PDA

View Full Version : Can You Say Coachelllllllllllllllla ???

canexplain
11-27-2007, 10:06 AM
I think we need a Yell for Coachella …. What I mean is: for bonnaroo, its roooooooooooooooooooooooo … for vegoose it’s either the goooose or vegoooooose … wakarusa: waka---ruuuuuuuuusa ….. Coachella doesn’t seem to lend itself to something catchy … anyone got any ideas …. And btw, I know if there was ever a yell adopted, it might be a bad thing because after three days at bonnaroo, you do get tired of hearing roooooooooo , but it does give the festival attendees a sense of community …. Bad idea or good idea, and if good, what’s catchy … there must be some marketing people out there that can come up with something clever … canx

J~$$$
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
OH MY DOG!

luckyface
11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I am all for the "Oh my dog" chant.

mvanwinkle
11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
suggestion 1.-"you going to Hellllllllllla this year?"
yea i am hecka going to Hellllllllllllla.
suggestion 2. umbrela is adopted as the them song for coachella.

PassiveTheory
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm going to fucking strangle you for suggesting more people use that damned annoying-as-all-hell nor. cal saying...

J~$$$
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
nor cal. is not annoying.

mvanwinkle
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
dude passivetheory I was hella joking. Hella chill out all right?

mvanwinkle
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
nor cal. is not annoying.

nor cal> so cal
before someone beats me to it

invisiblerobots
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Dental plan!

PassiveTheory
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
dude passivetheory I was hella joking. Hella chill out all right?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/sheltomt/Fazed/Kitties/SeriousCat2.jpg

J~$$$
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
meow! meow! meow! meow! meow!....

mvanwinkle
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm going to fucking strangle you for suggesting more people use that damned annoying-as-all-hell nor. cal saying...

are you against hecka as well?
I am sure it is yes. i am just checking.

Barbara, the ninja
11-27-2007, 10:58 AM

GENIUS!

marooko
11-27-2007, 11:05 AM
i hate the "H" word. i refuse to ever use it.

algunz
11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Gee, I thought we already had a yell:

RAGE!!

marooko
11-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Gee, I thought we already had a yell:

RAGE!!

that wasnt a yell at all. that was more like talking loud.

canexplain
11-27-2007, 12:10 PM
well i knew this might be a bust lol considering the audience ... and any thread less then 25 posts is a bust also .... so just thought i would try .... coachella also doesnt have a cute little logo like almost every other fest has .... i am not saying we need cookie cutter marketing , but logos , and all of that is just natural ... canx**

J~$$$
11-27-2007, 12:12 PM
A side profile of Don Piano rising like the full moon over the mountains would be a pretty sweet logo.

amyzzz
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Just "chella" is fine by me.

canexplain
11-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Just "chella" is fine by me.

i kind of thought of that too or "chilla" ..... i guess i will just talk and yell to myself :) canx**

bumper31
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
If No Doubt played, they could do "Chella Good" hahahahahahahh....oh yes....they could........

Bud Luster
11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
"oh my dog" gets my vote.

nor cal. is not annoying. I'm from NorCal, but after returning here from being in SD for 11 years, I gotta say that NorCal lingo is absolute shit.

dude passivetheory I was hella joking. Hella chill out all right? No, no you weren't.

nor cal> so cal
before someone beats me to it Depends what you're after. As soon as my MA posts, I'm fucking outta here.

are you against hecka as well? People only say this word cuz they're afraid mommy might get mad at them for saying hell.

J~$$$
11-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I meant to phrase it as .......nor. cal is not annoying?

SFChrissy
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM

Hella brought me back to 8th grade...Brawwww

marooko
11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Hella brought me back to 8th grade...Brawwww

hahahaha

algunz
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
that wasnt a yell at all. that was more like talking loud.

I actually thought of it more as a whimper.

Alchemy
11-27-2007, 03:04 PM
We could create a dialect called North American Coachellic that has undetermined morphological rules in which "coach" or "chella" is added to the beginning/end of non-function words.

For example: "Did you parkchella the coachcar?"
"Nochella."

mvanwinkle
11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
We could create a dialect called North American Coachellic that has undetermined morphological rules in which "coach" or "chella" is added to the beginning/end of non-function words.

"Nochella."

hahah i like it.

amyzzz
11-27-2007, 03:11 PM
sigged.

BROKENDOLL
11-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I think we need a Yell for Coachella …. What I mean is: for bonnaroo, its roooooooooooooooooooooooo … for vegoose it’s either the goooose or vegoooooose … wakarusa: waka---ruuuuuuuuusa ….. Coachella doesn’t seem to lend itself to something catchy … anyone got any ideas …. And btw, I know if there was ever a yell adopted, it might be a bad thing because after three days at bonnaroo, you do get tired of hearing roooooooooo , but it does give the festival attendees a sense of community …. Bad idea or good idea, and if good, what’s catchy … there must be some marketing people out there that can come up with something clever … canx
Coachella doesn't need to lend itself to anything catchy. This fest has done it's time to get where it's at and true Coachella fans know that. I think a simple "Save my spot" will work year after year.

algunz
11-27-2007, 03:45 PM

"Nochella."

I was never good at these secret dialects. I get too confused. I won't be able to understand anyone all weekend.

SFChrissy
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
isn't that something like pig latin

Alchemy
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
isn't that something like pig latin

Yeah, but if we speak it so much that newborn children pick it up, it will turn into an linguistically pure language and they'll define the morphological rules into something that actually works... or they'll just have a really stupid lexicon with a bunch of words containing "coach" and "chella".

full on idle
11-27-2007, 05:18 PM

"Nochella."

big upschella

rage patton
11-27-2007, 05:24 PM
The Coach?

No... probably not. Its more of a nickname anyways. I all up for Alchemy's suggestion though.

Also, while Im here... am I the only one who thinks Hells would kick ass at Coachella next year?

woogie846
11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
How about 'chella? Anyone? No? Ok.

shakermaker113
11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
coachella also doesnt have a cute little logo like almost every other fest has .... i am not saying we need cookie cutter marketing , but logos , and all of that is just natural ... canx**

I actually like the lack of a logo. I particularly disliked the vegoose logo. the word 'coachella' is always in the same special font. that's good enough for me.

Wheres the beef?
11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Coachella has the wave of clapping and cheering that rolls through the campground at night. You seriously can't beat that with a "rooo" or a "goooose".

ThomThom
11-27-2007, 08:39 PM
I think cops surrounding the camp grounds should be enough to separate Coachella from the rest. RAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!

goodgrl
11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Wheres CDUBYA?
Have any catchy liitle logos that you thought might
be appropriate for coach?

rage patton
11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
COACHELLA

IS the logo.

PrettyRagdoll
11-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Coachella has the wave of clapping and cheering that rolls through the campground at night. You seriously can't beat that with a "rooo" or a "goooose".

Seriously! The wave of screaming, cheering, clapping and all around hysteria can't be beat by a chant or logo

fatbastard
11-28-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm in for Chella.

canexplain
11-28-2007, 06:16 AM
What I run into with Coachella (meaning the font as the logo) … I get people that walk up to my truck and say a) hey I have been to that desert, did you go hiking there b) wow you went to that country concert they had in palm springs c) what the heck is Coachella …. Get outside of so kali and you will find most people, even 20-30, have no idea what Coachella is … ok so that might be good to keep down the crowds, but I like to let my freak flag fly and show people I have good taste  …. And chella, that reminds me of the movie “on the waterfront” …. Chellla, chella, hey that might work …. Canx**

breakjaw
11-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Chill'a'Chella.
Like the commercial (Aldo!Aldo!)that probably only Me,Tom,Ron and GPS remember...

TomAz
11-28-2007, 08:34 AM
we don't need a cheer or a logo.

but a song would be cool. a blues song.

I got a mean woman, she leave me near dead
can't go to coachella, can't see no radiohead

or, not. whatever.

fatbastard
11-28-2007, 09:53 AM
we don't need a cheer or a logo.

but a song would be cool. a blues song.

can't go to coachella, can't see no radiohead

or, not. whatever.

There is a safety football player who's no longer with us that would have picked this song.

brando4n82
11-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I rembere someone on this board referred to Rhiannas Umbrella song, went a lil something like, COACHELLA-ELLA-ELLA-AYE-AYE

I liked that one!

invisiblerobots
11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I rembere someone on this board referred to Rhiannas Umbrella song, went a lil something like, COACHELLA-ELLA-ELLA-AYE-AYE

I liked that one!

Yeesh. I've never heard this song and I'm pretty sure I never want to.