PDA

View Full Version : Bumbershoot 08 tickets released already.... wtf coachella??

GTI_GRL
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I got the message below from Bumbershoot..... Bumbershoot 08, Aug 30-Sept 1, $60 for 3 day......... Any chance of Coachella offering deeply discounted tickets in late 07 for Coachella 08?

>>>>>>>
Bumbershoot 2007 is still fresh in our minds, but we're already dreaming about next year... aren't you?! You know you've already marked Bumbershoot 2008 on your calendar (August 30 – September 1), so why don't you make it official and get your tickets now? Just in time for your holiday shopping pleasure, we're blowing out a limited number of incredibly cheap tickets to the 2008 Festival... It's an Insider's Deal just for BumberFans. The best part is BumberFans can get these limited offer tickets at last year's Insider's Deal prices—just $60 for a three-day pass to the 2008 Festival.

Yes, you read that right. You can lay your hands on a 3-day pass for considerably less than if you bought two single day tickets… it's like getting a whole day of party for free! These tickets aren't available to the public, and they're never going to be this cheap again, so don't put it off or you'll kick yourself later. Planning ahead has serious advantages: cross all your buddies off your holiday shopping list at once, save some serious green in the process, and then treat your own bad self to three days of the most mind-blowing music, art and culture the country has to offer!

But this sweet deal is for BumberFans only, so check your email for the special promo code. If you're not a registered BumberFan, what the hell are you waiting for? Sign up now and get the code instantly (it's free!)

Happy Holidays from your pals at Bumbershoot!

rage patton
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I went to Day 1 of Bumbershoot this year. It was fun. I was planning on going to all 3 days... but then this festival called Vegoose popped up.

I might go next year... I dont think I will buy these pre-pre-sale tickets thought.

orbit
11-27-2007, 08:51 PM
There was an ACL ticket draw for next year just days after this one ended. Winners could buy their tickets for $50.

Then again, Coachella tickets thru Ducat King in january are a sweet deal.

shakermaker113
11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
$60? how could I not buy a pass?

shakermaker113
11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
hey what is this about?

Festival tickets do not guarantee entry to the evening Mainstage shows. Entry to evening Mainstage shows requires a separate free pass obtainable while supplies last at information booths on Festival grounds. You must present your Bumbershoot Festival ticket stub to receive a Mainstage pass. One Mainstage pass per person/ticket stub will be issued. The Mainstage venue has a limited capacity and all passes are on a first come, first served basis. Come early to secure your Mainstage entry pass.

found in the 'Internet Ticket Order Terms and Conditions' when I was entering my billing info. what are Mainstage shows? is that the main stage, like I think it is? and not everyone can get in? wtf?

rage patton
11-28-2007, 12:03 AM
There are a bunch of stages at Bumbershoot. ALL are GA. However, the mainstage at night is different. The "main" mainstage acts require a wristband to get it. No extra cost. Just go into the venue, find a wristguard vender and pick one up for free. Its that simple.

Here are the Bumbershoot 07 mainstage acts the required a wristband
Day 1: Gymclass Heroes, + 44, Panic! At The Disco
Day 2: Sean Paul, Fergie
Day 3: Lupe Fiasco, Wu Tang

I only went to day one. But I went and saw The Aggrolites and Gogol Bordello instead of the emo fest going on at the mainstage.
If I went day 2, I FOR SURE would have checked out Sean Paul, then left before Fergie. I probably woulda gone to se Devandra Banhart or something.

Its actually a fun fest. And its a cool set up. The only thing that sucks, is all the stages are SOOOOOOOO far apart. Not only that, but in most places, the only way to get around is through very narrow pathways, which makes the walk between stages ever harder. If the line up is good next year, I will definately go.

paulb
11-28-2007, 02:21 AM
id go aswell if the lineup is good. But usually they only get about 1 or 2 great acts.

fatbastard
11-28-2007, 05:07 AM
I wouldn't pay 50.00 or 60.00 bucks today to see Sean Paul or Fergie (as an example) 9 months from now. I don't even know what I'll be doing in January 08.

invisiblerobots
11-28-2007, 05:54 AM
I'll be jumping on this deal for sure. I go every year, seeing as I live across the street from the venue. The stages aren't really that far apart but it does suck to wait in line to get into the indoor shows. Last year's lineup was pretty weak but I'm hoping that they get their shit together for 08.

shakermaker113
11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
interesting. I got tickets, I figure it won't be hard to shift them at $60 each for a 3 day pass. so even if the lineup is not my style, no great loss. but if the lineup is cool I have friends in seattle, so it would be a good excuse to visit.

aynalehcar
11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
So what's the presale code?

brando4n82
11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=rage patton;353003].

QUOTE]

I have to clarify this one. is it just called mainstage acts or are these really headliner acts? If so, that is awfully awful

invisiblerobots
11-28-2007, 09:06 AM

I have to clarify this one. is it just called mainstage acts or are these really headliner acts? If so, that is awfully awful

Sadly, those were the headliners and they played on the main stage. I attended none of those. The smaller stages are where it's at.

aynalehcar
11-28-2007, 09:07 AM
oh, I got it. Bumberholiday .

brando4n82
11-28-2007, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=brando4n82;353160]

Sadly, those were the headliners and they played on the main stage. I attended none of those. The smaller stages are where it's at.

OUCH!

well as long as they have other stages, can't say I was at the main stage at all this year except for Rage. hooray for smaller stages!

aynalehcar
11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
ah, never mind, I forgot burning man was the same weekend. I'm going to that.

unitedwestand
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
bonnaroo also has early bird tickets, right?
and so does lollapalooza?
does anyone know when they go on sale?

suprefan
11-28-2007, 09:45 AM
bonnaroo also has early bird tickets, right?
and so does lollapalooza?
does anyone know when they go on sale?

Lolla emailed the morning of their pre sale.

Bonnaroo, I dontknow how they did it but it was very cheap.

rage patton
11-28-2007, 09:45 AM
id go aswell if the lineup is good. But usually they only get about 1 or 2 great acts.

Day 1 was awesome. I only stayed and watched 4 bands sets. The Cops, The Avett Brothers, The Aggrolites and Gogol Bordello.
I have to saw, Aggrolites were the highlight. They are SO good live. No one was into them when they started, but by the end, the whole crowd was singing and jumping and skanking to the heavy heavy reggae beats dropped by the Aggrolites. It was sick! They were only scheduled to play 50 minutes... but they got cheered back on stage for an ecore and played for an extra 10. It was GREAT.
Gogol Bordello. As always. Were awesome. But no where near as good as Coachella. Their Vegoose performance was also way better.
The Avett Brothers were also fuckin rad. There are my biggest regret of missing at Coachella this year. I would see them again in a second. I had no idea anyone could rock the banjo so hard. Like, the energy on stage is rediculous. I love it.

I would have loved to go to Day 2 and 3. Actually, day 3 the only act I REALLY wanted to see was Roky Erickson. But day 2 had a bunch of acts I wanted to see. Horror Pops, Barington Levy, Sean Paul, Devandra Banhart.

Its a cool fesival. If anyone here bought cheap tix, and dont want em when the full line-up is released... I'll buy em off of ya.

unitedwestand
11-28-2007, 09:54 AM
so lolla already had a presale for this year?

invisiblerobots
11-28-2007, 09:58 AM
so lolla already had a presale for this year?

Yeah, it was in March I believe.

unitedwestand
11-28-2007, 09:59 AM
i mean this year as in this next year (2008)

scoop49er
11-29-2007, 01:54 AM
thats a good deal. the lineup seemed not very good but for 60 bucks, id get them..

GTI_GRL
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I would love if Coachella did an end of 07 special for 08 tickets, maybe $150 for a 3-day pass, $200 for 3-day with camping pass. Say only have 2,008 tickets released at that price for those that are currently active on Coachella's message board and are part of the micrommunity.

Courtney
11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
There are a bunch of stages at Bumbershoot. ALL are GA. However, the mainstage at night is different. The "main" mainstage acts require a wristband to get it. No extra cost. Just go into the venue, find a wristguard vender and pick one up for free. Its that simple.

Presumably that's to prevent a crush of people coming to the main stage at the end of the night? Also presumably if you wait long enough you'll miss out and not get a wristband?

I'm glad Coachella doesn't do that.

invisiblerobots
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Presumably that's to prevent a crush of people coming to the main stage at the end of the night? Also presumably if you wait long enough you'll miss out and not get a wristband?

I'm glad Coachella doesn't do that.

The main stage is inside an enclosed football stadium that has a certain capacity for shows. They hand out that many wristbands until they run out so it's a good idea to grab your wristband as soon as you get into Seattle Center. This keeps the crowd size in check for the (theoretically) most popular shows of the day.

Courtney
11-29-2007, 10:54 AM
I am also glad that Coachella does not take place inside a football stadium.

invisiblerobots
11-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I am also glad that Coachella does not take place inside a football stadium.

Me too. That's only the main stage though. The medium sized stages are set up on the big grass lawns and this year they even situated the beer garden so you actually sit on the grass with your beverage and have a great view of the stage at the same time which was a treat.

boyalien0
11-29-2007, 02:20 PM
There are a bunch of stages at Bumbershoot. ALL are GA.

Yes, but half of the stages are inside venues, and even though they are GA you could wind up showing up early and waiting in line for an hour and still not getting into the little shitty venue to see some no-name band you thought no one else cared about. The Bumbershoot setup is really fucked, if you ask me - technically speaking, you could purchase a ticket and not get into a single inside venue all day nor get into the mainstage area for the headliner, which leaves you only with the 3 outdoor stages, one of which is usually shitty local bluegrass.

rage patton
11-29-2007, 03:24 PM
All the bands I watched were at GA outdoor stages.

I tried to get into the Fred Armisen comedy gig in the theatre... but it was packed past capacity... I was kinda bummed about that.

boyalien0
11-29-2007, 07:03 PM
I've tried to get into comedy shows at Bumbershoot for the last four years (excluding last year, didn't attend last year) and have yet to succeed. I did get to see a live performance of a Twilight Zone episode in like 03 or something, though.

invisiblerobots
11-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes, but half of the stages are inside venues, and even though they are GA you could wind up showing up early and waiting in line for an hour and still not getting into the little shitty venue to see some no-name band you thought no one else cared about. The Bumbershoot setup is really fucked, if you ask me - technically speaking, you could purchase a ticket and not get into a single inside venue all day nor get into the mainstage area for the headliner, which leaves you only with the 3 outdoor stages, one of which is usually shitty local bluegrass.

You raise some excellent points about the indoor shows. Two years ago I only made it into one show in the Exhibition Hall but that was because it was one of the first shows of the day. Last year I sat in line for about an hour and a half to get in to see David Cross and this year I gave up on the whole indoor thing, which really sucks. Every year it seems to get more and more crowded and I'm inclined to think that they don't put a cap on how many tickets are sold to maximize profit. Have you ever heard of it being sold out? With the logistics of the Center, it always seems like a crapshoot on whether or not you'll see the band you really wanted to see. Fortunately over the past couple years most of the stuff I've wanted to see was on the Fisher Green or Broad Street Lawn or, to a lesser extent, in Memorial Stadium so it wasn't really a problem, but I would like to see them limit the number of people they cram into the Center.

shakermaker113
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
ah, never mind, I forgot burning man was the same weekend. I'm going to that.

ah crap... I was thinking about that too. well hopefully it won't be hard to get rid of tix at $60 for the entire weekend.

hmm. definitely having second thoughts now.

boyalien0
11-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Have you ever heard of it being sold out?

I, personally, have never heard of the festival selling out. But I do remember arriving just two hours after the fest opened a few years ago and still not getting the little poker chip or whatever to get into the mainstage for Pixies. Luckily, I had caught them at Coachella as well as at the Santa Barbara bowl (bowl show might have been later...anyway)

shakermaker113
11-30-2007, 06:48 AM
so what do the tickets cost normally? I can't seem to tell from their website.

invisiblerobots
11-30-2007, 07:41 AM
so what do the tickets cost normally? I can't seem to tell from their website.

3 day passes were $95 last year. 1 day was $35. (http://www.thestranger.com/bumbershoot) I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was increased a tad this year.

Changoloco
02-15-2008, 01:44 AM
Bumbershoot is great, too bad it happens at the exact time as the greatest thing to ever happen to a human, Burning Man.

Changoloco
02-15-2008, 01:44 AM
3 day passes were $95 last year. 1 day was $35. (http://www.thestranger.com/bumbershoot) I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was increased a tad this year.

Damn in 98 a 3 day pass was 42$!!

MarkO
02-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, but half of the stages are inside venues, and even though they are GA you could wind up showing up early and waiting in line for an hour and still not getting into the little shitty venue to see some no-name band you thought no one else cared about. ..........

That's the way MusicFest NW does it too. $40 for a 4night pass BUT no guarantees on getting in anywhere. If you want to see a headliner in one venue, you're taking a chance if you spend the early evening somewhere else. I lucked out when I legged it out of one venue (after Viva Voce, before Spoon) to another venue to catch Roky Ericksen; I got in and managed to get up front. That show was a blast.