PDA

View Full Version : I claim this land...

rage patton
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
MINE.

As a reward, I think it is only fair Faith No More plays Coachella 08.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-28-2007, 04:44 PM
ALL HAIL RAGE PATTON!!!

AND GOLDENVOICE SAID LO!! YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR FAITH NO MORE!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-28-2007, 04:45 PM
can I be this thread rabble rouser?

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

rage patton
11-28-2007, 04:47 PM
:)

I dont mean to always talk about Faith No More. But I had to stick my own flag in this new uncharted territory.

Also, if GV gets FNM back together... I will love them forever. I already do love them. But I would give them an unconditional love their own mothers couldnt even give them.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
That is some real love there....they should get all of Mike Pattons groups and have them all perform over the course of the weekend...

rage patton
11-28-2007, 04:57 PM
That is some real love there....they should get all of Mike Pattons groups and have them all perform over the course of the weekend...

They might get more than just unconditional love then... :winkiss :lips

And if they do not deliver...

RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! Oh wait... sorry. Thats your job. Continue. :)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
Mike Patton

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
faith no more

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

rage patton
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Hahaha. This may possibly be the greatest thread on the board.

But only us two know about it.

Ok well... its not really the greatest. Yet. We need lolcats.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I didn't even notice it until I saw your post....

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

amyzzz
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow. What is this new forum for? Flamers? Brokendoll?

gaypalmsprings
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
http://www.rabble.ch/images/archiv/rabble_heiss.jpg

Deviate_420
11-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Faith No More is a shitty Rap Rock group....

rage patton
11-28-2007, 08:15 PM

Yes. Obviously Faith No More are a rap rock group... :rolleyes

You have got to be kidding right?

Deviate_420
11-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I was kidding about the Rap Rock part however, they are a shitty, band...

MarkO
11-28-2007, 08:27 PM

I will hunt you down and rip your heart out.

Deviate_420
11-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Whats so good about them then. Enlighten me.

paulb
11-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Is Radiohead playing Coachella? I heard from my sister's boyfriends moms cousins neighbour that they were.....oh god, PLEASE GV let it be true!

Cpt. Funkaho
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Is Radiohead playing Coachella? I heard from my sister's boyfriends moms cousins neighbour that they were.....oh god, PLEASE GV let it be true!

...and so dies another thread.

Amneeziac
11-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Before it dies, I have to chime in and say something stupid that everybody already knows regarding Radiohead. :)

scoop49er
11-29-2007, 03:04 AM

off with ur head sir!!!!!

ADrunkPoet
11-29-2007, 04:52 AM
When I saw Tomahawk live, I yelled "Why don't you go start another band Patton?"

He laughed. It was cool.

rage patton
11-29-2007, 11:58 AM

Mike Patton seriously has one of the best voices I have ever heard. It is incredibly versatile. Sometimes his voice can make you laugh (such as in RV), other times its manical (Surprise! You're Dead) and other times it is so bone chillingly creepy and melodic... (just in general, there are too many examples)
If you have been listening to the Chuck Mosley "We Care A Lot" shit... turn it off. Fuck Chuck Mosley.
Also, all the musicians in Faith No More are incredibly talented. Jim Martin is easily one of the most underrated guitarists of all time. His guitar is just as versatile is Mike Pattons voice. Although Jim Martin left after Angel Dust, but the guitarist from Mr. Bungle filled in for him, and he is an outstanding guitarist as well. Not as good as Jim Martin, but good nonetheless.
Also, Mike Borin is a grade A drummer. He is currently drum for Ozzy right now and I saw him a couple months ago, and he KILLED it on the drums.
Fuck... fuck what is the basists name? I feel like such a fraud right now... but whatever. His bass is off the hook. I have a friend who is a killer bassist, and even he has troubles with FNM bass riffs.
Last but not least... the keyboards. They keyboards and pianos were actually what made FNM stand out to me in the first place. The first time I ever heard Epic and the absolutely beautiful piano outro... I literaly had goosebumps. The hair was standing on the back of my neck. I actually get chills thinking of the very first time I heard Epic...

That is why Faith No More are not a shitty group. You may not like them, and thats fine. I don't need to convince you to like them. But it is clear they are not a shitty group.

Also, what is everyones favorite Faith No More song? I may have to go with Be Agressive. God that song is infectious.

MarkO
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Midlife Crisis

Deviate_420
11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Well I am in the middle of downloading their greatest hits, so I will give them another try. I just can't help what a bad song Epic is.....

rage patton
11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Well I am in the middle of downloading their greatest hits, so I will give them another try. I just can't help what a bad song Epic is.....

I am just about to head off to class now... but later I will give you a list of esssential FNM songs. I dont know what songs are on the FNM greatest hits. So I will give you my list in a couple hours.

For now...
From Out Of Nowhere
Zombie Eaters
The Real Thing
Underwater Love
Land of Sunshine
Midlife Crisis
Be Agressive

Deviate_420
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Rage, whats your suggested playlist???

BROKENDOLL
11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Wow. What is this new forum for? Flamers? Brokendoll?
Amyzzz~ C'mon now. Any insults and attacks on me should be kept to the thread where I posted my pic.

Ill_Eagle
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/740/barbrady1024x768ei1.jpg

rage patton
12-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Rage, whats your suggested playlist???

What have you listened to so far? You said you downloaded their greatest hits?

For now, listen to all the songs I have on my above list... taking in acount what I can gather of your music taste I will make a quick list from what you should listen to first, then down...

Midlife Crisis
Caffeine
From Out Of Nowhere
Zombie Eaters
The Real Thing
Surprise! You're Dead!
Land of Sunshine
Be Aggressive
RV
Edge Of The World

This should be good. I urge you to listen to all/as many of these songs. They show how incredibly talented and versatile they are as a band. Playing everything from thrash metal to jazz/blues. Some FNM songs are agressive, others are goofy... others are both. Its just how they roll.

Deviate_420
12-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I have listined to King for a Day, Fool For a Life Time twice and give it a good strong 5 1/2......

rage patton
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I have listined to King for a Day, Fool For a Life Time twice and give it a good strong 5 1/2......

Don't fucking listen to that album. That is a TERRIBLE choice of an album to start off with for Faith No More. To be honest, I only listen to the last half of that album. Actually, only the last 5. The rest is ok. I still like the album. But it is a TERRIBLE choice for a first time Faith No More listeners. That album does them NO justice.

Look at my essential list. Do you see a song off of King For A Day on there? No. In fact, all the songs off of that list are from the albums "The Real Thing" and "Angel Dust." Do yourself a favour and pick those up. Angels Dust may perhaps be my favorite album of all time. If you dont want to spend the $20 on those two albums... just listen to my essential list... I'll post it again.

Midlife Crisis
Caffeine
From Out Of Nowhere
Zombie Eaters
The Real Thing
Surprise! You're Dead!
Land of Sunshine
Be Aggressive
RV
Edge Of The World

Do yourself a favour and listen to all of those songs. I explain why I choose those songs in specific earlier.

Snakeface
12-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Angel Dust.
Angel Dust.
Did I mention Angel Dust?

rage patton, i agree about new listeners and King For A Day. Be Aggressive could possibly be the best song they recorded. What happened on the new Tomahawk album? It should have shipped with peyote. I am still very confused.

Patton iz rad.

prettydirtything
12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
This land is your land? this land is my land! this land was made for you and me.

good times... 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVeXOnGcgg)

and yes, I now there is a youtube tag, but it always shows up as a white square in my preview... mysterious.

Deviate_420
12-04-2007, 10:22 AM
A Small Victory is a great song...

Deviate_420
12-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Surprise, your dead is awesome as well....

rage patton
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh! I cant believe I left A Small Victory off of the list. And I knew you would like Surprise! You're Dead!
I have a few beefs with King For A Day. The first, being Mike Pattons voice actually. The only songs that truly show his vocal range are songs 11-14. For some reason, the first 10 songs on that CD... his voice sounds to raw. He is trying to hard to yell I think. My next beef, is the insane lack of keyboards. The keyboards and piano were what got me into FNM. And it made me sad to see such little use of them in that album. Also, the guitar. Its not Jim Martin. They used the Mr Bungle guitarist for that album and sometimes he works... sometimes he doesnt. However, Billy Gould's bass is great as always and Mike Bordin slays the drums as usual.
Deviate, let me know what you think of some of the other songs I put on my list.

marooko
12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Angel Dust.
Angel Dust.
Did I mention Angel Dust?

rage patton, i agree about new listeners and King For A Day. Be Aggressive could possibly be the best song they recorded. What happened on the new Tomahawk album? It should have shipped with peyote. I am still very confused.

Patton iz rad.

yeah, dust is some pretty crazy stuff. try to avoid getting mad while on it.

Deviate_420
12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Midlife Crisis is pretty cool and Mike Pattons range is amazing, I give him that. I started a Joke is a great song I would say FNM is about a 7. I like their more jammy songs.

rage patton
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Midlife Crisis is pretty cool and Mike Pattons range is amazing, I give him that. I started a Joke is a great song I would say FNM is about a 7. I like their more jammy songs.

7 is decent. Mike Pattons range really IS amazing. I think the best FNM song to display his vocal range is Land Of Sunshine. Its the first song off of Angel Dust and it really wasnt until I heard that song that I fell in love with them. I bough The Real Thing out of curiosity... and then picked up Angel Dust because I really liked the Real Thing. I havent been the same person since.
Oh, another good way to display Mike Pattons range is listening to Surprise! You're Dead! then right after listen to Edge of The World. It also shows the incredible diversity of the band.

rage patton
12-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Deviate... any more thoughts?

gaypalmsprings
12-20-2007, 07:42 PM
http://www.marriedtothesea.com/012207/up-on-my-land.gif

Deviate_420
12-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Deviate... any more thoughts?

I don't know. I really think that they are an OK band, however I don't think I personally would recommend them to anyone I know. They just seem to have to much shit going on and jump all over the place musically. Faith no more is just not my cup of tea....

rage patton
12-21-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't know. I really think that they are an OK band, however I don't think I personally would recommend them to anyone I know. They just seem to have to much shit going on and jump all over the place musically. Faith no more is just not my cup of tea....

You claim FNM have to much going on in their music, yet you love Tool? Not that I don't love Tool. I fuckin love Tool too. That just doesnt make much sense to me.
And one of the things I love so much about FNM is that they are able to jump around so much musicaly. They don't really play any genres, but they cover them all. If your not a fan of that aspect of the band, you would really not appreciate Mr. Bungle. They jump around genres sooooooo much more.
Oh well. Thats cool if they are not your cup of tea. You now think they are an ok band rather than a shitty band, so I guess something was accomplished. It's all good.

marooko
02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I CLAIM THIS LAND. ONCE AND FOR ALL. But I'll share.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7583/claimza2.jpg