PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Stand On No Music Day, Stefan

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Do you observe this (http://www.nomusicday.com/)?

bug on your lip
11-22-2007, 08:14 AM
your time would be better spent google-searching "No Gout Day"

fasttrack
11-22-2007, 08:54 AM
i didn't bother reading too much into that website but, what the hell is the point of no music for one day? i could maybe understand not buying music for one day but not listening for an entire day is just stupid.

mountmccabe
11-22-2007, 09:06 AM
The point - or a possible point, I guess - is to appreciate how big a part of your life music is. To think about how much and how much of your life is affected by music.

I am not sure I would play along. But I wouldn't sabotage others that were playing along.

bmack86
11-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Couldn't do it. My parents or roommates would have the TV on, and music is all over the TV. Or, if I were at work, there's always music playing overhead. The only way that'd be possible would be to stay in my bed. Even then, the guys who live below me are constantly practicing their shitty jam band. It's not good music, but music nonetheless.

sonofhal
11-22-2007, 10:17 AM
It was the only day i didn't go to a gig this week, but that was just pure coincidence.

chiapet
11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
How did I guess Bill Drummond was behind this before even looking at the site?

Stefinitely Maybe
11-23-2007, 03:35 AM
I think it's a nice idea. I think I actually did observe it this year, by coincidence, simply because I was home all day and spent most of it sleeping.

I think Drummond tries to come up with ways to make the public think more deeply about music and the role it plays in their lives and what they should be listening to, and that can only be a good thing.