PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up is hard to do

garrett222
11-17-2007, 10:40 AM
sup all...I am thinking i might be in a hopeless relationship that needs to end, but i'm having issues with the thought of terminating it.

Share thoughts and stories of breakups and ideas on the situation...

WORD!

psychic friend
11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
RUN

bballarl
11-17-2007, 10:45 AM
The hardest part of breaking up is getting back your stuff.

suprefan
11-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Yes, get back all yoru tunes before you leave the chick. Leave a clause for post break up sex.

garrett222
11-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Dani, post ur pic real quick. I want to see what you look like. Please. I wonder if i saw you at the Detour Festival and didn't know it.

bballarl
11-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Good luck with that.

Also, my previous post was a veiled 2Gether reference. I remember when that was on circa 7th or 8th grade. Anyone else remember MTV's fake boy band?

miscorrections
11-17-2007, 10:59 AM
U + Me = Us

bballarl
11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Someone knows her calculus.

garrett222
11-17-2007, 11:06 AM
i remember that i think..was it a scripted or reality show?

J~$$$
11-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Say it dont spray it. Im embarrassed that I found that show funny.

bballarl
11-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Scripted. I remember very little besides two of the songs.

J~$$$
11-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Whoa Rub One Out.

bballarl
11-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Evidently Justin remembers more than I do.

bballarl
11-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Also, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, garrett222.

J~$$$
11-17-2007, 11:14 AM
just kidding I didnt watch this show. I lied. dont tell anyone k?

bballarl
11-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Lollerskatez!!!1!

garrett222
11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Thank for hijaking bro...Rembember that great hijaking movie Passenger 57? "Ever play roulette? Always bet on black" BADASS

garrett222
11-17-2007, 12:13 PM
has Dani ever posted a pic of herself on the board?

Ill_Eagle
11-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I broke up with my girl last night.

She still has my favorite hoodie...gayyyyyy.

garrett222
11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm 27...it sucks thinking about being single at 27...I mean I suppose it's better than being single at 40, but still it's a little crappy. I want some kids running around, but who knows at this point...

Anyone else single and 27 or older? How do you deal with the disappointment that you wanted to be happily married by x age and you aren't?

superfiction
11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
id deal with it by going to see bjork at the pearl in las vegas

shakermaker113
11-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm 27...it sucks thinking about being single at 27...I mean I suppose it's better than being single at 40, but still it's a little crappy. I want some kids running around, but who knows at this point...

Anyone else single and 27 or older? How do you deal with the disappointment that you wanted to be happily married by x age and you aren't?

I'm 26 and single. but then again, I want to be single until at least 30. maybe 35. possibly forever. I'm in no hurry.

gaypalmsprings
11-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I am single & enjoy it very much, after a 10 year & a 4 year relationship. The first guy left me. The second it was mutual & we are still friends. Another guy I dated for 6 months said he would kill himself when I told him goodbye. I don't know if he is alive or dead, but he was psycho, & I really don't care.

So.....after you break up with whomever, try being single for a while.

PassiveTheory
11-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Jesus christ man, he's dealing with A LOT and you want to expose him to THAT torture?...

Granted, Ratatat is worth the bill... Go for them, pick up some chicks, and split.

amyzzz
11-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Ou friend just broke up (AGAIN) with his girl, and we're comforting him tonight with some rolls. I hope he stays away from that bitch now.

RotationSlimWang
11-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Jesus christ man, he's dealing with A LOT and you want to expose him to THAT torture?...

Granted, Ratatat is worth the bill... Go for them, pick up some chicks, and split.

God I hate your tastes so much. I hope you never see a stitch of pussy again in your life.

amyzzz
11-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Um, Passive, you don't like Bjork OR Radiohead? WTF, dude?

gaypalmsprings
11-17-2007, 07:15 PM

I'm gonna see James Blunt at The Pearl. Now that's romantic! :dumbo

RotationSlimWang
11-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Hahahahaha... a girl I know was telling me how she realized what a big *** (no offense, Gaypalm) her ex-boyfriend was when someone reminded her that when she broke up with him he sent her an email of the lyrics to a James Blunt song called Goodbye My Lover.

Upon reading them over, they are possibly the most cliche, ***-ass (sorry, Gaypalm) lyrics I've ever heard. If I emailed these to a girl I'd have to turn my penis inside out. Enjoy.

James Blunt -- Goodbye My Lover

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.

And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.

gaypalmsprings
11-17-2007, 07:20 PM
I saw James Blunt at El Rey & was about 8 feet away from him. He's very fagalicious (no offense, SlimWang)

"So Long, Jimmy"

I just can't believe that it's over.
We were chilling out on the sofa,
Digging how the guitar goes,
In a song that no one knows.
Did you lick that line yourself,
Or did the voodoo magic help?
Does everyone have a different take?
Do you seem real but I seem fake?
Does everyone get hypnotized by your fire?

So long, Jimmy, so long.
Though you only stayed a moment,
We all know that you're the one. Singing,
So long, Jimmy, so long.
Sure we're glad for the experience,
We miss you now you've gone.
We're just swimming in your soul 'cause,
We all wish we wrote this song.
Life goes on.

I'm just so relieved that it's over.
We were hanging out going nowhere,
Digging how the guitar goes,
In a song that no one knows.
Did you burn that bridge yourself,
Or did the voodoo magic help?
Does everyone have a different take?
Are you just cool and I'm just baked?
Does everyone get mesmerized by your fire?

So long, Jimmy, so long.
Though you only stayed a moment,
We all know that you're the one. Singing,
So long, Jimmy, so long.
Sure we're glad for the experience,
We miss you now you've gone.
We're just swimming in your soul 'cause,
We all wish we wrote this song.
Life goes on.

goodgrl
11-17-2007, 08:36 PM
garrette222, is there a reason why you might be on the fence
about a possible break up because you dont want to be alone?

RotationSlimWang
11-17-2007, 08:50 PM
garrette222, is there a reason why you might be on the fence
about a possible break up because you dont want to be alone?

... excellent work, Holmes.

bballarl
11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Maybe the sex is good and he doesn't want to give it up.

garrett222
11-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Ok..I'm scared of being alone. My job has me moving around once a year, and we've been doing long distance drives for 3.5 yrs. Sometimes as much as 4 hrs. Right now it's a 2 hr drive. She's into her job, and i'm into mine. She wants to be settled and I don't see the point in quitting a job for someone who might be preggos soon and be out of work for 5 years anyway. Nevertheless, we argue a lot (which she blames on distance) and I can't see myself ever proposing based on our troubles communicating and different views of how the future should play out...

So..in a nutshell i'm dealing with it for fear of being alone. Sex is good when it happens..that's def not the reason i'm hanging around. She like Sigur Ros so that's a plus. But hates radiohead. She loves Rascal Flatts...ugh..break up now right?

garrett222
11-17-2007, 08:56 PM
plus who will i take to bjork and tori???? any hot girls on the board want a fun guy to go to good shows with in vegas and oakland?? that would help me greatly.

suprefan
11-17-2007, 08:59 PM
You can make a deal, go to Coachella and go to stagecoach, best of both worlds.

Passive doesnt liek the ''interesting'' artists because its cool to not like them, he is a kid ya know. Granted just getting out of high school and just starting college being the part of your life when your musical taastes solidify, we'll see how it goes.

One day you will understand Passive, one day you will. Oh and going to Vegas in itself, is worth the trouble to get your mind off things.

garrett222
11-17-2007, 09:01 PM
i'm listening to 'nude' by you know who...and it's telling me i need to be alone...:)

garrett222
11-17-2007, 09:03 PM
i think 'goodgirl' might be my juliet. Want to see Tori and Bjork?

RotationSlimWang
11-17-2007, 09:03 PM
She hates Radiohead?

Bitch has no soul, dump her crazy ass.

gaypalmsprings
11-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Maybe your new song should be "Sleeping Single in a Double Bed"

garrett222
11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Who sings that????? I'm Queen bed all the way...hmm..I'm a KING in my queen bed. hehe. I'm with you an the no soul if you don't love radiohead wang...

This is weird with Delta being banned at all, but at work we love the show entourage, and one guy is Vinnie Chase, another is Turtle, another is Johnny Drama....I'm E.

E

PassiveTheory
11-17-2007, 09:31 PM

First off, both have horrid fanbases. Here's article one of evidence:

God I hate your tastes so much. I hope you never see a stitch of pussy again in your life.

Secondly, both are artists who make so-so music (in MY opinion, not the opinion of cocksucking magazine writers who have to do nothing less than copy and paste the words of one another to elicit the same kind of hypnotic, zombie-like COMPLETELY agreeable response from their readers: the rest of the general public) who generally have fore bearers who made better music (this is the case of Radiohead: The Smiths, Jeff Buckley, Autechre; lord knows who Bjork's influenced by, but I can't say I give a damn in that respect, I just don't like her music), have contemporaries who appeal more to me (again the case of Radiohead: Muse; Bjork doesn't have contemporaries) and/or have more pop-critical acclaim than you can fit in a conceited, over-blown monkey (Definitely the case for both), to the extent where it isn't socially acceptable to merely appreciate their meteoric artistic influence (which I do, same with Bob Dylan) but you must be in love with (seemingly) every single piece of musical output that said artists ever produce, and while this is something that irritates me even in regards to bands I fucking love (people who want to say everything the Smiths ever put out was 100% marvelous are doing some GOOD shit given the atrocious quality of "Golden Lights", as well as "Death At One's Elbow" among other things) but when that kind of robot lack of opinion because the DEFINING opinion in regards to whether or not you're a heathen or you're intellectually acceptable, it's fucking sickening. Yes, there are Radiohead fans who think Pablo Honey was not that great, but how many would ever admit to even ONE Thom Yorke song as being atrocious and having the guts to put their opinion out there? None. Why? Because Radiohead is (by the "esteemed" and "qualified" opinion of said blowhard jackass article writers mentioned earlier) the "best band in the world" and thus everything is perfect. This isn't said so much for Bjork, but I definitely get this sentiment that whenever anyone expresses a dislike for Bjork, there's never even a slight bit of understanding as to why one would reach that conclusion, it's just usually the asinine statement of "you just don't get it": the cliched, sounds-like-you're-smarter-than-me bullshit intellectual music officianado-esque statement that fanboys and fangirls revert to.

It's just sad when you people express those feelings (while not explicitly) because you have better taste in music than 80% of the people I meet in real life.

garrett222
11-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Not better taste, just a more open mind.

Nevertheless, it all comes down to art. we are on a message boad that represents 2% of the population, and art is subjective and this group of people generally feel the same about a lot of music including Radiohead.

All That I Am
11-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I saw James Blunt at El Rey & was about 8 feet away from him. He's very fagalicious (no offense, SlimWang)

Sig of the Century!

Yablonowitz
11-17-2007, 10:28 PM

Yes, but the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup.

miscorrections
11-17-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't believe that.

Yablonowitz
11-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Secondly, both are artists who make so-so music (in MY opinion, not the opinion of cocksucking magazine writers who have to do nothing less than copy and paste the words of one another to elicit the same kind of hypnotic, zombie-like COMPLETELY agreeable response from their readers: the rest of the general public) who generally have fore bearers who made better music (this is the case of Radiohead: The Smiths, Jeff Buckley, Autechre; lord knows who Bjork's influenced by, but I can't say I give a damn in that respect, I just don't like her music), have contemporaries who appeal more to me (again the case of Radiohead: Muse; Bjork doesn't have contemporaries) and/or have more pop-critical acclaim than you can fit in a conceited, over-blown monkey (Definitely the case for both), to the extent where it isn't socially acceptable to merely appreciate their meteoric artistic influence (which I do, same with Bob Dylan) but you must be in love with (seemingly) every single piece of musical output that said artists ever produce, and while this is something that irritates me even in regards to bands I fucking love (people who want to say everything the Smiths ever put out was 100% marvelous are doing some GOOD shit given the atrocious quality of "Golden Lights", as well as "Death At One's Elbow" among other things) but when that kind of robot lack of opinion because the DEFINING opinion in regards to whether or not you're a heathen or you're intellectually acceptable, it's fucking sickening. Yes, there are Radiohead fans who think Pablo Honey was not that great, but how many would ever admit to even ONE Thom Yorke song as being atrocious and having the guts to put their opinion out there? None. Why? Because Radiohead is (by the "esteemed" and "qualified" opinion of said blowhard jackass article writers mentioned earlier) the "best band in the world" and thus everything is perfect. This isn't said so much for Bjork, but I definitely get this sentiment that whenever anyone expresses a dislike for Bjork, there's never even a slight bit of understanding as to why one would reach that conclusion, it's just usually the asinine statement of "you just don't get it": the cliched, sounds-like-you're-smarter-than-me bullshit intellectual music officianado-esque statement that fanboys and fangirls revert to.

Paragraphs. Check 'em out.

Yablonowitz
11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't believe that.

Stop it, I'm trying to write a song and that was my first couplet.

The worst part of breaking up is getting back your stuff
but the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup

Passive Theory says he don't much like him the Bjork
I think it's cuz she once wore her a dress with a stork.

Hannahrain
11-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some hot womenz. If there are any hot womenz on the board plz PM.

summerkid
11-17-2007, 10:55 PM
there are Radiohead fans who think Pablo Honey was not that great, but how many would ever admit to even ONE Thom Yorke song as being atrocious and having the guts to put their opinion out there? None. Why? .

That's not true, a lot of people (me included) didn't like the Eraser that much. I thought it sounded incomplete. HTTT was just them treading water andPablo Honey just wasn't very good at all, but I don't see how anyone can deny that In Rainbows, Ok Computer, and Kid A are amazing albums.

thefunkylama
11-17-2007, 10:58 PM
i ar hot womenz. i pm you but your box was full. we date now plz.

Wheres the beef?
11-17-2007, 11:01 PM

I didnt know Randy was such a fanboi.

Wheres the beef?
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
i ar hot womenz. i pm you but your box was full. we date now plz.

we have secks now kthxbai

thefunkylama
11-17-2007, 11:03 PM
u ar ugly and i don like you plz.

miscorrections
11-17-2007, 11:03 PM
HI ALMA

thefunkylama
11-17-2007, 11:04 PM
HI.

WUT.

miscorrections
11-17-2007, 11:05 PM
wut r u werin

thefunkylama
11-17-2007, 11:07 PM
i has on pants and a cute shirt and .... hay wait ar u hittin onme?

miscorrections
11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
i just a cat
i dun no wut u r sayin

thefunkylama
11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
i see wut u did there. u tried to trik me well i tel u wut i'm not that easy.

bballarl
11-17-2007, 11:46 PM
LOLZ

TomAz
11-18-2007, 05:04 AM
That fucking Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart pisses me off. What a load of crud. All these music teachers and professors and theorists blathering on and on and on about how great he is, how he invented classical music, it's like if you ever dare say one bad thing about his music you're branded an apostate or a philistine. Anyone with an open mind willing to actually listen to the music can tell you that Solieri was really the innovator, but for some reason that has to do with mass hysteria, tribalism, and a conspiracy against me, the so-called motherfucking 'experts' all hype Mozart instead. Don Giovanni this, blah blah blah mother fucking cocksucking trainriding fanbois. Why can't people listen to Solieri with an open mind???!?!?!??!!

Also the Beatles suck, the Monkees were so much better. All you have to do is listen and not form opinions based on what other people tell you. Don't be a bandwagonner. 'Greatest album of all time', huh, they're just forecefeeding you this. the Monkees and the Kingston Trio is where it's at. anyone with ears and a willingness to have an open mind can tell you that.

bmack86
11-18-2007, 05:37 AM
THred Hijack compleat.

goodgrl
11-18-2007, 08:14 AM
i dont understand why people cant just let go and move on?
Your 27, does she know how you feel? For all you know she could be expecting a ring this xmas- you have lots of thinking to do.

What sucks is that the holidays are right around the corner and if you break up with her now-

Sweetheart, it sucks to be you...

garrett222
11-18-2007, 09:33 AM
She is not expecting anything...it's been a constant struggle from day 1. We're actually debating through txt messages whether i should come for thanksgiving or not..

it's really hard after this long to say 'i think we should break up' and stick to it.

Hannahrain
11-18-2007, 09:35 AM
NONE OF THIS CHITCHAT IS CONDUCIVE TO MY GETTING HOT WOMENZ.

garrett222
11-18-2007, 09:40 AM
hannah...ur a girlz...a str8 one i think..calm it.

miscorrections
11-18-2007, 09:41 AM
She is lots of girlz so don't even front like you know.

Hannahrain
11-18-2007, 09:42 AM
I SAID WOMENZ. CORINNA WANT TO BE IN MY HAREM? YES I THINK YOU DO.

miscorrections
11-18-2007, 09:44 AM
To quote Britney Spears, I'm not a girl, not yet a woman. I don't think I fit the criterion.

rage patton
11-18-2007, 09:44 AM
I havent read this thread until today for some reason. I dont know why...

I do know that I love it though.

Hannahrain
11-18-2007, 09:45 AM
To quote Britney Spears, I'm not a girl, not yet a woman. I don't think I fit the criterion.

I LOVEZ ME SOME NUBILE INBETWEENIEZ.

thefunkylama
11-18-2007, 09:45 AM
hannar u ar not reply i has next thusrdai free we go 4 suchi? .can i hav ur pic ar u a girl/

Hannahrain
11-18-2007, 09:47 AM
I dunno. Is you nubile?

thefunkylama
11-18-2007, 09:47 AM
yes? iz that like bein black?

full on idle
11-18-2007, 09:49 AM
THREAD CLIFF NOTES:

Yes, but the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup.

I LOVEZ ME SOME NUBILE INBETWEENIEZ.

/END THREAD

Apathetic00
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear that its been a struggle from day one. I have been with my girl for 5 1/2 yrs but this is the second time we have gotten together. We dated once before that lasted a year and damn...you don't realize how much growing up you have to do when you're 19yrs old.

Now 29 and 27. Not always happy but still madly in love. If you have had to struggle and I mean really struggle to keep this relationship going, then its about time you let it go. If its meant to be it will gel together again...but probably not in the time you would like it to be in.
Also sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the relationship, I have had a really hard time realizing that I am the one at fault and no one else is to blame for who I am. Maybe you need to look inward and think to your self if you are responsible for this not working out.

No easy answers here, but don't let this go on until you hate each other or do something you regret. Keep us posted.

p.s. Amyzzz, I though the number one rule to taking drugs or anything for that matter was to do it to have fun...not to forget or hide how we feel.

garrett222
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Ugh, so we're on the phone pretty much breaking up....and she's driving home...and i guess she was speeding, so she is getting pulled over and she says 'oh i guess i'll call you back and we'll finish breaking up'....can you believe this?

Hannahrain
11-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Do companies pay you for your avatar space?

vinylmartyr
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
way to twist the knife hannah

Hannahrain
11-18-2007, 06:29 PM
What? It's not like I said, "Is your relationship over because companies pay you for your avatar space?".

captncrzy
11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
If you're that unsure and it's been this long, it's time to move on. It's all downhill from here.

judila
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Are you crazy?! ENJOY being 27 and single!! Now, go out and have fun, dammit!! :)

psychic friend
11-19-2007, 04:41 PM
listen to tom leykis

bballarl
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Or Tom DeLonge.

amyzzz
11-19-2007, 05:22 PM
p.s. Amyzzz, I though the number one rule to taking drugs or anything for that matter was to do it to have fun...not to forget or hide how we feel.
We did it so my friend who just broke up with his longtime gf could talk it all out. Ecstasy is great for that, and we had an awesome time.

Bosco
11-19-2007, 05:25 PM
The Chemical Brothers - (The Best Part Of) Breaking Up

garrett222
11-19-2007, 05:50 PM
She started crying...so we're still together for now.. :)

goodgrl
11-20-2007, 09:38 PM

So garrette if I start crying will you pay for my plane ticket to coach?

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Oh you poor pussy. Rookie mistake, my friend. Never trust a crazy girl's tears, never.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 03:49 PM

It's just sad when you people express those feelings (while not explicitly) because you have better taste in music than 80% of the people I meet in real life.

I can only be bothered to listen to about half of Radiohead's songs and a tenth of Bjork's. So once again, you're just an unbelievable load of bullshit packed into a fat body. You're being holier-than-thou and how other people are holier-than-thou. Which makes you even more of a cunt.

Maybe all your girlfriends end up fucking chicks afterwards because they're just so tired of listening to the endless stream of authoritively-delivered rhetoric coming out of the mouth of a fucking 18 year old who still doesn't even have enough of a clue about any aspect of life.

full on idle
11-22-2007, 04:21 PM
He's doing exactly what you do, in every other thread, about every other topic. Perhaps you're just inciting an argument because of your aforementioned boredom. But jigga please.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 04:44 PM
What exactly is it that he's doing that I do? Please specify.

EDIT: Also, those are motherfucking fighting words, FOIey. Please don't compare MY bullshit to THIS CUNT's bullshit, alright?

PassiveTheory
11-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I can only be bothered to listen to about half of Radiohead's songs and a tenth of Bjork's. So once again, you're just an unbelievable load of bullshit packed into a fat body. You're being holier-than-thou and how other people are holier-than-thou. Which makes you even more of a cunt.

Maybe all your girlfriends end up fucking chicks afterwards because they're just so tired of listening to the endless stream of authoritively-delivered rhetoric coming out of the mouth of a fucking 18 year old who still doesn't even have enough of a clue about any aspect of life.

Since when have you had all your shit together? Seriously. Everything you say just seamlessly blends together to say the same bullshit over and over again. It's tired, it's old, and you're just pussyfooting around the issue every single time so that when it seems like you're involved, you pull yourself out like you were about to go balls deep in TomAz's vagina, and realized "Holy fuck, I don't know what the hell I'm doing here" and completely neutralize your own position. One tenth of Bjork's material and only half of Radiohead's stuff means you're not a legitimate fan or what, Randy?

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 05:15 PM
You argument is that you dislike how all radiohead and bjork fans can't possibly admit fault in those artists. This is the basis of you fucking bullshit vendetta. And I'm telling you that I can't listen to half of Radiohead's songs, but that doesn't prevent me from still thinking they're the best band out there.

You're just a reactionary twat who hates it when bands get popular from being artistic and innovative but loves it when shitty talentless ****** small-time bands do so. You hate the bands because of the fans, you hate the fans because they're passionate, and you're guilty of the same exact crime you accuse them of but in converse. You're a fucking hypocrite and I wish you would shut the fuck up about it already.

Jesus Christ, just kill yourself already, please.

PassiveTheory
11-22-2007, 06:00 PM
You argument is that you dislike how all radiohead and bjork fans can't possibly admit fault in those artists. This is the basis of you fucking bullshit vendetta. And I'm telling you that I can't listen to half of Radiohead's songs, but that doesn't prevent me from still thinking they're the best band out there.

You're just a reactionary twat who hates it when bands get popular from being artistic and innovative but loves it when shitty talentless ****** small-time bands do so. You hate the bands because of the fans, you hate the fans because they're passionate, and you're guilty of the same exact crime you accuse them of but in converse. You're a fucking hypocrite and I wish you would shut the fuck up about it already.

Jesus Christ, just kill yourself already, please.

Yes, because Portishead, the Smiths, Tool, et. all are small-time talentless ****** bands. Fuck you, Randy. I'm passionate about the music I love, but I can see faults in the music I love, and though you yourself may differ in terms of how you love Radiohead and Bjork, it doesn't cover for the vast majority of the people I'm talking about.

And I wouldn't let you have the satisfaction of calling me a coward. Go blow your own brains out, douchebag.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
You're basing your judgment of an entire band(s) on a small minority of hardcore fans.

In all honesty, Passive, internet tough guy talk aside, if I ever see you at a show I wouldn't mind getting kicked out of I don't know if I could resist the urge to violence. That's how much your rationales irritate me. You need to be slammed in the nose. It'd be a good dose of reality for you. That's my final word on this argument.

full on idle
11-22-2007, 06:31 PM
What exactly is it that he's doing that I do? Please specify.

Just, you know, typing out these long-winded soapbox diatribes with absolute certainty in regards to a subjective matter. For specifics, let's see, how about screenwriting? Illegal drug use? Women?

EDIT: Also, those are motherfucking fighting words, FOIey. Please don't compare MY bullshit to THIS CUNT's bullshit, alright?

Right. His bullshit (in this case being his case against overzealous Radiohead fans) is completely incomparable to say, this bullshit:

Look, it doesn't matter how "manly" of an order any given cologne goes for--sweet-smelling is what women are supposed to be. Frankly, it's rude to try to take it away from them. They're supposed to look and smell better than us, and then we pick up the slack in the humor and intelligence

Chicks that dig guys who wear cologne, jewelry, and hair product have no idea what it is to be properly fucked, that's my position and I'm standing by it.

tessalasset
11-22-2007, 06:33 PM
How's that quarantining going?

Happy Thanksgiving <3

full on idle
11-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I know I couldn't help it.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Just, you know, typing out these long-winded soapbox diatribes with absolute certainty in regards to a subjective matter. For specifics, let's see, how about screenwriting? Illegal drug use? Women?

Right. His bullshit (in this case being his case against overzealous Radiohead fans) is completely incomparable to say, this bullshit:

There's rather a huge difference between my expousing my feelings about illegal drug use (something I do), screenwriting (something I do), women (something I do), and his aggressive agenda against bands' and their music because he has some kind of beef with their fans. See, if he was saying that music sucks for this that or the other reason, then it would be comparable to my arguments. He would be attacking the band and the music based on what they are. Instead he attacks it based on their overzealous fan base. Do you see the logical gap there?

You know what, fuck it, I'm tired of trying to talk about logic on this board. It's a fucking waste of time.

full on idle
11-22-2007, 06:41 PM
ha.

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh, look at how mad Randy's getting!!!!!

PS - threatening violence on a message board due to your irritation with someone else is the lowest common denominator of Internet behavior.

You're a confounding man, Randall.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm on too much Xanax to be mad, I just get so tired of going over the SAME FUCKING THING over and over again and such simple shit somehow not getting across.

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm on too much Xanax to be mad, I just get so tired of going over the SAME FUCKING THING over and over again and such simple shit somehow not getting across.

But why can't you just let it go?

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 06:56 PM

How much you on right now? I got a .5 mg tablet settling in...taking me to bed time with a load of turkey, gravy and stuffing mixing around with it.

full on idle
11-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Tuck him in, Yabs.

clarky123
11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
n,Fuck the Pope Ya Nob!

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Tuck him in, Yabs.

Don't get me excited. Annalisa's nearby.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 07:04 PM
I think I'm up to about 8 mg so far today.

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I think I'm up to about 8 mg so far today.

Wow. That's more than five days worth for me. You're hxc.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 07:30 PM
hxc? Oh, hardcore. Um, yeah, that's not how I'd really classify it at the moment.

Yablonowitz
11-22-2007, 08:07 PM
hxc? Oh, hardcore. Um, yeah, that's not how I'd really classify it at the moment.

I can't imagine how you would have responded to Passive if you weren't so sedated.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 08:08 PM
I probably wouldn't have bothered.

ewiggy
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
i'm so hollow, baby.

RotationSlimWang
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
i'm so hollow, baby.

I could fix that for you.