PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL 2008 CAMP ALL ALONE CLUB

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

faxman75
11-20-2007, 01:20 PM
THE OFFICIAL COACHELLA CAMP ALL ALONE CLUB MESSAGE BOARD this will take the place of the e-mail list that was started. Yes, it's another board but it's only to be used for solo campers who want up to date and accurate information. Eveyone on the list below should visit the new message board and register so we can remain organized! Newbies please continue to PM me if you want to join us and also sign up for the solocampers message board. We all need to remain on the same PAGE!!! This group is growing rather fast and we all want to maintain respect and get to know eachother and ultimately have a great time!

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9425

PLEASE REGISTER ON THAT BOARD WITH THE SAME NAME TO AVOID CONFUSION

I figured now was as good a time as any to begin this thread considering all other things travel and hotel wise are already well underway and selling out.

Once a full list is compiled of those who are basically camping but have no other peeps to camp with, we will then see if we can have a reserved area of space so we can all camp near eachother. Last year was a blast and I think we had maybe 20 or so people.

If you want on the list just say so and you will be added. Try to only say you want to participate if you are really sure. All are welcome of course. I think our list was over 50 last year and we got about half of that.

IF YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND CHANGE YOUR MIND PLEASE LET ME KNOW

So welcome!!!!!!

update

DEADLINE FOR SIGNUP WILL BE MONDAY APRIL 14TH 2008 MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE JOINING US YOU SEND A PM TO KindigerJ AND SIGN UP AT THE MESSAGE BOARD BELOW THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, NOTHING ELSE, HURRY YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL APRIL 14TH!!

JUST SIGN UP AT http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9425
FOR ALL THE LATEST INFO!

faxman75
12-31-2007, 06:24 AM
bump

ShyGuy75
12-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Just get a marker and put a giant L on your forehead so you can find each other.

faxman75
12-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Totally dude. I'm such a loser.

I understand though, you're "shy". It's ok. Most of us are friendly.

ShyGuy75
12-31-2007, 08:07 AM
:sorry

ADrunkPoet
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Sweet, brand new thread for this year.

brokendesign
01-03-2008, 11:04 PM
i wont be camping alone, the opposite. were going to have numerous tents were going 20 deep (if people dont flake).
but were planing on having massive PARTIES at our tents and EEEEEERYONE IS WELCOME!! WORKING ON A FLAG ILL POST UP LATER.

microserfs21
01-06-2008, 05:58 PM
It looks like I might be camping alone. Trying to get some friends to come but it is not likely. My plane ticket is already booked. No way am I missing the awesomeness of Coachella.

boarderwoozel3
01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Add me to the list please. I'm going this year but my friends are already sketchy about the cost of the trip. Everyone is giving me the customary "yeah, I'm totally down to go" but when it comes to throwing down the $$$ for tickets their tune usually changes...weak.

chiapet
01-06-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm camping again this year, and maybe "alone", since gradually my friends are backing out of camping (or going at all).

gratytrainridesagain
01-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm sure I'm in the same boat this year my usual Coachella traveling partner is having a baby so that pretty much means hes out

boarderwoozel3
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Hope everyone here likes to party. This year I’ll already know how easy it is to sneak “party favors” into the campgrounds.

Seriously, on the website it said no alcohol etc. but people were bringing 18 packs of beer without doing much to hide it. I got a handle of vodka but was sneaky about it thinking I was going to get checked. I was almost disappointed they didn't even try to search me after I so diligently hid everything....this year is going to be crrrazzzzyyy!

microserfs21
01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
I don't know how anyone has any energy to party at Coachella. You guys are remarkable. I was dead after everyday and I think I had one beer all weekend.

gratytrainridesagain
01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Thursday always have a couple beers. Friday I usually can but don't. Saturday always do cause thats usually the sahara night. Sunday sleep.

boarderwoozel3
01-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Its amazing what proper hydration, decent nutrition, and a nap during the day will do for your energy level.

Then theres the person I went with last year. She wouldn't listen to me when I said she needed to eat and drink a lot more than she was and then proceeded to whine about having a headache and "feeling bad". You're in the desert, its called heat stroke...derrrrrrr! (she is now my ex-girlfriend)

microserfs21
01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Its amazing what proper hydration, decent nutrition, and a nap during the day will do for your energy level.

Then theres the person I went with last year. She wouldn't listen to me when I said she needed to eat and drink a lot more than she was and then proceeded to whine about having a headache and "feeling bad". You're in the desert, its called heat stroke...derrrrrrr! (she is now my ex-girlfriend)

I had all that and still by 11 I was falling asleep. Maybe I'm too old or just not hardcore enough.

gratytrainridesagain
01-06-2008, 10:25 PM
There was four of us last year and one of my buddys did that last but luckily i didnt have to deal with him he would drink soda all day not take off his beanie and would bitch about how he felt like throwing up. He didnt make it Sat

boarderwoozel3
01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I try to enjoy myself but didn't make it all three nights last year. On Saturday I fell asleep on top of about an eight that I was rolling up for the next day. Waking up and realizing that I slept on top of my bud sucked.

I was able to rescue most of it... thankfully.
And I had enough energy to survive, and I do mean survive, rage.

gratytrainridesagain
01-06-2008, 10:57 PM
See where I was for Rage was not bad at all but I look on here and everyone says it was just brutal

boarderwoozel3
01-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Where were you? I was on the right side just behind the second barrier, so pretty close, and it was out of control. Maybe that spot was a bit more rowdy than others because theres no way I could describe it as not bad at all. Either way, the set was epic.

gratytrainridesagain
01-06-2008, 11:30 PM
on the left of the sound board it was everyone going bat shit but nothing out of control

boarderwoozel3
01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Its a fine line between going bat shit and getting out of control, a fine line indeed.

But back to the matter at hand, this "camping all alone group" was a success last year eh? What worked well about it?

gratytrainridesagain
01-06-2008, 11:57 PM
True

faxman75
01-07-2008, 08:34 AM
But back to the matter at hand, this "camping all alone group" was a success last year eh? What worked well about it?

Umm the fact that a bunch of us had tents next to eachother and bullshat about the shows before and after and shared laughs and drinks and weed. It was simply fun. It was a very diverse group as well.

brokendesign
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
heres my secret to surviving coachella....
DRUGS and lots of em!!!!!!
hasnt failed me yet!!!!!
muahahahahahah its going to be epic!

gratytrainridesagain
01-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Were you per chance the group of twenty next to me last year from all over the place but mainly from the bay?

chiapet
01-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Umm the fact that a bunch of us had tents next to eachother and bullshat about the shows before and after and shared laughs and drinks and weed. It was simply fun. It was a very diverse group as well.

Yes, that. Plus, if you show up alone, you're going to get stuck between other people or other groups. It was nice to be next to people we'd been chatting with via the board and who we know were not going to be assholes. And having more people meant that we had enough space shared to be able to set up some shade and chairs. And hopefully enough people get there early to grab a nice spot. I liked where we were at last year.

chiapet
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Were you per chance the group of twenty next to me last year from all over the place but mainly from the bay?

I think there were at least 20 of us, and only about 3-4 of us from the bay. We had some midwest and some southern california too.

gratytrainridesagain
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah Im pretty sure that was yall then. One of you have a big bird tattoo on the shoulder?
Camped by the bathrooms?

chiapet
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
We were by the showers, closer to the bar/food entrance in the campgrounds.

gratytrainridesagain
01-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Guess not I was by the other showers

brokendesign
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
anywho remember!!!!
if you see atent with a giant anchor flag thats the party tent,
loners welcome!!!!
were working on the flag so ill post a picture later

boarderwoozel3
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, that. Plus, if you show up alone, you're going to get stuck between other people or other groups. It was nice to be next to people we'd been chatting with via the board and who we know were not going to be assholes. And having more people meant that we had enough space shared to be able to set up some shade and chairs. And hopefully enough people get there early to grab a nice spot. I liked where we were at last year.

Sweet, this is reassuring.

hasnt failed me yet!!!!!

This is too but for wholly different reasons:D

Brentw0
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey guys. I'm probably going to be on my own this year. Last year i was with 3 other guys, but they aren't up for it this year. I'll be coming down from New Brunswick Canada. Any other Canadians going to be camping alone?

microserfs21
01-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey guys. I'm probably going to be on my own this year. Last year i was with 3 other guys, but they aren't up for it this year. I'll be coming down from New Brunswick Canada. Any other Canadians going to be camping alone?

I'm a fellow Canadian and it looks like I will be camping alone.

faxman75
01-11-2008, 10:26 AM
hasnt failed me yet!!!!!

Alright dude, you are a bit too hardcore maybe. Drugs can be fun in moderations but you keep your overdosing ass in your tent. I would rather Coachella not be that "epic".

brokendesign
01-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Alright dude, you are a bit too hardcore maybe. Drugs can be fun in moderations but you keep your overdosing ass in your tent. I would rather Coachella not be that "epic".
RELAX GRANDPA. IM NOT A NOVICE WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF.
NEVER OVERDOSED ALTHOUGH ONCE I DID HAVE A BAD TRIP ON ACID BUT THAT WAS IT.

chiapet
01-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Yea.... let's see, you turned 21 a few months ago? I'm sure you know more about these things than those of us who have a generation or more of experience over you. :)

Honestly, I don't think I even really drank that much last year. Between standing in the heat for so many hours and dancing and getting like 4-6 hours of sleep at night, there is no way I'd have been able to have the "epic" Coachella you think you're going to have. I'd so much rather be able to get up and go see bands the next day and feel good about it rather than be dragging ass feeling miserable from what I did the day before.

microserfs21
01-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I don't think I even really drank that much last year. Between standing in the heat for so many hours and dancing and getting like 4-6 hours of sleep at night, there is no way I'd have been able to have the "epic" Coachella you think you're going to have. I'd so much rather be able to get up and go see bands the next day and feel good about it rather than be dragging ass feeling miserable from what I did the day before.

qft

brokendesign
01-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Yea.... let's see, you turned 21 a few months ago? I'm sure you know more about these things than those of us who have a generation or more of experience over you. :)

YEAH WELL THESE DAYS WISDOM DOESNT ALWAYS COME WITH AGE.

boarderwoozel3
01-11-2008, 10:58 PM
This is going to be fun.

dontfeedthebird
01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
what does qtf mean?

either way, bring on the drugs!

chiapet
01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
what does qtf mean?

Must be some of that internet talk these kids today use! :)

chiapet
01-12-2008, 12:38 AM

Yes, I too thought I knew everything when I was 21.

jigawig
01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
i find it funny how no matter what, the young people think they know everything there is to know about everything...but as you get older, you learn that what you thought you knew about the world was really just the tip of the iceberg and you quickly find out that there is a huge chunk of ice underneath that you never knew was there

brokendesign
01-12-2008, 06:09 PM
who the fuck said i know everything?
it just annoys the fuck out of me how people seem to talk down to people because theyre younger. its fucken idiotic.
so you may have 5, 10, maybe even 20 years on me. whatever that doesnt mean shit. you might have grown up in a suburban wonderland i might have grown up in a third world country.
just because your older doesnt mean youve "experienced" more of life.
it just means youve been here longer. who the fuck knows you might have lived your whole life ina fucken box.
get over yourselfs.

sbessiso
01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
im coming from Miami, and will most likely be alone, lets party!

faxman75
01-12-2008, 06:34 PM
who the fuck said i know everything?
it just annoys the fuck out of me how people seem to talk down to people because theyre younger. its fucken idiotic.
so you may have 5, 10, maybe even 20 years on me. whatever that doesnt mean shit. you might have grown up in a suburban wonderland i might have grown up in a third world country.
just because your older doesnt mean youve "experienced" more of life.
it just means youve been here longer. who the fuck knows you might have lived your whole life ina fucken box.
get over yourselfs.

You are an abrasive fuck. We're just saying calm the fuck down and don't be so FUCKING loud about what your flag looks like and how many fucking drugs you plan on ingesting. You might ruin your fucking weekend. Got it? Christ dude, relax and don't be obnoxious about all your dope. I smoke some pot but i'm not screaming that i'm going to do enough drugs to kill Andre The Giant. I don't quite understand why you feel you should broadcast how many fucking drugs you are going to do. Be smart about it .

faxman75
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
i find it funny how no matter what, the young people think they know everything there is to know about everything...but as you get older, you learn that what you thought you knew about the world was really just the tip of the iceberg and you quickly find out that there is a huge chunk of ice underneath that you never knew was there

Dude, are you going? I read one of your posts elsewhere about going to the roo instead.

chiapet
01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Yea, there is no reason to be so conspicuous and, well, loud about it, brokendesign.

jigawig, are you really not going to Coachella this year?

jigawig
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
havent decided as to whether or not i will be attending this year...i guess the release of the line-up, plus the roo's line-up will determine what i do...who knows, maybe ill do both...if roo gets zeppelin and i do only one of the festivals it will be the roo...still up in the air though

jigawig
01-12-2008, 07:48 PM

hey bro, im not downing you whatsoever...all im saying is that younger people always think they know more than they do (in some cases its true...like if you had to raise three siblings on your own from the time you were like 15 or 16)...just watch, when you get some years on you and you hear the younger kids making all sorts of wacky comments you will think back to this forum and say to yourself "hey, that dude was right"...anywho, go do some smoking and chill

boarderwoozel3
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Discretion is always a good idea. I seem to remember security or cops walking around the campground.

dontfeedthebird
01-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I heard it from a birdie that Jor's not coming either.

Wheres the beef?
01-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Discretion is always a good idea. I seem to remember security or cops walking around the campground.

Yeah I saw undercovers walk by us and it sketched me out. It seemed like it was a short thing though and they did it on Thursday/Friday. I couldnt see them coming in and busting you for smoking in your tent and they certainly didnt care about alcohol. I think their main concern was people there for the express intent of dealing aka the pirate tent.

That being said, if you be cool, things will be cool back at cha.

sassypants
01-13-2008, 07:58 AM
what does qtf mean?

Google is your friend. Well, at least my friend because I don't speak the new intrawebz tak. I'm old school: proper grammar and spelling with a few swear words mixed.

And just to stay on topic: I definitely did not drink as much as I expected. Heat+Booze=bedtime at 10pm. Guess that makes me old.

sbessiso
01-13-2008, 08:04 AM
cant we all just get along???

like i said, im 99% sure imma be alone, all the way from Miami, id love to join your ragtag group of loners and rebels

dontfeedthebird
01-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Good suggestion sassy pants.

qtf=quit talking ******

I need to quit using it, now that I know what it means. For some reason, I was reading it as "quite frankly."

microserfs21
01-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Good suggestion sassy pants.

qtf=quit talking ******

I need to quit using it, now that I know what it means. For some reason, I was reading it as "quite frankly."

qft = qouted for truth

brokendesign
01-13-2008, 10:27 AM
You are an abrasive fuck. We're just saying calm the fuck down and don't be so FUCKING loud about what your flag looks like and how many fucking drugs you plan on ingesting. You might ruin your fucking weekend. Got it? Christ dude, relax and don't be obnoxious about all your dope. I smoke some pot but i'm not screaming that i'm going to do enough drugs to kill Andre The Giant. I don't quite understand why you feel you should broadcast how many fucking drugs you are going to do. Be smart about it .
i can be as loud as i want.
if you dont like it ignore it.
dont worry about what i do.
worry about yourself.

miscorrections
01-13-2008, 10:52 AM
And last year's thread was full of such love. Way to ruin the premise, brokendesign.

dontfeedthebird
01-13-2008, 11:12 AM
qft = qouted for truth

Oh wow. Thanks for the insight. Now it doesn't seem so mean.

chiapet
01-13-2008, 11:15 AM
There will still be love!

And I wouldn't worry about brokendesign. He'll keep posting on all the threads about how much drugs he's bringing, he'll find someone to camp with.

Personally, I don't see the point in going on about it on a public forum owned by Golden Voice. Why do you feel the need to repeatedly post to thousands of strangers about it? :)

chiapet
01-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Oh wow. Thanks for the insight. Now it doesn't seem so mean.

You liked your own interpretation better, didn't you?

sarararararar
01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
If I scrounge up enough money to go this year, I'll most likely be camping alone.
I'll also be lost as fuck.

boarderwoozel3
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah I saw undercovers walk by us and it sketched me out. It seemed like it was a short thing though and they did it on Thursday/Friday. I couldnt see them coming in and busting you for smoking in your tent and they certainly didnt care about alcohol. I think their main concern was people there for the express intent of dealing aka the pirate tent.

That being said, if you be cool, things will be cool back at cha.

All true. It was a bit sketchy seeing a pair of cops by my totally transparent tent as I was rolling up a few joints... could have done without that.

mashup82
01-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Im planning on coming all the way from London, UK for my first Coachella! Looks like im going to be coming on my own as most of my friends are busy or don't have as many holiday days as me.....

So does anybody have any good tips for me and i would love to hang out with some people when i get there!

bye
M

mashup82
01-16-2008, 07:36 AM
....oh and are there any other people from London or UK going to be camping alone? Or peeps who have been to the Miami Dj Conference, cos i was there last March and it was a blast would be good to talk shit with good party people....

London-ers know how to party! Cannot wait for Coachella!

love to all
M

chiapet
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't recall seeing anyone from London yet on the thread, but I'm sure there are many people who make the trip. How about wish-we-were-Londoners? :)

All true. It was a bit sketchy seeing a pair of cops by my totally transparent tent as I was rolling up a few joints... could have done without that.

Well, my admittedly biased perspective as a Californian is that you'll be fine as long as you're not running around going, "Look! I have drugs!" If you put them in a position to turn a blind eye, they usually will.

Jinx16
01-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Going and camping. I may be alone if my friends decide to bail.

If thats the case i'm down to join the group.

jigawig
01-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, my admittedly biased perspective as a Californian is that you'll be fine as long as you're not running around going, "Look! I have drugs!" If you put them in a position to turn a blind eye, they usually will.

our whole camping group was right next to the cop tent (other side of the fence for those who werent there) and we were lighting up from the moment we got there...at first i was pretty paranoid, but eventually (must have been the brownie, smoking, and drinking of my tequila sunrises) was more relaxed...remember the cops taking away the dude with the tupperware of fungus?

digitalface
01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
....oh and are there any other people from London or UK going to be camping alone? Or peeps who have been to the Miami Dj Conference, cos i was there last March and it was a blast would be good to talk shit with good party people...

Went to Conference 99-2002, and I'm finally going back again this year. Much love for WMC. We'll see about Coachy. It'll be my fourth year if I make it, and probably alone as well, since all my Coachy-loving friends are either pregnant or spending money on weddings. Erg.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Is someone keeping track of everyone who's said they're coming alone so we can camp togeather?

mashup82
01-17-2008, 06:16 AM
WMC 2007 last year was good, but man it rained at Ultra on Day 2, in fact it was like monsoon season so i was pretty peeved having travelled from the 'home of rain' a.k.a London town to be drenched in supposedly sunny Miami... so bailed pretty quickly on the festival on the second day... whatever else you do you HAVE to go to the F**k Me I'm Famous party that David Guetta from Ibiza throws it is amazing and Martin Solevieg, Joachim Garraud and Bob Sinclair usually play at that party too.
Miami is ok, Ibiza is better, I go there every year with out fail, but im looking forward to my 1st Coachella!
I will be camping alone so pop me on the list!! :)

gaypalmsprings
01-17-2008, 06:17 AM
This thread will let the Daft Punk thread take over the board. Awesome!

chiapet
01-17-2008, 10:58 PM
our whole camping group was right next to the cop tent (other side of the fence for those who werent there) and we were lighting up from the moment we got there...at first i was pretty paranoid, but eventually (must have been the brownie, smoking, and drinking of my tequila sunrises) was more relaxed...remember the cops taking away the dude with the tupperware of fungus?

Yea, I remember them being there, but I don't remember them hassling anyone.... I totally missed this whole mushrooms thing. I am getting the feeling that there are several points of the weekend (mostly at night) that I missed, and I was sober.... ?

Oh and whoever mentioned no tailgating (was that on this thread?), plenty of people were drinking in the parking lot. We had a TON of beer in our car which never made it into the campgrounds (due to lack of effort, the cooler was heavy). I am rather ashamed to say that that cooler is actually still sitting on my kitchen floor, still mostly full with that beer. (I drank all the cider though). I kept forgetting it was in there, and now I'm kind of afraid to open it. I might put it outside and see if someone is brave enough to risk exposure to something toxic in 9 month old cooler funk to have a beer.

chiapet
01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Is someone keeping track of everyone who's said they're coming alone so we can camp togeather?

Well, what they did last year is waited until late April, got a list of names and emails everyone who was still in, collected mobile numbers from those who were willing to give them, sent the list to everyone. Some of us showed up with the list and they let us hold a ton of spots against the list of names. And then found people by calling/texting. Not everyone found the spot, but I think we had more than 20, didn't we?

jigawig
01-18-2008, 03:17 PM
someone could always find the group pic amongst the hundreds of pages of the original thread, count the people, and add about 5-10 to that number

RedThom
01-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Who is camping by themselves this year?

I generally do but end up convincing a friend to go.

rage patton
01-18-2008, 11:54 PM
This thread will let the Daft Punk thread take over the board. Awesome!

my thoughts exactly

altaz
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
So I am planning to make 2008 my first Coachella experience. I will be book the whole of April off, spend most of the time in New Zealand and then head off to LA for Coachella (too soon to ask for a ride?). Should be a fun time. This is going to be my first real holiday in about 8 years so I'm hoping this is going to be good.

Still going to take ages to get everything ready, and i reckon I should get an award for the most spent on Coachella (about £2.5K). As this is my first time I am planning on camping, so i will be keeping an eye on this thread!

shinymoonrobot
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I went to Coachella in 2004...and I want to make it this year! I'll be coming by myself if I can scrape the money together. I just moved out to NYC from CA, so I plan to fly back to my hometown and grab my car, steal a tent, and make my way on down :)

I would love to meetup with some people. The first time I went was entirely last-minute...me and the guy I went with camped out in what turned out to be a shooting range one night, and the next night slept in my car. I DO NOT want to sleep in my car again. That sucked so bad.

chiapet
01-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Sleeping in a car seems like it would be really miserable unless you kept it running with a/c all night. Even if you don't have a hotel and miss out on onsite camping tix, aren't there off-site places to camp?

shinymoonrobot
01-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Sleeping in a car seems like it would be really miserable unless you kept it running with a/c all night. Even if you don't have a hotel and miss out on onsite camping tix, aren't there off-site places to camp?

It was miserable. EVERYTHING was booked for like a 2 hour radius in all directions. I couldn't run the a/c because my car had overheating issues...my car is not built for the desert. This is why I'm going to plan a bit more this year, and not be afraid to camp by myself.

KindigerJ
01-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Ooooh look at all the 2007 regulars back on the message boards! Much love to last year's attendees. *muah*

So I have to admit that I'm in a dilly of a pickle this year. Bjork's performance was my impetus to go last year, and for whatever God-knows-why reason, I'm a bit lackluster about it all this year. Plus, I'm weighing Coachella with a possible week-long trip to Costa Rica, and that I will have most likely moved to Jacksonville by the time it rolls around.

Anyone wanna kick me in the ass and get me a little more stoked about Coachella 2008???

chiapet
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Why don't you go look at the lineup and see if you feel kicked in the ass. I don't know, a week in Costa Rica would be nice :)

faxman75
01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Heh Roger Waters closing out the festival with Dark Side of the Moon = Epic!

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Heh Roger Waters closing out the festival with Dark Side of the Moon = Epic!

agreed

chiapet
01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Agreed. I'm not the biggest Roger Waters solo fan, but DSOTM in its entirety will be incredible.

And, you know, I didn't even into headliners last year. Bjork was a tough call, but conflicted with Gogol Bordello. I watched RATM but it wasn't 'epic' like everyone thought it would be (to me, anyway). and I don't like RHCP.

I'm sure there will be tons of other stuff to watch. I'm actually more excited about Portishead, Love & Rockets, Kraftwerk, etc, than I was about headliners last year.

Is this a good time for me to admit I've never even heard of Jack Johnson? :)

faxman75
01-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Yep, I have to study up on Kraftwerk. I'm not very familiar. I think Jack Johnson wont' headline. We will get an addition. I'm truely stumped by that one. He's pretty much a nobody. He had a single or maybe two but that's it.

chiapet
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Yea, I think the poster is too spacious, too, so maybe something more will be added. I'm not too worried about it.

Someone pointed out that Sunday had less bands and more potential adds, but I'm assuming Waters is going to play a long set.

faxman75
01-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Yep, i'm happy happy happy. This exceeded my expectations.

Are you camping again this year too chia? Did we even meet last year? Its' all a blur to me :lol: I was shy and didn't talk a whole to people. I think I said about 8 words to Bird the whole weekend. Hung out with Phuc and Bet a little. Also talked to Danny jigawig and Amanda. I think Vic had a smile on his face the whole weekend.

Anyway i'm damn excited about this year!

dontfeedthebird
01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
I dunno who Jack Jo is.

Dark Side of the Moon in the desert made my nipples tingle

faxman75
01-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Well said. I agree.

jigawig
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
contemplating whether to go based on the line-up...i could just go for the sake of going and possibly seeing old faces again...dark side of the moon in concert would be amazing (just have to be more aggressive about finding the special goodies)...dont know anything about portishead, but from what i hear its good...more than likely i will be there with my patron tequila sunrises and jagerbombers again

MonsoonSeason
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
okay is this the real camping all alone thread or is the other one still active?

y'all fuckin with me

chiapet
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I think we're posting randomly on both. And good to see you!

faxman, I am pretty sure we met, but I was busy being too hot and grouchy. And passing out after the last set from exhaustion. I'm going to do better this year, even if it means I have to practice drinking and dancing in the sun for weeks before hand. I am also much less crabby now anyway because my life isn't sucking as much. Yah! :P

Portishead is really great. That is one of the bands I'm most excited about. You'll hear people whine that they'll be boring "live" - check out some of the live stuff on youtube, though, or pick up the Roseland album (a live album with the NY Philharmonic). I really do think that all of their albums and even singles are solid, but I'm a fan. They also have not been around for several years, so it's awesome to get a chance to finally see them. I can't wait. :)

This year is already feeling a lot different mood wise from the type of bands they have booked so far. Should be interesting.

Have I mentioned how excited I am about Love & Rockets? eeeeeee

MonsoonSeason
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
good to see you too!

kraftwerkday is the best day thus far

chiapet
01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
My. God.
I really didn't believe the people who complained about how much the board sucked right after the lineup was announced last year (I joined a few weeks later). Holy crap, people are a bunch of whiners. Boo hoo, I have to go see 40 or more bands in 3 days and none of them is Radiohead.

So these people just drop off the board in a week or two after they decide they're not going, right? Please say yes. :)

faxman75
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I doubt it, what a fucking uproar though. It's comedic. I saw Portishead in like 1995 maybe during the Dummy tour at the Vic Theater in Chicago. I loved it. Very memorable as they opened up the show with a movie to their music. Very interesting band. I love her voice too. I have all the albums but haven't listened to them in forever so i'm studying up.

I'm downloading some kraftwerk though I hear their show is amazing live, something about robots, sounds good to me. Then the Breeders and the Raconteurs. Man, I haven't been this excited about so many bands in a long time. This is going to be good.

faxman75
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh and Metric and the National and the much talked about Justice. I can't fucking wait.

chiapet
01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
You're lucky - I never got to see Portishead. So i'm really glad I have the chance again. I am still kicking myself that I skipped Justice at Mezzanine (semi-small-ish club here) and now am going to wind up seeing them at the vile concourse. Now that I know they're at Coachella, though, I might end up selling my concourse tix.

Metric is interesting. They're not that great live, but seemed like they were really having fun. I can appreciate that. I mean, CSS was one of my fav sets last year.

I noticed that CSS is putting out a new album soon too. woo :)

sbessiso
01-21-2008, 08:22 PM
i was planning on going alone this whole time, now im kinda, i dunno, scared to make the trek all alone

why??

faxman75
01-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Who is CSS?

chiapet
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes, why??

I did not go until last year because every year my friends would flake on the idea months beforehand. I'm really kicking myself now, I should have just gone by myself all those years.

chiapet
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Cansei de ser Sexy. From last year. You don't remember Lovefoxxx?? Here I will be more helpful:

http://www.myspace.com/canseidesersexy

faxman75
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
I didn't see it. Never heard of them. Interesting.

chiapet
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
or

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2cnOvMFnRvs

I suck and can't embed youtube. But the video is awesome.

faxman75
01-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Holy shit is that fucking trippy!

faxman75
01-21-2008, 08:32 PM
LOL I dig it.

faxman75
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Are they there this year too?

Dave_2006
im totally in!!

MonsoonSeason
how about rappers this year?

spankro, aesop, bonde do role, MIA, little brother, santogold, murs, lucky I am

holy fuck

MonsoonSeason
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
also the streets

chiapet
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
No, they're not, and I doubt they'd be invited back already (despite Hot Chip and Gogol doing back to back appearances). If it makes you feel any better, they are not very good live! LOL that's an understatement really. (I brought them up in comparison to Metric - who really aren't that bad).

The album is good though - you should buy or steal their self-titled album. and as I was mentioning, they have a new one they are working on.

The CSS album though... every single person I've played it for has really really liked it. It's just stupendously catchy.

chiapet
01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
I saw MIA a couple of times last year - I am going to be looking forward to that. Hopefully in a tent, though more probably outdoor stage (like Peaches last year).

chiapet
01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
You might want to stay out of that gay orgy thread, monsoon. You are probably just what they were looking for. :)

(I am not sure why I keep looking at that thread myself)

dontfeedthebird
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
You might want to stay out of that gay orgy thread, monsoon. You are probably just what they were looking for. :)

(I am not sure why I keep looking at that thread myself)

Oh whatever! I'll bring the gay orgy thread to Nolan.

chiapet
01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
I thought you weren't even going? Are you orgying vicariously?

dontfeedthebird
01-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh. you're right.

Big Gay Orgy at the Best Western. (We'll still need a sign though...)

MonsoonSeason
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm just there to keep kids in line

not to line up on the kids

dontfeedthebird
01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
i'm just there to do some lines and some kids. (18 and older, void where prohibited)

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
i'm just there to do some lines and some kids. (18 and older, void where prohibited)

word

KindigerJ
01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=faxman75;418647]
Also talked to Danny jigawig and Amanda.
QUOTE]

I randomly ran into Amanda about a month ago at a gay country bar in Houston! Of course we squealed like schoolgirls and then we hugged so hard I accidently broke her glasses, which were in her cleavage. True story...

faxman75
01-22-2008, 10:56 AM
LOL good stuff

dynamanda
01-22-2008, 11:11 AM
yes its true. the frames are jacked, but the lenses are all good.

i just saw the line up today. super awesome! now i'll work on getting my girlfriend to go. i don't know how she feels about heat/camping/sweating. but we'll see.....

MonsoonSeason
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
just reiterate that kraftwerk is playing

if she doesn't want to come then, I would break up with her

faxman75
01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Is Kraftwerk really that amazing? I mean they use laptops and stuff. I guess we'll see. I'm skeptical. I realize they are innovators and what not but I just don't know.

sbessiso
01-23-2008, 03:51 AM
i gave them whirl and enjoyed it, i pictured myself dancing with some rolls in my system

love and rockets impressed me too

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 04:11 AM
well you're right in that kraftwerk are innovators, but it's more than that. the whole technocratic mindset purported in music like daft punk and nine inch nails (not so big on them) was pioneered by kraftwerk, wherein man sees itself getting lost and/or succeeded by the machine. without them, we'd probably never see most of the dance music coming to coach this year.

besides, it's a marvel that they were even able to make the sounds they were able to make. there was no precedence for the music they were making--they just did it. it's like what the who did with guitars and drums; but these guys had to make their guitars and drums.

faxman75
01-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Gotcha, i'm always hit or miss with electronic acts. I have a love hate relationship with it for some reason. I used to go to raves and just loved loved loved harcore. There was this guy Nicky Fingers who used to blow me away. I always loved Portisehead, the Orb and Orbital were good. I used to watch Liquid MTV and they used to have a killer show called AMP. My favorite video of all time was "The Box" by Orbital. Only recently have I tried to get into a little bit more. I have "buriel". It's decent stuff. I love Daft Punk, but I have no clue about half the DJ's out there. Tiesto really sucked. I don't really dig Oakenfeld.

I guess I would like to know what hardcore dj's are still out there. Is that even still a genre of electronic? I love the NIN sounding stuff.

Anyway, i'm going to creat a thread elsewhere about this as well. :)

alvinfcg
01-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Add me to the list. First time camper. Any suggestions?

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 09:29 AM
fax: get on board the ed banger train. justice, sebastiAn, kravinsky, etc. institubes is really great for that too, as are boyz noize and to a lesser extent junkie xl (much lesser extent). the harder stuff that you like has been transfered to electro for the most part, while NIN is moving more in the alternative direction that they started spooning up on With (uh) Teeth (uh). so give that a shot, I'd say.

alvin: have fun, make friends, don't get too close to the gay orgy tent.

dontfeedthebird
01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
alvin: have fun, make friends, don't get too close to the gay orgy tent.

And if you do have to walk by, cover yourself in saran wrap just in case.

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
right

and bring lube as a peace offering or the natives may eat you alive

KindigerJ
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Monsoon:

You know extremely too much about the ways of the natives. Please divulge the sources of your knowledge.

MonsoonSeason
01-23-2008, 01:00 PM
I have not been eaten by the natives but a drunk one licked my neck and grabbed my balls

I was like

nope

boysdontcry
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
count me in boys and girls.

tiffdud41
01-23-2008, 09:48 PM
hello new old thread.

So, Jor...I know you talk to Dawn. Is she coming this year? I guess I should just call her, huh?

And....John, money is looking like it'll very quickly be a non-issue and I might even be able to start shooting money your way in a couple weeks. I'm so glad you're not a flake. I can't wait to have a less-sweaty Coachella experience.

Boourns
01-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Looks like I'll be camping all alone this year.

faxman75
01-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Monsoon, thanks for the tips!

I'm listening to Feist, why the fuck isn't she going to be there? I love this album. "The Reminder".

sbessiso
01-24-2008, 06:55 AM
you guys are funny

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 07:41 AM
And....John, money is looking like it'll very quickly be a non-issue....

What did you do? Win the lottery? Or start laundering money as part of your new career?

KindigerJ
01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah she called me in the middle of me making a fab dinner last night, but we got some good words in before I had to bolt. I think she may be wavering a bit, like myself, but I'll still throw a message out on here.

krocodile
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
it's my first time doing the whole coachella/camping thing, and it's more than likely gonna be alone. lame. any other noobs in here?

cindychella
01-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Hope everyone here likes to party. This year I’ll already know how easy it is to sneak “party favors” into the campgrounds.

Seriously, on the website it said no alcohol etc. but people were bringing 18 packs of beer without doing much to hide it. I got a handle of vodka but was sneaky about it thinking I was going to get checked. I was almost disappointed they didn't even try to search me after I so diligently hid everything....this year is going to be crrrazzzzyyy!

i'm bringing Chinese firecrackers.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm bringing a fire axe

you just never know

KindigerJ
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Going alone and camping alone does not make you lame. It's a pretty ballsy move. Plus, you're guaranteed to have hella fun cuz you're not tied down to lame-o's who whine about the heat during the day and cold during the night.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 12:53 PM
right and if you're a fuckin' baller than you can bring women back to your tent without having to kick out your tentmate

also probably not a great idea

krocodile
01-24-2008, 01:10 PM
well it's lame that the first time i'm actually getting to go to coachella it's alone, but i'm not willing to miss another year because i have no one to go with. i went to sasquatch last year with two people and sharing a tent wasn't too fun so at least i won't have to worry about that

Rainie
01-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I too am coming for my first ever Coachella experience solo??
Can I come campp with you guys? Please:winkiss

chiapet
01-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey krocodile, are you going to Sasquatch this year too? I'm pretty sure I'm going this year (for the first time).

Camping alone is not lame, pepole are friendly and you won't be alone for long unless you want to be.

chiapet
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh and it's good to see all you people from last year trickling in. Who is really getting hotels and not camping??? Wimps. I am thinking about it, but still actually do want to camp. I've probably forgotten how hot it was.

miscorrections
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm in a house this year, so say hi to the campground for me.

chiapet
01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh oh. And! I have my tickets. I guess camping goes on sale tomorrow?

krocodile
01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
not too sure about sasquatch this year...it's a bitch to get time off work and i've already booked off time for this so we'll see.

did you guys do this camp alone thing last year too? how does it work?

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Corinna, I still owe you a prize. I forget why though.

And K-rock, nice sig.

dogearedbook
01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I spent the last two years in a hotel. Like most people I think my friends are going to flake on me. I think I'm just going to camp. I've heard it's hot but a good kind of crazy.

tiffdud41
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Umm....my money situation...well, I just focused on having enough income to get to go to Coachy, and lo and behold, it's happening!

I'm magic.

And, thanks, Jor, for the update on Dawn. You guys aren't coming, I can just feel it in my bones.

tiffdud41
01-24-2008, 05:41 PM
An' for all you noobs....my first Coachella was two years ago, and I went all by myself. I had a good time, but last year was a blast. I wasn't exactly alone, but I was with this crowd and I had a much better time (even though I was hating life because I was so damn miserably hot).

An' as for being lame for being alone--you're not lame, all the people who flake out or "have to work" are lame for not going with you. Don't buy those people a t-shirt, either, they won't appreciate it.

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Jor!!!!!!!!!!!! Girlfriend, I don't blame you if you skip this year. *lick lick*

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I wasn't exactly alone, but I was with this crowd and I had a much better time.

You're my new Bffdud after last year!

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
wooooohooo, we did it.

I guess now everyone can get on with their thursday night.

Hell yes. Danny can lick Phuc's nuts and we'll be able to continue on with the 2008 thread!!!!!!!!!

chiapet
01-24-2008, 08:29 PM

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Goodnight Solo at the Polo!

chiapet
01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
okay I'm going to run and catch my show. may you find someone to lick or nibble or whateverthefuck you are up to tonight.

sbessiso
01-24-2008, 08:33 PM
wait, so we're here now?

boysdontcry
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
sbessiso, we're jumping from both threads cause we're retarded. lick my balls jiga!

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 08:38 PM
ewww. asian balls.

sbessiso
01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
i do like cream of sum yum gai

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Hell. This message board is gross. *runs away*

sbessiso
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
psh, yeah right

chiapet
01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
what, you have a thing against asians?

so I didn't leave yet. I got distracted by ebay. One of the major regrets in my life regards a pair of multi-colored (mostly purple and turquoise) doc martens and a decision to pay my rent rather than obtain said boots. I've seen them on eBay twice in the last 5 years but NOT in my size.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I have a thing against everybody

chiapet
01-24-2008, 08:52 PM
That's gross.

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Lol. We hate you too Nolan. You're not nearly as cute as you are in your photos.

*has a thing against nolan too*

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 08:55 PM
I know I'm downright hideous

oh and guess what

I cut my hair

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 08:56 PM
now I look like a theoretical physicist BUT THIS WAY I MIGHT GET AN INTERNSHIP

chiapet
01-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh crap, you just reminded me that I have not replied to any of the people who've applied for jobs.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
hey are you in the tv or movie business

'cause I'd love to hear from you

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 09:05 PM
boy, that other thread got a lil' gay...

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
it got crazy gay.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:17 PM
FUCK it is so hard to control every board

I've been trying for the last 10 minutes

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Just calm down my brother.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:20 PM
MAN!

I just

I just wanna be number one again

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:20 PM
man I'm going to get a glass of water and maybe brush my teeth

that always settles a dude down

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Mmm. Monsoon. Mmm. Sbessio. I can't help it.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
you can drink beers with me and then sleep with sbessio

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
actually you should probably run that by sbessio first

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 09:29 PM
As long as you're drunk and slutty first.....

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
sometimes a drunk
always a slut

faxman75
01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
wait wait I thought we left the gay in the other thread? Oh well, I guess this thread can be bi then.

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:37 PM
this thread is a lot like brokeback mountain: it misrepresents gay people and heath ledger is dead

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:37 PM
oh god I'm sorry way too soon

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 09:40 PM
*spits in his hand*

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:40 PM
is that a bad spit or a sheep-herder spit

dontfeedthebird
01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
that's a bend over and i'll figure it out...

faxman75
01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
This thread is officially wrong. lol

MonsoonSeason
01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
This thread is officially wrong. lol

concur

gay'd it up too much

emtgreg
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
fagging up this thread eh?

FANTASTIC

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 06:03 AM
actually you should probably run that by sbessio first

it's been discussed already

beers sound fun!

faxman75
01-25-2008, 06:22 AM
it's been discussed already

beers sound fun!

I think they mean "bears", you know big and hairy dudes.

Just sayin'

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 06:28 AM
bears would be even better, as i am one

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 06:29 AM
i might be alone.

i'm a good looking guy who's nice and has lots of drugs.

who wants to be friends?

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 06:34 AM
ive been seriously wondering how hard is it going to be for me to find some psychadelics??

faxman75
01-25-2008, 06:44 AM
I was thinking about lsd but I haven't heard or seen anyone in years that has had it.

Hook a brutha up...:)

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 06:59 AM
give and you shall receive

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 07:05 AM
sounds like the workings of a deal

chiapet
01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
i might be alone.

i'm a good looking guy who's nice and has lots of drugs.

who wants to be friends?

What, we have to have something to offer now?

Where are all we ugly, sober people going to camp?

chiapet
01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Also, is there such thing as a "too gay" thread? I think not.

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
all you need to offer is hospitality.

im just lookin to find some cool people to hang out with.

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Also, is there such thing as a "too gay" thread? I think not.

i think i love you chiapet

just needed to say that

cooaladoll
01-25-2008, 09:02 AM
never too gay of a thread, but i must say i had to say "whoa cowboy" after i lost the other camping thread and finally decided to start reading/replying to this one. is the original thread fully defunct now? isn't that just a wonderful word? defunct, funct, funky :D

faxman75
01-25-2008, 09:34 AM
give and you shall receive

Consider it done. You have persmission to joing the club!

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 09:58 AM
is this a theoretical camp all alone club, are is everyone here really gunna be camping next to each other?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Well the idea is to actually have a group camp where we are all near eachother and hanging out before and after the show, unless there is all kinds of gay sex going on, I might get intimidated and have to camp elsewhere. heh

dontfeedthebird
01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
no. the idea is camping alone - together. although most of us weren't alone last year after all. (and the camp wasn't nearly this gay so don't worry newcomers).

dontfeedthebird
01-25-2008, 10:36 AM
I was thinking about lsd but I haven't heard or seen anyone in years that has had it.

Back to the issue at hand, I actually saw LSD about 2 months ago. It was hilarious, cuz I haven't seen people carry around jugs of o.j. since 1992.

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
this will be massive amounts of fun, and i think the gay sex camp and the all alone camp will be two separate entities (sp)

im way excited for my first big solo trip

faxman75
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Back to the issue at hand, I actually saw LSD about 2 months ago. It was hilarious, cuz I haven't seen people carry around jugs of o.j. since 1992.

LOL, I haven't done it since the late 90's. I'm ready.

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
LOL, I haven't done it since the late 90's. I'm ready.

waters perhaps?

KindigerJ
01-25-2008, 11:38 AM
ive been seriously wondering how hard is it going to be for me to find some psychadelics??

As was a concern of mine last year... I found one gentleman to barter with one time, then turned all other propositions away. For all who were there last year, I wasn't too out of control was I? With the exception of getting drunk and running out of my tent with those nude undies on the first night. tee hee

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:08 PM
sounds like you found some good shrooms (cid maybe?)

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I'll skip the lsd but I'll hang out with you guys while you do it

hey who knows I might even turn into a snake or something

faxman75
01-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Heh, sounds good to me. I just know I used to love the stuff and with all that lush green grash and wide open spaces I think it would be wonderful to do it. I would totally take my hit on the way in the fast and it would last until right about the end. perfect.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know if I'd describe the polo fields as lush... hahaha

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:30 PM
are you "officially" camping alone monsoon? this thread is too long to tread back to

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:35 PM
yep

I should have kept contacts and relations on the board after coachella, because then I'd be in a house. however, I am armed with knowledge of last year (shower early, no weed, no laptops, bring battery charger, drink tons of water) so I think I'll be able to hold it down.

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
what do you mean no weed??

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
man

friday I ate some cookies with lots of thc dancing inside of them and ended up
1. throwing up during noisettes (where'd they go, anyway?)
2. having a headache
3. passing out for part of busdriver

twas a thing to be sure :/

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
hmm, lesson learned. since im flying there, im not sure if ishould risk smuggling some herb on the plan or have my fingers crossed and try to buy there, along with my psychadelics

i wish coachella was like bonnaroo when it comes to this

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
word on the street is that cali green is life-changing

just cram it in your underwear and make sure you don't get strip searched

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
i dont need weed coming back, i need weed going there

or did i misunderstand that?

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
poor wording choice on my part

if you must bring weed, stuff it in the drawers

if you don't mind dishing out, buy cali green because I hear it is amaaaazing

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:49 PM
word.

im sure peeps will be selling there, i dont really remember in 06, i smuggled weed when i went, but finding shrooms was damn hard, fucking bonnaroo has everything just pouring out

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:51 PM
just stay away from goofy dudes in heineken apparel

actually just don't buy on the festival grounds at all--campgrounds okay, but not the festival grounds.

oh also don't just walk through camp asking people for drugs by their actual names like one girl did last year, hahaha

"you guys have any magic mushrooms or acid?" hahaha

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:52 PM
whats the code word for shrooms and acid?

sin213
01-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Add me to your list! My friends flaked when they saw the lineup, but I won't miss Coachella for anything, so I'm comin' alone. I'm up for some partying!

faxman75
01-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Should I be making a list or some shit? Who put me in charge? I'm flaky.

Fuck....Alright, we'll keep this organized. On April 21st i'll just print out the entire thread and let them know we are comin' and to block off a quarter of the field for us.

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 12:57 PM
no kidding?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Alright, just keep checkin' page one for updated info. Though, it's not updated yet.

What i'm going to do is tell everyone on the first page of the thread to send me a pm if they want to be part of the group. Then tally the list from there.

sin213
01-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Heh, sounds good to me. I just know I used to love the stuff and with all that lush green grash and wide open spaces I think it would be wonderful to do it. I would totally take my hit on the way in the fast and it would last until right about the end. perfect.

I did cid in '06 right before Massive Attack and TOOL, then went and danced in the rave dome and watched the tesla coil until the line of security guards pushed everyone out. If anyone else was there, they'll remember all of us fans lining up against the security line trying to get them to play Red Rover.

LOL! Good times!

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Alright, updated.

Bird, once it got close to festival time last year, who and how did you ask for the area on the campground? Did you just send a PM to PF letting her know the deal or did you just arrive that day with the list and give it to the camp folks?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm a litte worried because I haven't don it in so very long but I think i'm excited to do it again.

sin213
01-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Alright, updated.

Bird, once it got close to festival time last year, who and how did you ask for the area on the campground? Did you just send a PM to PF letting her know the deal or did you just arrive that day with the list and give it to the camp folks?

It says in the camping FAQs that whoever is there first should tell the registration people how many you have joining you. Then when the others get there, they say they are part of the "Camping Alone Group" or whatever you want to list the group as and they will direct all those in the group to the area.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 01:30 PM
whats the code word for shrooms and acid?

prolly just booms and cid, just don't be all "excuse me do you know where I can 'score' some ecstasy?"

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Word, double word.

I needs to purchase me campin' tix.

So vic is bailing this year. dymanda said she was comin' with her lady love. Phuc said he was comin'. Danny was on the fence but sounded close to sayin' he was in.

I bet we get a bigger group this year.

I'm gonna try to come Thursday night this time around. We shall see though. Still have plenty o' time to plan.

Nolan and Sin, your info has been received.

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll work on a Zazzle Solo Campers shirt for 2008 as well. Heh, I made one and wore it last year but I don't think anyone else was much interested. We'll see. When i'm baked i will fuck around with the shirts. Since it's fucking hot, it will be a white shirt with a black or different color lettering.

word.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
maybe white and pink like the ed banger vol 2 tee shirts?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Nolan, do you have any fucking idea what phrase you used that was cracking me the fuck up last year. It was like home skillet but like 50X more funny.

I can't think of it.