice will be great, the band will probably just have the feeling of them gearing up for that final 10 days of the u.s. ya know? Its easy street for them now. Just think if they play Paranoid Android, the Rainbow lights will kick her ass so much she wont know what hit her.

She likes a few Radiohead songs. Paranoid Android, Just and Idioteque are her favs. PA is a must, and if not for me, for her, I really hope they play Just and Idioteque.

I saw them in Febuary. A Place To Bury Strangers opened. It was an awesome show. Unfortunately, I only caught the ending of their set at Coachella, but it was great. Fortunately, Im From Barcelona were 10 tons o' fun in a 5 ton bag.

suprefan
08-17-2008, 04:07 PM
She likes a few Radiohead songs. Paranoid Android, Just and Idioteque are her favs. PA is a must, and if not for me, for her, I really hope they play Just and Idioteque.
g.

She''ll like them all when they are done...... Trust me....... Idioteque is pretty automatic, so dont worry..... I think after National Anthem, she wont be able to keep her mouth closed..... And dont spoil it either, youll see what I mean... Just get a nice view, in the middle, and if there is a soundboard in the middle of the field, get in front of it... Itll sound as good or better than Roger Waters did at Coachella. Same sound guys too btw.

boarderwoozel3
08-17-2008, 08:42 PM

Yes! Redemption is mine!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-18-2008, 03:17 AM
She''ll like them all when they are done...... Trust me....... Idioteque is pretty automatic, so dont worry..... I think after National Anthem, she wont be able to keep her mouth closed..... And dont spoil it either, youll see what I mean... Just get a nice view, in the middle, and if there is a soundboard in the middle of the field, get in front of it... Itll sound as good or better than Roger Waters did at Coachella. Same sound guys too btw.

I was wondering if they used the same guy as Roger Waters, since they had the speakers that were in the crowd like at Coachella.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 05:21 AM
From the look of it, they had just those extra speakers as delays, not the ones for the 'quad sound''. There is a big diff between sound setups. Same guy to mix......

HowToDisappear
08-18-2008, 08:49 AM
AAAGHHH!!! The atease board is effed up and I need to get a hold of the person I'm doing a ticket trade with and her cell number is in my messages. Which I'm unable to read at the moment. AAAGGGHHH!!!

TommyboyUNM
08-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Holy shit, I'm in single digits. 9 days until my first Radiohead show!!!!

HowToDisappear
08-18-2008, 09:05 AM
All better now.

Sushov23
08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm excited for Radiohead, but I have such an amazing weekend coming up, I haven't really thought about Radiohead too much.

TommyboyUNM
08-18-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm excited for Radiohead, but I have such an amazing weekend coming up, I haven't really thought about Radiohead too much.

Yeah, I have a weekend of My Morning Jacket, Broncos game, Rockies game and Elitch Gardens. For some reason I still have enough left to get crazy excited about Radiohead.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I have a weekend of My Morning Jacket, Broncos game, Rockies game and Elitch Gardens. For some reason I still have enough left to get crazy excited about Radiohead.

I really want to go to MMJ...too broke though...

TommyboyUNM
08-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I really want to go to MMJ...too broke though...

I have a ticket that I've been trying to sell. I'll just give it to you since it's 3 days away. It's a GA ticket. Don't want it to go to waste.

That's if you're talking about the Red Rocks show.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 11:46 AM
4 more....... Lets hope they save some good ones for here and the northwest just gets good but not new stuff.

rage patton
08-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Im hoping they decide to play I Might Be Wrong and/or Knives Out in Vancouver.

Sushov23
08-18-2008, 11:55 AM

I have Menomena, BSS, Common, Kinky, the black Keys twice, Grand Ole Party twice. I'm going to the Anaheim show on monday for the black keys. So yeah that is a lot for me to get excited. I'll save my Radiohead excitement for monday until wed for radiohead at Coors amp. Plus i'm trying to convince my friend to go to TJ for Manu Chao sunday night.

TommyboyUNM
08-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I have Menomena, BSS, Common, Kinky, the black Keys twice, Grand Ole Party twice. I'm going to the Anaheim show on monday for the black keys. So yeah that is a lot for me to get excited. I'll save my Radiohead excitement for monday until wed for radiohead at Coors amp. Plus i'm trying to convince my friend to go to TJ for Manu Chao sunday night.

Go to Manu Chao by yourself. That would be an easy decision for me.

Sushov23
08-18-2008, 12:22 PM
one rule man, never cross over to TJ by yourself. Especially right now.

BlackSwan
08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I Might Be Wrong, Kid A and a new song at Outside Lands would be perfect, but I would settle for a an epic normal show kind of set like Mansfield.

chairmenmeow47
08-18-2008, 03:04 PM
so i'm *officially* going to the *official* radiohead show at the bowl next monday!!!!!!! i'm elated!!!!!!! big thanks to randy for not selling the tickets and taking me instead :) :) :)

did i mention i'm elated?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

paulb
08-18-2008, 03:06 PM
wow, you and Randy must be happy... super yay

paulb
08-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Radiohead fuckin tomorrow! I guess I may leave my house at noon, try to get to the venue by 1:30 -2pm.... Dont know what im wearing yet... but im ready.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Im sensing Randy gets laid after the show for this....

Sexecutioner
08-18-2008, 03:11 PM
so i'm *officially* going to the *official* radiohead show at the bowl next monday!!!!!!! i'm elated!!!!!!! big thanks to randy for not selling the tickets and taking me instead :) :) :)

did i mention i'm elated?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

LOL, randy just traded in profit for pussy. Well at least its a step in the right direction...i think?

Boourns
08-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I thought that only happened on craigslist.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 03:19 PM
I thought that only happened on craigslist.

No, it only happens with Radiohead

LOL, randy just traded in profit for pussy. Well at least its a step in the right direction...i think?

Pretty much...

Sexecutioner
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
ivy, considering how much he could have made off those tickets, i hope you at least give the man some anal after the show. ;)

Boourns
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
A night out with Randy =

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/gonna.jpg

chairmenmeow47
08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
LOLOLOL, omg that almost had me spit up my tea.

and considering i'm randy's girlfriend now, he'll definitely get his money's worth for the tickets ;)

Sushov23
08-18-2008, 03:39 PM
have fun Paul.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
LOLOLOL, omg that almost had me spit up my tea.

and considering i'm randy's girlfriend now, he'll definitely get his money's worth for the tickets ;)

Well Im betting thats how he got you to be his g/f in the first place. That and he got to motorboat you so he was like '' Ill give up the $3,000 for this...'''

Sushov23
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Well Im betting thats how he got you to be his g/f in the first place. That and he got to motorboat you so he was like '' Ill give up the $3,000 for this...'''

you made a funny.

ivankay
08-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Anyone got a great eta for what time Radiohead will hit the stage on Sunday? Friend i was (and hopefully will still be going with) attending with just found out she tentatively lands at LAX at 6:30 and all hope is essentially gone of her making it to the Bowl. Knowing what time RH is going on might help motivate a mad scramble from LAX, to her apartment and to the Bowl. Solid times anyone?

Boourns
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
7:30-7:45. Sunday shows at the Bowl have a 10pm curfew.

ivankay
08-18-2008, 05:50 PM
crud. The mission almost gets impossible.

woogie846
08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Anyone got a great eta for what time Radiohead will hit the stage on Sunday? Friend i was (and hopefully will still be going with) attending with just found out she tentatively lands at LAX at 6:30 and all hope is essentially gone of her making it to the Bowl. Knowing what time RH is going on might help motivate a mad scramble from LAX, to her apartment and to the Bowl. Solid times anyone?

Why doesn't she cut out her trip to the apartment, and go directly from LAX to the Bowl?

ivankay
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Why doesn't she cut out her trip to the apartment, and go directly from LAX to the Bowl?

That will be discussed. The questions of hoping the flight lands on time and customs being a breeze has come up. If she's cool with being late, i won't have an extra ticket.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Mike, RH should hit the stage at 8:30 or so... 9 at the latest but think 8:30 to 9, since it should be 10:30 pm curfew for the bowl on sundays as uaul.

ivankay
08-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Mike, RH should hit the stage at 8:30 or so... 9 at the latest but think 8:30 to 9, since it should be 10:30 pm curfew for the bowl on sundays as uaul.

maybe this can werk.

PassiveTheory
08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Do they still play There There at most of their shows?... I think I'd be satisfied with hearing that live (since there's little chance of hearing the songs off of the Bends, Kid A or Amnesiac that I want to hear).

boarderwoozel3
08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I think so.

Boourns
08-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I'd be surprised not to hear There There at a show. It's been played at all shows but one this tour.

PassiveTheory
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Sweet. At some point I'll make a list of songs I'd like to hear live... and probably wont, lol.

bartelby
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Do they still play There There at most of their shows?... I think I'd be satisfied with hearing that live (since there's little chance of hearing the songs off of the Bends, Kid A or Amnesiac that I want to hear).

i'd bet on it...i saw it in each of my 4 shows

suprefan
08-18-2008, 06:43 PM

check stats..........

PassiveTheory
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
...There's a site setup to measure the statistics of every show RH has performed on their 2008 tour...

Christ on crutches...

suprefan
08-18-2008, 06:53 PM
...There's a site setup to measure the statistics of every show RH has performed on their 2008 tour...

Christ on crutches...

Lee

www.58hours.com

Westy
08-18-2008, 07:01 PM

Christ on crutches...

Just wondering if the ticket arrived today.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah,

ITS GOING TO RAIN TOMORROW!!!!!!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/CAXX0518?from=36hr_topnav_business&dayNum=1

suprefan
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Nobody knows anything, and its called craigslist, use it.

Cdubby
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
they are going to play sit down, stand up, myxomatosis, airbag, and talk show host for me at my two shows

bballarl
Chris, let's not turn into That Guy. You have been doing better.

Boourns
crud. The mission almost gets impossible.

Sorry, I thought the show started at 6:30 and not 7. So around 8:15-8:30.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Chris, let's not turn into That Guy. You have been doing better.

I know I have been doing better, but still.. There are questions that shouldnt be asked that a phoen call could cure, but you know, people dont think...

they are going to play sit down, stand up, myxomatosis, airbag, and talk show host for me at my two shows

Talk Show Host is for me, remember that. Radiohead like to make the people who have stood by them for a long time finally get the big payoff, not rookies who just dream of the song.........

boarderwoozel3
08-18-2008, 07:35 PM

check stats..........

That site is dedication personified.

Mr. Dylanja
08-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Any suggestions on how to make it through that final week?

boarderwoozel3
08-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Talk Show Host is for me, remember that. Radiohead like to make the people who have stood by them for a long time finally get the big payoff, not rookies who just dream of the song.........

Fan-boy much?

boarderwoozel3
08-18-2008, 07:39 PM

Weed, and lots of it. Makes time fly.

Mr. Dylanja
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Sour Diesel - check

Anything else?

PassiveTheory
08-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Just wondering if the ticket arrived today.

Still nothing, and I checked. I mean, I'm not TOO worried, the show's not until next week, how do you figure we should proceed?

BTW, I spent a little time on my Radiohead live wishlist. I listed my top 30 songs, of which 22 have been played on this tour according to the website (although I doubt this since unless Go to Sleep has been erased as a Radiohead song off of HTTT, it hasn't been played).

The Breakdown:
- Only 1 of my top 10 ("Let Down") hasn't been played on the tour.
- Of the 22, 10 have been played at least in over half of the shows (I used 21 as a halfway marker, so there's a slight percentage error)
- Of my top 15, the songs with the greatest chance of being seen: "There There", "EIIRP", "Idioteque".
- The songs that check with the predicted list on the website Chris gave me: "There There", "Lucky", "Just", "HTDC", "House of Cards", "Optimistic", "EIIRP", "Idioteque", "Pyramid Song", "(Exit) Music for a Film", "The National Anthem", "All I Need", "Reckoner". 13/25 of the predicted list, fucking sweet.
- Of my top 20 there is only one song ("I Might Be Wrong") that's only been performed once, and there are no songs other than it that've been performed less than 9 times.

I have more stats, but that's it for now.

boarderwoozel3
08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Sour Diesel - check

Anything else?

Girlfriends always help. Or sex in general, it'll get your mind off the show for a moment. Unless you're fucking to Radiohead...

I usually try to surround myself with friends if I'm trying to avoid milling on something too much. Keeps you grounded.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Did you check www.58hours.com Lee? Youll have some fun there

ThomThom
08-18-2008, 08:16 PM

I'm fucking speechless Chris.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm fucking speechless Chris.

What else to do with my time my friend while you are away...

Somewhat Damaged
08-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Be busy at work. Does wonders for me. Honestly, if I didn't have a chance these last couple nights to check this thread, I wouldn't have realized that I'm going to see Radiohead on consecutive nights in a little over a week. I mean, I've got the time off work and everything and am trying to get it so I get paid for those days regularly without having to dip into my PTO (so I can cash my 80 hours out when I leave the company at the beginning of September, muahahaha), but the gravity of the situation hasn't really set in yet, nor is it likely to till I realize I ought to start packing my bags next Monday night.

I'd post a selection of songs I'd love to hear next Wednesday and/or Thursday but then I would be a bit of a hypocrite next time I felt the need to criticize this thread's participants for devolving yet again into a circle jerk about their dream set lists, and that would be a "let down." Still, I have the occasional "nice dream" that I'll be "lucky" enough to hear some songs that have yet to be played this tour (though I fully realize that last one has been). "Myxomatosis."

MarkO
08-18-2008, 08:51 PM
As long as I'm not surrounded by douchebags on Weds like I was in Dublin, it will be a great show.

suprefan
08-18-2008, 08:52 PM

dont think about it, go through your normal day and time flies. Its already going to be tuesday ya know? Tomorrow will go by fast for me, then I am odff weds, piece of cake... thursday will be the grind, friday is just nerves to settle and Ill be fine.

bartelby
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM

shouldda come to toronto

nah nah nah na na nahhhhhh

suprefan
08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
shouldda come to toronto

5 MORE SHOWS BITCH........ Like it cant happen?

ThomThom
08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
shouldda come to toronto

Bartleby, why did you do this? A flurry of ridiculous Radiohead Klingon posts will follow.

TommyboyUNM
08-18-2008, 09:08 PM
dont think about it, go through your normal day and time flies. Its already going to be tuesday ya know? Tomorrow will go by fast for me, then I am odff weds, piece of cake... thursday will be the grind, friday is just nerves to settle and Ill be fine.

I'm fairly new to this board. How many times have you seen Radiohead? The most I've seen one band is 5 (Muse). I'd imagine it's A LOT more than 5. Not giving you shit or anything because I'm a little jealous.

bartelby
08-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Bartleby, why did you do this? A flurry of ridiculous Radiohead Klingon posts will follow.

couldn't resist, sorry....the bottle of vodka didn't help

chairmenmeow47
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM

if only i knew what it took to scalp my way into suprefan's heart, if only...

bmack86
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm fairly new to this board. How many times have you seen Radiohead? The most I've seen one band is 5 (Muse). I'd imagine it's A LOT more than 5. Not giving you shit or anything because I'm a little jealous.

I think Chris is around 17-18. It's what he does. He may be overzealous, but he's also a nice guy in real life.

And, I've seen No Age 9 times. Numbers 10 and 11 are coming up soon, and the Mae Shi will soon eclipse them.

corbo
08-18-2008, 10:09 PM

you can't. he's GAY.

PassiveTheory
08-18-2008, 10:12 PM
I think Chris is around 17-18. It's what he does. He may be overzealous, but he's also a nice guy in real life.

And, I've seen No Age 9 times. Numbers 10 and 11 are coming up soon, and the Mae Shi will soon eclipse them.

I've seen Weird Al three times!...

That's the most I've seen a particular artist... Tied with Death Cab.

Boourns
08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Radiohead - 8 times
Arcade Fire - 6
Beck - 5
Muse - 4
Coldplay - 4
Pixies - 3
Metric - 3
Dresden Dolls - 3
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 3
Blonde Redhead - 3
Deerhoof - 3
Supergrass - 3

Sushov23
08-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Murs is the artist i've seen the most time-4 times
and I've seen the following three times
Kings Of Leon
Pharoahe Monch
Vampire Weekend
M.I.A
Yeasayer
Louis XIV
Gogol Bordello
MGMT
Rage Against The Machine

Somewhat Damaged
08-18-2008, 10:45 PM
After next Thursday, I'll have seen Radiohead 4 times, which will be the most times I've seen any band. Next would be Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, MGMT, and Of Montreal, all of whom I've seen 3 times apiece. That's pretty damn sad I haven't made it to more than 2, say, NIN shows. Need to correct that, and soon.

Mr. Dylanja
08-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Tool - 9
Nin - 4
The Roots - 4

Lead the race with tons and tons at 3 and lower.....

I know, I know you guys think Tool sucks but they're my favorite, Danny Carey's drums just hypnotize me =)

Sushov23
08-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Tool - 9
Nin - 4
The Roots - 4

I know, I know you guys think Tool sucks but they're my favorite, Danny Carey's drums just hypnotize me =)

The roots kick ass live.

rage patton
08-18-2008, 11:38 PM
So it is going to be pissing rain tomorrow... anyone going to the Vancouver show, dress acordingly.

By the way, I am stoked. Unfortunately I just got home from work, and I have to be at work in 7 hours. I also don't get off until 4, which means I wouldn't make it in time for gates. So I am hoping to get off an hour or two early. Wish me luck everyone.

suprefan
08-19-2008, 01:02 AM

I am at 15, it will be 20 by the end of next week. Thomthom has more, he will be at 23 by the end of next week.

This obviously isnt the band I have seen the most either, but lets not get into that. Ill post some other high numbers though that are notable.

Nine Inch Nails 6 (8 hopefuly by the end of the year)
Sigur Ros 6 (7 by october)
Arcade Fire 8
Interpol 7
Queens of The Stone Age 6
Rage Against The Machine 5
Daft Punk 4

awww, thanks for the thought

Oh and Josh, godspeed, I expect full report or ridiculous proportions of mud and rain and amazing music....

Sushov23
08-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Let me guess, THRICE has the number 1 spot? It's cool you can tell me. I think i'm the only other boardmember who likes them.

Backwater
08-19-2008, 01:18 AM
The band I've seen the most times is My Morning Jacket, 12

paulb
08-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Beastie Boys 16...

suprefan
08-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Let me guess, THRICE has the number 1 spot? It's cool you can tell me. I think i'm the only other boardmember who likes them.

No they would be # 2.

paulb
08-19-2008, 01:24 AM
you've seen another band, other than Thrice more than 40 times?

uh...Fuckin Radiohead today anyone?

suprefan
08-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Yes, yes I have...... Its in the hundreds, but we wont get into that...

paulb
08-19-2008, 01:26 AM
really? that would be cool, if its a good band of course... 100s, thats just nutty.

Sushov23
08-19-2008, 01:27 AM
what band is it?

Backwater
08-19-2008, 01:29 AM
My guesses are Reliant K, Taking Back Sunday, or Jupiter's Rings.

Mr. Dylanja
08-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Chris, which one is it, Elton John or Celine Dion?

Sushov23
08-19-2008, 01:31 AM
I actually think it's an old school punk band. Am I right supre? well goodnight guys Thomthom will reveal more tomorrow.

JSam67
08-19-2008, 02:11 AM
I need to see more shows... By the end of the year, I'll have seen Silversun Pickups 5 times, and MMJ, Flaming Lips & NIN 3 times each. I can't even comprehend 20 Radiohead shows...just one blew me away.

apostle2
08-19-2008, 02:20 AM
Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth each four times. I am trying to go more for a variety than specific bands multiple times, the exception being that I would see RH as many times as possible.

Boourns
08-19-2008, 04:04 AM
Tool - 9
Nin - 4
The Roots - 4

They rocked at Coachella. Especially since they only played a few tracks from 10,000 Days.

Seeing Orri Páll Dýrason drum is a mindfuck, too.

Chris, which one is it, Elton John or Celine Dion?

Close. Here's a hint. He is music and he writes the songs.

suprefan
08-19-2008, 05:30 AM
I actually think it's an old school punk band. Am I right supre? well goodnight guys Thomthom will reveal more tomorrow.

Thomthom doesnt even know...........

BACK ON TOPIC,

I wonder what will be soundchecked and if this becomes another Bristow show.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 05:33 AM
I am at 15, it will be 20 by the end of next week. Thomthom has more, he will be at 23 by the end of next week.

This obviously isnt the band I have seen the most either, but lets not get into that. Ill post some other high numbers though that are notable.

Nine Inch Nails 6 (8 hopefuly by the end of the year)
Sigur Ros 6 (7 by october)
Arcade Fire 8
Interpol 7
Queens of The Stone Age 6
Rage Against The Machine 5
Daft Punk 4

Ok Chris. What is the best RH show you have been to so far? With setlist please...

woogie846
08-19-2008, 05:55 AM
The Decemberists - 4
Gogol Bordello - 4 (in October)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Radiohead - 5
Sigur Ros - 4 (5 by September)
Bjork - 4

rage patton
08-19-2008, 06:19 AM
I wonder what will be soundchecked and if this becomes another Bristow show.

I hope so. Its a fucking torential downpour here.

Im off to work. See ya after the show bitches.

ivankay
08-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Radiohead - 7
Prince - 8
Bjork - 4 (5 if i can count The Sugarcubes)
Beasties - 5
NIN - 5
Jane's Addiction - 5
Moby - 6
Social Distortion - 9
Oingo Boingo - 19

thestripe
08-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Woo hoo for Oingo Boingo - 19

Ivan, I like your list. Well, a bit obsesive but still.

Calling Tom. Have you ever seen the Clash?

Mr. Dylanja
08-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Close. Here's a hint. He is music and he writes the songs.

Ahah! John Legend!!!

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 07:55 AM
single day tickets for OSL available at WASTE again...

feather
08-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Yes, yes I have...... Its in the hundreds, but we wont get into that...

TELL! That is amazing...the hundreds?!

bolddeceiver
08-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the stats page link. Pretty cool to measure up the sets I've seen this tour.

Of the lower % (under 25) these are the ones I was lucky enought to catch:
Bends, WATD, TSH, Go Slowly, STTM, KID A, Cymbal Rush, MYX

Hope you West coasters get the ones you're hoping for.

suprefan
08-19-2008, 08:54 AM
single day tickets for OSL available at WASTE again...

Ummm, they are gone. Maybe you misread 3 day tickets?

Ok Chris. What is the best RH show you have been to so far? With setlist please...

you cant ask me that yet. Ask next week please.

Ill rank for this year

1. Indianapolis
2. Dallas
3. Houston
4. Lolla

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Ummm, they are gone. Maybe you misread 3 day tickets?

possibly, i was on a phone when i saw it.

Sexecutioner
08-19-2008, 09:07 AM

you can't. he's GAY.
ahahahaha!
:rotfl

PJ is probably the band I've seen the most, with Janes close behind. NOFX is somewhere close to those also. I dont want to count, but all are double digits. Tool and Rage are both high single digits. Radiohead is currently 6, but will be 10 in a little over a week.

Jesus, is it fuckin Sunday yet????

ThomThom
08-19-2008, 09:12 AM

What exactly is it that I'm going to reveal?

bartelby
08-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Radiohead - 8 times, all awesome

ThomThom
08-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Thomthom has more, he will be at 23 by the end of next week.

I seriously doubt that I am that high.

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
for all the people who have seen Radiohead from the rail before... if you have never seen them that close (closest i've been is 20th row) and you had the choice between being really close for Radiohead or seeing some of Beck (never seen him) and then having an OK spot for Radiohead... which would you choose?

bartelby
08-19-2008, 09:40 AM
there's nothing wrong with watching them from the back, you get a better perspective on the light show...

being up close is still pretty fun though

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 09:43 AM
the only time I was up close at the rail was at Coachella 04. But we had to wait a LONG time for the spot and miss a lot of other acts (cough:::beck in the gobi:::cough:::) funny how that is the case here too). I wouldn't mind sitting though Manu Chao and missing Beck but that is just me. I have only seen Beck once and I was actually a little disappointed. That is NOT to say I wouldn't want to see him again. I am just basing this on if I was going to OSL.

Boourns
08-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Being in the back is highly overrated. You can't see the screens from the back because the lights block them.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Being in the back is highly overrated. You can't see the screens from the back because the lights block them.

go for the soundboard then.

humanoid
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
I like making lists

Radiohead-12
Beck-8
Chemical Brothers-7
Pantera-6
Bright Eyes-6
Beta Band-6
Gogol Bordello-(will be 6 after Oct)
Belle & Sebastian 5
Pearl Jam-5
Tool-5

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
i've seen the light show twice already and this is my last chance to get close to Radiohead (my tix in SD are 14th row)... still, hard call.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 09:54 AM
i've seen the light show twice already and this is my last chance to get close to Radiohead (my tix in SD are 14th row)... still, hard call.

Do you want to see Beck?

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Do you want to see Beck?

I did, for sure. I've wanted to see him for a LONG time, but have heard mixed things about his performances lately.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
I did, for sure. I've wanted to see him for a LONG time, but have heard mixed things about his performances lately.

Then sit through Manu Chao and call it a day.

paulb
08-19-2008, 10:11 AM
So....................what time do Radiohead soundcheck? Fuck, its lame outside...

BlackSwan
08-19-2008, 10:12 AM
thx, good advice... i think this will be the right decision.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I missed Manu Chao at Coachella in 07 but later saw him with Gogol Bordello at Red Rocks and it was amazing.