PDA

View Full Version : RADIOHEAD - Coachella '08 Headliner??????????

bobert
11-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Radiohead just confirmed to the BBC that they would be embarking on a US tour in May, 2008. As we all know Coachella is the last weekend in April. Since Radiohead headlined Bonnaroo in '06, it seems likely that Coachella would be their first choice of any U.S. festival to headline in '08; and in my opinion, a damn fine place to kick off their tour. So you tell me, is this wishful thinking? Useless speculation? Damn fine detective work, or all of the above? Call me an optimist, but I'd put money on Thom and friends paying us all a visit in the desert next April.

- BB

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/11/20/radiohead-conspiracy-theories-totally-nuts-or-just-a-little-nuts/#more-4521

paulb
11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
um. its looking not good.

ShyGuy75
Welcome to the forum!

ficklecycle
Keep your chin up kid.

mvanwinkle
11-20-2007, 02:57 PM
I'd put money on Thom and friends paying us all a visit in the desert next April.

i will take that bet.

amyzzz
11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
I bet we get 10 more thread EXACTLY like this one in the next 2 months.

rage patton
11-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Sorry, this has been talked about for months now. Thanks for letting us know though!
Oh, and by the way... the moderator of this forum, and an employee of goldenvoice, confirmed in a different thread, Radiohead will NOT be at Coachella next year.
Sorry.
Try Sasquatch though.

crazzz2007
11-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Coachella will be dropping the ball if they don't get Radiohead. A few more years of losing out on the biggest headliner of the year, and Coachella will lose its crown as best festival in the US.

rage patton
11-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Coachella will be dropping the ball if they don't get Radiohead. A few more years of losing out on the biggest headliner of the year, and Coachella will lose its crown as best festival in the US.

Who did we miss out on this year? Or the past couple of years?

SecretAgentX-9
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Radiohead just confirmed to the BBC that they would be embarking on a US tour in May, 2008. As we all know Coachella is the last weekend in April. Since Radiohead headlined Bonnaroo in '06, it seems likely that Coachella would be their first choice of any U.S. festival to headline in '08...

So what if psychic friend said they aren't gonna play. I know it's been said before, but she could be fucking with everybody, teasing everybody, or just saying that because she's annoyed with all the Radiohead hype. But this statement by Radiohead makes it seem totally doable. Don't shoot it down immediately, take a second to consider it and it seems quite possible. I'm not gonna be lean either way for Radiohead until I see the poster, or hear a statement from the band themselves.

suprefan
11-20-2007, 04:39 PM
EVERYONE still thought the Police would play with having the pre sale password be Roxanne ok? They are not doing it, Sasquatch all the way.

and bobert.

SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10004

amyzzz
11-20-2007, 05:06 PM
PF will just keep saying Radiohead won't be playing, and then the presale password will be RAINBOWS.

...and Radiohead still won't be playing at Coachella. GV likes to fuck with us that way.

psychic friend
11-20-2007, 05:13 PM
EVERYONE still thought the Police would play with having the pre sale password be Roxanne ok?

everyone thought that before the presale, that's why it was so funny.

ADrunkPoet
11-20-2007, 05:42 PM
As long as I see Radiohead next year and have a great time at Coachella, all is fine in the universe.

The bright side about not seeing Thom and Co. in the desert is that when I do see them, they will have a "longer than festival length" set behind them.

Trying to be positive, and realistic at the same time.

garrett222
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I'll fly to up to 3 radiohead shows in the US. I missed them last year to see the counting crows...

rage patton
11-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Half the threads on this board are about Radiohead at Sasquatch...

Chris, have you seen this one (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12483&page=5)?

luckyface
11-20-2007, 06:58 PM
I'll fly to up to 3 radiohead shows in the US. I missed them last year to see the counting crows...

That's a great choice you made..... hahahahahahhahahahahaha.

psychic friend
11-20-2007, 07:29 PM

this is a lame and selfish statement IMHO. who brought them to you in the first place at a festival here after not playing for while? geez.. let some other festivals enjoy their sloppy 2nd's. have you no respect? i hope they do play at sasquatch, that would be really cool. hail to the chief! :lips

matsuolost
11-20-2007, 07:38 PM
yeah get over it
i did

MarkO
11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
this is a lame and selfish statement IMHO. who brought them to you in the first place at a festival here after not playing for while? geez.. let some other festivals enjoy their sloppy 2nd's. have you no respect? i hope they do play at sasquatch, that would be really cool. hail to the chief! :lips

Why wouldn't they play at Coach ?

It's somewhat immaterial though. I think The Gorge is a better venue and I'm going to Sasquatch anyway to see The Cure but it would be nice to see them (Radiohead) at Coach.

sacleonard
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
everyone thought that before the presale, that's why it was so funny.

Misleading: definitely
Funny: debatable

It didn't matter to me... I was indifferent about seeing The Police and consider the headliners to be less important as the overall lineup and overall vibe of the festival.

orbit
11-20-2007, 11:20 PM
If a sloppy 2nd is Radiohead at Bonnaroo 2006, I'm totally up for the sloppy 2nds. I actually don't care who gets who 1st or 2nd as long as they put an amazing show.

drugks Gillespie
11-21-2007, 01:30 AM
no fucking way radiohead is embarking on a us tour in may and not showing up a weak early to play coachella. it's a lock.

crazzz2007
11-24-2007, 12:39 AM

what do you mean by sloppy seconds? they just came out with a brand new album, with another new album coming out next month.

so GV thinks it's ok to have a lame headliner like RHCP play twice in 4 years, but you think having radiohead headline twice in 4 years is sloppy seconds? don't make it seem like GV doesn't want radiohead. of course GV wants radiohead. the only reason radiohead won't be at coachella is if they don't want to be at coachella.

boyalien0
11-24-2007, 01:38 AM
so GV thinks it's ok to have a lame headliner like RHCP play twice in 4 years, but you think having radiohead headline twice in 4 years is sloppy seconds?

I don't usually agree with crazee here, but this is a damned good point. RHCP was a fucking disgrace, both in 2003 AND again in 2007. If you can't get a good headliner then don't jump into the waters of three day festivals. That being said, Radiohead is not a necessity at this year's fest, and with possibilities of both MBV and Portishead, I really don't see why anyone cares whether or not Radiohead is there. Oh, that is unless, of course, you missed out on 2004. In that case I feel sorry for you. Oh well.