PDA

View Full Version : Open Bar?

Deviate_420
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
So I am flying to Arizona on Wednesday at 9 am for thanksgiving at my dads. Any chance they will serve booze on the hour and a half flight.

J~$$$
11-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Your plane not making it safely to its destination is in my thoughts and prayers.

TomAz
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Of course they will serve booze. $5 a beer. Exact change greatly appreciated.

algunz
11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
BYOB

captncrzy
11-19-2007, 12:56 PM
On a 1.5 hour flight they'll do one beverage service. If you want more, you'll have to get up and hunt down a flight attendant in the back of the plane. They'll be back there reading magazines.

TomAz
11-19-2007, 12:57 PM
and bitching about management.

Courtney
11-19-2007, 01:09 PM
If you want to be classy, bring a flask.

TomAz
11-19-2007, 01:09 PM
not with security rules these days

J~$$$
11-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Pocket shots! The brahs love em.

Courtney
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I didn't think about that. Bring an empty flask through security and then fill it up at the airport bar? This could get complicated.

algunz
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
There are non-metal flasks, but oh yeah, now they have that no liquid thing. That's a bitch.

Deviate_420
11-19-2007, 01:25 PM
I was thinking about getting sauced before I left my apartment but i don't want to be handcuffed and choke myself trying to escape. I wonder if they will let me on with an unopened bottle of wine.

TomAz
11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
no you won't get through security with more than 3 oz liquids. opened or not.

J~$$$
11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Have you ever been on a plane before?

Deviate_420
11-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, but never for only an hour and a half flight.

J~$$$
11-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Just drink in the airport bar.

algunz
11-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Make yourself some pot brownies.

Bud Luster
11-19-2007, 02:35 PM
no you won't get through security with more than 3 oz liquids. opened or not.

WTF Tom? You're right in my book again today. on the plane trip to Vegoose they took a travel size can of shave gel from me cuz of this. They want all liquids in clear containers too. They didnt even question my razor, though, must not have seen it.

crazzz2007
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
If you want to be classy, bring a flask.

not with security rules these days

Bring an empty flask. Buy a bottle of alcohol once you get past security. Pour alcohol into empty flask. Drink from flask.

Done.

P.S. You can obviously also drink from the bottle, but flask is cooler.

captncrzy
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I was thinking about getting sauced before I left my apartment but i don't want to be handcuffed and choke myself trying to escape. I wonder if they will let me on with an unopened bottle of wine.

Nope. And, if you get sauced ahead of time, make sure you don't smell and you can control your speech/walking. They can deny you boarding for being drunk on the flight.

Bring an empty flask. Buy a bottle of alcohol once you get past security. Pour alcohol into empty flask. Drink from flask.

Done.

P.S. You can obviously also drink from the bottle, but flask is cooler.

I've never seen alcohol bottles for sale in the airport other than in the Duty Free shops. Just buy a couple of drinks when you get your drink service.

xbnmx
11-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Everytime I've flown on Christmas and Christmas Eve its been an open bar.

ThomThom
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
You can ask for a double, one regular drink of choice and two bottles of liquor each time the stewardess strolls by. Of course they will charge you $10for it but in about an hour and half for $30 you can at least have 3 orders, which will in turn give you a nice buzz before exiting the plane. I do it every time I have to fly to San Francisco, Vegas, or AZ.

Wheres the beef?
11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
I think more to the point here is......You cant wait the 90 minutes for your plane to land to get sauced?

Oh and FYI, if you booze it up at the airport bar before you get on the plane make sure you go to the bathroom before you get on the plane or immediately after you get on the plane. Because once everyone is seated and they start going through the pre-flight stuff its a loooooooooong wait before they get to cruising altitude before you can get up and go to the bathroom. Be warned. I speak from experience.

xbnmx
11-20-2007, 04:20 AM
You know that you can just walk in and take a piss anyway right...

TomAz
11-20-2007, 06:09 AM
WTF Tom? You're right in my book again today. on the plane trip to Vegoose they took a travel size can of shave gel from me cuz of this. They want all liquids in clear containers too. They didnt even question my razor, though, must not have seen it.

they shouldn't be taking travel size shaving gel (< 3 oz) unless you didn't have it packed properly (in the 1 qt plastic bag with all the other liquids) and pulled out for security.

Shaving razors are ok cuz they can't be turned into bombs the way shampoo and conditioner can.

http://www.tsa.gov/graphics/images/311_header.jpg

captncrzy
11-20-2007, 07:34 AM
While we're talking about non-frequent flyers..

1) please wear shoes that are easy to take off (translation=flip flops). You WILL NEED to take your shoes off at security and put them in a bin. No one wants to wait for you to unlace your thigh high docs or whatever pain in the ass shoes you are wearing.

2) Get those 3.2oz or less liquids in a clear plastic baggie and GET THE BAGGIE OUT. This will also need to go in a bin. If you don't get it out ahead of time, you'll have to have your bag rerun and, quite possibly, have your bag searched. This will also piss off the people behind you.

3) Girls, go through your purses and make sure you take out your Shout pens, lipglosses, hand sanitizers, lotions, douches, or any other liquids you regularly carry around with you. Forgetting these will ALSO cause a bag search, therefore pissing off the people behind you.