PDA

View Full Version : Any IT experts on here??? Question for you.

nothingman00
11-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Actually, I have two, for now:

1. Describe the system development life cycle (SDLC) as if you were giving a presentation to a group of new-hires...

2. Expert Systems, Neural Networks, and Natural Language Processors all fall into the category of artificial intelligence. Decision Support Systems, Transaction Processing Systems, and Executive Information Systems do not. What characteristics do the first three systems have that the latter three do not? What are the overall benefits of employing AI in a business environment? Describe one business application for each of the three AI systems listed.

Hannahrain
11-18-2007, 11:38 PM
If we do your homework, you're not going to learn anything.

nothingman00
11-18-2007, 11:40 PM

Point being...

nothingman00
11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Randy, you're a fellow drug expert. Why don;t you one-up me real quick and also become an IT savant. Give me the run-down (and this isn't homework---it's actually study guide crap for a final).

nothingman00
11-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Well, since Hannah and Randy couldn't fucking help me, I'm done with question 1. I just wiki'd it and copied. Should make for great study material.

Hannahrain
11-19-2007, 03:30 AM
I meant "we" as in the collective "we", and not as in the "we" that indicates that I have the faintest idea how to assist with any of this.

traviscanada
03-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Ah this post is a bit dated, but along the lines of something I was looking for:

What type of database would you recommend for a regional medium size retail company.

I was going to say microsoft SQL but I am thinking that is too pricey, also ruling out open source as that may require additional staff...

marooko
03-24-2008, 02:15 PM

if he studies the homework, he'll learn what he needs to and bypass the rest of the crap.

canexplain
03-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Ah this post is a bit dated, but along the lines of something I was looking for:

What type of database would you recommend for a regional medium size retail company.

I was going to say microsoft SQL but I am thinking that is too pricey, also ruling out open source as that may require additional staff...

this will be no help, because i dont work with it at all except the security end, i work for a county govt, 2k employees, old mainframe place but now tons of server apps, and we use ms sql ... the backup suck from the operations side lol, but most everyone like the app .. so sorry cant do any better on really give you good reasons ...x****

PotVsKtl
03-24-2008, 02:18 PM
How the fuck does open source require additional staff? You don't have to develop the software, just use it. MySQL.

traviscanada
03-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Hmm ya my instructor gave us a case, they hire outside IT people for their problems, I guess the additional staff would be if problems arose (open source would probably not have the tech support), ya I will look into that MySQL.... I hate MIS it is a required course for me, and all my instructor does all class is refer to textbook pages.

thelastgreatman
03-24-2008, 04:34 PM

The kind of company you are isn't as important as what you want to do with your database. You're going to be using some kind of software that makes use of the database, it probably has a preference. Unless you're just going to run Access queries, which you can do and everything, but bleh.

traviscanada
03-24-2008, 10:42 PM
The kind of company you are isn't as important as what you want to do with your database. You're going to be using some kind of software that makes use of the database, it probably has a preference. Unless you're just going to run Access queries, which you can do and everything, but bleh.

Ya that is true, gotta look into that chapter know what features we need in a DBMS etc, .. I was just lazy and couldn't get focused. As it turns out my group meeting was useless and no one had their parts done anyways. And it's a group of all chicks so they talked about the hills for a bit ( i watched part of that for the first time, and how can that not be scripted.)