PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Project Manager Schedules a 4:00 Meeting the Day Before Thanksgiving?

full on idle
11-21-2007, 02:53 PM
A dickhead one.

mvanwinkle
11-21-2007, 02:54 PM
someone who doesn't love america.

bug on your lip
11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
sucker

SFChrissy
11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
what a fucker with too much education

Cpt. Funkaho
11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Possibly this guy, but only if you pissed him off:
http://iamatvjunkie.typepad.com/i_am_a_tv_junkie_a_blog_f/images/2007/05/03/office_michael_2.jpg

J~$$$
11-21-2007, 02:59 PM
lol. maybe you are getting presents.

Yablonowitz
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Maybe a free turkey like Brad got last year.

marooko
11-21-2007, 03:06 PM
maybe youre getting fired.

amyzzz
11-21-2007, 03:20 PM
I work until 7:30pm tonight. Same thing on Friday. Yippee.

york707
11-21-2007, 03:21 PM
WHOA where did my "Is it a boozing meeting?" post go? Cause I would have looked really smart.

RotationSlimWang
11-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Brad didn't get a turkey he STOLE a HAM.

Also, my manager told me if I wanted I could order some "drinks and snacks" for the meeting so I ordered a 12 pack of Stella, a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada, a cheese and crackers tray and a vegetable tray. We have like 5 people here. All leftovers will come home with me. It is my revenge.

18 beers, five people, and there's gonna be leftovers? Sounds like a ruckus.

Floyd717
11-21-2007, 03:40 PM
What Kind of Project Manager Schedules a 4:00 Meeting the Day Before Thanksgiving?

The kind that reads the Coachella Message Board. If you don't like our meetings you don't have to go. You don't have to come in on Monday either.

J~$$$
11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaaahahaahahaahahaahaa!

That sucks if its true.

Wheres the beef?
11-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh snap!

arbouler
11-21-2007, 03:47 PM
What Kind of Project Manager Schedules a 4:00 Meeting the Day Before Thanksgiving?

The kind that reads the Coachella Message Board. If you don't like our meetings you don't have to go. You don't have to come in on Monday either.

:rotfl

J~$$$
11-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Please update us. Is this 4 realz?

Wheres the beef?
11-21-2007, 03:50 PM
no it is not real

RotationSlimWang
11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
My boss reading this message board is my fucking nightmare. I should never have mentioned it to him. Fortunately I think he's too computer illiterate/busy to bother.

Wheres the beef?
11-21-2007, 03:58 PM
My boss reading this message board is my fucking nightmare. I should never have mentioned it to him. Fortunately I think he's too computer illiterate/busy to bother.

A guy trying to start a dynamic social networking website cant use a computer? Thats a recipe for success!

Yablonowitz
11-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Your boss reading this message board is my fucking amusement IF you can accurately describe his reaction.

RotationSlimWang
11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
A guy trying to start a dynamic social networking website cant use a computer? Thats a recipe for success!

Bill Gates didn't write the code for Windows either. Technology is one thing, business is another.

clarky123
11-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Your boss reading this message board is my fucking amusement IF you can accurately describe his reaction.

I thought yor main area of amusement was tryin to stick your dick up your ass whilst trying to play a chord on the guitar? Confused.

Wheres the beef?
11-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Bill Gates didn't write the code for Windows either. Technology is one thing, business is another.

Uhm but he does know how to write code. In fact that is how he started. Your example fails.

Any douche can have an idea. If I was building this website I would ask myself "Why do I need this guy anyways?"

captncrzy
11-21-2007, 04:47 PM
god, that sucks. I left at 11:30.

Yablonowitz
11-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I thought yor main area of amusement was tryin to stick your dick up your ass whilst trying to play a chord on the guitar? Confused.

1) My dick isn't that long. (but what it lacks in length, it makes up for in stubbiness!)
2) I can play at least 6 chords (depending on your definition of 'play')
3) I'm pretty sure you've ejaculated inside your dog's anal cavity no less than 100 times.

RotationSlimWang
11-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Uhm but he does know how to write code. In fact that is how he started. Your example fails.

Any douche can have an idea. If I was building this website I would ask myself "Why do I need this guy anyways?"

Yes, he knew how to write code. Which he did in the very very early years of Microsoft. But when they started designing Windows (or PC-DOS) his use as a code developer was far outweighed by the fact that he had the business sense and vision for what the product needed to be to be successful from a marketing perspective, not writing the fucking code for the OS.

Any douche can have an idea? Do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds? No no no, any douche can design a website--there's fucking millions of jerkoffs doing it every day and failing because they don't have any concept of how to sell a product. My boss bought out these guys who had a half-assed excuse for a ticket aggregator site and has guided them through how to turn it into something else, something much more interesting and hopefully market viable, literally leading them by the nose because they're not business people. They're website designers.

You think the heads of Google actually know the ins and outs of every element of design in their apps? No, they don't. They're concerned with what the product is supposed to be to be something of value, it's up to the designers to figure out how to deliver their wants. You act like every venture capitalist who decides he has an idea for a website must know how to design one in order to be the CEO of the company.

In short, you're talking out of your ass about something you know jack shit about. I'm not saying this just to defend my boss, I could give a fuck about him, but you don't understand business at all.

Wheres the beef?
11-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, he knew how to write code. Which he did in the very very early years of Microsoft. But when they started designing Windows (or PC-DOS) his use as a code developer was far outweighed by the fact that he had the business sense and vision for what the product needed to be to be successful from a marketing perspective, not writing the fucking code for the OS.

Any douche can have an idea? Do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds? No no no, any douche can design a website--there's fucking millions of jerkoffs doing it every day and failing because they don't have any concept of how to sell a product. My boss bought out these guys who had a half-assed excuse for a ticket aggregator site and has guided them through how to turn it into something else, something much more interesting and hopefully market viable, literally leading them by the nose because they're not business people. They're website designers.

You think the heads of Google actually know the ins and outs of every element of design in their apps? No, they don't. They're concerned with what the product is supposed to be to be something of value, it's up to the designers to figure out how to deliver their wants. You act like every venture capitalist who decides he has an idea for a website must know how to design one in order to be the CEO of the company.

In short, you're talking out of your ass about something you know jack shit about. I'm not saying this just to defend my boss, I could give a fuck about him, but you don't understand business at all.

You dont get it do you. My point is that anyone who is both bussiness savvy and technically competent is going to be more successful than anyone who is not. You act like your boss is in the same boat as Bill Gates or the Google founders. If you look at Bill, Google, Paypal, Digg, Facebook, Youtube. They were all started by people who are technically competent. While your boss is out there trying to build something off of someone elses shoulders and he needs people to tell him what is technically feasible and what it isnt, there are people out there already doing it.

My point was/is is that not being technically competent is a severe disadvantage in the internet game. I guess you just dont understand.

Answer me this: Would you classify your role as technical or financial?

PineapplePete
11-21-2007, 11:03 PM

c cc ccc
a aa a-minor
f ff fff
g gg g-seven

woogie846
11-21-2007, 11:26 PM
What kind of project manager schedules a 4:00 meeting the day before Thanksgiving?

A spouse who does all of the cooking.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 01:39 AM
You dont get it do you. My point is that anyone who is both bussiness savvy and technically competent is going to be more successful than anyone who is not. You act like your boss is in the same boat as Bill Gates or the Google founders. If you look at Bill, Google, Paypal, Digg, Facebook, Youtube. They were all started by people who are technically competent. While your boss is out there trying to build something off of someone elses shoulders and he needs people to tell him what is technically feasible and what it isnt, there are people out there already doing it.

My point was/is is that not being technically competent is a severe disadvantage in the internet game. I guess you just dont understand.

Answer me this: Would you classify your role as technical or financial?

My role is whatever he asks me to do.

Do you think when Steve Jobs had the idea for the ipod he went to his staff and said, "Okay, here's how you should build this thing I thought of?" No. He went to them and he said, "I thought of a thing. It should have these capabilities, acheive these goals, provide such and such functionality. Now go figure out how to do it." Just because he does understand how to design a web page or actively pursue incorporating technology into his own life doesn't mean that as a businessman he can't research social trends in technology and conceive of a useful website. Now I'm fucking tired of this.

clarky123
11-22-2007, 07:52 PM
1) My dick isn't that long. (but what it lacks in length, it makes up for in stubbiness!)
3) I'm pretty sure you've ejaculated inside your dog's anal cavity no less than 100 times.

I hear you have a "short stubby nob" ..... ya nob.

I have no pets, but I hear your moms a biyatch. Hows it going, tiny king dong.

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 07:59 PM
I hear you have a "short stubby nob" ..... ya nob.

I have no pets, but I hear your moms a biyatch. Hows it going, tiny king dong.

Aye, you have a keen wit Clarky. How I'd like to spar with you on topical events for hours on end.

Do you ever throw a horse into the mix? Tough to mount I bet, but you seem the determined type.