PDA

View Full Version : Limited one day passes is BS!

rebeldread
01-27-2007, 06:21 PM
They want all of us to pay for the totally unaffordable $300 (after taxes and charges) for the 3-day pass. This is more corprate BS! There is no reason why the one-day passes should not be as available as the 3-day, except for Goldenvoice to bank. We need to all tell them this! Write them an email at concerts@goldenvoice.com to tell them what you think about this.

If you are a true RATM fan like myself, you'll take action...otherwise you'll have to pay a ridiculous $300 to see Rage for the one and only time they may ever play. Goldenvoice is trying to milk this for all it's worth. Are you going to let them?

psychic friend
01-27-2007, 06:26 PM
it's not a ratm concert, its a 3-day, 12 hour per day, music & arts festival.

boyalien0
01-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Dude, it's a festival with over a hundred bands, it's not the fucking Rage show. You act as if you're being forced to pay 300 to just see one band. it costs 300 dollars because THERE ARE OVER A HUNDRED OTHER BANDS PLAYING. you freaking tools litter this board with ridiculous, redundant garbage.

rebeldread
01-27-2007, 06:27 PM
if it's not RATM, then why are one-day passes still available for the other two days? It's not because of "Air" or "Blue Mondays" and you are the tool if you think that.

besides, my post has to do with the limited availability of the one-day passes, not the acts. it's not necessary. if you're going to respond to a post, pay attention to what you are responding to.

ashtraygrl
01-27-2007, 06:30 PM
in reality you're paying something like 3 bucks for each band

barrio
01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
it's not a ratm concert, its a 3-day, 12 hour per day, music & arts festival.

exactly. im so sick of people whining

rebeldread
01-27-2007, 06:34 PM
it is the 'only' ratm concert in the last 7 years. please don't tell me that most people didn't buy sunday tickets for that.

boyalien0
if it's not RATM, then why are one-day passes still available for the other two days?

This is not actually a sentence. You do realize this, don't you? Crybaby.

jtovar21
Somwhere in the world a tiny, tiny man is playing his violin, ever so gently.

rebeldread
01-27-2007, 06:37 PM
and nobody here yet has given an answer as to why limited 3 day passes is necessary, other than for Goldenvoice to make more money off everyone.

anybody?

bsagirl
01-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the address. I sent a msg regarding the obviously ridiculously low number of single day passes released for Sunday (is there a way to find out the numbers of day passes for each day and of 3 day passes?), as well as the blatant scalping that's going on on the net. Does anyone have an email address for Ticketmaster?

rebeldread
01-27-2007, 06:38 PM
change that, anybody with a brain who knows how to debate?

personal attacks come from someone who doesn't know how to debate.

jtovar21
01-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Because its all a conspiracy against you. Didn't you realize that already? Its the MAN trying to pin YOU down.

rebeldread
01-27-2007, 06:40 PM
thanks bsagirl, first intelligent person to reply...

barrio
01-27-2007, 06:41 PM
and nobody here yet has given an answer as to why limited 3 day passes is necessary, other than for Goldenvoice to make more money off everyone.

anybody?

because they need to make sure that people that want to go to the 3 DAY FESTIVAL are able to get tickets.
it would be pretty shitty of them to allow one day to sell out on account of one band.
and its not goldenvoices fault that RATM are apparently only playing one show. get over it.

amdux
01-27-2007, 06:44 PM
if there are any single day sunday tickets available from ticket brokers for more than twice the face value, you are welcome to punch them in the face and fuck their spouses :afu

jtovar21
01-27-2007, 06:44 PM
because they need to make sure that people that want to go to the 3 DAY FESTIVAL are able to get tickets.
it would be pretty shitty of them to allow one day to sell out on account of one band.
and its not goldenvoices fault that RATM are apparently only playing one show. get over it.

I can understand this. That makes perfect sense to me.

rebeldread
01-27-2007, 06:51 PM
that's easy then...you allow for two day passes as well. if sunday sold out, then only 2 day are available. then one day....

boyalien0
01-27-2007, 06:52 PM
if there are any single day sunday tickets available from ticket brokers for more than twice the face value, you are welcome to punch them in the face and fuck their spouses :afu

HAHAHA Awesome. Funniest post I've read all day.

barrio
01-27-2007, 06:53 PM
that's easy then...you allow for two day passes as well. if sunday sold out, then only 2 day are available. then one day....

i dont mean to be rude here but, are you fucking retarded or something?

go start an online petition to get ratm to play more shows and stop complaining.

psychic friend
01-27-2007, 06:54 PM
hahaha

bartelby
01-27-2007, 07:02 PM

anybody?

because its a FUCKING 3-DAY MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL....this festival is great and meaningful because ITS NOT only about one band, its about thousands of people coming together for an event where your musical tastes are broadened AND satisfied...

someone said it above and its 100% true - if you're pissed go and blame rage for only doing one show...taking it out on the festival as a whole is bullshit

bsagirl
01-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey again.

Actually, each of the single day passes are approx 1/3 the cost of the three day passes and so it wouldn't matter much if someone bought the day passes individually. Were all three days to be sold only as single days at this point, a person who wanted to go for all three days could buy a pass for each day that was still available. If they waited too long to buy all three days of tickets, and one of the days' single passes were sold out, then that would be their loss, and they could buy tickets for whatever days were still available.

Those of us who want to attend for just Sunday, for whatever reason, are clearly in the majority, and those who are wanting to go all three days are in the minority. There are still three day passes available, showing that we would, in fact, not be taking anything from anyone by buying a Sunday pass at this point.

arbouler
01-27-2007, 07:10 PM
maybe it would be best of ratm played a show somewhere else instead of coachella. i think it's a win-win situation isnt it? why dont we all petition on that instead?

amyzzz
01-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey again.

Actually, each of the single day passes are approx 1/3 the cost of the three day passes and so it wouldn't matter much if someone bought the day passes individually. Were all three days to be sold only as single days at this point, a person who wanted to go for all three days could buy a pass for each day that was still available. If they waited too long to buy all three days of tickets, and one of the days' single passes were sold out, then that would be their loss, and they could buy tickets for whatever days were still available.

Those of us who want to attend for just Sunday, for whatever reason, are clearly in the majority, and those who are wanting to go all three days are in the minority. There are still three day passes available, showing that we would, in fact, not be taking anything from anyone by buying a Sunday pass at this point.

Bullshit. I want a 3 day pass, and I can't get it right away, so I'm incredibly grateful that the tickets are not all being sold as one day passes. I want to go on Sunday for Air, Crowded House, Placebo, and Infected Mushroom. Sure, it'd be nice to watch RATM if it fits in my schedule, but I don't want all the 1-day tickets to be sold out just because of RATM. Those who want to go all 3 days are not necessarily in the minority. And GV is actually trying to make money with this venture, so selling more 3 day passes is ideal for the promoters.

Also, I agree with arbouler. Give RATM their own show so I can watch my bands and not have it all sell out so damn quick.

sonlockedwolf
01-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Thank God the tickets for sunday were limited because there were so many freakin posers that would've ruin coachella, I've gone to coachella for all days the last couple of years and its never about one band ...Anyways I'm a rage fan and I feel it would be unfair to the other artists that are playing to be ignored just for rage.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 07:43 PM
if it's not RATM, then why are one-day passes still available for the other two days? It's not because of "Air" or "Blue Mondays" and you are the tool if you think that.

besides, my post has to do with the limited availability of the one-day passes, not the acts. it's not necessary. if you're going to respond to a post, pay attention to what you are responding to.

Its the HAPPY MONDAYS ...YOU RETARD!!!

maybe when posting you could AT least get the bands straight. OH wait... you only want to see RAG right?

To answer your pointless post that has only been answered in other posts,
The reason there are more of the other two days avaliable than sunday is cause all those rage fans got them and got them early..or they are being let loose in small doeses to ensure that alot of three day passes are sold. Is this a bad thing..only to people who dont understand economics which clearly you don't. The world doesnt revolve around single people or their needs. Its commerce that is a driving force in everyones world. Supply and demand at its very basics. Those that only want to see rage are sad. Your missing the point of the festival and the point of music.

Question is really, if Rage hadnt been placed on the bill till after would 99% of you still be going that either bought or want sunday tixs? No.right?

If you think that Goldenvoice is "EVIL" then dont go. dont try to get tixs and go away.

maybe a lot of Willie Nelson or happy mondays fans sold those tixs out..how do any of us know.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 07:45 PM
what makes me giggle is do you think we would have such a blown out of proportion thing if it was say...THE SMITHS playing??

cause frankly..i sell my first born for that tix.

C DUB YA
01-27-2007, 07:47 PM
it is the 'only' ratm concert in the last 7 years. please don't tell me that most people didn't buy sunday tickets for that.

It sounds like you didn't, so, sorry about your luck. Just buy a 3 day, and expand your musical vocab a little.

C DUB YA
01-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Thank God the tickets for sunday were limited because there were so many freakin posers that would've ruin coachella, I've gone to coachella for all days the last couple of years and its never about one band ...Anyways I'm a rage fan and I feel it would be unfair to the other artists that are playing to be ignored just for rage.

Agreed - it would be Madonna all over agian. I actually applaud GV for this

iammrcandyman
01-27-2007, 07:52 PM

That made my day

prison sex
01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Not to be a jerk or sound like Im privileged or anything, because I work hard for my money, but I would have paid waaay more than $250 to see ratm.

Also, Goldenvoice is a business like any other business. Their priority is to make money. I paid for 2 day passes the past years and haven't been disappointed so I bought a 3 day pass this year. So it looks like they're doing something right.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 07:54 PM

my sentiments exactly. I almost wish they werent playing now..but my bf loves them... poor lamb.

There are sooo many great bands playing that whole day.

C DUB YA
01-27-2007, 07:55 PM
I can understand this. That makes perfect sense to me.

Me too.

Now all the Rage fans that missed out - it was YOUR FAULT you didn't get your 1 day pass when you could. Really, you were only going to show up in the evening anyways, so I consider it fate, that you are out.

This is a festival, NOT A RAGE SHOW, they are on the bill, headlining, sure, but the idea and concept of Coachella is somehow lost on the majority of Rage fans, that think is is a one band event?

Curious, very curious.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Me too.

Now all the Rage fans that missed out - it was YOUR FAULT you didn't get your 1 day pass when you could. Really, you were only going to show up in the evening anyways, so I consider it fate, that you are out.

This is a festival, NOT A RAGE SHOW, they are on the bill, headlining, sure, but the idea and concept of Coachella is somehow lost on the majority of Rage fans, that think is is a one band event?

Curious, very curious.

At least someone gets it.

I'm beginning to wish Rage wasn't even on the lineup at all.

york707
01-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Those of us who want to attend for just Sunday, for whatever reason, are clearly in the majority

This simply is not true.

york707
01-28-2007, 07:33 AM

Most people didn't buy sunday tickets for that.

schoolshooter
01-28-2007, 08:25 AM
I got my one day passes without any problem on thursday using a password freely handed out on this forum. Those of you who wanted to see Rage so bad should have been more dilligent in your pursuit of tickets.

Soberbobo
01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes people may only show up at night for rage, yes more than likely people payed lots of money to see one band play. If you look at the other message boards people are flying in from all over the U.S. and from the UK and other places.....JUST TO SEE RAGE. Its just how it is. Rage is one of the most original, influential, powerful, innovative, political, and TALENTED bands our generations have ever seen. It IS most definately a RAGE SHOW. So love it or leave it sorry for the inconvenience of all you hippies so butt hurt by this whole ordeal. YOUR festival people are the ones who set this up, blame them, blame goldenvoice for this upset. And let the RAGE SHOW go on. RATM fan FOREVER. I WILL BET THERE FROM VANCOUVER, WA. And I will close down that damn festival with RAGE and all the other RAGE heads! ! ! ! ! ENJOY THE SHOW.

barrio
01-28-2007, 10:14 AM
i hope ratm falls off the bill and you asshole fans are fucked. :)

DamnCanadian
01-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Okay so not all rage fans are assholes. I love rage and am very excited to see them... when tix went on sale i definitely panicked and bought 3 day tix, and then later managed to get sunday tix.... Well, I thought about it and I LOVE music festivals (hell - festivals of any kind), so why not use those three day passes.

So now I'm even MORE excited because this means I am going on a HUGE roadtrip with my friends from Ontario, Canada all the way to California! It's going to be a riot and I am looking forward to exposure to new music (b/c sadly I don't get enough).

I totally understand where a lot of these angry Rage fans are coming from, seen as it has been a collective dream of fans for years that they would do a reunion tour. BUT it is a music festival and you should go for the other bands as well... and you will... and you'll enjoy the WHOLE FREAKING THING! lol

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Yes people may only show up at night for rage, yes more than likely people payed lots of money to see one band play. If you look at the other message boards people are flying in from all over the U.S. and from the UK and other places.....JUST TO SEE RAGE. Its just how it is. Rage is one of the most original, influential, powerful, innovative, political, and TALENTED bands our generations have ever seen. It IS most definately a RAGE SHOW. So love it or leave it sorry for the inconvenience of all you hippies so butt hurt by this whole ordeal. YOUR festival people are the ones who set this up, blame them, blame goldenvoice for this upset. And let the RAGE SHOW go on. RATM fan FOREVER. I WILL BET THERE FROM VANCOUVER, WA. And I will close down that damn festival with RAGE and all the other RAGE heads! ! ! ! ! ENJOY THE SHOW.

There are soooo many things wrong with this - I find it hard to start, but I will.

People fly in for COACHELLA, the entire line-up mind you, not for one band. If some do, then they are down right stupid.

No one is denying Rage isn't good or talented or political, the feeedback you are responding to is all the whining about Sunday sellingout, when this shouldn't be a problem if RAGE fans were more open minded. Much like the Madonna fans, they went to see their idol, saw her, and left without experiencing what the festival can offer, amazing new musical experiences. People on here feel so close to this festival its a shame certain fans of ONE band wouldn't want to check out other bands. it doesn't make much sense to those of us who really love diversity in music.

Coachella is a peaceful festival, but is HAS NOTHING to do with hippies. You obviously haven't been before. Further more why when someone talks to a Rage fan, its all about how violent they are? So alpha fucking male, so idiotic! I'm all for moshing your head in, I like Rage, but there's yin with every yang. You know what I mean? For every Rage, their Bright Eyes, for every Slayer there's Coldplay, for every Tool, there's Blonde Redhead. The idea, the VERY IDEA of the Coachella experience lies here. Finding merit and love for different bands, for different experiences no matter what your pre-conceived notions may be.

NO ONE is blaming Goldenvoice for anything, I want Rage there, what I DON'T want, are stupid single minded music fans telling me how crappy the festival is, when that HAS NEVER BEEN THE CASE. Not even when Rage headlined in 1999. To most of the pissed off RATM fans, where were you then, there was TONS of tickets for that show, you even had Tool pay right befoer them? Weird that this is surfacing now. You must really be scared this is a true ONE-OFF. I highly doubt it. Chris Cornell working on a solo project does not bode well for Audiocrap's future.

I will enjoy the show - I do every year.

fatbastard
01-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Mantra for ticket discussion.

Tickets are available for all 3 days.

You missed the opportunity to purchase 3 day passes

You will have to pay extra to buy tickets for each day individually

You are able to buy tickets from Goldenvoice or Ticketmaster

Don't allow the message board hype to sway you into thinking otherwise.

suprefan
01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
You put it best C Dub... Rage fans this year are last year Madonna fans. They are going ot wait all day for 90 minutes of insanity when they could have had 12 hours of insanity going and seeing a dozen or so other very good musical acts. I think this might end up to a lot of Coachella veterans' advantage because like 2004 for example, the other stages were very empty a good amount of time before Pixies and Radiohead hit the stage and you could wander freely everywhere else. You could end up with like 300 - 500 people in the like Mojave tent and hour before Rage hits the stage and watch an awesome band up close and personal without the masses.. If Madonna could pull 35,000 people away from the other stages just to see 30 minutes of her, I am sure Rage can pull 50,000 for their 90 minutes...

And yes, I will enjoy every second I am inside the polo fields because it only happens(now) 3 days out of the year and I will already be excited for the next year when this one ends.

Soberbobo
01-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah i'll be there most of the day and i will sit back and watch most of the day too. the roots i want to see and willie will be "funny" to see. However RAGE is closing out the day and it will be one hell of a finale. People are coming to see RAGE, good for you, me too. People are coming for the FEST, have a good time. I'm not slammin FEST folk. I am here to say that you people coming from all over the world to see RAGE, I salute you,you guys rock and kick ass. It will be a good day.

windscreen
01-28-2007, 11:37 AM

hmmm, im sure its actually the memories of the kickass set that the Arcade Fire gave us again.....that those who only chose one day attendance missed.

raaageee
01-28-2007, 12:15 PM
it's a fucking RAGE concert.

windscreen
01-28-2007, 12:25 PM
it's a fucking RAGE concert.

and you have fulfilled the stereotype...congratulations.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-28-2007, 01:12 PM
tHIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL VERY OLD. rAGE DOESNT SPEAK FOR MY GENERATION OR EVEN THE ONE AFTER MINE ..AT LEAST NOT ON THE WHOLE. yOUR MISSING THE POINT OF THE BAND. bUT THATS NOR HERE NOR THERE.

Big issue is for RAGE ONLY FANS TO RESPECT THOSE OF US THAT ARE THERE FOR AN ENTIRE WEEKEND TO LISTEN TO GREAT MUSIC. we inturn wont point and laugh as your being carted off because you stood in the same spot all day in the heat..neither peeing nor drinking/eating. And then fainting 5 seconds into the "Rage concert."

I kidde cause i love you all.

m0ves159
01-28-2007, 01:20 PM
is anyone still trying to get 1 day passes for sunday?? iam still trying but no luck, ive been going for like 2 hours straight

Good Days Last
01-28-2007, 01:25 PM
You know... I'm a pretty big Rage fan myself... I own all the CDs.. all the DVDs... and a few bootlegs.

I'm thisclose to selling my sunday ticket. As much as I love them, some of these guys don't get it. It truly is a three day festival.

Not a three day Rage festival, but a three day music Festival. I won't camp around main stage all day just to be up front.
Hell, I'll be up front, but I won't miss the other acts and a chance to hear some new music.

m0ves159
01-28-2007, 01:34 PM
i understand that its a festival but i dont have the money to spend on 3 day pass along with camping/hotel money, i just dont have that money, if i did then i would buy the 3 day pass, alot of the bands that are playing i like alot....iam not going just for rage, it is my main reason, but its not the only one........and if u do sell it good days last please tell me

carlarella
01-28-2007, 01:35 PM
i'm a rage fan myself, but you got to stop bitching about this shit!! i got my 3 day pass and i will enjoy every god damn day i'm there. i look forward to seeing the decemberists, bjork, the arcade fire, dj shadow, blonde redhead, the chili peppers, travis and many others. my friend, $300 is a god damn deal. suck it and and pay, or don't go!!!!

carlarella
01-28-2007, 01:42 PM
They want all of us to pay for the totally unaffordable $300 (after taxes and charges) for the 3-day pass. This is more corprate BS! There is no reason why the one-day passes should not be as available as the 3-day, except for Goldenvoice to bank. We need to all tell them this! Write them an email at concerts@goldenvoice.com to tell them what you think about this.

If you are a true RATM fan like myself, you'll take action...otherwise you'll have to pay a ridiculous $300 to see Rage for the one and only time they may ever play. Goldenvoice is trying to milk this for all it's worth. Are you going to let them?

zack would be so proud.

carlarella
01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
There are soooo many things wrong with this - I find it hard to start, but I will.

People fly in for COACHELLA, the entire line-up mind you, not for one band. If some do, then they are down right stupid.

No one is denying Rage isn't good or talented or political, the feeedback you are responding to is all the whining about Sunday sellingout, when this shouldn't be a problem if RAGE fans were more open minded. Much like the Madonna fans, they went to see their idol, saw her, and left without experiencing what the festival can offer, amazing new musical experiences. People on here feel so close to this festival its a shame certain fans of ONE band wouldn't want to check out other bands. it doesn't make much sense to those of us who really love diversity in music.

Coachella is a peaceful festival, but is HAS NOTHING to do with hippies. You obviously haven't been before. Further more why when someone talks to a Rage fan, its all about how violent they are? So alpha fucking male, so idiotic! I'm all for moshing your head in, I like Rage, but there's yin with every yang. You know what I mean? For every Rage, their Bright Eyes, for every Slayer there's Coldplay, for every Tool, there's Blonde Redhead. The idea, the VERY IDEA of the Coachella experience lies here. Finding merit and love for different bands, for different experiences no matter what your pre-conceived notions may be.

NO ONE is blaming Goldenvoice for anything, I want Rage there, what I DON'T want, are stupid single minded music fans telling me how crappy the festival is, when that HAS NEVER BEEN THE CASE. Not even when Rage headlined in 1999. To most of the pissed off RATM fans, where were you then, there was TONS of tickets for that show, you even had Tool pay right befoer them? Weird that this is surfacing now. You must really be scared this is a true ONE-OFF. I highly doubt it. Chris Cornell working on a solo project does not bode well for Audiocrap's future.

I will enjoy the show - I do every year.

i couldn't have said it better myself.

All That I Am
01-28-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm PISSED AS HELL!
I bought my tickets for sunday only and they were $86 dollars, EIGHTY SIX DOLLARS! I mean I'm really only going to see Rage so I want all you guys to help me with this petition. I demand that i only have to pay only $2.32 because i only want to see one band. I don't want to see all 37 so 86 dollars divided by 37 comes out to $2.32.
You can send your emails to concerts@goldenvoice.com

thank you in advance.

devachan
01-28-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm PISSED AS HELL!
I bought my tickets for sunday only and they were $86 dollars, EIGHTY SIX DOLLARS! I mean I'm really only going to see Rage so I want all you guys to help me with this petition. I demand that i only have to pay only $2.32 because i only want to see one band. I don't want to see all 37 so 86 dollars divided by 37 comes out to $2.32.
You can send your emails to concerts@goldenvoice.com

thank you in advance.

Haha. I loves me some sarcasm.