PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting Rock Band tomorrow?

All That I Am
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
and what are you gonna name your band?

Deviate_420
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I reserved it today. i want to name my band small nice voodoo daddy

PassiveTheory
11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Smack My Bitch Up

menikmati
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Brown Cow

Yablonowitz
11-19-2007, 05:17 PM
You are totally shitting on C DUB YA with this thread you douche.

bug on your lip
11-19-2007, 06:53 PM
i have a Wii now
when does it come out for Wii ?

rage patton
11-19-2007, 07:23 PM
i have a Wii now
when does it come out for Wii ?

I heard sometime in January. I dont know for sure though.

All That I Am
11-19-2007, 09:03 PM
My friends are all comming over as soon as I get out of work.
We've settled on the name The Rolling Blackouts, but Los Welfareros came a close second.
Its funny because these are the same guys I used pick up brooms with and play airguitar while we were watching Mtv as kids (back in the old days they used to show music videos on music television).

york707
11-19-2007, 09:06 PM
What is Rock Band?

menikmati
11-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty much buying it for the sole purpose of playing, and singing along to In Bloom. The fact I have to get it on PS2 (waiting til Dec.) and not being able to download exclusive tracks (strictly for 360 and PS3 - including all of Nevermind!) sucks. I really need a PS3...

mountmccabe
11-19-2007, 09:24 PM
What is Rock Band?

Do you know what Guitar Hero is? I think it is something like that except that there are more instruments.

basically I am attempting to bait someone who actually knows into revealing something.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
11-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Guitar Hero III is keeping me plenty busy for the time being.

york707
11-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I have heard of Guitar Hero, but for the life of me, I can't fucking figure out the appeal. Why not play Simon Says with music playing in the background? Or, you know, learn how to PLAY guitar in the time you spend playing a freaking video game.

Wheres the beef?
11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I have heard of Guitar Hero, but for the life of me, I can't fucking figure out the appeal. Why not play Simon Says with music playing in the background? Or, you know, learn how to PLAY guitar in the time you spend playing a freaking video game.

Time spent learning guitar hero: about 4-5 hours
Time spent learning the guitar: about 4-5 decades

rage patton
11-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Rock Band = Guitar Hero... but with guitar, bass, drums and vocals.

Mr.Nipples
11-19-2007, 09:38 PM
pick up a real instrument...

Deviate_420
11-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty much buying it for the sole purpose of playing, and singing along to In Bloom. The fact I have to get it on PS2 (waiting til Dec.) and not being able to download exclusive tracks (strictly for 360 and PS3 - including all of Nevermind!) sucks. I really need a PS3...

I will sell you mine for 50 bucks if I can have another reunion band for my festival...

Sexecutioner
11-20-2007, 12:01 PM
dude, i didnt even know about this game until i saw this thread, then started reading up on it, and now i cant fuckin wait to get it! i have a ps3 that i got as a gift and all it does it collect dust cuz im not that big into gaming consoles anymore, not to mention there isnt a very good selection of games for it.

but this game...man, it looks siiick! perfect for people like me who have always wanted to be in a rock band but dont have any musical talent, lol. its crazy all the shit that goes with it like the online part, and all the add on music you can download later. now i need to think up a sweet band name.

marooko
11-20-2007, 02:08 PM

this is how i feel.

Time spent learning guitar hero: about 4-5 hours

but this is also true. and funny.

JustSteve
11-20-2007, 03:02 PM

if you're retarded. i took about 2 months worth of lessons and then just went for it alone. in about a year i was beginning to be able to play by ear. it's not that hard. "that's what she said."

menikmati
11-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I will sell you mine for 50 bucks if I can have another reunion band for my festival...

Your PS3 for 50 bucks? I'm there...

corbo
11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
what songs are in this game?

All That I Am
11-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Songs of note
Nirvana - In Bloom
Radiohead - Creep
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go?
The Pixies - Wave of Mutilation
Weezer - Say It Aint So
The Stones - Gimme Shelter
Faith No More - Epic
The Strokes - Reptilia
The Hives - Main Offender

My arms are sore from drumming.

Sexecutioner
11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
i just bought this last night, and must say its pretty fuckin fun, especially the drums. i have a feeling i am going to get super addicted to this. like, all i can think about right now is leaving work so i can go home and create a band. we just need to think up a good name.

its great cuz my chick loves to sing, and actually has a pretty good voice, so for her its like a karaoke machine, while i get to live out my fantasy of being a rock star. they have some pretty fun songs on there to rock out to. the only problem is we live in a little apartment, so i think the neighbors are going to hate us pretty soon. oh well, fuck em...

woogie846
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I only have the Wii, but I probably won't get Rock Band anways whenever it comes out. I'll be mooching off my friend who has it and just playing it at his house.

Wheres the beef?
11-28-2007, 08:28 PM
if you're retarded. i took about 2 months worth of lessons and then just went for it alone. in about a year i was beginning to be able to play by ear. it's not that hard. "that's what she said."

thats what she said!

Sexecutioner
11-28-2007, 10:50 PM
dude, thats the most fun ive had playing a video game in a really long time...

my buddy came over who was talking shit on it earlier, then he had so much fun we ended up starting a band and played for like 4 hours. now he plans on coming over all the time, lol.

summerkid
11-28-2007, 10:55 PM
My friend has this and i went over and played it for hours at his house last weekend. God damn none of us can sing for shit though so we have to alternate as the singer.

luckyface
01-18-2008, 01:12 PM
So Rock Band is the best video game ever, pretty much. Instead of posting in various threads, I thought it would be nice to bring this back to the top.

Next week's downloads: Oasis 3-pack featuring Live Forever, Don't Look Back in Anger, and Wonderwall. The week after: Siva! And for those wanting to keep tabs, here are all of the downloadable songs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#Downloadable_content).

ruetheday
01-18-2008, 01:16 PM
My friends bought it, It's pretty great.

We failed on nirvana due to my refusal to play the guitar for it.

canexplain
01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
i bought one last week for my ps3 ... hooked it up to make sure everything works, but havent done much yet with it .. i have a 4 day weekend coming up, me thinks i will get the know the "game" then .... canx**

Sexecutioner
01-18-2008, 01:24 PM
So Rock Band is the best video game ever, pretty much. Instead of posting in various threads, I thought it would be nice to bring this back to the top.

Next week's downloads: Oasis 3-pack featuring Live Forever, Don't Look Back in Anger, and Wonderwall. The week after: Siva! And for those wanting to keep tabs, here are all of the downloadable songs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band#Downloadable_content).

haha, we are in total agreement. best game ever. im glad you brought back this thread. im enjoying guitar on my iron lung lately. but besides that i usually play drums, they are so fuckin fun! im stoked on that oasis. dont look back in anger should be a fun one.

our band name is "The Sexecutioners", lol. me on drums, my gf singing, and my buddy playing guitar.

also, dont forget, individual guitars will start being sold feb 5th. so you will be able to play as a 4 piece.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
hell yes for the oasis pack. all the tracks are sweeeeeeeeeet.

why Siva from the pumpkins? why not 1979 or Zero????

luckyface
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I already played as a 4-piece many a time because of my 2 GH-II guitars. So much better than that piece of shit one included with Rock Band. It doesn't get much better than when you add that 4th person.

Me and my brother's band, MT Ballz (don't ask hahaha), got inducted into the Hall of Fame already. So I have that going for me.

I still am slightly partial to the guitar, although the drums are really cool, no doubt! I just started rocking the hard skill level on guitar finally, so I want to keep going with that. Pretty soon, I will make the jump from easy to medium on the drums.

luckyface
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
i bought one last week for my ps3 ... hooked it up to make sure everything works, but havent done much yet with it .. i have a 4 day weekend coming up, me thinks i will get the know the "game" then .... canx**

Dude, you are going to be so hooked. Make sure you have someone to play it with. It increases the fun level-exponentially with each person you add.

tessalasset
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
OH my god Im so excited dude. We have to play ALL those Oasis songs. Do you want me to bring my GH guitar? Or are you set?

luckyface
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
I am all set. I have three guitars at my disposal. I don't think your guitar would be compatible anyway, but I appreciate the offer ;)

Sexecutioner
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I already played as a 4-piece many a time because of my 2 GH-II guitars. So much better than that piece of shit one included with Rock Band. It doesn't get much better than when you add that 4th person.

Me and my brother's band, MT Ballz (don't ask hahaha), got inducted into the Hall of Fame already. So I have that going for me.

I still am slightly partial to the guitar, although the drums are really cool, no doubt! I just started rocking the hard skill level on guitar finally, so I want to keep going with that. Pretty soon, I will make the jump from easy to medium on the drums.

"So I have that going for me." LOL, isnt that from caddyshack? and how did you get HOF status? im gonna have to get the band together for some serious practice this weekend. I want to be inducted too!

GH guitars dont work on PS3. and at least rock band guitars look way cooler. i didnt understand why they were worse though till i played GH, and realized its that little click when you strum. feeling the click helps so much to be able to time the strumming. oh well, at least we are playing a strat instead of those stupid toy looking things you guys have. :)

i can drum about half songs on hard, but the harder songs i have to drum on medium. i cant really play anything on hard with guitar. that damn bottom fret fucks me up every time.

canexplain
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
"So I have that going for me." LOL, isnt that from caddyshack? and how did you get HOF status? im gonna have to get the band together for some serious practice this weekend. I want to be inducted too!

GH guitars dont work on PS3. and at least rock band guitars look way cooler. i didnt understand why they were worse though till i played GH, and realized its that little click when you strum. feeling the click helps so much to be able to time the strumming. oh well, at least we are playing a strat instead of those stupid toy looking things you guys have. :)

i can drum about half songs on hard, but the harder songs i have to drum on medium. i cant really play anything on hard with guitar. that damn bottom fret fucks me up every time.

i went to the rockband site a few weeks ago, to the forum, and they are going off on the fact that you cannot use the gh hardware ... there is suppose to be a fix in, but i hear it has been promised for a while now .... i think by the time they get the fix out, i will have broken my strat :( canx** i think it is that darn bowstring i use :)

bug on your lip
01-18-2008, 02:30 PM
when is this shit comin out for Wii

fuck me

luckyface
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM

Yep, that was a Caddyshack reference! That sucks you can't use the GH guitars on PS3. Works great for the Xbox. That strum bar is the worst, and that's what I was referring to when I called it a POS. Supposedly, they are breaking a lot too for other people, so I would imagine the new one they are selling solo will be much better constructed.

The orange fret is a bitch at first, especially if you are used to just putting your four fingers on the first four frets, but once you master the hand shift, it is pretty easy. It just becomes a matter of training your brain to process the shift. That's pretty sweet you can already play drums on hard. I haven't tried medium but I think I should attempt it soon.

luckyface
01-18-2008, 02:35 PM
when is this shit comin out for Wii

fuck me

Has it been announced for the Wii at all? For some reason I thought it was out, but then I remembered it was GH3 that came out for Wii. If they don't announce it, then you should buy an Xbox.

Sexecutioner
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Ron, the problem is with Activision. check out this statement from Harmonix:

PS3 Guitar Compatibility - UPDATE 12/12/2007
Hi Everyone,

As we have said in the past, Harmonix and MTV Games believe in an open standard philosophy of hardware and game compatibility. We think that there should be interoperability between music instrument controllers across all music games. This is clearly in the best interest of consumers, game developers and console manufacturers and will only help to grow the music game genre as well as inspire innovation and creativity.

Two weeks ago, Harmonix created a software patch for the Sony PLAYSTATION 3 version of Rock Band that allowed for guitar compatibility and support for third party peripherals, including enabling use of Activision's Guitar Hero III controller with Rock Band. The compatibility patch was submitted, approved and had been scheduled for release by Sony on Tuesday, December 4. Unfortunately, Activision objected to the compatibility patch's release. The patch remains with Sony, but we have been told that it will unfortunately not be released due to Activision's continued objection.

As is the case with the Microsoft Xbox360, we believe that Sony PLAYSTATION 3 users should be able to use the peripheral of their choice with Rock Band. We sincerely hope that Activision will reverse its decision and allow release of the compatibility patch and further, that Activision will allow Guitar Hero III to support Rock Band guitar controllers as well. We welcome all third party developers who wish to support our controllers and will provide any required support in order for them to do so.

We believe that when consumers have choice, everyone wins. Harmonix and MTV Games hope that Activision and others will also adopt this philosophy.

Sincerely,
The Harmonix Team

Sexecutioner
01-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Has it been announced for the Wii at all? For some reason I thought it was out, but then I remembered it was GH3 that came out for Wii. If they don't announce it, then you should buy an Xbox.

i heard they are planning to come out with a wii version eventually. i dont know when though.

bug on your lip
01-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Ron, the problem is with Activision. check out this statement from Harmonix:

was there something about Wii in there...
sorry, i don't speak nerd

Sexecutioner
01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
was there something about Wii in there...
sorry, i don't speak nerd

no, that wasnt about wii, that post was for ron, talking about guitar compatibility with ps3.

as for wii, i remember reading somewhere that they planned to eventually release it on wii, but they didnt give a timetable.

00011000 11001100

Sexecutioner
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
ps. they need to come out with a pearl jam pack, ASAP!!!

Sexecutioner
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
pps. im going to go play right now.

Sexecutioner
02-01-2008, 11:54 PM
my band just got inducted into the hall of fame, bitches!

and we hadnt even practiced in weeks!

oh, btw, siva by the pumpkins is fun as hell on guitar.

bballarl
02-01-2008, 11:57 PM
My band with my friends is called Subtle Vagina. I sing. One friend is a mainstay on drums. Four other friends switch off guitar. We are currently on hiatus because the drummer goes to school in Scotland. I am so excited to dominate Oasis songs on vocals.

luckyface
02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Just finished off the hard tour on guitar, and am plowing through Expert.

One of my band's is Gabe's Bandaid. We fucking rule pretty hardcore, although we could use some more practice time.

canexplain
02-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Just finished off the hard tour on guitar, and am plowing through Expert.

One of my band's is Gabe's Bandaid. We fucking rule pretty hardcore, although we could use some more practice time.

you suck dude, i got hung up in life and havent hit my system since i bought it .. :) congrats .. i saw last night at best buy a new guitar made esp for the ps3, a black one that looked pretty cool ... 60 bucks ... i suppose you could use it as the bass ..... let me know how it keeps going, tnx .. canx**

noisemachine
02-02-2008, 08:30 AM
oh, btw, siva by the pumpkins is fun as hell on guitar.
Is that in one of the extra packs you can buy? And if so, which one?

fasttrack
02-02-2008, 08:47 AM
i don't play this game nearly enough.

luckyface
02-02-2008, 10:04 AM

It is for sale individually, not in a pack. Just released on Tuesday.

Some good stuff on the schedule for the future.

"Shooting Star" Bad Company 2008-03-11
"Simple Man" Lynyrd Skynyrd 2008-03-11
"Message in a Bottle" The Police 2008-03-11

Nine Inch Nails Pack
"March of the Pigs"
"The Collector"
"The Perfect Drug" March 18, 2008

Metal Pack
"Wrathchild" Iron Maiden
"Supernaut" Black Sabbath
"Fuel" Metallica March 25, 2008

luckyface
02-02-2008, 10:05 AM
you suck dude, i got hung up in life and havent hit my system since i bought it .. :) congrats .. i saw last night at best buy a new guitar made esp for the ps3, a black one that looked pretty cool ... 60 bucks ... i suppose you could use it as the bass ..... let me know how it keeps going, tnx .. canx**

Come on man. Priorities! You should be playing this all of the time. When you do get down to playing, enlighten us with your thoughts.

Sexecutioner
02-02-2008, 10:07 AM

its not a pack, its just a single song you can purchase and download. i think it just came out in the last week or 2. the oasis pack is pretty fun too. just played those last night for the first time. i wish they had champagne supernova though.

edit: whoops, luckface beat me to it.

All That I Am
02-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I've been playing rockband nonstop!
I'm a beast on the drums. I'm almost finished with hard on drums, I have four songs left.
I've downloaded every song there is so far, and i can't wait till March of the Pigs comes out. I swear someone is gonna get hurt playing that song.

My girlfriend and I play regularly, on weekends we always have a group of people over and play as a full band.
A few weeks ago we picked up a tamborine and mic stand. They really make singing vocals a lot more fun. We're working on picking up a cowbell too.