PDA

View Full Version : Coachella ticket guys...

cuete
01-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey, not everyone can afford 3 a day pass!!!

Me for example... you should consideer that guys. Whoever is in charge of tickets at the festival. I need a 1 day pass or I won't be able to go.

fober
01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
You act like going to this festival on your own terms is a given right or something.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I say keep trying or find people who want to go on the other days and pool your $$ together.

otherwise you are SOL.

cuete
01-28-2007, 12:59 AM
You act like going to this festival on your own terms is a given right or something.

Haha... of course is not a right but I really want to go ;)

hangthedj112
01-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Haha... of course is not a right but I really want to go ;)

If you REALLY REALLY wanted to go you'd find a way to purchase a three day pass.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 02:15 AM
This isn't a Rage Against The Machine reunion concert. It's a music festival.

Honestly, I want to see Rage, but all the Rage fanboys are really screwing up my plans. Coachella may turn out to be more trouble and more money than it's worth this year. It's sad.

Diggla36
01-28-2007, 02:40 AM

Honestly, I want to see Rage, but all the Rage fanboys are really screwing up my plans.

Have you ever seen them live before? If you have, then you would realize how rediculous your statement is. Its 3 days (minus one band) of opening acts....then the hands down best live band of our generation. There will be plenty of good performances no doubt.....but not one of them (or all of them together) is worth breaking yourself and flying across the country (or the pond) for......Rage (especially for possibly only one show) is all by themselves. Not saying that as a "fanboy".......Im saying that as a witness......a RATM show IS something exceptional to experience. The only thing that could make sunday any better is if they added The Vandals, Hieroglyphics and Rush....otherwise there is no way to improve on you getting to see Rage Against the Machine if you like live music.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Have you ever seen them live before? If you have, then you would realize how rediculous your statement is. Its 3 days (minus one band) of opening acts....then the hands down best live band of our generation. There will be plenty of good performances no doubt.....but not one of them (or all of them together) is worth breaking yourself and flying across the country (or the pond) for......Rage (especially for possibly only one show) is all by themselves. Not saying that as a "fanboy".......Im saying that as a witness......a RATM show IS something exceptional to experience. The only thing that could make sunday any better is if they added The Vandals, Hieroglyphics and Rush....otherwise there is no way to improve on you getting to see Rage Against the Machine if you like live music.

Spoken like a true fanboy. It's funny how you're careful to point out that you're NOT a fanboy, which you clearly are. Your post make that much obvious.

I've seen Rage 4 times. The first time was at Coachella 6 or 7 years ago. They're good.

Diggla36
01-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Spoken like a true fanboy. It's funny how you're careful to point out that you're NOT a fanboy, which you clearly are. Your post make that much obvious.

I've seen Rage 4 times. The first time was at Coachella 6 or 7 years ago. They're good.

hahaha nah im not a fanboy (used as a pejorative)....im just stoked....and there aint no shame in my game. Ive seen everybody on the bill that I would be interested in seeing (although The Good, the Bad, and the Queen would be interesting)...but none of them are worth me shelling out money, taking off work, and flying across the country for.......Rage coming back for one show deffinetly is. Why? Because they are better than just "good"....they're "That" good.

fatbastard
01-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Mantra for ticket discussion.

Tickets are available for all 3 days.

You missed the opportunity to purchase 3 day passes

You will have to pay extra to buy tickets for each day individually

You are able to buy tickets from Goldenvoice or Ticketmaster

Don't allow the message board hype to sway you into thinking otherwise.

farmer dan
01-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Honestly, I want to see Rage, but all the Rage fanboys are really screwing up my plans. Coachella may turn out to be more trouble and more money than it's worth this year. It's sad.

I'm with ya bro. I love rage against the machine to death, and they ARE the main reason I'm spending so much money and traveling across the country to go this, but you can bet I'll be out there rockin out to every kickass band I can possibly fit into my viewing schedule. And I hope I'm not just out there for the other bands with only a handful of other people while everyone else just crowds the main stage waiting on RAGE. Even if you do spend the entire time just waitin on rage while I'm off taking in as much as possible from the other stages and bands, I'll still manage to get in front of you at the last minute, unless you're a lot shorter than me and wouldn't be able to see. In that case I'll just squish you and make room for someone else. so yeah, don't waste your time trying to get a good spot. its only gonna be taken from you anyway, if not by me then someone else. and shit, you make take the spot back from us. its a free-for-all!!!! keep in mind I'm just talking out of my ass. Quit hating on fans of other bands just cuz you may not particularly like them. this concert is about bringing together fans of different talented bands and creative music and giving everyone something to enjoy. would all you arcade fire fans(just an example, no reference to their music or the people that listen to it; I love them as well) rather be surrounded by fans of Rage Against the Machine and The Roots(also just examples) or little teeny bopper Staind and Hinder fans??? The point is that we're all going to coachella to enjoy music thats not absolute mediocre crap. We're all fans of the true greatness of music and power of song. Is that not enough to unite us all for this glorious event of the ages? ENJOY the festival people, and let others enjoy as well!!!!! If a band is playing that you don't like, don't surround yourself with fans of them and talk about how much the music sucks or how stupid they are for listening to it. Let them have their fucking moment, and go have yours

farmer dan
01-28-2007, 05:42 PM
damnit, where'd I set the blunt?!?

vinylmartyr
01-28-2007, 05:49 PM
When Evil Empire came out I took the cd out of the case and put a post it inside that said "I bet this disappoints you" cause I was sick of people put it on when the came over.

Domicelka
01-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm with ya bro. I love rage against the machine to death, and they ARE the main reason I'm spending so much money and traveling across the country to go this, but you can bet I'll be out there rockin out to every kickass band I can possibly fit into my viewing schedule. And I hope I'm not just out there for the other bands with only a handful of other people while everyone else just crowds the main stage waiting on RAGE. Even if you do spend the entire time just waitin on rage while I'm off taking in as much as possible from the other stages and bands, I'll still manage to get in front of you at the last minute, unless you're a lot shorter than me and wouldn't be able to see. In that case I'll just squish you and make room for someone else. so yeah, don't waste your time trying to get a good spot. its only gonna be taken from you anyway, if not by me then someone else. and shit, you make take the spot back from us. its a free-for-all!!!! keep in mind I'm just talking out of my ass. Quit hating on fans of other bands just cuz you may not particularly like them. this concert is about bringing together fans of different talented bands and creative music and giving everyone something to enjoy. would all you arcade fire fans(just an example, no reference to their music or the people that listen to it; I love them as well) rather be surrounded by fans of Rage Against the Machine and The Roots(also just examples) or little teeny bopper Staind and Hinder fans??? The point is that we're all going to coachella to enjoy music thats not absolute mediocre crap. We're all fans of the true greatness of music and power of song. Is that not enough to unite us all for this glorious event of the ages? ENJOY the festival people, and let others enjoy as well!!!!! If a band is playing that you don't like, don't surround yourself with fans of them and talk about how much the music sucks or how stupid they are for listening to it. Let them have their fucking moment, and go have yours
Well said!

farmer dan
01-28-2007, 07:00 PM
why thank ya darlin'

farmer dan
01-28-2007, 08:01 PM
haha, that would be a bad deal. I'll bring some pepto-bismol just in case