PDA

View Full Version : Hotel IN INDIO available for Coachella!

coachella-hotels
01-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone, how are you? I am definitely looking forward to Coachella 2007! It is going to be yet another amazing year with an extra day of madness.

If anyone is interested, I have THREE rooms available at a hotel IN INDIO (extremely close to the venue) that I am looking to transfer to people in need of a place to stay. The hotel is COMPLETELY sold out.

I am NOT looking to "scalp" hotel rooms and charge and arm and a leg for these rooms. Since I got the rooms a long time ago the price of the rooms is LESS than any other hotel room in the area (if you can find one).

I have 1 room available for FOUR nights (Thurs - Monday) and 2 rooms available for THREE nights (Friday - Monday).

Please e-mail me here or at funtimes818@gmail.com for all the information. Let me know what room you're interested in and I'll send you all the info!

Thanks.

erselone
01-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Sent you an email. Please email all details. Thanks

barrio
01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Hotel Roachella

blake
01-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Sending an email.

SoCalCoachella
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
---

SoCalCoachella
01-27-2007, 11:37 PM
---

le_saavs
01-28-2007, 08:26 AM
it is SO hard to find a room. i met someone in 05 that paid for a room in NOVEMBER 04... i def. sent you an email.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 08:49 AM
I bet this guy is a room scalper selling reservations only.

schoolshooter
01-28-2007, 09:21 AM
El rancho lodge in palm springs still has rooms available at good prices.

bmack86
01-28-2007, 09:29 AM
:spam

schoolshooter
01-28-2007, 10:56 AM
My post is certainly not spam. After spending three hours trying to book a hotel at a reasonable price i found this place. I booked friday and they said they still had lots of rooms available. My room was $119 a night. This after seeing rooms going for double everywhere else i looked. Just trying to help.

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't trust the 1 poster, just here to "hook" us good people up with rooms. Approach with caution.

Melissa
01-28-2007, 02:36 PM
El rancho lodge in palm springs still has rooms available at good prices.

We stayed here last year - nice place. Owners are very helpful and laid back. They even let me borrow a wireless hub so I could use my laptop outside. Ask for Room 11. It is detached from the other rooms, has a little kitchen, and a private patio. Very relaxing way to start the day.

blake
01-28-2007, 07:10 PM
The guy sent me an email. It seems really dubious. The "send me money and then I'll transfer you the room" sorta thing.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
The guy sent me an email. It seems really dubious. The "send me money and then I'll transfer you the room" sorta thing.

Told ya...at best, he's a room reservation scalper.

DeltaSigChi4
01-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Send me money and I'll send you the product/provide the service later ....

that's a no-go.

E

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
He sent me an email as well. WTF? Was i that critical of his post?

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 07:45 PM
paypal does indeed insure - so its safe to go with this guys offer, me thinks

coachella-hotels
01-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I have gotten a lot of responses to my posting and have e-mailed everyone with the hotel information. I will post it here as well. I have THREE rooms available. I have already paid for the rooms and they are CONFIRMED reservations.

Room #1 - Three nights (Friday - Monday)
Room #2 - Three nights (Friday - Monday)
Room #3 - FOUR nights (Thursday - Monday)

The three night stay is $200 per night ($600 total) and the four night stay is also $200 per night ($800 total). The hotel is 5 miles away from the polo fields IN INDIO. The next closest hotel of the same brand is in Palm Desert and going for $243 - $309 per night.

The hotels reservations are ready to be transfered following a PayPal funds transfer. If you are worried about fraud, don't be. PayPal would cover that and I can assure you I have better things to do with my time than steal people's money.

If you are interested, e-mail me. The rooms are ready for transfer and all payments through PayPal are covered for anything you may be worried about.

if you don't want the rooms, then don't get them. If you are interested e-mail funtimes818@gmail.com

Thanks!

DeltaSigChi4
01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Paypal offers some insurance if you enjoy jumping through hoops and waiting for six (6) months to get your money back.

Anyone who has dealt with Ebay (selling or buying a lot) knows this.

Use at your discretion.

E

C DUB YA
01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
paypal does indeed insure - so its safe to go with this guys offer, me thinks

I also know there's been a ton of scam artists on these boards in years past, so people are understandibly careful.

coachella-hotels
01-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Yes, there have been scam artists in the past, but I am not one of them. For those who have e-mailed me wanting more information, I have emailed them my reservation confirmation from the hotel (minus name and number). Once the reservation is purchased by you I will transfer it to your name and will email you all the information. You can then call the hotel with the confirmation and your name and they will confirm the transfer.

funtimes818@gmail.com

pewter14
01-28-2007, 08:28 PM
what were the room rates when you reserved them?

what's the markup?

pewter14
01-28-2007, 09:56 PM
I didn't say you were a scam, the rooms are probably legit ... I'm just stating you're making a profit (right?) ... that's all ... just curious what that markup is.

Just because you are charging less then other hotels doesn't mean you are charging less then you'll pay for the rooms ...

just sayin.

(another quick reply time stamp issue)

coachella-hotels
01-28-2007, 09:57 PM
ROOM #1 has been sold. I still have ROOM #2 (3 nights) and ROOM #3 (four nights) available. Email funtimes818@gmail.com for more information or request information here. This is legit and not a scam artist or a "scalper." I am charging LESS than all of the other hotels in Indio of this quality for these nights.

SoCalCoachella
01-29-2007, 07:55 AM
---

DeltaSigChi4
01-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Just to ditto what another poster said, Paypal does protect your investment.

Have you ever received a refund from paypal?

How long does it take them give you back the money you've been scammed?

Not everyone can wait six (6) months to get their money back. Try using common sense and stop spreading bad information.

E

coachella-hotels
01-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Update - ROOM #1 has been sold. ROOM #2 has sale pending right now so for the moment it is unavailable. If it falls through i will let everyone know.

The last room left is for FOUR NIGHTS (Room #3) checking in Thursday April 26, 2007 and checking out Monday April 30th, 2007.

SoCalCoachella
01-29-2007, 08:37 AM
---

How long does it take them give you back the money you've been scammed?

Not everyone can wait six (6) months to get their money back. Try using common sense and stop spreading bad information.

E[/QUOTE]

SoCalCoachella
01-30-2007, 06:29 AM
---

coachella-hotels
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
I wanted to let you know that the FOUR-NIGHT stay is STILL available. The two three-night stays have sales pending upon clearing the banks and being deposited into my PayPal account.

The total for the 4-night stay is $800.00 ($200 per night for the hotel) Please contact me at funtimes818@gmail.com if you are interested in this room. It is IN INDIO, 5 miles from the venue, and at $200 a night is a GREAT DEAL.

Let me know if interested. funtimes818@gmail.com

Thanks!

C DUB YA
01-31-2007, 07:54 PM
ROOM #1 has been sold. I still have ROOM #2 (3 nights) and ROOM #3 (four nights) available. Email funtimes818@gmail.com for more information or request information here. This is legit and not a scam artist or a "scalper." I am charging LESS than all of the other hotels in Indio of this quality for these nights.

he never responded to this - so of course he's making a killin.

PEOPLE DONT GET THAT LAST ROOM, there are other options cheaper.

SoCalCoachella
01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
---

C DUB YA
01-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Okay, let's put aside camping for a minute. What other options are available? If he's charging $200 a night, how is that an unfair price? I've stayed @ that hotel in past years, it's wonderful, nice, CLOSE, etc. I also have been looking for friends coming from out of town, and haven't found anything remotely close to this.

All I'm saying, is that if you have these OTHER OPTIONS, why not share them with the board? Otherwise, allow people to buy/sell as they wish so they have a comfortable place to lay their head after Bjork, RHCP, or Rage.

Here's an example. Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert is $250. Why not save some money AND be closer? What's the problem here?

All I'm saying he's making profit off us fans, he could give 2 shits about the festival, no more, no less.

psychic friend
01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
fair is what YOU paid, not what you can get. What was the price at the time you booked? all i see you talking about is what the market is now. if you want to play the market, do it elsewhere.

C DUB YA
01-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks PF

THE PSYCHIC HAMMER HAS COME DOWN ON THEE!

coachella-hotels
02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I am not making a "killing" on this room that I am selling. When I last checked at this hotel before the rooms sold out the rooms were going from $239 - $309 per night. They sold out. Rooms at the same hotel in Palm Desert (not the Indio one) are also selling for that price.

I am selling this room at $200 per night for the 4-night stay. $800 total for a room IN INDIO, 5 minutes from the venue.

If you can find somewhere cheaper than that and want to stay there you should. If you want the convenience of staying IN INDIO at a nice hotel and dont want to keep worrying about reservations, please contact me at funtimes818@gmail.com

Thank you.

ALSO, please keep in mind that SoCalCoachella wasn't the seller of this room here. Whoever that was is simply posting comments about the room that I have for sale. I am the seller so please contact me for information.

jerpar24
02-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Just Camp all my friends did last year and they said when it goes to Coachella they will never stay in a hotel again...

C DUB YA
02-01-2007, 11:57 AM
He is still making a profit.

Therefore, not face value - therefore a fucking scalper scumbag.

DO NOT BUY HIS SHITTY ROOM!

itsalltoomuch
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
scalper scumbag peice of shit! last year i offered people a room for 39 bucks! you are an asshole and probably aret even going to the fest you jackass! some one contact the hotel and let them know he is marketing their product!

coachella-hotels
02-01-2007, 03:32 PM
a) Yes, I am going to the festival and was planning on using these rooms for myself and my friends

b) I am not going to be needing them all anymore so offering them to people who might need them.

c) The hotel doesn't care. I asked them if I could transfer the rooms and they said, "They're paid for - you can transfer them to whoever you want."

d) If you dont want the rooms, don't buy them. Someone will.

e) If I got these rooms for anywhere near $39, I would offer them for around $39. I didn't. I got them for around $200 a night, which is what I am offering them at.

Thank you.

revisitingnixon
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm still debating whether to camp on-site or get a hotel room. Either way I was doing some reasearch on the topic, and found this nifty info on finding a hotel room at Coachella. It might be useful to some of you, so it wouldn't be any harm checking it out. Plus this dude has tons of other articles on Coachella... I give him some mad props for writing these down.

How to Find a Hotel Room for Coachella 2007 (http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019729_hotel-room-coachella.html)

Rock On!