PDA

View Full Version : hotel nightmares

chairmenmeow47
01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
well, i have had some pretty bad hotel experiences, so i thought maybe it would be good to start a thread where people can complain about their hotels. if this isn't allowed or something, i do apologize :)

--------------------------------------------------

i will start by complaining about the deluxe inn. i stayed there in 2005. we stayed three nights. first, this place was advertised as a "suite" with three beds, a couch, a tv and a kitchen. we paid about $200 a night for this place too.

when we got there though, the kitchen literally had roaches all over it and food messes from previous occupants. also, not that we were looking to risk it, but i don't believe the kitchen appliances even worked (besides the fridge, that worked).

also, they said there would be a couch; however instead there was some disgusting loveseat with an even more disgusting blanket thrown over it. the bathroom was also nasty and had a hole kicked in the wall.

they also tried to tack on extra "fees". there was a "remote control" fee and they tried to charge us extra for additional people over 4 people; however the room has three beds and i told them there would be 6 people from the get-go. the lady behind the counter seemed to live in the back and didn't speak much english, so she called her manager, who spoke english a little better, but not by much.

the manager drove over and argued with me for like an hour. it was really hard to understand what she was saying. within that time, three different groups of people came by and cancelled their reservations. i guess their rooms were even worse than ours, they were given bunk beds.

and the best part was they had a sign that said "no PHON service", lololol. at any rate, i do not recommend this hotel to anyone and i wanted to share my story here.

http://www.hardcoredreamer.com/albums/Coachella2005/DSC00919.sized.jpg

Boourns
01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Charming. Cheap hotels in areas like this are meth labs and brothels the rest of the year, so they gotta make more money somehow.

eyeluvmusik
01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
looking at that picture you should have known better than to stay at that hooker hotel.

C DUB YA
01-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Sunset Inn = very bad

chairmenmeow47
01-19-2007, 07:40 AM
looking at that picture you should have known better than to stay at that hooker hotel.

unfortunately, i booked this through that coachella hotel 800 number, i was not able to see the hotel in advance.

and i understand they have to make money, but take five minutes to clean up the place first, at LEAST, christ. there's no need to charge anything over the $200 a night for a place like that, NONE AT ALL.

Boourns
01-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I know, it's so disgusting. Did you trash the room? Not that they would have noticed.

rampaige
01-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Pictures are deceiving. The place we stayed at in 06 looked charming and clean from the outside. Twas not the case inside.

airguitarvet
01-20-2007, 10:37 PM
the 6 and travelodge are nice decent places. the indio motel 6 is scary. BUT SECURITY IS TIGHT THERE.

xxxxxxxxxx
01-21-2007, 02:01 AM
I hope no one has anything bad to say about Palm Shadow Inn in Indio. If so speak now so I can cancel before I'm charged!

rampaige
01-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Our crappy hotel was the Royal Plaza Inn, aka "Indio's Finest Hotel". What a load of bunk.

scoop49er
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
independent hotels always creep me out. the 6 always i know what im getting. cheap but u get a bed and a shower and decent living for just a place to crash.

CombatBaby
01-21-2007, 06:35 PM
The Courtyard in Palm Springs was great although pricey at $280 a night

Courtney
01-21-2007, 09:15 PM
the indio motel 6 is scary. BUT SECURITY IS TIGHT THERE.

That was my experience as well. This year I'm upgrading to the Best Western.

melissa-haner
01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
ok well i live in indio and a word of advise... if u see a hotel with the address street... Indio Blvd. dont stay there! those are the hooker hotels... unless its motel 6.... it looks alot safer now since they built the gate all around... my best choices are in La Quinta, Indian Wells, or Palm Desert... cuz its not far and trust me alot safer and cleaner!

flutterby
01-22-2007, 07:50 PM
doesnt seem to actually be any cheap hotels available anyway. i just made reservations at the miramonte resort and spa in indian wells. $259 a night with AAA for 2 queen room for 4 people. not bad and the place looks soooooo nice, well it a resort so yeah.

€uroMeinke
01-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Soaking in a spa, enjoying a nightcap with other concert goers after a day at the polo grounds was one of my greatest pleasures last Coachella

flutterby
01-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Soaking in a spa, enjoying a nightcap with other concert goers after a day at the polo grounds was one of my greatest pleasures last Coachella

yeah that sounds ideal to me, im stoked we have a nice place :)

scoop49er
01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
knowing me im gonna be rocking and drinking all day so at nite its crash time so my nightcap will be snoring away the beer! :)

disgustipated
01-23-2007, 09:20 AM
The past two years I have been lucky enough to join a group who rents a vacation rental in Palm Springs. This place is immaculate! Previously owned by Marilyn Monroe, with 4 rooms and two poolhouse bungaloes. I believe we had around 10-12 people pitching in and it was around $150-$200 TOTAL per person.

If you have a group, this is the way to go.

JZ117
01-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Just a tip - check out this site for reviews, so you'll hear what the real deal is straight from people who actually stayed there: www.tripadvisor.com.

Last year I actually had read some decent reviews of a hotel in Palm Desert (I think it might have been a Comfort Inn?) and booked it - right before the festival I took another look and read SEVERAL reviews about all the roaches, so fortunately I had time to cancel and rebook in Palm Springs (Wyndham 1 night and Hotel Zoso the other - not cheap but would highly recommend both). Staying in Palm Springs was a highlight for me - being able to relax and hang out in the pool in the morning, grab some breakfast downtown, etc. - made a much more enjoyable trip than staying in a roach-infested hellhole each night.

Desert Oasis
01-23-2007, 10:42 AM
We (Desert Oasis) are the largest hotel accomodations service for the desert area. We also are very select in the hotels we represent, thus horror stories like this are never results of our clients!

For reservations, you may call 800-615-7805
-Cortney

Trail of Dead
01-23-2007, 11:29 AM
There were drug dealers a few rooms down and junkies all over lol

it was the restort at palm springs

and i heard it got featured on cops lol

judila
01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Uh-oh. Why is the Motel 6 in Indio scary? I wanted to book the Best Western, like I did last year, but they want almost $300 a night!

judila
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
No one has any explanation as to why Motel 6 in Indio is "scary?" Is it 'I'm gonna get jacked by the gangstas running their drugs & hos out of parking lot' scary? Or 'the meth lab someone is running out of room 106 might blow up' scary? Or 'the roaches are so big they have their own weather systems' scary?

nmaff
01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
offtopic!

i stayed in a hotel once, and when we got there at like midnight, the clerk asked (3 males) "are you staying the night? cuz if not the room will be cheaper."

then when we got in the room, there was cat shit in the closet. and a bunch other awful things.

that wasn't anywhere near california, tho.

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 12:56 PM
The Motel 6 is Indio is OK. The beds are kind of lumpy, but I never saw any bugs, and it seemed reasonably clean. The freeway noise is rather loud as it is RIGHT off the I-10. Last year they gave out little swag bags to coachella-goers.

judila
01-24-2007, 05:17 PM
The Motel 6 is Indio is OK. The beds are kind of lumpy, but I never saw any bugs, and it seemed reasonably clean. The freeway noise is rather loud as it is RIGHT off the I-10. Last year they gave out little swag bags to coachella-goers.

Well, that doesn't seem so scary. Whew. I was worried. Thanks, amyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :)

Courtney
01-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Uh-oh. Why is the Motel 6 in Indio scary?

I've stayed there a couple times. It's not horrendous, but it is definitely run down. Both times, the rooms have reeked of stale cigarettes, and both times there have been unidentifiable stains on the carpet and blankets. The fitted bed sheet also had a few smallish holes in it, exposing the mattress.

Balthazar B
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
This is gonna be awesome...

!!!!!!!!111111111

judila
01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I've stayed there a couple times. It's not horrendous, but it is definitely run down. Both times, the rooms have reeked of stale cigarettes, and both times there have been unidentifiable stains on the carpet and blankets. The fitted bed sheet also had a few smallish holes in it, exposing the mattress.

Looks like I'm bringing my own sheets and pillows and wearing flip flops in the room...

invisiblerobots
01-26-2007, 06:40 AM
We stayed at the Motel 6 in ***** a couple years ago and every night they rekeyed all the rooms, locking out everyone returning from the show. What a joy it was to wait around with 40 other people in the lobby after a long day in the sun while the night clerk tried to figure out how to issue new keys. :poo

Courtney
01-26-2007, 09:47 AM
We stayed at the Motel 6 in ***** a couple years ago and every night they rekeyed all the rooms, locking out everyone returning from the show. What a joy it was to wait around with 40 other people in the lobby after a long day in the sun while the night clerk tried to figure out how to issue new keys. :poo

They de-activated my key card on the second night of last year too.

celeritas1
12-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Hotel rates and availability - the principle of supply and demand always rules during Coachella. Over the last 7 years ALL hotels/motels/Inns in the Coachella Valley sell-out for the event, usually far in advance. 2008 Coachella will be no exception. Here are a few reality-checks to help avoid hotel nightmares: There is no such thing as a 2, 3 or 4 star motel in Indio. There are 3, 4 and 5 star Hotels, but their prices can be extreme. The closer the property is located to the event, the higher the price (just like real estate). If the property is more than 8 years old, all of its rooms have been smoked in before. People who wait and expect to drive around until they find "nice" accommodations are always disappointed, pay through the nose for the privledge, end up 35 miles away, and often complain about it. Never trust so-called "guest reviews." You never know who really wrote it, and people do say untrue things on the Internet all the time. This post was written by an expert at southwestrooms.com. It's best to plan far in advance, lock in your travel and lodging rates, drive/be driven to the event early (before the rush), and leave late (after the rush). The rest is a piece of cake ... you will have the time of your life!

Ardentbiscuit
12-20-2007, 09:07 AM
My friends got screwed by a hotel in Palm Springs.

I forget the name but they booked the room for cheap on travelocity and when they got there the hotel owner demanded 6 times the price because he claimed he forgot that it was Coachella that weekend and he didn't mean to give those prices to the website.

They got in a big fight and he wouldn't give it to them for the promised price. My friends finally called Travelocity and they fought with the owner and finally the website agreed to pay the difference.

faxman75
12-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Shut up and camp.

Ardentbiscuit
12-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Why? My family owns a condo over there.

airguitarvet
01-05-2008, 12:00 AM
timeshare for me! hooray!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-05-2008, 06:09 AM
the motel 6 we stayed at in 2006 was pretty bad...I thought we were going to get mugged..but hey it was only $70 a night!

sonofhal
01-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Renting a villa is cheap - especially if you exceed the maximum occupancy (as there is a ton of room)

Botrocker
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
^^ do tell?

BeeII
04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Camping at Lake Cahuilla all the way, more fun, less sketchy, and cheaper.

blakely
04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
im sleeping in YOUR hotel room. check under your beds!!!